Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

767-300ER
Topic Author

US-BRAZIL Upgrades?

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:52 am

Are any airlines planning on upgrading equipment on existing routes? I have been looking at tix for several periods throughout the next yr and prices seem to be really high. MIA-GRU used to be found easy for about 850ish, same for JFK-GRU, and IAH-GRU is running about 1200. Any ideas if airlines are planning to upgrade any equipment to boost capacity? Could AA add another 777 to Brazil, or could CO upgrade EWR-GRU to a 764? is DL planning on sending any 764s to Brazil either? I know additional flights will be difficult to gain, but maybe more seats could help the capacity strain??

MAH4546

RE: US-BRAZIL Upgrades?

Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:41 am

AA is awaiting ANAC approval for more Miami-Brazil flights.
a.

tonytifao

Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:54 am

If you want cheap prices, AA has $685 for next week on MIA-GRU route  Smile I'm going... see you there  Smile Choice of 777 or 767  Smile

I do hope they upgrade. I heard rumors of adding a 777 in place of a 763

thomasphoto60

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:15 am

I am xurious as to what TAM's future plans are? Are they planning any additional N.Am expansion beyond their 2 gateways of MIA and JFK, i.e. LAX, ORD, IAD, IAH, YYZ?

Thomas
"Show me the Braniffs"

MAH4546

Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:38 am

Quoting Thomasphoto60 (Reply 3):
I am xurious as to what TAM's future plans are? Are they planning any additional N.Am expansion beyond their 2 gateways of MIA and JFK, i.e. LAX, ORD, IAD, IAH, YYZ?

No, but they are planning MIA-GIG. There is no reason for them to fly to LAX, ORD, IAH, YYZ. The latter three have their small local Brazil markets fulfilled by the local hub airline. LAX-Brazil just simply isn't high yielding.
a.

sw733

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:00 am

Just booked a r/t ticket MCI-IAH-GRU-EWR-MCI on CO for late September/early October and I'm on a 764 on the way out (IAH-GRU) and a 762 back (GRU-EWR). I was very, very surprised to see the 762 on the GRU-EWR route and not something bigger - I would love to see a 764 or 777 on that route...the flight looked pretty busy from the seat map, so I bet they could pull it off.

donzilasse

Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:07 am

Booked yesterday MIA - GIG for $692 with AA. You can find some cheaper tickets through www. kayak.com
Unfortunately, the prices has been high lately mainly due to the Varig issue but hopefully when JJ starts MIA-GIG it can help to bring down the fares a bit.

LipeGIG

Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:02 pm

Quoting SW733 (Reply 5):
I was very, very surprised to see the 762 on the GRU-EWR route and not something bigger - I would love to see a 764 or 777 on that route...the flight looked pretty busy from the seat map, so I bet they could pull it off.

Could be on the day you booked, but this route is not so strong as IAH-GRU-GIG. I believe they keep better routes to fly their 777 fleet, the 764 could be considered in the near future, but remember DL and JJ are now running JFK-GRU daily flights (replacing only RG)

Quoting 767-300ER (Thread starter):
Are any airlines planning on upgrading equipment on existing routes?

Delta informed recently that they will bring 2 news very soon, one of them i believe could be an upgrade on the equipment used nowadays.

Quoting Donzilasse (Reply 6):
Booked yesterday MIA - GIG for $692 with AA. You can find some cheaper tickets through www. kayak.com
Unfortunately, the prices has been high lately mainly due to the Varig issue but hopefully when JJ starts MIA-GIG it can help to bring down the fares a bit.

Good to know as now i'm looking for good deals on MIA-GIG and i never received any net saver AA deals to GIG, only to GRU, EZE, CCS, BOG, LIM and a few other south American stations.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

donzilasse

Fri Sep 01, 2006 12:01 am

Felipe,
Kayak is a searchengine which searches over 150 ticket retailers incl. the airlines. I have used them a lot in the past and it works great. This week I bought two tickets through them. One is on Sept. 28th with AA to GRU from MIA at 11.20PM which continues to GIG arriving 10:55AM on the 29th with return on the 3rd on AA 905. For this ticket I paid $692 and the actual seller of the ticket was airfare.com

The second ticket was same flight to Brasil for my son with return on November 14th at a rate of $714.
My son want to stay at my house in Ipatinga, M.G. for a month and a half. He likes those Brazilian girls!!!

Check it out this site works great!!!

Regards
Lasse

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos