matt
Topic Author

CanJet Suspends Scheduled Service Sept. 10

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:12 pm

Next flights: YQM-YUL-YVR-YUL-YQM / YQM-YYZ-HKG-DXB-BCN-YUL-YQM

donder10

RE: CanJet Suspends Scheduled Service Sept. 10

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:14 pm

That would certainly explain the lack of a scheduled timetable for the winter!

yow

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:27 pm

This one had been rumoured for quite some time. I wonder how many people will lose their jobs?

This would also explain their lack of any flight announcements for the past several months.

No more YOW-SRQ.  Sad It's rather surprising that they wouldn't convert their Florida flights to charter service????

I wonder if we'll see WestJet ramp up services to the Maritimes, and maybe beef-up Florida flights a bit more?

With such a short time before sked ops cease, they're going to really tick off thousands of pax. Why didn't they announce this a month ago or announce a shutdown for say the end of October?

cslusarc

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:31 pm

Can all those AC and WS fans yell yippie.
--cslusarc from YWG

drgmobile

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:39 pm

I'm one of the customers they have screwed with and I am very unhappy. I am supposed to fly CanJet back from Newfoundland after Christmas.....now holding at CanJet reservations to see if there are even seats available for them to book me on. Meanwhile, the Web site says nothing about the shutdown and the voicemail recording is promoting the frequent flyer program!

EXAAUADL

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:44 pm

Quoting Drgmobile (Reply 4):
I'm one of the customers they have screwed with and I am very unhappy. I am supposed to fly CanJet back from Newfoundland after Christmas.....now holding at CanJet reservations to see if there are even seats available for them to book me on. Meanwhile, the Web site says nothing about the shutdown and the voicemail recording is promoting the frequent flyer program!

This is very sad. If you paid by credit card, you should be ok.

Too bad, I thought CanJet was doing ok.

Quoting YOW (Reply 2):
Why didn't they announce this a month ago or announce a shutdown for say the end of October?

They were probably running out of cash too quickly. Most airlines dont give a weeks notice that they are shutting down.

fly_yhm

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:53 pm

Wow for once somethings that affects most major airports in the east except YHM.

it really is too bad though however I am sure none of us are over suprised by this.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

yow

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:53 pm

Quoting EXAAUADL (Reply 5):
They were probably running out of cash too quickly. Most airlines dont give a weeks notice that they are shutting down.

Well the guy that owns CanJet is very, very wealthy. I think it's more a case of he got tired of financing a money-losing business. The charter biz is pretty much money in the bank for them.

Here's the latest directly from CanJet's website:

Message to our Guests

Since CanJet Airlines’ inception four years ago, our focus has been to offer airline travelers an alternative low cost air travel service while maintaining a solid foundation of guest safety and superior customer service.

Unfortunately, our airline, over the years, has been faced with many uncontrollable challenges within the industry including high fuel costs, continual increases to airport fees as well as increases in competitive capacity on our primary routes. Subsequently, these challenges have forced CanJet to suspend all scheduled service while we endeavour to focus on our charter opportunities.

Therefore, it is with a great deal of regret that I inform you that CanJet will no longer offer scheduled air services at the end of business September 10, 2006. This includes all domestic flights as well as scheduled flights to New York and Florida. The airline will continue, however, to operate charter flights and will have aircraft available for ad hoc charter service.

For those passengers who are booked to travel beyond September 10, 2006, you will be fully refunded and those passengers requiring additional information about their travel plans can find a Frequently Asked Question page posted on our web site or contact our Reservations Sales Centre at 1-800-809-7777.

I would like to extend my personal gratitude to you for your patronage in the past and I wish all our customers continued safe and enjoyable air travel.

Yours truly,

Julie N. Gossen
Executive Vice President & COO

drgmobile

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:54 pm

Finally got through to CanJet and the carrier has NOTHING to tell its passengers about the so-called "suitable alternate travel arrangements."

longhauler

Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:59 pm

Earning money in the Maritimes/NFLD is pretty bleak in the winter. I have flown flights in 140 seat aircraft with 20 people on board, and that happens more often than not.

Perhaps this is the best way to keep the brand alive, and perhaps next year when high season rolls around, CanJet will be starting scheduled/charters around Canada again.
Just because I stopped arguing, doesn't mean I think you are right. It just means I gave up!

yow

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:00 am

Quoting Fly_yhm (Reply 6):
Wow for once somethings that affects most major airports in the east except YHM.

YHZ will take the hardest hit in terms of lost pax. YYT & YDF will also take large hits.

drgmobile

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:04 am

After screwing so many Atlantic Canadians, who make Christmas travel plans FAR in advance as fares can be expensive to Atlantic Canada (especially Newfoundland), I don't know that there would be much of a market for a resumption of CanJet scheduled services. More likely WestJet will fill some gap.

Salomon

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:23 am

It will be interesting to see if Air Canada, Jazz and Westjet will add capacity, will charge higher prices or will cut frequencies (YDF, YYT...).
Takeoffs are optional; landings are mandatory.

drgmobile

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:31 am

I'd expect something to happen in Deer Lake -- either Air Canada upgauges its flights or adds frequencies and/or WestJet moves in. Both AC and CanJet had increased capacity out of Deer Lake, which would tend to suggest there's a market there.

yow

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:37 am

Quoting Drgmobile (Reply 13):
I'd expect something to happen in Deer Lake -- either Air Canada upgauges its flights or adds frequencies and/or WestJet moves in. Both AC and CanJet had increased capacity out of Deer Lake, which would tend to suggest there's a market there.

I can't see WestJet not launching a daily YHZ-YDF flight with a 1-stop service to YYZ. YDF has grown into the 4th largest airport in the Maritimes, handling about 225,000 pax last year and I believe their 2006 YTD traffic is up around 7-8%.

Horus

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:38 am

Well I guess Egyptair will have to find new homes for the 4 B735s Canjet had agreed to buy.

Horus
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

yow

Wed Sep 06, 2006 12:57 am

This sure will make available a lot of extra capacity to the tour operators for this coming winter. I wonder if any will take advantage of this or how many hotels rooms are still available for that matter?

matt
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:03 am

Quoting YOW (Reply 16):
This sure will make available a lot of extra capacity to the tour operators for this coming winter. I wonder if any will take advantage of this or how many hotels rooms are still available for that matter?

I'm sure they have planes and staff to offer. However, out of Halifax this winter, they are operating half the number of charter flights they did last winter. For the 2006 Winter season, they operated flights on behalf of Transat Holidays, Sunquest and Conquest. This year, they have only contracted flights with Sunquest.

Out of central Canada, however, I'm not sure exactly where and for whom they will be operating charter flights this winter.

9252fly

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:10 am

Expect WS to soon announce service between YUL-YHZ and YOW-YHZ. They are the real winner in all of this as they will now be in a position to solidify their eastern domestic network. YUL-YQM and possibily YHZ-YDF will likely follow at a later stage.

[Edited 2006-09-05 18:12:52]

aeroplan73

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:13 am

At least they didn't pull a Jetsgo, and waited until things were completely out of hand.

Kudos to Canjet for facing the economic reality early, and trying to reamain solvent in the long run.
I remember, the choices were chicken or fish. I had the lasagna.

alespesl

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:26 am

So sad to see them go but at least they let people know little time in advance.

When I studied at Dalhousie University in Halifax, I used Canjet couple times to fly to YYZ. I was doing lots of flight searching for my chinese and other int'l friends and whenever I could I booked them on Canjet.

A332

Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:49 am

I can't say I'm surprised at all, CanJet simply did not have a comparative product to offer it's customers and this is the result. You cannot charge the same fare as AC & WS and not have a similar product... it's all about value.

I have expected this kind of announcement from C6 for quite some time.
Bad spellers of the world... UNTIE!

yeggerman

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:02 am

Does AC and WS have the ability to add capacity with both already running pretty heavy scheds, and the fact that aircraft are getting harder to come by to add capacity? I can see some more frequency to these routes but I don't know if they will be able to pick up all the stranded people, especially for x-mas time with already high 70% capacity for both airlines. It will be interesting to see.
"All great things must come to an end"

9252fly

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:10 am

Quoting Yeggerman (Reply 22):
Does AC and WS have the ability to add capacity with both already running pretty heavy scheds, and the fact that aircraft are getting harder to come by to add capacity?

Both are adding more aircraft all the time. AC is continuing to take delivery of E190's and WS is still receiving B736 aircraft. It's not a question of whether AC or WS can add capacity,rather it's how much will the average person have to pay for their tickets going forward in the markets that C6 operated scheduled services. Yields on those routes will improve and make the business sustainable for both carriers.

yeggerman

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:25 am

Quoting 9252fly (Reply 23):
Both are adding more aircraft all the time. AC is continuing to take delivery of E190's and WS is still receiving B736 aircraft.

Don't get me wrong, they are adding A/C all the time every month, and sometimes every 2 weeks, but I would assume most are already spoken for. In AC a majority are moving out west for the expansion, and for WS they are more than likely being used somewhere else to allow the -700's and -800's to run the new trans-boarder services they have just announced. Both have recently added capacity and frequency to a lot of area's, none are really out east were C6 main operations are (YHZ).

So I don't think it is going to be quite that easy to add more routes and frequency out east that everyone thinks they can.
"All great things must come to an end"

yyz717

Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:54 am

This is surprising that they opted to can the whole system. You would think they would have maintained at least YHZ-YYZ. I guess the losses were substantial.

There is no indication of fleet changes yet though.

Quoting Horus (Reply 15):
Well I guess Egyptair will have to find new homes for the 4 B735s Canjet had agreed to buy.

When was this announced or released? Recently? If it still happens, it will take the C6 fleet to 14 733/735.
I dumped at the gybe mark in strong winds when I looked up at a Porter Q400 on finals. Can't stop spotting.

yow

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:25 am

Quoting Yyz717 (Reply 25):

This had only ever been a rumour up until this point.

I'd bet they ditch the 733 and keep the common 735 fleet. Tail # 506 is the oddball -500 in the fleet.

YYZYYT

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:29 am

Quoting Drgmobile (Reply 4):
Drgmobile

call WS right away. I just did and was able to snag replacement seats for not much more ($216 base 1-way)

Quoting LongHauler (Reply 9):
Earning money in the Maritimes/NFLD is pretty bleak in the winter. I have flown flights in 140 seat aircraft with 20 people on board, and that happens more often than not.

I dunno - I have been finding it hard to get flights to YYT at a reasonable price after the demise of Jetsgo.

captaingomes

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:35 am

Quoting YOW (Reply 2):
With such a short time before sked ops cease, they're going to really tick off thousands of pax. Why didn't they announce this a month ago or announce a shutdown for say the end of October?

They announced the shut down as a result of bleeding finances. Can you imagine the cost of continuing for another month, especially with no more revenue coming in? You'd need tremendously deep pockets to operate for one month under such circumstances.

Quoting Drgmobile (Reply 11):
After screwing so many Atlantic Canadians, who make Christmas travel plans FAR in advance as fares can be expensive to Atlantic Canada (especially Newfoundland), I don't know that there would be much of a market for a resumption of CanJet scheduled services. More likely WestJet will fill some gap.

I don't think Canjet is screwing anybody, Jetsgo screwed passengers. There is a clear distinction. Canjet has indicated they will either fully refund or protect passengers with tickets beyond Sept 10th. Frankly, that's all they can really do, but you have to give it time in order to process it all.

Kudos to everybody at Canjet for their work and dedication. If Canjet was known for anything, it was for their eastern hospitality thanks to the people. I'm sure they will find gainful employment in the near future.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

yow

Wed Sep 06, 2006 3:56 am

Quoting CaptainGomes (Reply 28):
They announced the shut down as a result of bleeding finances. Can you imagine the cost of continuing for another month, especially with no more revenue coming in? You'd need tremendously deep pockets to operate for one month under such circumstances.

Greyhound Air shutdown in such a fashion. It may not have been 6 weeks notice, but it was longer than a week and they continued to sell tickets on existing flights until the shutdown. The owner of IMP has tremendously deep pockets. Without a longer operating period, the remaining CanJet employees sure won't have much to do for the next 3 months. I suppose you could make the agument that it's cheaper to pay your employees to do nothing.

drgmobile

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:00 am

I can't say I'm surprised at all, CanJet simply did not have a comparative product to offer it's customers and this is the result. You cannot charge the same fare as AC & WS and not have a similar product... it's all about value.

Having flown all three carriers, I wouldn't call CanJet an inferior product. There certainly was as much value flying CanJet as either WestJet or Air Canada, as far as I am concerned. The in-seat video makes a difference nowadays, but that project isn't complete at AC yet. And on some routes where it would be CanJet up against a Jazz turboprop or RJ, CanJet had the superior product.

I don't think Canjet is screwing anybody, Jetsgo screwed passengers. There is a clear distinction. Canjet has indicated they will either fully refund or protect passengers with tickets beyond Sept 10th. Frankly, that's all they can really do, but you have to give it time in order to process it all.

While I agree the CanJet shut-down was far more responsible than a Jetsgo scenario, a full refund doesn't fix the problem for somebody who bought tickets at price X a while back and now find themselves having to pay twice as much on another carrier (if there are even seats available). When I checked earlier today, CanJet was NOT putting its passenger on other carrier's flights meaning you have your money back but you are on your own.

I'm not sure that this is "all it could do." CanJet is backed by the IMP Group and its owner. If the carrier is able to change its business model without having to undergo a restructuring, it clearly made a decision to abruptly cancel flights instead of a phased approach. Maybe that was the right decision, but it was a disruptive one that is not likely to endear the company to any of its affected passengers.

Saying that, I'd echo the comments of an earlier posting on the friendliness of the CanJet staff -- including most of the management staff I met. This is an unfortunate road.

connector4you

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:05 am

Starting a Canadian LCC in Atlantic Canada with B735 ... hmmmm  scratchchin 
By the same token WestJet got away with it - starting as a LCC in Calagary with B732 - but charging just as much as the competition did !
JetsGo folded in its LCC dream with the 160 seater MD 80 !

While In Europe some LCC's are thriving, Canadian entrepreneurs doesn’t seem to have the expertise on how to successfully launch, maintain and expand a “true” low cost carrier.

So it seems that for now, CanJet will just follow SkyService’s safe path of wet-leasing aircraft to various tour-operators. Quick, easy money, no worries !

MYT332

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:08 am

But Canjet had the boobs! Oh god say it can't be true!

It was Canjet with the boobs, Westjet with the TV's.

At least that's what their crew told me once. Sad
One Life, Live it.

irobertson

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:17 am

What a shame. I've flown on Canjet during both of their incarnations (before and after Canada 3000) and enjoyed the service every time. I've also found them to be lower in cost most times to WestJet and Air Canada when I've hunted for fares. Air Canada could always beat them in frequency of service but not in price (until very recently). I think that Air Canada's restructuring may be playing a major role in this announcement; in AC's defence, they've really turned themselves around and have played a good hand with the purchase of all the Embraers, not to mention they've lowered their domestic prices. I'm guessing Canjet really felt that.

I'm still curious to know if a real LCC oppourtunity for the eastern provinces still might exist in some shape or form, especially for the higher frequency routes like YYZ-YHZ and YYT-YHZ.

And how will this affect the Harmony agreement? I assume it's pretty much dead?

YYZYYT

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:22 am

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 33):
What a shame. I've flown on Canjet during both of their incarnations (before and after Canada 3000) and enjoyed the service every time. I've also found them to be lower in cost most times to WestJet and Air Canada when I've hunted for fares. Air Canada could always beat them in frequency of service but not in price (until very recently). I think that Air Canada's restructuring may be playing a major role in this announcement; in AC's defence, they've really turned themselves around and have played a good hand with the purchase of all the Embraers, not to mention they've lowered their domestic prices. I'm guessing Canjet really felt that.

What I am predicting now is that AC will jack up those prices p.d.q..
You can now go YYZ-YYT on AC for a base fare of $137 if you get the cheapest Tango fare. Let's see what it is in 1 week.

C-GRYK

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:23 am

LOL at (or is it WITH) Alex!!!

Nice one mate!

Hopefully the girls will find other suitable employment positions, whatever those may be  Wink

I'd take boobs over tv's any day.

Jeremy
Think before you type!

irobertson

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:50 am

Quoting C-GRYK (Reply 35):
Think before you type!

Pardon? Your posting has me rather confused... Who's Alex and whats the boobs thing about? Think before you type!  Wink

9252fly

Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:51 am

Quoting YYZYYT (Reply 34):
What I am predicting now is that AC will jack up those prices p.d.q..
You can now go YYZ-YYT on AC for a base fare of $137 if you get the cheapest Tango fare. Let's see what it is in 1 week.

You seem to have a crystal ball? Who says WS will not tighten the inventory buckets first? The fares levels will not change,it's the availability of those fares that will be in question. Simple economics of supply and demand.

MYT332

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:03 am

Quoting Irobertson (Reply 36):
Who's Alex and whats the boobs thing about?

I'm Alex and when I was out in YYZ back in April with Jeremy and a few others we got talking to some Canjet girls in a bar. Anyway, they seemed ashamed to work for Canjet (?) so insisted while Westjet have the tv's, Canjet have the boobs and subsequently proceeded to place our hands on their tits. I can't say I was upset! 

Diane you rock! Haha.

[Edited 2006-09-05 22:06:44]
One Life, Live it.

YYZYYT

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:27 am

Quoting 9252fly (Reply 37):
You seem to have a crystal ball? Who says WS will not tighten the inventory buckets first? The fares levels will not change,it's the availability of those fares that will be in question. Simple economics of supply and demand.

I AM referring to fare levels, for example AC's best Tango fares:

If you go on either WS or AC's websites now, you can find best fares of for YYZ-YYT of $137 base fare. That is not too much much more than more than the C6 best price of $119. Will they raise those fares now that they face less competition? The line between supply and demand on the free market, and predatory pricing is a thin one.

And yes, I take your point, WS may by the frst to do it. I suppose that the real difference between AC and WS (at least in the case of C6) is that AC had the ability to swamp C6's capacity with cheap seats, whereas Ws only ever had 1-2 flights per day to YYT-YHZ.

We will see what happens.

robsawatsky

Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:44 am

Quoting Connector4you (Reply 31):
So it seems that for now, CanJet will just follow SkyService’s safe path of wet-leasing aircraft to various tour-operators. Quick, easy money, no worries !

Just to be clear, tour-operators "charter" aircraft, not "wet-lease" them. Although Skyservice can and does provide charter servcies using wet-leased aircraft from a 3rd party.

A "wet-lease" means the hiring of an aircraft with crew as a complete unit to operate under the lessee's license. The lessor holds the required aviation documents and certificates to fly the aircraft but not to sell space directly or in-directly to the public. Since tour-operators do not hold aviation licenses they can't wet-lease.

markabcan

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:41 am

I really liked Canjet, this is sad news! It was nice to have a 3rd player with an actual presence in the Canadian airline market. Surely Westjet and Air Canada will find a way to cope with the situation, they have many resources. Funny as many months ago I started a thread asking how Canjet competes, well, I guess not very well!

[Edited 2006-09-05 23:42:37]

matt
Topic Author

Wed Sep 06, 2006 6:58 am

So how many planes will keep flying now that they're becoming a charter airline? I know they have contracts with Sunquest for the winter, but what about the fall? Are they operating any charters at the moment? Early fall is not a busy time for southern charter flights...

swissy

Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:02 am

Quoting Markabcan (Reply 41):
I really liked Canjet, this is sad news! It was nice to have a 3rd player with an actual presence in the Canadian airline market.

Could not agree more I always enjoyed them flying between YHM-YOW....., I guess the 737 was just a little to big.............

Big kudos to all CanJet staff as these people made my travel always very pleasant and I wish you guys all the best!!!!

Cheers,

CRJpurser

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:02 am

Just spoke with a Flight Attendant at Canjet and apparently the majority of the cabin staff will receive their layoff notices, along with the front end crews. The funny thing is they seem very happy about it, as the majority of the staff were miserable working there (23 hour duty days for cabin crew!) The management at Canjet had it out for their crews as soon as they were unionized.
Was told they only have one charter flight (a once weekly to Nassau) on the books so far, so they will only need a bare minimum of crew and aircraft.

andrewuber

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:08 am

Do they still have the -200's? I saw this one in Chicago, I'm assuming it was a charter:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Freight-Dawg - Airside Photography

I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

connector4you

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:33 am

Quoting Robsawatsky (Reply 40):
Since tour-operators do not hold aviation licenses they can't wet-lease

That's exactly right I stand corrected . . . I meant charters to Cuba and the likes

Horus

Wed Sep 06, 2006 8:44 am

Quoting Yow (Reply 26):
Quoting Yyz717 (Reply 25):

This had only ever been a rumour up until this point.

I'd bet they ditch the 733 and keep the common 735 fleet. Tail # 506 is the oddball -500 in the fleet.

Even though nothing was signed, it was reported that the B735s would eventually be delivered to Canjet. If the airline plans to get rid of the B733s and its finanaces are in order than the Egyptian B735s may still go to Canada.

Horus
EGYPT: A 7,000 Year Old Civilisation

markabcan

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:00 am

Quoting Horus (Reply 47):
Even though nothing was signed, it was reported that the B735s would eventually be delivered to Canjet. If the airline plans to get rid of the B733s and its finanaces are in order than the Egyptian B735s may still go to Canada.

I very much doubt this considering the massive layoffs that are coming, they'll be lucky to keep a couple aircraft busy let alone 14! Canjet will be broken down to a smaller charter operation without the crews to maintain and operate a substantial fleet.

[Edited 2006-09-06 02:01:47]

captaingomes

Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:04 am

Quoting Matt (Reply 42):
So how many planes will keep flying now that they're becoming a charter airline? I know they have contracts with Sunquest for the winter, but what about the fall? Are they operating any charters at the moment? Early fall is not a busy time for southern charter flights...

They will be going down to the bare minimum to keep their AOC, so one aircraft, 8 pilots, etc etc. From there, they will surely try to build a decent charter airline I'm sure. I wish them success, although I'm not sure how good the 737-300 or 737-500 is on anything except Florida or Cuba runs.
"it's kind of like an Airbus, it's an engineering marvel, but there's no sense of passion" -- J. Clarkson re: Coxster

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos