A300605R
Topic Author

HF: Flying From EDRZ Instead Of SCN

Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:30 pm

HF will shift its flights from SCN to EDRZ (Zweibrucken) in march 2007.

Flights to PMI, RHO, HER and AYT will start with the beginning of the summer timetable, flights to FUE, TFS and LPA will follow in mai.

Friedrich Keppler, member of the Hapafly-management said, this is due to the larger catchment area and the development potential of the region. In addition, the infrastructural basic conditions meet fully the requirements of the airline.

http://www.flughafen-zweibruecken.de/news.shtml#n17

By contrast, 4R (Hamburg International) will enlarge its engagement in SCN. 4R now can be booked directly without any tour operator.

http://www.flughafen-saarbruecken.de/presse.php?lang=de&r=13&a=0&id=99

On the one hand, it's nice to see HF or X3 at Zweibrucken, on the other hand I wonder if it's necessary to have two airports in a distance of 11 nm...

scratchchin 
300 319 320 321 332 733 734 735 738 753 763 F27 M83

Humberside

RE: HF: Flying From Edrz Instead Of SCN

Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:53 am

First Germanwings, and now HapagFly - Zweibrucken is doing well

Bad news for SCN, though at least Hamburg International will provide a partial replacement
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

johnnybgoode

Tue Oct 10, 2006 5:26 am

this is going to hurt a lot! i think HF is one of the major user at SCN during the summer, so that will impact the airport a lot. what a pity, ever since the new terminal, the airport is quite convenient. however, it is badly located, as would be any airport in the area.

I have my doubts that ZQW is that much better, apart from the longer runway.
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

A300605R
Topic Author

Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:18 pm

Quoting Johnnybgoode (Reply 2):
I have my doubts that ZQW is that much better, apart from the longer runway.

As I do.

I read in a local newspaper (Die Rheinpfalz (Südwest), 2006.10.04) that the terminal building in ZQW will be enlarged to separate departing and arriving pax. The additional building will be up to 1.5 million Euro, according to the article.

What I can't understand is that Rhineland-Palatinate is going to invest the money although there is the established airport of SCN in the neighborhood.

Quoting Humberside (Reply 1):
Bad news for SCN, though at least Hamburg International will provide a partial replacement

checkmark 

According to Manfred Stephan (Marketing and PR at SCN), 4R-flights will be used by Thomas Cook/Neckermann and others. As far as I know, the majority of the HF-flights at SCN are mixed at the moment (i.e. TUI, Thomas Cook and others together). Hopefully HF/X3/TUI will be able to fill the planes in ZQW. Maybe TUI is going to change from B738 to B737?!
300 319 320 321 332 733 734 735 738 753 763 F27 M83

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos