Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

clickhappy
Topic Author

Woman Arrested For Grabbing A FAs Butt

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:12 am

When the airplane landed at Gatwick Airport, Sussex police charged the woman with disrupting a flight and sexual assault, Bruce said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061004/...;_ylu=X3oDMTA3MjBwMWtkBHNlYwM3MTg-

Hahahahahaha

N328KF

RE: Woman Arrested For Grabbing A FAs Butt

Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:26 am

This isn't a discriminatory statement, but no straight man would ever file suit over that.
“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”
-Donny Miller

jetstream1975

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:18 am

depends what she looked like !!!  Big grin

Feroze

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:24 am

Quoting N328KF (Reply 2):
This isn't a discriminatory statement, but no straight man would ever file suit over that

I'm afraid it is just that - a discriminatory statement. Nowhere in the article was sexuality mentioned, so why did you?

N328KF

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:31 am

Quoting Feroze (Reply 4):
I'm afraid it is just that - a discriminatory statement. Nowhere in the article was sexuality mentioned, so why did you?

Not really. I was mocking the double-standard, and not people of either sexual orientation. Buzz off.
“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.”
-Donny Miller

MiCorazonAzul

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:41 am

Quoting N328KF (Reply 2):
but no straight man would ever file suit over that.

what does sexuality have to do with it? First off, NOWHERE in the article does it state the F/A's sexuality. Second, if you are ASSuming he is gay, you are just stereotyping male F/A's.....and also making an ASS of yourself. Third, if the table was turned and it was a female F/A and it was male passenger who did this, the SAME outcome would occur. So I don't see why it is shocking to see a guy press charges for sexual harassment...regardless of his sexuality. Also, this case is about more than a simple "grab of the ass". This lady got into an argument with the F/A so essentially, she did more than just touched him inappropriately. I say kudos to the F/A for not letting this one go because if it was the other way around, he would be charged for doing the same thing in a heart beat.
Live for Today.....tomorrow is NOT guaranteed.

MarkATL

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:47 am

Uh oh, self appointed political correctness/morality enforcers present on thread. Be aware and follow all instructions or be subjected to an onslaught from the self appointed liberal cause police. You have been warned.

Bluewave 707

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:45 am

That's funny! Female pax grabs male FA's butt! Was wondering when this was going to happen. Sort of like man bites dog.

rotfl 
"The best use of your life will be to so live your life, that the use of your life will outlive your life" -- D Severn

ltbewr

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:59 am

I am quite sure this isn't the first time this has happened, but in the post-9/11 era, it sure is stupid and wrong at any time. I would be willing to bet this woman was intoxicated and/or was with a 'hen party' group.

louA340

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:00 pm

Quoting MiCorazonAzul (Reply 6):
First off, NOWHERE in the article does it state the F/A's sexuality

Quote:

WASHINGTON - A woman was charged Wednesday with sexual assault after an altercation with a flight attendant on an airplane flying from Charlotte, N.C., to London, an official said.

Conan Bruce, a spokesman for the Federal Air Marshal Service in Washington, said the woman got into an argument with a male flight attendant aboard US Airways Flight 1494.

"During the altercation, she grabbed his buttocks," Bruce said, adding that he based that information on police reports.

When the airplane landed at Gatwick Airport, Sussex police charged the woman with disrupting a flight and sexual assault, Bruce said.

Um...yes it does.

pwm2txlhopper

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:10 pm

I don't know if this is a case of sexual assault, I'd have to see a picture of the perpetrator.... So was she ugly?

pwm2txlhopper

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:11 pm

Uh, because it's the truth about 8 out of 10 times? Majority rule! Discrimination is part of life.

[Edited 2006-10-05 06:13:16]

[Edited 2006-10-05 06:13:46]

[Edited 2006-10-05 06:15:37]

EWRCabincrew

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:13 pm

Quoting LouA340 (Reply 10):
Um...yes it does.

No, it doesn't.

It says what the F/A's sex is...male. Not the sexuality. Huge difference.

You shouldn't assume someone's sexuality based on job title and sex, no matter how the biased the outcome.

Wait for the facts and see where it leads.
You can't cure stupid

atrude777

Thu Oct 05, 2006 1:37 pm

Well, if it was me and a girl grabbed my ass, I would be very uncomfortable and tell her to stop i don't care how hot she is.

You just don't touch any part of me especially if I am on the job.

I would have done the same thing.

Alex
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

TinkerBelle

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:28 pm

C'mon guys, let's be honest here.... I wouldn't mind if a chick grabbed my ass and I sure as hell would'nt sue her for it. I know it depends on the circumstances but gimme a break...but then again, I'm straight.
If you are going through hell, keep going.

OOer

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:54 pm

Quoting TinkerBelle (Reply 15):
C'mon guys, let's be honest here.... I wouldn't mind if a chick grabbed my ass and I sure as hell would'nt sue her for it.

Well spoken my brother!

I would take that opportunity to try and join the mile high club!!!!!

Oh, also...unless she was really annoying and kept doing it over and over...then the F/A is gay! No straight man in his right mind would sue over getting his ass grabbed....

I get my ass grabbed several times every time I go out...do I complain? No.

Its human nature!

HBJZA

Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:59 pm

C'mon guys, let's be honest here.... I wouldn't mind if a chick grabbed my ass and I sure as hell would'nt sue her for it. I know it depends on the circumstances but gimme a break...but then again, I'm straight.

I agree 100% with you on this if it happens in a bar or in whatever public place it'd be between two human beings. But in this case it was following a verbal altercation between a passenger and an airline representative which makes the situation very different.

kevi747

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:41 pm

And your screename is "tinkerbelle"? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  sarcastic 

Quoting OOer (Reply 16):
C'mon guys, let's be honest here.... I wouldn't mind if a chick grabbed my ass and I sure as hell would'nt sue her for it.

Well spoken my brother!

You guys are pathetic. OK, the F/A was probably gay. I'll give you that. (I'm a gay F/A.) But why on earth would you assume that the lady in question was anything other than a tired old drunken troll? You are (foolishly) assuming that every story involving an airplane contains a hot young girl. (That kind of thinking runs rampant here.)

Quoting OOer (Reply 16):
I get my ass grabbed several times every time I go out...

Yeah right. I'm sure that happens.  sarcastic 
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

747400F

Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:54 pm

Sussex police charged the woman with disrupting a flight

Grabbing an ass = disrupting a flight???? Yes, it is uncalled for, yes, it is inappropriate, yes, it could be percieved as sexual harrasment, but disrupting a flight? Noway, Maybe if she made her way to the cockpit and fondled the (male) pilots butt, but other wise no.
All humans have the right to marry the one they love

777ER
Head Moderator

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:01 pm

No it doesn't. It doesn't say if the FA was gay or not. Thats what the post was meaning

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 14):

Well touching your hand accidently when receiving a meal or drink is involved while on the job. I'm sure people have touched you while passing you but by accident
Head Forum Moderator
[email protected]
Flown: 1900D,S340,Q300,AT72-5/6,DC3,CR2/7,E145,E70/75/90,A319/20/21,A332/3,A359,A380,F100,B717,B733/4/8/9,B742/4,B752/3,B763,B772/3, B789
With: NZ,SJ,QF,JQ,EK,VA,AA,UA,DL,FL,AC,FJ,SQ,TG,PR

747400F

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:14 pm

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 14):

I'll make you a deal: I won't touch you. and you wont bump the cart into me, or push me aside (by which I touch you) if you want to jump the toilet line!  Angry

richardlu

Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:54 pm

Maybe all of you would want to read the article more carefully... The woman was arrested and charged with sexual assault by the police, and I believe that the F/A did not sue her.

By the way what she did was a crime. So it was a given for her to be arrested and charged. Even if the F/A did not complain I am very sure someone else on the flight who witnessed the incident would have.

I think it isn't really right to jump to conclusions about people's sexuality here... sensitive topic.  

[Edited 2006-10-05 11:57:35]

Elite

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:26 pm

Any reason why she'd do that? Also, it'd be a lot more serious if the F/A was a female and the 'grabber' was a male.

chiad

Thu Oct 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Why does this never happen to me?
I have always dreamed of being sexually harassed!

atrude777

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:11 pm

Quoting 777ER (Reply 19):

Well touching your hand accidently when receiving a meal or drink is involved while on the job. I'm sure people have touched you while passing you but by accident

I am not a F/A  Wink

That is fine if it was an accident but she did it by intent on the aircraft.

Quoting 747400F (Reply 20):

I'll make you a deal: I won't touch you. and you wont bump the cart into me, or push me aside (by which I touch you) if you want to jump the toilet line!

Again...not a F/A.

Quoting TinkerBelle (Reply 14):
I know it depends on the circumstances but gimme a break...but then again, I'm straight.

So am I, I still don't give a crap. If I am not sexually involved with a woman I get really uncomfortable if a woman or a guy touches me with intent and I don't like it. Why is a guy automatically gay if he refuses to be touched by a girl in that manner?

Quoting Elite (Reply 22):
Any reason why she'd do that? Also, it'd be a lot more serious if the F/A was a female and the 'grabber' was a male.

Very Correct.
Good things come to those who wait, better things come to those who go AFTER it!

747400F

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:25 pm

Quoting Elite (Reply 22):
it'd be a lot more serious if the F/A was a female and the 'grabber' was a male.

WHY?

travatl

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:31 pm

Any F/A, male or female, gay or straight will tell you we get tired of being poked at, patted, knocked on (like we're a front door?), and GRABBED. I had a woman one time who got a handful of my blazer, and literally reeled me in like I was her prized trout.

Nine times out of ten, they're just trying to get our attention, and their manners go out the window. In this instance however, the article alludes to an altercation between the crewmember and the passenger. The passenger then CHOSE to become physical with the flight attendant, obviously as he was walking away. As this followed the altercation, the passenger was likely attempting to demean him. I have a feeling this was less the "flirtatious" tap or pinch, or even a sexual gesture, but more likely a physical action made in anger.
1 Interview. 24 years. 3 Airlines.

sk909

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:33 pm

Quoting Bluewave 707 (Reply 7):
That's funny! Female pax grabs male FA's butt! Was wondering when this was going to happen. Sort of like man bites dog.

That is just so funny... Big grin

Quoting 747400F (Reply 18):
Maybe if she made her way to the cockpit and fondled the (male) pilots butt, but other wise no.

Well that wouldn't be disrupting a flight. That would be pleasure...

Seriously guys, and girls, if a woman grabs a guys ass, and he of course is straight, it is not something you sue her for. You enjoy it will it lasts... And hope she will do it again.
Life's for Living!

Dtw757

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:38 pm

From the article

Conan Bruce, a spokesman for the Federal Air Marshal Service in Washington, said the woman got into an argument with a male flight attendant aboard US Airways Flight 1494.

"During the altercation, she grabbed his buttocks," Bruce said, adding that he based that information on police reports

The woman was already in an altercation with the flight attendant when the act occurred

The more important thing here is that she was arguing with the flight attendant before she grabbed him. She was charged with disrupting the flight. The sexual assault is something that occurred as a result of the altercation. It was not merely a case of the flight attendant walking down the aisle and a woman grabbing his behind.
721,2,732,3,4,5,G,8,9,741,2,3,4,752,3,762,3,4,772,3,788,D93,5,M80,D10,M11,L10,100,AB6,319,20,21,332,3,346,388,146,CR2,7,

Elite

Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:59 pm

Quoting 747400F (Reply 25):
WHY?

That's just the way it is, when you get arrested a male sexually assaulting a female is more serious than a female sexually assaulting a male (in most cases).

MCOflyer

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:06 pm

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 24):
Why is a guy automatically gay if he refuses to be touched by a girl in that manner?

Thats what i'm wondering too. I know a couple of Charlotte based F/A's. Can anyone tell me who it is in a PM?

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

atrude777

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Quoting SK909 (Reply 27):

Seriously guys, and girls, if a woman grabs a guys ass, and he of course is straight, it is not something you sue her for. You enjoy it will it lasts... And hope she will do it again.

Wanna bet?

If a girl is harrassing me and grabbing my ass or any part of my body and I am at work or busy with something. I am not going to be able to enjoy it, because it isnt being done in a more private place, doing that in public is NOT something I like. It humiliates me and demeans me in a way i don't like.

if she persist, you can bet I will call it up as sexual harrasment if she doesn't stop.

If that makes me gay then so be it.

Not EVERY guy, straight or gay likes to be harrassed like that especially in a public manner.

Alex

MDorBust

Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:13 pm

Quoting Clickhappy (Thread starter):
, Sussex police charged the woman with disrupting a flight and sexual assault, Bruce said.

Whoa!?

Sexual Assault?

What's England's law on sexual assault? Here that would only be regular assault. The difference between a felony and a misdemeanor, and registering as a sexual offender.
"I KICKED BURNING TERRORIST SO HARD IN BALLS THAT I TORE A TENDON" - Alex McIlveen

IFEMaster

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:05 am

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 13):

Shit, I guess I got away with a lucky escape when I had that...encounter, shall we say...with the young and rather beautiful VS F/A back in October '01. If grabbing ass is considered assault, then she probably had a case against me for outright GBH.

This is PC gone mad. It was an ass grab. BFD. Any male who complains at that is either a prude, or has piles.
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

Tarheel

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:40 am

but then again, I'm straight.

Sure you are TinkerBelle! With a moniker like that, how could we doubt you?

falstaff

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:50 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 15):

Why do they call it the mile high club? Usually you are several miles high? If one was to have sex at a high altitude airport like DEN, ASE, or ABQ would that count?

I don't care what the sexuality of the FA is. If it was a man who grabbed a female FA's butt you still might have got an assault charge. Different people have different thoughts on the subject. There may be some FA's out there that would love to get a butt squeezin' but I am sure most of them would not like that kind of thing from a stranger.

Generally there seem to be a double standard for men. Men are usually seen as the sexual harassers, but women can cross that line too, as seen with this case.

I see women all the time that I want to squeeze their butts, but I can control myself. This woman should have shown some restraint. An aircraft isn't a night club.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

express1

Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:58 am

Makes a change, as its always us men who get charged for this sort of thing, still its nice to know that women suffer with the wondering hands not just us men!!!
David.S cavanagh since 1961,if you can do better,then show me.

Junior747

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:54 am

Quoting Express1 (Reply 36):
Makes a change, as its always us men who get charged for this sort of thing, still its nice to know that women suffer with the wondering hands not just us men!!!

Well said dude! Big grin I agree. As for whether the F/A was gay or not...don't know...don't care. I wouldn't mind some babe touchin' my butt! But then again, the way I interpreted the article is that she touched it during their argument...which sort of makes the whole situation look a lot different.

Junior.
Pilot of 'Lady Guinness' - 9H-UMR

iadguy73

Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:55 am

Quoting SK909 (Reply 27):

Right...and in your minds she looks like a Playboy centerfold. I hope one day you'll get groped by a woman in her mid 50s who is 5'4, weighs 280lbs and sports a nice mustache...even better... by a guy who looks the same. Wait, are you saying not all assgrabs are created equal?  laughing 

richierich

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:01 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 15):
Well spoken my brother!

Please grow up.
I know there is a double-standard between men and women (and male flight attendants and female flight attendants) but if somebody takes offense to inappropriate touching, it is wrong no matter the gender or sexual orientation of either party.

To OOer and the other hormone-infused teenagers on this site, the flight attendant has the discretion to make a case out of this or not. If he (or she) felt that this was unwelcomed, unwanted, or put the flight attendant into a compromising position, then he/she was right to call the authorities. If it was something that a "Please don't do that again!" could have resolved, then maybe that was another option. We don't know because we were not there.
None shall pass!!!!

Lostmoon744

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:14 am

Not sure if the butt-grabber in question was heinous or anything, but if a hot chick grabbed me derrière and perhaps said something flirty, I'd flirt back.  

But I can understand if the F/A (gay or straight) was offended, but as far as going to the authorities, perhaps a bit exorbitant. HOWEVER...

If it was a man who grabbed a female F/A's cheeks, then, I am almost certain it would go down the way it is now. Equality at its best.

[Edited 2006-10-05 19:16:27]

smokescreen

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:31 am

The lack of maturity on this thread is just appalling. What's worse, a lot of the asinine comments are coming from people who are really old enough to know better.

For those of you boys fantasizing about getting your rear grabbed by a woman, this was NOT flirting - it is clearly stated that this was done in the context of an argument, and was done with the same intent as, say, a shove in the chest.

And those of you insinuating that any man who doesn't enjoy getting his rear grabbed, whatever the context, is some kind of "fruit", consider that there are some of us who are married or otherwise in committed relationships who would rather not get felt up by strangers...

speedbird203

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:39 am

Never heard anything something so ridiculous on my life. Someone can't take a little joke. Although i CAN see the un professioanl side to it.
Metro Tower 135.0

Lostmoon744

Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting Smokescreen (Reply 41):
For those of you boys fantasizing about getting your rear grabbed by a woman, this was NOT flirting - it is clearly stated that this was done in the context of an argument, and was done with the same intent as, say, a shove in the chest.

True. If the woman grabbed me there in the context of an argument, I see your point. It would just get me more angry and would probablly do the same thing the ole chap did.

BUT, if it was an unsolicited grab, then, I am ok with that, personally. As long as she doesn't look like Sarah Jessica Parker, I am cool with it.  Smile Like I said originally, if it's done in a flirty way, squeeze away.  Smile

jetdeltamsy

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:06 am

Quoting N328KF (Reply 1):
This isn't a discriminatory statement, but no straight man would ever file suit over that.

It's a pathetic statement.

I am a straight man and you can bet your bottom dollar if someone grabbed my ass, I'd seek to have her arrested as well.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

trojanAE

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:21 am

Quoting MarkATL (Reply 6):
Uh oh, self appointed political correctness/morality enforcers present on thread. Be aware and follow all instructions or be subjected to an onslaught from the self appointed liberal cause police. You have been warned.

God what I would do to rid the world of all political correctness.

That said, this whole situation seems absurd. I don't believe she grabbed his ass in a loving, flirty fashion. They were in an argument before she performed this action, I believe. Maybe she hit his ass or tried to pinch it or something. Regardless, it's absurd. I definitely wouldn't sue but neither would I protest if she got in trouble after I had gotten into an argument with her. On the other hand, if I was an FA and even if it was some pretty girl touching my behind, I would either politely ask her to stop or somehow avoid her location, because that happening while on the job is a little innapropriate. Now if I was a passenger and I got my ass grabbed, well, that's a different story.  Wink  biggrin   bigthumbsup   sly 
"My soul is in the sky." -William Shakespeare

HighFlyer1986

Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:47 am

Im a Plumber and i deal with thousands of customer an year... i get grab, poked, bumped, grind, touch, feel, you name it.. i have been through it.. its nature... it can be either purpose or accident.. i am sure the woman was doing it for seer fun of it

richierich

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:03 am

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 44):
I am a straight man and you can bet your bottom dollar if someone grabbed my ass, I'd seek to have her arrested as well.

I couldn't agree more.
Frankly, I don't see what being straight has to do with the ass-grabbing. Did the passenger ask the FA's orientation first? I doubt it.

It was inappropriate and definitely crossed the line.
None shall pass!!!!

atrude777

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:10 am

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 44):

Quoting Smokescreen (Reply 41):

Quoting Richierich (Reply 39):

Thank you guys, glad I am not the only one here.

Quoting IFEMaster (Reply 33):
Any male who complains at that is either a prude, or has piles.

So IFEMaster, am I and the other 3 I quoted STILL Prudes?

Alex

IFEMaster

Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:13 am

Quoting Atrude777 (Reply 48):
So IFEMaster, am I and the other 3 I quoted STILL Prudes?

Do any of you have piles?
Delivering Anecdotes of Dubious Relevance Since 1978

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos