GSM763
Topic Author

Flyglobespan Start Flights From YHM

Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:33 am

Flyglobespan have announced a new range of flights from Hamilton airport (YHM). The airport which will be marketed as 'Toronto Hamilton' by GSM gains flights to EDI, EXT, DSA, GLA, STN, BHX, MAN, LPL, BFS, SNN and DUB. Seems good news but I'm not sure if they can sell them all. All flights on 752s

see:

http://www.flyglobespan.com/CA/index.asp
http://www.flyhi.ca/index.shtml

[Edited 2006-09-08 19:45:01]

mainMAN

RE: Flyglobespan Start Flights From YHM

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:38 am

Wow, that something else.

Daily to GLA, MAN and STN and mainly weekly to everywhere else.

No doubt that Hamilton is well placed in southern Ontario, but haven't services to YHM been tried before to the UK? By Nationair Canada in the 1980s...?

ScottishLaddie

Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:45 am

Seems they are basically just picking up the usual Globespan flights that TS have done in the past and moving them in-house with a few changes, a move that has long been expected. The switch to YHM is quite a surprise though.

Humberside

Sat Sep 09, 2006 5:24 am

Theres going to be a lot of capacity to Canada from the UK Next summer. Even EXT will have two weekly flights to Canada!!!

Worth noting all the weekly destinations start from STN (e.g. STN-DSA-YHM). This also means DSA's first scheduled long haul flight
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

swissy

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:43 am

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 1):
No doubt that Hamilton is well placed in southern Ontario, but haven't services to YHM been tried before to the UK? By Nationair Canada in the 1980s...?

Yes that was back in the 80's, so 20 years ago........

Quoting ScottishLaddie (Reply 2):
The switch to YHM is quite a surprise though.

If you look at the fact that YHM is right in the middle of the golden horse shoe it makes even more sense choosing YHM over YYZ if your destination is
Southern Ontario, I think most of these routes will do fine if pricing is done right which should not be a problem since the fees at YHM are a lot cheaper then YYZ.

I am sure YYZ will call foul play as GTA always claims that the only reason for these expensive landing fees are the rent to the Government.....

Very good new fur the travelers between all these cities and Ontario

Cheers,

fly_yhm

Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:46 am

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 1):

Quoting Swissy (Reply 4):
Yes that was back in the 80's, so 20 years ago........

To go with this you also have to look at home much growth has come in 20 years not only in Hamilton but the surrounding areas. Also with Westjet and Ac jazz here it has a lot more publicity over all. I feel most of these flights can work.
Where will you spend eternity? He,s more real then you think!!!!!

cwldude

Sat Sep 09, 2006 8:12 am

I'm quite surprised as they may be taking passengers from Z4 with the amount of regional airports they're flying from! I personally can't see all of these destinations working out as there cannot possibly be that much demand for flights to Canada, especially twice-weekly to EXT??
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD

swissy

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:13 am

Quoting Cwldude (Reply 6):
I'm quite surprised as they may be taking passengers from Z4 with the amount of regional airports they're flying from! I personally can't see all of these destinations working out as there cannot possibly be that much demand for flights to Canada, especially twice-weekly to EXT??

It is all about pricing, I am sure it will work for most of the part and you guys over there get ready for some extra "thirsty" Canadians/laned immigrants.... traveling to the UK....... next year Big grin Big grin Big grin

And lets not forget they offer 3 classes,

eco- no food
eco-with food
premium-with food

Cheers,

gooner

Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:15 am

just a personal thought is it possible that now Transat have bought out Canadian Affair it is stupid for TS and TCX to compete against each other and possibly Globespan will use the 757s TCX used on the UK -Canada routes as i cant see TS using TCX when they have their own fleet

cwldude

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting Gooner (Reply 8):

just a personal thought is it possible that now Transat have bought out Canadian Affair it is stupid for TS and TCX to compete against each other and possibly Globespan will use the 757s TCX used on the UK -Canada routes as i cant see TS using TCX when they have their own fleet

I can't see TCX pulling out of any of their Canadian flights, I definately can't see them getting rid of their B753's, they've just announced new NCL-YYZ flights too, so maybe it would be better for TS to keep TCX flying the flights, as a well-known and well-respected UK Airline!
Thomson Airways - The UKs premier charter airline // now flown : BY -AA -AJ -AE -AT; OO -AX -AU -RA -BG; BRIG; OBYD

swissy

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:07 am

Quoting Gooner (Reply 8):
ust a personal thought is it possible that now Transat have bought out Canadian Affair it is stupid for TS and TCX to compete against each other and possibly Globespan will use the 757s TCX used on the UK -Canada routes as i cant see TS using TCX when they have their own fleet

Agree did not make sense ac/destination wise but it will give TS more and easier access to/from the UK, I guess we will have to wait and see what
TS will do now........

Cheers,

cwldude

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:18 am

Now what Im really not understanding is that some of these routes are going to be in direct competition with thenselves, on codeshare flights with Z4!

It doesn't all add up... very unusual move on behalf of GSM!

gooner

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:24 am

replies to posts 9 & 10 check out the Canadian Affair website a lot of flights are being flown TS and not TCX for next summer MAN -YYZ

cwldude

Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:43 pm

Quoting Gooner (Reply 12):
check out the Canadian Affair website a lot of flights are being flown TS and not TCX for next summer MAN -YYZ

Well maybe they aren't selling them through Canadian Affair anymore, but TCX wouldn't be expending into NCL if they had any plans to downscale their Canadian operations, would they?

They'll probably start their own Canadian brochure and holiday options up, as well as seat only options etc. etc. and end up competing with Canadian Affair and TS.

jetstream1975

Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:09 am

Hopefully we might see some kind of alliance between flyglobespan and Westjet at YHM for onward connections / stopovers.

[Edited 2006-09-12 19:22:43]

swissy

Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:41 am

Quoting Jetstream1975 (Reply 14):
Hopefully we might see some kind of alliance between flyglobespan and Westjet at YHM for onward connections / stopovers.

You could use WS anyhow it would be just a separate booking but I agree if a alliance would be in place thing would be a little easier.

Lets hope and see

Cheers,

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos