Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Delta Airlines?

Thu Jul 06, 2000 6:19 am

I will be flying out tommorow on Delta from DFW to JFK.
On the way their I will be flying on a MD-80 and on the way back I will be flying on a 727-200. I will be served lunch on the way their and dinner on the way back. I will be seating in coach. My question to you is what are their lunch and dinners like and how is their service on a 4 hour flight. How are their MD-80's and 727-200's, clean, loud, dirty, nice, etc.........

Thanks for any info!!!!!!!!!!!!

drerx7

RE: Delta Airlines?

Thu Jul 06, 2000 6:51 am

Mediocrity at its finest. The 727s and MD80s are wonderful aircraft but Delta's service is average. Nothing very bad about the service, just don't expect to be blown away. Delta isn't exactly winning any service awards-especially for coach class. I stopped flying Delta a while back after a string of unpleasant flights.
Next time go

Click for large version
Click here for full size photo!

Photo © Stephane GIMARD

J.D. Power winner for Long and Short Haul Flights
HOUSTON, TEXAS

papatango

Thu Jul 06, 2000 8:44 am

sounds like drerx7 is a shill for cal are you going to fly dal ns from dfw to jfk or cal connection fron dfw to iah and then jfk time is money

Iflewrepublic

Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:20 am

OK...I have no clue what Papatango said, but here is what I have to say. I have always found Delta's aircraft to be fairly clean considering there isn't much ground time to groom the aircraft. Delta with tell you they strive for maximum efficiency, and if there isn't time to groom the aircraft, then so be. It will have to wait until it returns to Atlanta, Salt Lake, etc. I have also found the service to be rather enjoyable...Southern hospitality at its best (Delta is based in Atlanta). The simple thing to do is to strike up a conversation with one or more of the flight attendants once they have finished their meal service. The food is surprisingly good, considering it is airline food...and they serve Coke products (I still with Northwest did as well). The longer flights have sandwiches, chips, etc. Regarding aircraft, I personally prefer not to fly the MD-80 no matter what airline. I have nothing against the maintenance, performance, etc., I just think there should have been a limit to how long the DC-9 got. Put it to you this way, I wouldn't even fly Northwest's MD-80s. The 727...thank God Delta still operates the 727...one of my favorite airliners. On the ground, Delta's 727s are considerably loud, but when inside the plane, the noise (or roar) is hardly audible.

Anyway, I hope this helps you. Enjoy your flight and make sure you bring something along for your own personal entertainment.

Iflewrepublic.
Aviation is proof that, given the will, we have the capacity to achieve the impossible.

Dazed767

Thu Jul 06, 2000 9:29 am

Well the 727 I was on last summer was great. Not too loud, clean, service was good. Lunch, probably that wonderful sky deli haha. Dinner probably....lasagna or chicken?

Skyteam

Thu Jul 06, 2000 12:02 pm

I also flew on a Delta Airlines Boeing 727-200 last year, It was very clean, and the service was great!!!

DELTA #1

drerx7

To Delta Fans

Thu Jul 06, 2000 11:02 pm

Sorry, didn't mean to offend any of you Delta fans. I too use to be a Delta fan and I am still a skymiles member. I steer away from Delta now-they let me down. I had a string of very unpleasant Delta flights, that does not mean a thing to anybody else-its just they won't be getting my money.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

mlsrar

Iflewrepublic

Thu Jul 06, 2000 11:21 pm

I'm not sure which tense you're referring to, but NW no longer operates MD-80s.
I mean, for the right price I’ll fight a lion. - Mike Tyson

rm-11

Thu Jul 06, 2000 11:50 pm

I just returned from a trip to BUF. I flew on a 727 both ways, and I was suprised on how clean the aircrafts were for there age.

Fri Jul 07, 2000 12:00 am

I flew with Delta last month twice, on round trip ORD-JFK with 727s

Here are the pictures of the Delta 1877 flight taken in mid june
http://www.geocities.com/gagarin/spotter/Delta727/

The return leg was on B727 with older livery; even though it looked old and used from the outside, it had nice and clean interior, comparable to AA coach.

It is true about flight attendants - very friendly and curtious, for today's standards.

I also flew the same flights last year, and I see no change in the quality of the service from a year ago.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos