Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

N754PR
Topic Author

"OASiSHONGKONG" Ready For Oct Launch.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:24 am

Thats not a mistake in the topic, their name would seem to be written like that. http://www.oasishongkong.com/

Site is not ready yet, think they are just setting it up. Tickets have gone on sale.

Pics of the launch here but its a VERY slow site..... http://news.carnoc.com/list/74/74454.html
Bush, your a sad, sad man.

B742

RE: "OASiSHONGKONG" Ready For Oct Launch.

Tue Sep 05, 2006 2:33 am

Thanks N754PR for the update  Smile

It seems like Oasis have changed their style since we first heard of them a few months back  Smile

I like the sceme and design very much, I wish them all the best  Smile

Also on a side note....which terminal will be used at LGW, North or South?

Rob!  wave 

wedgetail737

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:24 am

When they officially start OAK-HKG service, I will be there!

LAXintl

Tue Sep 05, 2006 7:38 am

Quoting Wedgetail737 (Reply 2):
When they officially start OAK-HKG service, I will be there!

Dont hold your breath.

I've had conversations with Oasis. They will try to get their initial Europe route operational and solid before they spread their wings further, particularly across the Pacific.

As result they have not even begun and US certification/route applications. In addition they are far from being certain that OAK let along the Bay Area will be their first North America destination.

They also face issues with availability of passenger B744s at reasonable rates as the type has strong demand for freighter conversions.

My feeling is that their business model might see changes to become more of a regional player especially if Dragon Air gets completely absorbed by Cathay instead of a pure longhaul low fare operation.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

N754PR
Topic Author

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:08 am

If they can't get Oakland then they will go to Chicago....... they are now also looking at 777's due to the shortage of 744's.

N754PR
Topic Author

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:11 pm

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7960/blfamodelin1.jpg

centrair

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:28 pm

Quoting N754PR (Reply 4):
If they can't get Oakland then they will go to Chicago....... they are now also looking at 777's due to the shortage of 744's.

And if they go for Chicago...I bet CX will step up too.

Interesting they would look at 777s to. Are there that many up for resale or lease?
My name is Centrair but HND is closer. Let's Japanese Aviation!

alaskaqantas

Tue Sep 05, 2006 12:30 pm

I like the livery... speaking of liveries, check out round four of the American liveries in the polls/prefs section! uploaded just the other day!

Good luck to Oasis, can't wait o se what they plan on doing for the interiors!
~Cheers-
~~Kyle H.
to some people the sky is the limit, to aviation enthusiasts, its home!

agmyvr

Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:44 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 3):
Dont hold your breath.

I've had conversations with Oasis. They will try to get their initial Europe route operational and solid before they spread their wings further, particularly across the Pacific.

As result they have not even begun and US certification/route applications. In addition they are far from being certain that OAK let along the Bay Area will be their first North America destination.

They also face issues with availability of passenger B744s at reasonable rates as the type has strong demand for freighter conversions.

My feeling is that their business model might see changes to become more of a regional player especially if Dragon Air gets completely absorbed by Cathay instead of a pure longhaul low fare operation

a report from the HKG SCMP news is that they have applied to fly to YVR last month in HKG hopefully within 2007 when (as u've said) they have enough aircrafts ...maybe another option to start their NorthAmerican routes

The CX/KA issue might have changed Oasis Biz model cos their very low fare in Y will be only 10% of their 271 seats. And their 81 J class seats using the current lie-flat angled seat and the Y is the 32" and all seats with PTVs....just like most of the other airlines......anyway I'm quite optimistic with them!

IberiaA319

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:00 pm

They will start operations with Air Atlanta's TF-AMA and TF-AMB, right? These frames were used by Iberia until July 1st and previously they were Singapore birds.

cornish

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:04 pm

Quoting IberiaA319 (Reply 9):
They will start operations with Air Atlanta's TF-AMA and TF-AMB, right? These frames were used by Iberia until July 1st and previously they were Singapore birds.

Yes that is correct.

LGW is the first route. CGN is most likely to be next. They also have authority to fly to Milan in Europe too.

They want OAK and YVR in N.America as their first two destinations - remains to be seen if they get them.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

spottingpete93

Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:53 pm

Absolutely fantastic livery!!! Can't wait to see it at LGW.

Quoting B742 (Reply 1):
Also on a side note....which terminal will be used at LGW, North or South?

At the moment it looks like being a South Terminal operation.

wedgetail737

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:03 pm

Dont hold your breath.

My feeling is that their business model might see changes to become more of a regional player especially if Dragon Air gets completely absorbed by Cathay instead of a pure longhaul low fare operation.

Well, one can only hope it comes true, right?

RobK

Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Quoting IberiaA319 (Reply 9):
They will start operations with Air Atlanta's TF-AMA and TF-AMB, right?

Yes, registrations are B-LFA and B-LFB respectively.

R

AirWillie6475

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:59 am

I'm not sure about the name. Plus I'm not sure about their ops. They say it's an LCC but I don't think many would like to fly a bus for 10 hours. Lets see what their definition of an LCC is.

agmyvr

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:06 am

well....from the HKG news SCMP article...Oasis doesn't sound like a LCC except the 10% approx 27 seats (HKD1000/way) in Y and for J (a secret) on each flight will be sold at extremely Low fare......the rest......just like the current market price u can get from travel agents

N754PR
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:39 pm

They are not just like the market rates.

Their normal return to London is about 5500 HK$ incl tax.... you find that on CX or BA during the normal months of the year..... you will not. In the low season Yes but in the low season OASiS will do the same.

ndebelebev

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:35 am

Just out of interest whats the IATA/ICAO codes going to be for OASiS? Just been looking at their site. Looks good. Would consider flying them to HKG to keep costs down.

Bev xx
Her Pose Is That Of Someone... Who Knows It All And Is In Total Control Of Her World... Little Does She Know...

aer lingus

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Ndebelebev (Reply 17):
Just out of interest whats the IATA/ICAO codes going to be for OASiS?

Their IATA code is O8. Don't know their ICAO

Also Y Class pax don't get complimentary drinks while meals and entertainment is included in the fare.

http://www.oasishongkong.com/gb/en/services/classes.aspx

No complimentary drinks for Y Class on a flight 11+ hours  Wow!

bigthumbsup 
Split Scimitar or Sharklets?

wedgetail737

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:30 am

Dont hold your breath.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 10):
They want OAK and YVR in N.America as their first two destinations - remains to be seen if they get them.

The Oasis Hong Kong website still states OAK as one of its desired N. American gateways. I would have to challenge your thoughts.

2travel2know

Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:42 am

I checked OASiS (that how they spell their name) website, read almost all of it and I got some questions about them.
If I assume they're a "sort-of-a-LCC", Why fly to LGW but not STN instead? In London, STN seems to be a more LCC oriented airport than LGW and IMHO LTN (with no jetways) isn't the right aiport for such a long-haul operation.
2 destinations in Germany aren't too much for them? CGN only could be enough to start with; CGN has both the LCC base and huge market base.
MXP seems to be a good destination choice, but do the LCC serving Milano use another airport instead of MXP?
I understand why they would want to fly to OAK from HKG, but howcome ORD? ORD isn't a major LCC airport in the U.S.A.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

legacyins

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:02 pm

By flying into OAK, do they expect to hook up with WN, the major LLC flying from there? WN has an Interline agreement with ATA at OAK. So is OASIS thinking about starting an Interline with WN or rely on the O&D market of the SF Bay Area?

wedgetail737

Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:39 pm

Quoting Legacyins (Reply 21):
By flying into OAK, do they expect to hook up with WN, the major LLC flying from there? WN has an Interline agreement with ATA at OAK. So is OASIS thinking about starting an Interline with WN or rely on the O&D market of the SF Bay Area?

It will be interesting how that turns out. According to their website, the claim that OAK has great connection opportunities. I'm sure WN or B6 would be definite possibilities.

cornish

Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:59 pm

Quoting 2travel2know (Reply 20):
I checked OASiS (that how they spell their name) website, read almost all of it and I got some questions about them.
If I assume they're a "sort-of-a-LCC", Why fly to LGW but not STN instead? In London, STN seems to be a more LCC oriented airport than LGW and IMHO LTN (with no jetways) isn't the right aiport for such a long-haul operation.
2 destinations in Germany aren't too much for them? CGN only could be enough to start with; CGN has both the LCC base and huge market base.
MXP seems to be a good destination choice, but do the LCC serving Milano use another airport instead of MXP?
I understand why they would want to fly to OAK from HKG, but howcome ORD? ORD isn't a major LCC airport in the U.S.A.

The original plan was STN, but LGW was seen as a much better option with a much better population catchment and profile Also thanks to U2, LGW has plenty of LCC onward connections to main points in Europe. STN may have more LCCs, but the O&D possibilities are less attractive than for LGW.

CGN is the first German city they have rights for. Maybe they will look for another but I'd be surprised. I think they will serve other countries next.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

CCA

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:03 pm

The first A/C I believe arrives in Hong Kong on the 15th of Sept.
Enthusiast

agmyvr

Thu Sep 07, 2006 6:50 pm

Quoting Aer Lingus (Reply 18):
Their IATA code is O8. Don't know their ICAO

Also Y Class pax don't get complimentary drinks while meals and entertainment is included in the fare.

http://www.oasishongkong.com/gb/en/services/classes.aspx

No complimentary drinks for Y Class on a flight 11+ hours

They have either Water, Tea or Coffee..........:P

ba1978

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:03 pm

BBC is reporting that they're offering London to Hong Kong fares at £75 one way!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/5320918.stm
There are other ways and there's British Airways

aer lingus

Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:35 am

Quoting Agmyvr (Reply 25):
They have either Water, Tea or Coffee..........:P

Now that sounds better!

Don't know if they will charge for water, tea or coffee.

I hope they don't!

bigthumbsup 
Split Scimitar or Sharklets?