Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

laxatljfkcvg

RE: DL To Announce JFK-PSA/OTP; ATL-ICN/DXB/VIE/PRG

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:50 pm

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 3):
Does Delta not share Atlantic revenue 50/50 with Air France as do United-Lufthansa and Northwest-KLM?

Now that is just plain stupid becuse you almost see an air france where ever delta gose atl,jfk,lax,cvg,iah,and may not slc.

IADLHR

RE: DL To Announce JFK-PSA/OTP; ATL-ICN/DXB/VIE/PR

Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:52 pm

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 34):
DL does not operate CVG-VCE but operates both ATL-VCE and JFK-VCE. I believe PSA's performance will far exceed DL's expectations

I know a number of italian americans, myself included, that have family in that part of Italy and who would go to Italy more often if there was a nonstop flight. Prior to VCE there was the choice of a connection or MXP and a train ride to get there. It all took time and was a hassel.

Speaking for myself, some of my family lives only a few miles from PSA. This announcement is fantastic news. I am seriously thinking of going over on the first flight. if not, however, I will be taking thie JFK-PSA flight within days of its inaugural.

worldtraveler

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:06 pm

ICN helps to validate ATL’s ability to support multiple Asian destinations which will help DL’s case for a route to China.

DL does not code on any NW transpac flights from NW hubs; DL does code on NW from the west coast. No one has their code on DL’s ATLNRT flight.

Keep in mind that 2008 could see another large round of expansion solely based on the arrival of the 757s for TATL use (they arrive next year but won’t be ready to “cross the pond” for several months as DL develops an ETOPS program. These 757s will help backfill the capacity DL will remove from the domestic system until the 757s are deployed, replaced by….

Note also that DL also says it still has the ability to transfer additional 764s to international service. We’ll be seeing this kind of expansion from DL for several more years.

Schedules for the JFKSNN service aren’t loaded but I’m guessing it will be done with a domestic aircraft.

Utilization for DL’s 777 fleet will average 17 hours per day so even with the day or week no-ops on ICN and DXB, the DL 777 fleet will be working very hard… but it is a very reliable plane and is built to fly long and hard.

Note also that DL points out that it increased unit revenues and maintained very strong load factors this summer despite its aggressive expansion.
With the 2nd daily JFKLGW flight, DL flights 5 and 6 are the only 2 single digit flight numbers left to assign. These additions help fill up an aweful lot of flight numbers less than 150, where DL currently assigns international widebody flights.

[Edited 2006-10-12 15:10:31]

panamair

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:21 pm

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 52):
With the 2nd daily JFKLGW flight, DL flights 5 and 6 are the only 2 single digit flight numbers left to assign. These additions help fill up an aweful lot of flight numbers less than 150, where DL currently assigns international widebody flights.

Actually, they have gone above 150 already this past summer:
150 JFK-VCE
152 ATL-TLV
154 JFK-MAN
156 ATL-SNN (not coming back)
158 ATL-DUB
160 JFK-FCO (2nd flight)
162 ATL-VCE
164 JFK-ATH (2x weekly this past Aug/Sep; probably not coming back)

Schedules for the JFKSNN service aren’t loaded but I’m guessing it will be done with a domestic aircraft.

Technically, DL is already flying a nonstop JFK-SNN now; the JFK-Ireland flight currently goes JFK-DUB-SNN-JFK and JFK-SNN-DUB-JFK on alternate days  Smile

gokmengs

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:29 pm

Quoting Panamair (Reply 40):
KE is not going anywhere..since DL's ICN service is less than daily (4x weekly), KE still needs to be there. The DL service will just be supplemental...

Thanks for clearing that up panamair, in another thread I remember Alitalia744(talk about pointing fingers  Smile mentioning something like that, and it made a lot of sense at that time, however realising that the DL flight is not daily, KE moving out of ATL would be nonsense.

Quoting Panamair (Reply 43):
JFK-exclusive TATL destinations are: NCE, TXL, PSA, IST, BUD, OTP, KBP, and BOM.

Any chance of DL trying ATL-IST seasonal, I heard it many times never happened though.
Anybody here believes that some of these routes would work better if they were daily? I feel that way about ATL-ICN
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

lucianflyboy

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Something's wrong with this picture.....

Sabre shows the ATL-ICN flight as 59hrs 1 min. Where does it stop?? Mars?? LOL!!!

Must be an error.

rotfl 

22JUN FLT SEGMENT DPTR ARVL MEALS EQP ELPD MILES SM
3 DL 91 ATL ICN 1140A 325P 777 59.01 7135 N

fewsolarge

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 pm

Quoting Laxatljfkcvg (Reply 50):
Now that is just plain stupid becuse you almost see an air france where ever delta gose atl,jfk,lax,cvg,iah,and may not slc.

Sorry ... ironically, I couldn't decipher what you were calling plain stupid.

worldtraveler

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:05 pm

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 54):
Anybody here believes that some of these routes would work better if they were daily? I feel that way about ATL-ICN

I'm sure many of these routes will be daily eventually but ATLICN is codeshared with KE so DL is supplementing service in the market already.

Many of the European routes are to smaller cities, most of which have little or no TATL service now. Moving slowly and building is prudent. The 2nd JFKLGW and ATLGRU are both daily service.

AF022

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:40 pm

Sorry, but I still don't get the logic of DXB. Is there really that much O&D traffic between DXB and the US?

The only reason I can see this as working is to keep EK from further expansion.

QFSYD744

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:47 pm

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 57):
I'm sure many of these routes will be daily eventually but ATLICN is codeshared with KE so DL is supplementing service in the market already

Perhaps KE will up the anty with a ATL-KIX-ICN routing..
I Still Call Australia Home

MaverickM11

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:51 pm

Quoting AF022 (Reply 58):
Sorry, but I still don't get the logic of DXB. Is there really that much O&D traffic between DXB and the US?

Nope...if EK did it at least they could rely on the connections to South Asia.
I don't take responsibility at all

DAL767400ER

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:58 am

With the 2nd daily JFKLGW flight, DL flights 5 and 6 are the only 2 single digit flight numbers left to assign.

$25 says those will be used for the planned 3rd daily JFK-LGW rotation.

MAH4546

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:13 am

Quoting DL Widget Head (Reply 44):
Quoting Panamair (Reply 43):
JFK-exclusive TATL destinations are: NCE, TXL, PSA, IST, BUD, OTP, KBP, and BOM.

ATL has seasonal service to NCE.

ATL-NCE performed horrendously (and was pretty much the only new route to perform really bad). It isn't returning.
a.

kiwelumo

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:20 am

There has been speculation for a few weeks now that DL will announce a ATL - JFK - LOS (LAGOS) or ACC (Accra) service before the end of 2006. Does anyone have new info on this?  pray 

DAYflyer

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:21 am

Link: http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...366%7D&siteid=myyahoo&dist=myyahoo

Delta Air Lines Inc. said Thursday it plans to operate five new international routes in 2007 from its Atlanta hub and expand service on four trans-Atlantic routes from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport.
Delta will move seven 767-400 aircraft to its international fleet by next summer, meaning all its long-haul flights between Europe and South America will use 767s while its Asian routes will use the larger, 268-passenger 777-200.
Delta said it could move more planes from domestic to international routes and is planning to add 10 long-range Boeing Co. (757-200 aircraft to its fleet as early as next year to fly its trans-Atlantic and Hawaiian routes.
One Nation Under God

PVD757

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:28 am

without ready all 60+ posts, I also noticed that the 2nd JFK-LGW flights begins 4/1/07 (sorry if already mentioned).

DAL767400ER

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:35 am

Quoting Kiwelumo (Reply 63):
There has been speculation for a few weeks now that DL will announce a ATL - JFK - LOS (LAGOS) or ACC (Accra) service before the end of 2006. Does anyone have new info on this?

Not heard of LOS, which I also doubt after the whole CO/VS/VK USvsNI bullsh!t of the last years, however 5x weekly JFK-ACC service on 763s will start this year already, December 11th to be precise  Smile .

Carfield

Fri Oct 13, 2006 1:37 am

So if I get the press release right, all the new European flights will be operated by either Boeing 767-300ER or Boeing 767-400ER with new BizElite and PTV in Y configuration, while the new Asian flights will of course be serviced by the Boeing 777-200s.

So when will the Boeing 757-200 come online for International flights? Does DL plan to do a CO/NW type of international configuration? I assume BizElite is a must on these long haul 757 flights.

Carfield

B747FAN

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:14 am

I'm looking to travel to OTP or ATH during spring break, Does anyone know when DL service to those cities is scheduled to begin?
) He turns not back who is bound to a star. - Leonardo Da Vinci.

freedom747

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:17 am

Delta keeps blowing my mind !!!!!
Keep going!!!

dalb777

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:18 am

Quoting B747FAN (Reply 68):
I'm looking to travel to OTP or ATH during spring break, Does anyone know when DL service to those cities is scheduled to begin?

From http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10411

Quote:
Delta’s new and expanded nonstop routes from the world’s largest hub at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport will begin as follows:

* Atlanta-Prague, Czech Republic (effective May 2, 2007)*;
* Atlanta-Vienna, Austria (effective May 21, 2007)*;
* Atlanta-Dubai, United Arab Emirates (effective May 31, 2007)*;
* Atlanta-Seoul-Incheon, South Korea (effective June 4, 2007)*; and
* Atlanta-Sao Paulo, Brazil (expanded to twice daily, effective June 15-Aug. 15, 2007)*;

Additionally, Delta will build on its leadership position at New York’s John F. Kennedy International Airport with expanded service to four global cities:

* New York-JFK-London-Gatwick, England (expanded to twice daily, effective April 1, 2007);
* New York-JFK-Pisa/Florence, Italy (effective May 31, 2007)*;
* New York-JFK-Shannon, Ireland (nonstop service replacing existing one-stop flights via Dublin, effective June 2, 2007)*; and
* New York-JFK-Bucharest, Romania (effective June 5, 2007)*.
Geaux Tigers! Geaux Hornets! Geaux Saints! WHO DAT!!!

LipeGIG

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:24 am

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 45):
Actually, as some of our resident Brazilian members have pointed out in other threads, it could happen, as ANAC after the collapse of RG is more willing to allow US carriers temporary additional frequencies (that can become permant temporaries, so to say), which is how DL can add another ATL-GRU flight and AA add another MIA-GRU flight, despite the fact that both of them were already using all of their assigned slots as is.

Right, and probably DL will receive the approval to run a year-round ATL-SSA flight very soon. ANAC CEO says that probably DL will receive such right.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

congaboy

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:32 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 60):
Quoting AF022 (Reply 58):

Nope...if EK did it at least they could rely on the connections to South Asia.

I think this is a really good move. Yes, I think pre-empting further EK expansion to US destinations was a part of this, but I also think there is alot more demand for DXB from the States than you realize. Two main markets will drive DXB as a destination for US citizens...1/ DXB is a regional hub for business, and therefore many Fortune 500 companies have offices there, and 2/ more and more Americans are finding out about this place as a tourist destination...it is not Hawaii, not Europe, not Florida, but something different and exotic.

Further, think about two other drivers...SkyMiles and ATL as the busiest airport in THE WORLD. If I were traveling from TYS to DXB, I think I would prefer connecting once in ATL rather than JFK and possibly another European hub. Lastly, everyone can't afford EK, and I am sure DL will be aggressive...and how many Americans will choose EK over DL? Only the well traveled Americans know about EK and their stellar reputation.

Sorry, I think this sets up well....
"Joey, you like movies about gladiators?"

airbazar

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:33 am

No one has said it so it's likely not a problem but... isn't DXB-ATL in the Summer a streach for the 772ER?

B747FAN

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:36 am

Thank you Dalb777. There go my plans. Will have to find an alternate carrier, or postpone my trip for the summer. Just hope these new route are profitable for DL and they can make their way out of Bankruptcy.
) He turns not back who is bound to a star. - Leonardo Da Vinci.

MaverickM11

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:41 am

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 73):
No one has said it so it's likely not a problem but... isn't DXB-ATL in the Summer a streach for the 772ER?

DXB-EWR was a stretch for MH, and DL has the same engines, so I would imagine it would be even more difficult for DL to fly a full load.

steph001

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:45 am

Quoting Connector4you (Reply 39):
Nice to see Delta in Bucharest.

bigthumbsup 

Quoting Connector4you (Reply 39):
Considering its existing North American network, JFK-OTP will be a money making route for them.

Hope so Smile I would be glad to see any carrier offering direct connections between OTP and the United States. Hope DL is here to stay and even become daily. I must say I'm not that optimistic on the possibilities on making money on OTP-JFK, but I wish DL all the best and welcome back to OTP.  champagne 

jumbojet

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:45 am

why is it that DL is the only US carrier to start so many new European routes? You really dont hear of AA, CO, NW, UA and US starting service to new and exciting cities in Europe. Is it due to lack of aircraft or is it something else? Surely, DL isn't the only airline to possess knowledge of potentially profitable new routes.

steph001

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:47 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 77):
Is it due to lack of aircraft or is it something else? Surely, DL isn't the only airline to possess knowledge of potentially profitable new routes.

Maybe it's due to their hub in JFK that makes operating routes to Europe easier?

bucky707

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:49 am

why is it that DL is the only US carrier to start so many new European routes? You really dont hear of AA, CO, NW, UA and US starting service to new and exciting cities in Europe. Is it due to lack of aircraft or is it something else

I think lack of aircraft. Delta was in a unique position of having a large number of wide bodies flying domestic routes which could be shifted over the international flying. Other major U.S. airlines would have to buy new aircraft.

DAL767400ER

Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:56 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 71):
Right, and probably DL will receive the approval to run a year-round ATL-SSA flight very soon

So not just a temporary slot a temporary slot allocation for a few months? Sweeeeet.

You really dont hear of AA, CO, NW, UA and US starting service to new and exciting cities in Europe. Is it due to lack of aircraft or is it something else?

AA is very cautious, as far as expanding goes, and prefers to grow to South/Latin America, CO is very active as well, NW is just getting started, UA is focusing on Asia, and US simply doesn't have the planes.

airbazar

Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:02 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 75):
DXB-EWR was a stretch for MH, and DL has the same engines, so I would imagine it would be even more difficult for DL to fly a full load.

I suspect that's where the newly ordered 772LR will end up. Until then they'll take a hit on cargo or have a fueling stop somewhere.

flyinTLow

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:24 am

Mmh..... I'm wondering what EK will do now that DL is touching their hometurf. You know how aggressive EK is within their market, I am sure we will see a really interesting battle start up now and cheap flights from DXB to JFK and vice versa!

Cheers,

Thilo
- When dreams take flight, follow them -

FoxBravo

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:31 am

Quoting FlyinTLow (Reply 82):
I'm wondering what EK will do now that DL is touching their hometurf.

How about a codeshare?  Big grin
Common sense is not so common. -Voltaire

worldtraveler

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:46 am

DXBATL flying time is less than BOMJFK by an hour and a half. Even though temps in DXB can be hot well into the night, BOM isn’t exactly a “cool”city so performance restrictions are probably just as possible from BOM as DXB.

Given that DL is pursuing a China route, the question of where the 1st LRs end up will probably be answered by which Chinese city DL serves and how much cargo they expect out of China, BOM, and DXB. The ER can fly any of these routes without passenger restrictions. ATL has the advantage of being inland so you can plan the fuel loads to be a little on the “riskier” side knowing you can stop for fuel somewhere along the way if winds are too strong. Westbound to Asia means you fly over Japan which has plenty of “filling stations.” BOMJFK is a little harder since it is the longest flight DL will be operating and there aren’t a whole lot of places to stop.

The advantage for these flights from the Middle East and India is that they arrive early in the morning when delays are much less likely and straight in approaches are pretty certain. It also means that if you expect to divert, you’ll need operations people and fuelers on standby at every possible diversion point – which could be the middle of the night in Bangor, Boston, or St. Johns.

As has been pointed out several times, DL increased the MTOW on its 777ERs by 8K lbs just a few weeks ago which added about 30 minutes of flying time to the airplanes.

The first LRs will obviously go to backfill one of these routes or open the new China route (which DL stands a good chance of winning), although DL could choose to rotate the 2 LRs between 2 routes so that there is cargo capability every other or third day. While rumors have persisted about the LR being used to fly to S. Africa, DL will have to acquire more 777s if they want to fly to S. Africa w/ the LR and grow to China.

The ER will do fine on these routes but won’t have a lot of wiggle room. We’ll know in about 2 months if the ER can make BOMJFK consistently without fuel stops. I expect if BOMJFK can happen, any of the other routes on the near-term drawing board should be do-able.

Robbie86

Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:34 am

Anyone knows if DL plans on opening any route to ARN?  Smile

OA412

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:03 am

Quoting B747FAN (Reply 68):

Quoting B747FAN (Reply 74):
Thank you Dalb777. There go my plans. Will have to find an alternate carrier, or postpone my trip for the summer. Just hope these new route are profitable for DL and they can make their way out of Bankruptcy.

No need to postpone your plans as far as ATH is concerned. While OTP will not begin until after this year's spring break, DL has been flying continuously to ATH for the last 15 years. DL offers year round JFK-ATH service and seasonal ATL-ATH service. Both operate daily in summer with JFK being reduced to about 4 times/week in the low season.

While I am biased ( Big grin ), I do recommend that you consider Greece. The country is beatiful and there are a ton of things to do. Futhermore, spring is an especially nice time to visit as temps have not yet reached the highs of summer and the countryside is awash with wild flowers. Anyway, hope this helps and happy travels!
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

panamair

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:19 am

Quoting Robbie86 (Reply 85):
Anyone knows if DL plans on opening any route to ARN?

Not in the immediate future; the focus now is to get a foothold in markets (like Eastern Europe) which will eventually only have room for one US carrier and one 'home country' carrier (if at all), and not necessarily to go after more 'traditional' markets which already have US competition (in the case of ARN - CO).

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 62):
ATL-NCE performed horrendously (and was pretty much the only new route to perform really bad).

I believe ATL-SNN as a standalone flight was also up there in terms of disappointments; ATL-SNN and ATL-NCE are pretty much the only two recently-introduced TATL routes that won't return in 2007.

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 66):
Not heard of LOS, which I also doubt after the whole CO/VS/VK USvsNI bullsh!t of the last years

LOS has been/is being talked about, but as you said, until those thorny governmental (and other operational) issues are figured out, it's a 'no-go'.

why is it that DL is the only US carrier to start so many new European routes? You really dont hear of AA, CO, NW, UA and US starting service to new and exciting cities in Europe

You forgot CO is also a big believer in flying to secondary European cities. Basically a difference in strategies as well as the types of aircraft they have/don't have. Think about CO and DL being more like Boeing's 787 philosophy - believing that they can do better with more direct/nonstop flying to secondary cities and AA/UA being more like Airbus' A380 philosophy, believing that it is better for them to fly larger planes to key hubs (LHR for AA's BA connections, FRA for UA's LH connections)

BigGSFO

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:34 am

Great news for DL. ATL-DXB - I wonder how EK will respond. Five dailies DXB-ATL?  Wink

DAL767400ER

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:38 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 88):
Great news for DL. ATL-DXB - I wonder how EK will respond. Five dailies DXB-ATL?

Nah, 8 flights. Remember they can't get enough A380s in time, so they have to use 77Ws  Wink .

Quoting Panamair (Reply 87):
I believe ATL-SNN as a standalone flight was also up there in terms of disappointments; ATL-SNN and ATL-NCE are pretty much the only two recently-introduced TATL routes that won't return in 2007.

Interestingly enough, DL will be pretty much just play "switch a hub" with their Ireland flights, with JFK now getting the standalone SNN flight, while will get the DUB/SNN combo back.

BigGSFO

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:42 am

Quoting DAL767400ER (Reply 89):
Nah, 8 flights. Remember they can't get enough A380s in time, so they have to use 77Ws

laughing  ...and 2 777's DXB-CVG and a 340 DXB-SLC just to make a point.

Jokes aside, I am glad to see a US carrier be proactive with service to Dubai. It is fast becoming one of the largest world hubs so good for them.

MaverickM11

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:46 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 90):
Jokes aside, I am glad to see a US carrier be proactive with service to Dubai.

It will be a great flight to nonrev on, particularly in Y  Silly

LAXdude1023

Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:53 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 90):
...and 2 777's DXB-CVG and a 340 DXB-SLC just to make a point.

Maybe Southwest will start PHX-DXB with their new fleet of A380's.  Silly
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

jfk777

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:44 am

This is Delta second trip to Dubai in the last ten years. At one point it had a flight 3 times a week with an MD-11 from JFK to Cairo to Dubai; that was the same era when they had a daily Tel Aviv to JFK with an MD-11 too.

dz09

Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:50 am

Well for ATL-DXB, Delta definitely has my business.

N600RR

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:05 am

thumbsup All great news for DL and I wish them good fortune and success!

This is more of an operations question: will DL open its own station at any or all of these new cities, or will it utilize a SkyTeam carrier or a third party as a handling agent?

Is there a possibilty of DL coding on EK flights ex DXB?
"And the fluffy white lines that the airplane leaves behind are drifting right in front of the waning of the moon" -Cake

jumbojet

Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:21 am

here we go, Delta returns to ICN. cant wait. I for sure will be on that flight some time in 2007

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © AirNikon

worldtraveler

Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:29 am

actually, did DL not serve SEL rather than ICN? I flew into Kimpo on DL but think they pulled out before ICN opened.

DL usually has only a handful of employees at most international stations by contracting out check-in and ramp services. The few DL agents are there to answer specific questions and help out w/ technical questions using Delta's computer system since most handling agents link directly to the operating carrier's reservation or DCS system. DL does not use a Departure Control System so check-in has to be done directly through Deltamatic, DL's res system.

Emirates is a Skymiles partner but that is probably not going to be a huge factor in making or breaking DL's DXB route. Given the size of EK at DXB, there will be connections that will be made soley on the basis of standard interline connections and fares. Large airlines can and do bias their reservations and revenue management systems to maximize revenue which usually means accepting local passengers over connecting passengers. In other words, DL is not likely to want to carry alot of EK connecting passengers unless they cannot fill the flight on their own w/ local DXB traffic. Of course, full fare interline passengers can be worth as much or more than local traffic so there isn't a hard and fast rule but DL won't be pumping lots of low fare passengers onto EK's flights to/from South Asia.

DeltaRules

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:15 pm

Exciting news. Glad to see DL expanding even more!

Quoting QFSYD744 (Reply 7):
Quoting ARGinLON (Reply 6):
So this means bye bye to the 772 to Europe?

Yes, unless the rumors of Delta hunting for the ex Varig types are true.

Anybody want to elaborate more on this? This is the first I've heard of this rumor.

Edit- Found a thread on it, never mind.

DeltaRules

[Edited 2006-10-13 05:19:28]
A310/319/320/321/333, ARJ, BN2, B717/722/73S/733/734/735/73G/738/739/744/757/753/767/763/764/777, CR1/2/7/9, DH6, 328, EM2/ERJ/E70/E75/E90, F28/100, J31, L10/12/15, DC9/D93/D94/D95/M80/M88/M90/D10, SF3, SST

QFSYD744

Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:28 pm

Quoting WorldTraveler (Reply 97):
actually, did DL not serve SEL rather than ICN? I flew into Kimpo on DL but think they pulled out before ICN opened.

Wasnt the original routing:

LAX-PDX-ANC-SEL with the L1011

Didnt the flight continue to:

SEL-TPE, SEL-HKG-BKK with the L1011
I Still Call Australia Home

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos