Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

n844aa

RE: JetBlue, Best Airline 5 Years In A Row...Not Bad!

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:55 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 44):
Maybe it is even more amazing that JetBlue won despite these deficiencies that you speak of?

But see, these may not be deficiencies to the people that voted for B6, which is a point I thought you yourself made -- you know, like the lack of nonstop service between Boise and Omaha. I recognize and freely admit that the Conde Nast voters probably have completely different criteria for judging an airline than I have. But the nature's of B6's operation are very real deficiencies to me, which is why I say that my subjective opinion is that it makes no sense to me that an airline with so many perceived deficiencies could possibly rank at the top of a rational traveler's list.

I propose that we agree that you prefer your airlines and I prefer mine, and save us both some time and effort. And I couldn't agree more with Halls120 about how just about the most irritating things about B6 are the folks for whom any kind of B6 skepticism is heretical.

Hmm, funny how religious imagery keeps creeping into these analogies. Probably says a lot about all of us  Wink
New airplanes, new employees, low fares, all touchy-feely ... all of them are losers. -Gordon Bethune

alaska737

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:56 am

Very impressive B6, 6 years ago i wouldnt have thought it possible. IMO CO should have got it but nothing against B6, they seem to be doing well.

richierich

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:17 pm

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 49):
My post was in reference to your post where you said "You see, I have no problem with people not liking JetBlue." The examples I've posted of your own words contradict your claim of not having a problem with people who aren't jet blue fans

I have no problem with people not liking JetBlue. I'm sure there are valid reasons - just as I have my reasons for liking them or disliking other airlines.

What I have a problem with is when people start expressing their dislike for them and then giving pointless reasons. For example, CN puts out a poll where JetBlue is "the best". I didn't say it, you didn't say it... they said it. Then people like yourself go on here and start yapping away at how the poll is tainted or obviously skewed. Shut the heck up - what the hell do you know about the poll? And the reasoning or "logic" behind this opinion is that there is no way JetBlue can be the best because they are small and only have 20 planes. Or 100 planes. Or they only serve 20 airports. Or 40 airports. Or whatever. It's a mind-numbingly ridiculous argument. While there is definitely a certain amount of personal opinion and taste in such an award like this - I've never disagreed with this - to sit there and try to debunk it simply because you don't like the result is not tolerable. While I am guilty of throwing in the occasional biting comment or using sarcasm to emphasize a point, I have not wavered on my opinion on this matter and I have always given a reason behind the 'why', which is more than I can say for some of you guys.

Again, even if it is a matter of taste, Conde Naste chose JetBlue for a reason. Probably many reasons. They have a reputation and wouldn't pick JetBlue just because they based in New York nor would they only give the survey to New Yorkers... believe what you want to believe but I put tons more credibility in their opinion than in yours.

Somehow I really doubt you'd be this opinionated if American or Delta was number one. I'd probably say "Good job to them" and leave it alone.

Quoting N844AA (Reply 50):
Hmm, funny how religious imagery keeps creeping into these analogies. Probably says a lot about all of us

N844AA, the only people on here who keep bringing religion into this forum seem to be the anti-JetBlue crowd. Nobody else does.
None shall pass!!!!

jumbojet

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:32 am

Quoting N844AA (Reply 4):
On the half-dozen times I've considered flying them, they've always been more expensive than the legacies and their low-cost competitors.

checkmark 

my opinion is this on JetBlue. There an average airline with new planes that will one day be as old if not older then the legacies. They can toot their horn on that one for the time being. I've experienced much better service on DL, from the FA's on down to the gate agents then I have on my flights with JetBlue. Here are some things that bother me about JetBlue.

Inability to view seat mapper before booking flight. (huge)

You'll always find yourself on a A319 or one of the Embraers they fly now. (boring)

Never a chance for an upgrade.

Airline has no lounges at airport.

Inexperienced flight attendants. (based on an eye witness acct of a F/A that refused the request from an elderly pax to help place her carry on in an overhead bin)

Inadequate reward travel program.

The above are is a list of things I dont like about JetBlue and I understand that not everyone thinks like I do. If you do any kind of overseas traveling, I feel you are better off sticking with an airline alliance so that you can build your miles up and build up free flights more often. I think overall, you are better off sticking with and choosing a legacy if you do a lot of flying.

jacobin777

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:41 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 53):

You'll always find yourself on a A319

I'm sure you meant A320.... Wink
"Up the Irons!"

jumbojet

Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:53 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 54):
I'm sure you meant A320....

Yeah, sorry. I cant edit so thanks for correcting.

Anyway, go JetBlue!

Wouldnt it be interesting if B6 flew overseas? I'm on DL 126 later this afternoon, a real airline with real planes  Smile

skyyblue

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:00 am

Inexperienced flight attendants. (based on an eye witness acct of a F/A that refused the request from an elderly pax to help place her carry on in an overhead bin)

Inexperienced, not so much. Unprofessional is more like it. I worked with a more professional group at a regional carrier.

jumbojet

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:26 am

Quoting SKYYBLUE (Reply 56):
Inexperienced, not so much. Unprofessional is more like it.

Yah, thanks for the correction. My heads in the clouds today.

richierich

Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:40 am

You'll always find yourself on a A319 or one of the Embraers they fly now. (boring)

I'm not knocking all of your arguments - you are entitled to your opinion- but how is this one really a issue? Is JetBlue supposed to have a varied fleet to keep it "interesting"?
The A320 and E190s are very comfortable aircraft, sometimes much better than what some other airlines offer on similar routes. (90 minutes on an RJ versus 90 minutes on the E190 = no contest).

(based on an eye witness acct of a F/A that refused the request from an elderly pax to help place her carry on in an overhead bin)

I've never ever seen this at JetBlue, and frankly, it doesn't sound like the norm at all. I have seen the regular bullsh!tting at the back galley of the plane during flight, but this was after the snack service was finished. This is consistent with what I have seen at other airlines, only I recall one flight I took where the in-flight crew were quick to criticize their own airline and reluctant to help anybody not seated in First. What I have seen, with my own eyes on a JetBlue flight, is a first officer helping a passenger load her bag into the overhead... I rarely see the cockpit crew come out of their caves on most airlines (and certainly not to help with the boarding process). Yes, I do realize they do have other stuff to do too.
None shall pass!!!!

r311music

RE: JetBlue, Best Airline 5 Years In A Row...Not B

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:02 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 55):

Wouldnt it be interesting if B6 flew overseas? I'm on DL 126 later this afternoon, a real airline with real planes

So Jetblue is a fake airline with fake planes? By using your logic, Southwest also isn't a real airline since they only fly one type of aircraft, and only domestically. WN has almost 500 planes, and serves 62 cities in the US, quite large for a "fake" airline. B6 is catching up, so by no means are they a "fake" airline. Just because you can't go everywhere with an airline, doesn't make it fake.

As for Jetblue winning the award, they deserve it. As they rapidly expand, their crewmembers keep up the challenge, still giving good customer service. Now lets look at their numbers from August of 2006.

Complaints (per 100,000 Customers)
1. Aloha 0.00
2. Southwest 0.15
3. Hawaiian 0.36
4. Alaska 0.48
5. ExpressJet 0.55
6. Skywest 0.57
7. JetBlue 0.60
8. Atlantic Southeast 0.76
9. Frontier 0.78
10. AirTran 0.95

Lets see, right here they have any "real" airline beat.

Baggage Handling (per 1,000 Customers)
1. Hawaiian 3.13
2. Aloha 4.73
3. Northwest 5.16
4. Continental 5.24
5. Frontier 5.28
6. JetBlue 5.59
7. Southwest 6.12
8. American 6.87
9. AirTran 6.99
10. ATA 7.27

I've noticed here they are beaten by only two of the majors, just CO and NW.

You figure with these numbers, and their numerous ammenities, including free snacks and a variety of IFE, it makes sense why they were voted number one.
confusing use of time

jumbojet

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:07 am

Quoting Richierich (Reply 58):
The A320 and E190s are very comfortable aircraft, sometimes much better than what some other airlines offer on similar routes. (90 minutes on an RJ versus 90 minutes on the E190 = no contest).

I think the A320 is a very comfy plane and I have much praise for the restroom, it was one of the nicest I had the pleasure of using on a plane. All I am saying is that as most of us on A.net are aviation enthusiasts, its nice to fly on different aircraft every now and then other then the A320.

(based on an eye witness acct of a F/A that refused the request from an elderly pax to help place her carry on in an overhead bin)

I've never ever seen this at JetBlue, and frankly, it doesn't sound like the norm at all.

I saw it happen and was really shocked, but Im sure that there are plenty of unbelievable stories from just about every airline on the face of the earth.

richierich

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:12 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 60):
All I am saying is that as most of us on A.net are aviation enthusiasts, its nice to fly on different aircraft every now and then other then the A320.

That maybe true. I live by the saying that "variety is the spice of life", and I do enjoy flying different aircraft types from time to time.
But that does not make an airline "good" or "bad", and I'm positive it had no effect on the Conde award. In fact, I'd suggest that perhaps only having two plane types probably aided in this award as there is a consistency of service. No matter if the flight is short (JFK-BOS) or long (BOS-OAK), every JetBlue flight offers similar ammenities and services.

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 60):
I saw it happen and was really shocked, but Im sure that there are plenty of unbelievable stories from just about every airline on the face of the earth.

I'm sure you are right about that!
None shall pass!!!!

jumbojet

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting R311music (Reply 59):
As for Jetblue winning the award, they deserve it.

Koodoos to B6 really. Thankfully each of us has a choice as to the airline we like to fly and overall I think DL has a better product, for ME! Maybe not for you or other ppl but from the time the ticket is purchased to the time the flight is complete, B6 doesnt even enter the equation.

I've a flight later today, going to see Bruce Springsteen in Valencia. Im hoping for the new biz product on the flight but if not will definitely get a taste of the new creations byMichelle Bernstein's. Have a nice day all and see you at JFK!

r311music

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:26 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 62):
Koodoos to B6 really. Thankfully each of us has a choice as to the airline we like to fly and overall I think DL has a better product, for ME! Maybe not for you or other ppl but from the time the ticket is purchased to the time the flight is complete, B6 doesnt even enter the equation.

Your exactly right. The B6 product isn't perfect for everyone, it's just well liked by a majority of the people who have tried it. That is whole point of the survey. Most of the people who voted probably flew on Jetblue and found it to be a pleasant experience. Although they probably can't use B6 for every time they travel, if B6 serves it, they probably will come back. And that's what you look for, returning customers.
confusing use of time

richierich

Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:45 am

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 62):
Maybe not for you or other ppl but from the time the ticket is purchased to the time the flight is complete, B6 doesnt even enter the equation.

That's exactly how I feel about DL - they are generally my last option, especially if a regional service is involved (which often means my "only" option).
None shall pass!!!!

lightsaber

Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:43 am

Congrats to B6, I've enjoyed every flight with them. I wish I could say that about all airlines...

Quoting Alaska737 (Reply 51):
IMO CO should have got it but nothing against B6, they seem to be doing well.

I've always enjoyed CO. It would be interesting to see how they do.

Never a chance for an upgrade.

I've never been upgraded, so this isn't on my list of things I look for.

Quoting Jumbojet (Reply 55):
Wouldnt it be interesting if B6 flew overseas?

Yes!  hyper  One day... but its not in their model.

I've never ever seen this at JetBlue, and frankly, it doesn't sound like the norm at all.

checkmark  I've always seen very good service on B6. Attentive and quick to respond to requests. The service I get on B6 is much better than the majors I've flown on lately (note: CO doesn't have convienient connections, so I exclude them).

I cannot say that about UA or AA. F9 is great too, but they have got to cut down the quantity of credit card solicitations!  gnash 

Quoting R311music (Reply 59):
I've noticed here they are beaten by only two of the majors, just CO and NW.

NW beat out other airlines on baggage?  faint 

Quoting Halls120 (Reply 28):
I think Acura makes the best luxury sport sedan for the money, others say BMW or Lexus.

My fiance' would disagree. To her, its all about cars with CVT (not feeling the shifting).  Wink

My issue with B6 is they don't fly enough places for me.  Sad In my dream world I'd love to see F9 and B6 merge..

Wait... Is that a fireball headed this way from New Zealand?  flamed 

But I know there are structural reasons as to why that's a dumb idea. (pilot and other crew pay rates, seniority lists, unions vs. non-union, corportate strategy, etc.) Because of the lack of connections, I must fly other airlines. Cest la vie. B6 is growing and will one day be in most of the markets I need. (Need=travel for work or to see family).

So I again congradulate B6, but I patiently wait for them to get a mid-America hub.  Wink

Lightsaber
5 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos