Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

Iloveboeing
Topic Author

Would Emirates Serve Israel?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:45 am

A thought has crossed my mind. With all the rapid expansion, is Israel a destination that Emirates is considerating to serve? I know there would be a lot of political sensitivities, but would Emirates consider flying into Tel Aviv?

jacobin777

RE: Would Emirates Serve Israel?

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:50 am

If the country of the United Arab Emirates eventually accepts Israel as a country, I don't see why not (the Emirates already has large "under the table" business dealings with Israel)...

RJ flies to Israel..so I don't see why another Middle East carrier cant....
"Up the Irons!"

TeamAmerica

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:53 am

NO. This is impossible. The UAE does not permit anyone who has been to Israel to enter the country.
http://dubai.travel-culture.com/uae/

Quote:
if your passport shows evidence of travel to Israel you will be denied entry to the UAE.
Failure is not an option; it's an outcome.

jacobin777

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:56 am

Quoting TeamAmerica (Reply 2):
NO. This is impossible. The UAE does not permit anyone who has been to Israel to enter the country.

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 1):
If the country of the United Arab Emirates eventually accepts Israel as a country, I don't see why not (the Emirates already has large "under the table" business dealings with Israel)...

Of course not right now...but to say "never" is a mighty long time...who would have thought 30 years ago RJ would be flying to TLV?
"Up the Irons!"

HiJazzey

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:00 am

A settlement needs to be reached before any normalisation can occur. A cart can't go before the horse.

VHVXB

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:01 am

Any reason why? Is it because of the recent conflict?

BA

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:07 am

You won't see Air Algérie, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Iraqi Airways, Kuwait Airways, Libyan Arab Airlines, Middle East Airlines, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Sudan Airways, Syrian Arab Airlines, Tunisair, or Yemenia flying to TLV until a comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace agreement is reached.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

zvezda

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:09 am

Quoting HiJazzey (Reply 4):
A settlement needs to be reached before any normalisation can occur.

A settlement of what?

AKLDELNonstop

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:10 am

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 5):

Mate its always been like that in most GCC countries( Gulf Cooperation Council). They do not allow you to enter if you have an Israeli stamp on your passport.

Cheers

newagebird

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:10 am

No chance, i remember when i was there...the government banned anything that resembled a zionist star symbol. Unless the arab-israeli problem is solved theres no way its happening.

rgds newagebird

TLVFred

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:14 am

Do they allow Jews in? i.e yarmulka wearing Jews if they DONT have stamps in their passports. Also transit passengers, eg. LHR-DXB-SYD on Emirates? I know they dont serve Kosher food but if a Jew were to travel with the airline on the above route, would he be able to?

AKLDELNonstop

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:18 am

Quoting TLVFred (Reply 8):

I dont see why not. They dont make distinctions on religion. Only on Israel as Israel is not officially recognised as a country by many Arab states.

So to answer your question I guess Jews are definitely allowed.

Cheers

dutchjet

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:20 am

Quoting Iloveboeing (Thread starter):
but would Emirates consider flying into Tel Aviv?

One of the most unlikely routes.....first formal diplomatic relations would have to be established between the two nations.

The relationship between Jordan and Israel is different from the relationship between the UAE and Israel. There is also airline service between Israel and Egypt.

Quoting VHVXB (Reply 5):
Any reason why? Is it because of the recent conflict?

No - its not due to the recent conflict - its simply that many nations do not recognize Israel or its right to exist.

A settlement needs to be reached before any normalisation can occur. A cart can't go before the horse.

Quoting Zvezda (Reply 6):

A settlement of what?

Some type of resolution of the situation in the Middle East, which would include the recognition of Israel by certain nations, the establishment of a the Palestinian nation that could peacefully co-exist with Israel, and peace in the region. Think "Roadmap to Peace"".........lets all hope for the best.

dz09

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:30 am

I recently needed a visa to go to Saudi Arabia and guess what, they ask you about your religion and they put it down on the visa stamp.

dutchjet

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:31 am

Do they allow Jews in?

Yes, they do, they do not deny entry on basis of religion.....Israel is the issue here. As you probably know, Israeli immigration will accommdate travellers and not stamp their passport upon entry/exit in and out of Israel, instead, the stamps are placed upon a seperate page that can be removed from the travel document.

Does the UAE ask a person's religion on any landing or arrival card type document? The reason I ask is that I visited Brunei about 10 years ago, and was quite surpised when the arrival card specifically asked the religion of the traveller completing the card.

i.e yarmulka wearing Jews if they DONT have stamps in their passports

The issue is Israel, not being jewish, in this case, although its unlikely that Jewish travellers would be very comfortable.

I know they dont serve Kosher food but if a Jew were to travel with the airline on the above route, would he be able to?

Kosher food is not available, but Islamic/Arab dietary rules are quite similiar to kosher regualtions, so it really would not be a big problem. As for a pax travelling LHR-DXB-SYD, if the pax is only transferring at DXB and not entering the UAE, the Israeli passport stamp should not be an issue (am I correct?)....that being said, I dont think that many Jewish or Israeli passengers are flying EK. Its an interesting issue, as EK intends on expanding and becoming a ""World Carrier"" (like SQ or BA), how will the issue be dealt with?

dz09

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:33 am

Quoting Zvezda (Reply 6):
A settlement of what?

Are you from another planet? Almost all current world conflicts are related to the israeli/arab conflict.

flyprivate

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:43 am

My dad Whose Born in Israel ( it does say born in Israel on his Passport )
Travels to Dubai Three times a year with no special Permits on his American Passport -

My Wifes last name is Shalom and her American Passport has Pleny Of Israel Entry Stamps in it - and They let her right in!

And when i Flew Emirates To Dubai - The flight attendent Who realized i was Jewish Told me That Emirates Airlines Offers Kosher Meals !
( for the New York - Dubai Flight )

DLPMMM

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:58 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 11):
As for a pax travelling LHR-DXB-SYD, if the pax is only transferring at DXB and not entering the UAE, the Israeli passport stamp should not be an issue (am I correct?)....that being said, I dont think that many Jewish or Israeli passengers are flying EK. Its an interesting issue, as EK intends on expanding and becoming a ""World Carrier"" (like SQ or BA), how will the issue be dealt with?

I don't now if you are correct or not about transit pax. I am flying to BKK in a few weeks on KE, but had almost booked on EK. I'm glad I didn't now, as I have Israeli stamps in my passport and would not like to find out the hard way that I could not transit at DXB. I also think it could cause a serious problem for me if there was a mech problem at DXB and I was forced to overnight.

I think I'll just avoid the ME airlines and the hassles, life is too short.

yowza

Never say never. But for this I would say never.

First off there would likely not be enough of a market and second of all the political attrition is going to be around for a long time. GCC countries do have dealings with Israel but in this climate of Islam vs the rest in which we currently live the very last thing thing Gulf countries want to do is give legitimacy to Israel, as in their eyes it would show weakness. As well as the UAE, Qatar and Bahain have a lot of quiet dealings with Israel. Bahrain has in fact "normalized" trade relation with Israel.

With all of that said it would be nice to see someday. Pity they don't already fly as I will be in Tel Aviv and Dubai next week for work, YYZ-JFK-DXB-TLV return would be a lot better than having to fly to and from Europe twice.  Yeah sure

YOWza

dz09

Quoting Flyprivate (Reply 18):
And when i Flew Emirates To Dubai - The flight attendent Who realized i was Jewish Told me That Emirates Airlines Offers Kosher Meals !

I did not think they would care nor should they. With positive attitudes like these, maybe some day all will be resolved.

GuyBetsy1

Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 am

Quoting BA (Reply 14):

Don't forget : Malaysia Airlines, Pakistan International Airlines, Garuda International, Royal Brunei Airlines! Other non Islamic airlines are not even allowed to codeshare with El Al and fly over UAE States even though they normally do to other destinations without the codeshare. And that is why they don't codeshare with El Al.

BA

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:17 pm

Quoting GuyBetsy1 (Reply 20):

Yes, but my post was specifically about Arab airlines. A comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace agreement as called for by the Arab League would not apply to Malaysia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Those countries would need to negotiate their own peace agreements with Israel before flights could be established.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

VHVXB

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:22 pm

Quoting AKLDELNonstop (Reply 7):
Mate its always been like that in most GCC countries( Gulf Cooperation Council). They do not allow you to enter if you have an Israeli stamp on your passport.

Cheers

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 10):
No - its not due to the recent conflict - its simply that many nations do not recognize Israel or its right to exist.

hmm thanks for your replies guys. Made things a bit more clearer

Marco

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:23 pm

To appease the Islamists that's supposed to the official policy. But I really don't think they would stop a US citizen or any European with an Israeli stamp. UAE customs and immigration are very friendly people.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

nycflyer

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:13 pm

My dad Whose Born in Israel ( it does say born in Israel on his Passport )
Travels to Dubai Three times a year with no special Permits on his American Passport -

That's because the law is almost never enforced in the UAE. I have an American friend with Israeli stamps who got through DXB immigration a few months ago with no problems, and I've heard the same of others. The official non-recognition of Israel exists for official ideological reasons, and to please the fundamentalists, but on a practical basis it's generally overlooked.

However, this is NOT the case in Lebanon or Syria, where you would be sent packing ASAP with an Israeli stamp.

jacobin777

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:43 pm

The relationship between Jordan and Israel is different from the relationship between the UAE and Israel. There is also airline service between Israel and Egypt.

Some type of resolution of the situation in the Middle East, which would include the recognition of Israel by certain nations, the establishment of a the Palestinian nation that could peacefully co-exist with Israel, and peace in the region. Think "Roadmap to Peace"".........lets all hope for the best.

That's my point Dutchjet...30 years ago who would have thought there would have been any relationship between Egypt/Jordan and Israel? As I said, The Emirates already does business "under the table" with Israel, in fact, during the Dubai Ports World fiasco, the President/CEO of Israel's largest shipper (forgot his name) openly and publicly on CNN (Wolf Blitzer) said that he has no problems with them and that they do extensive business with them...

Quoting BA (Reply 21):

Yes, but my post was specifically about Arab airlines. A comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace agreement as called for by the Arab League would not apply to Malaysia, Pakistan, Indonesia, Brunei, etc.

Pakistan's President Musharraf has already called for the recognisation of Israel..if a peace treaty can be done, then certainly the other countries might eventually come on board..

"Never say Never"...
"Up the Irons!"

777boi

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:45 pm

Pax with Israeli stamps can transit in DXB, usually without a problem, unless, in the event of an unlikely flight cancelation, they have to pass through immigration! If they dont pass through them, then no one knows at all! Its the same for deportee's or passengers banned from certain countries, but have to transit to get from point A to point B. As for a flight to TLV, i think this is highly unlikely! After all UAE has very strong links with Lebanon!
Kosher meals are offered on EK! There was one in our catering a few weeks ago from SYD, and on a LHR a few months before! Out of DXB, they are not from Emirates Flight Catering, apparently they are sourced from outside the country!

SkyvanMan

Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:50 pm

UAE will not deny entry if you have an israeli stamp, they are one of three arab countries that will not deny entry, if i remember correclty Jordan is one of hte other ones and Egyptr is the other.
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

zvezda

Sun Oct 29, 2006 4:46 pm

Quoting 777boi (Reply 26):
Pax with Israeli stamps can transit in DXB, usually without a problem, unless, in the event of an unlikely flight cancelation, they have to pass through immigration! If they dont pass through them, then no one knows at all!

That's correct. I've transited through DXB about six times in recent years and no one ever wanted to see my passport, except at check-in before departing to DXB. The person checking me in didn't look at the passport stamps.

OHLHD

Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:29 pm

Quote:
if your passport shows evidence of travel to Israel you will be denied entry to the UAE.

This is outdated. If you check the Timatic here : http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti...it=Submit&user=NWB2C&subuser=NWB2C

you won´t find anything about Israel but if you check here :

http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti.../AE/PA/RE&user=NWB2C&subuser=NWB2C

Under B.1 it says only citizens of Israel are not allowed into the UAE.

Friends of mine with Israeli visis wen´t to Dubai for fun and nobody recognized the Israeli visa....

and if you read the small text in the end it say:

Passports of other countries are still acceptable if
issued by a consulate established in Israel.

My Wifes last name is Shalom and her American Passport has Pleny Of Israel Entry Stamps in it - and They let her right in!

I doubt that they even look at them. The Immigrations officer did not check my stamps rather was only looking for an empty page 

[Edited 2006-10-29 13:30:13]

dutchjet

Sun Oct 29, 2006 10:03 pm

It seems that there is a double standard in affect at UAE.....what the rules say regarding pax that are Israeli and/or have visited Israel and the enforcement (or lack thereof) of such rules. I, as a passenger, do not take comfort in such double standards......that the immigration officer at DXB may not notice that I have visited Israel and therefore allows admission to the UAE is one thing, but I would be extemely concerned with the possibility that the immigration officer can and would enforce the laws as written and not allow entry.

To be honest, as a frequent traveller I would think long and hard about flying EK and transiting or visiting DXB simply because of the Israel issue.....I am not being political, I have visited Israel several times and its clearly stamped in my passport, and if there was a chance that my travel plans could be upset due to the fact that I have visited Israel, or there was a chance I would be denied entry to a country and "have to deal with the authorities"......I would simply take another option and avoid the potential hassle. Funny, friends of mine are departing from London to Sydney on Tuesday and were considering flying EK to sample their biz class on the A345 between DXB and SYD.....after chatting with the EK office in London, they decided to fly with SQ instead; my friends are Jewish and have visited Israel, they told me that "they just did not have a good feeling about EK and DXB".......these people travel a lot and do not over-react to things like this, so I respect their comments.

My question,as stated above, is: as EK moves to its goal of becoming a "World Carrier" that will compete head to head with airlines like LH, BA and SQ connecting cities world wide, will all of this become a real issue for the airline?

gh123

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:04 am

Quote:

I don't think that the above is true.

TeamAmerica

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:29 am

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 29):
This is outdated. If you check the Timatic here : http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti...it=Submit&user=NWB2C&subuser=NWB2C
you won�t find anything about Israel but if you check here :
http://www.timaticweb.com/cgi-bin/ti.../AE/PA/RE&user=NWB2C&subuser=NWB2C
Under B.1 it says only citizens of Israel are not allowed into the UAE.

I can't speak for the timeliness of the information, but I had no trouble finding links that say the UAE won't allow entry. Another example: http://www.easyexpat.com/dubai_en/departure_passport-visa.htm says:

Quote:
Any contact with Israel, including having an Israeli entry stamp in your passport, will preclude you from entry into the UAE.

I could find no information at all on the official UAE website: http://www.uaeinteract.com/

The topic asks if Emirates might serve Israel. I think it is very clear that this is not possible. I am sure the many posters above are correct in noting that UAE immigration may not check all that carefully, but a flight arriving from Israel just could not be ignored.

Also agreed that never is a long time, but I don't expect to see it in my lifetime...so for me it is never.
Failure is not an option; it's an outcome.

luisca

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:31 am

On a related note, do you have to go trough immigration or show your passport when transiting in DXB or is it a sterile terminal?.

[Edited 2006-10-29 19:31:57]
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

hovitzer

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:41 am

There are survive political problems that must be solved before we will be able to see an EK aircraft here in TLV.
Unfortunattly no Israeli passports are accepted in UAE right now but let's hope that this will be changed in the near future.
By the way Israeli citizens can fly to Qatar and unfortunattly very few Israelis use this option flying east from TLV.

Knightsofmalta

Mon Oct 30, 2006 3:47 am

First of all, there's a huge difference between having Israeli passport and having say an English or American passport with an Israeli stamp in it when trying to enter Dubai. In the latter case, the authorities tend to turn a blind eye in Dubai but certianly not if the former applies.

As far as I know, the only country on the Arabian penninsula which entertains diplomatic relations of any kind with Isreal is Qatar. So if at all, I'd think Qatar Airways would be the most likely candidate to open such a route, although I seriously doubt if there would be a sustainable market.

RAPCON

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:07 am

Would Emirates offer kosher meals??
MODS CAN'T STOP ME....THEY CAN ONLY HOPE TO CONTAIN ME!!!

BHXFAOTIPYYC

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:11 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 11):
Does the UAE ask a person's religion on any landing or arrival card type document?

No, there are no landing cards and it is not asked at Immigration.
Breakfast in BHX, lunch in FAO, dinner in TIP, baggage in YYC.

abrelosojos

Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:36 am

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 25):
Pakistan's President Musharraf has already called for the recognisation of Israel..if a peace treaty can be done, then certainly the other countries might eventually come on board..

"Never say Never"...

= It would be interesting to see if Musharaf can pull this one or if its another publicity stunt.

-A.
Live, and let live.

Emirates773ER

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:11 am

Quoting Marco (Reply 23):
UAE customs and immigration are very friendly people.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

I see them numerous times a year, but never found them to be friendly. In my experience they usually have a very cold expression on their face due to some reason I can never understand.
The Truth is Out There ---- Face It!!!!!

Marco

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:15 am

having lived in Dubai for ten years and still visiting Dubai three times a year I have found them to be friendly. Relatively speaking, they are pretty friendly. You should see people at CDG or LHR.
Proud to be an Assyrian!

semsem

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:16 am

The answer is NO. There is no way they would bother to serve Israel. However Quatar Airways do have an agreement with Arkia for connecting traffic in Amman.

semsem

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:21 am

Hovitzer why is it unfortunate that Israelis do not opt for flying via Qatar? Who needs a headache / risk?

lightsaber

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:24 am

The topic is very clear, will EK serve Israel? Short answer, not for a while. But, let's take the next step. If there is ever to be a settlement, isn't some normalization required first?

Let's take the case of Dell computers. When China was saber rattling with Taiwan, Dell pulled motherboard production out of China (temporarily). Michael Dell was given a call and when HE was certain it was only saber rattling, production was resumed.

What trade is disrupted with Israel when things go south? Oh, there is none. Thus, normalization of trade with arab countries is more likely to reach a solution sooner than isolation. But hey, only my  twocents . EK's a company and should go for profits. If TLV works, why not?

I argue the opposite course.. We'll see...

Quoting BA (Reply 14):
You won't see Air Algérie, Emirates, Etihad Airways, Gulf Air, Iraqi Airways, Kuwait Airways, Libyan Arab Airlines, Middle East Airlines, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Royal Air Maroc, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Sudan Airways, Syrian Arab Airlines, Tunisair, or Yemenia flying to TLV until a comprehensive Arab-Israeli peace agreement is reached.

and the others noted...

And yet Israel's economy continues to grow.  scratchchin 

Quoting DZ09 (Reply 19):

I did not think they would care nor should they. With positive attitudes like these, maybe some day all will be resolved.

It is examples like this that lead me to believe EK is the most likely arab airline to start service to Israel. Is Dubai the "Switzerland of the middle east" or isn't it? Its one or the other. I realize business realities make them cater towards a certain disposition, but if Dubai wants to convince the world its neutral, what better way than to serve Israel?

That said, I doubt it will happen. EK has other expansion priorities (India, Asia, and more service to Europe.) Even if from a purely airline point of view it would produce a nice amount of traffic... The political cost would be too high... today.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

BA

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:50 am

Quoting Lightsaber (Reply 43):
And yet Israel's economy continues to grow.

As are the economies of several Arab states...

Isolation does not automatically mean a country is doomed to failure. Israel may be isolated in the Arab world, but it has ties with much of the rest of the world which is why its economy is growing.

It is examples like this that lead me to believe EK is the most likely arab airline to start service to Israel.

I'd say QR will fly to Israel long before EK or any other Gulf carrier does so, because Qatar has had "unofficial" close contacts with Israel for quite some time now. On the otherhand, the UAE has not and has resisted any attempts of any kind of "unofficial" diplomatic relations like Qatar has. I mention the reasons below.

EK may be very well accomodating as an airline (and they should be if they wish to have a truly global status) to the requirements of people of different faiths, but keep in mind that UAE politics is what will determine when/if EK flies to Israel.

The UAE is an extremely strong funder of the Palestinian Authority and is funding the construction of a new city in Gaza which will be called Sheikh Zayed City, after the founder of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan. They are heavily involved in Palestinian politics and their leaders have on numerous occasions been very vocal on their criticisms of Israel.

Keep in mind that while EK is a rapidly expanding airline that goes for profits, it is owned by the Dubai government and there is a lot of politics involved in what goes on with the airline.

Is Dubai the "Switzerland of the middle east" or isn't it?

That title goes to Lebanon.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...+of+the+Middle+East%22&btnG=Search

However, Oman is also sometimes called the "Switzerland of the Middle East" because it does have lush green mountains in the southwest part of the country.

Going back to the issue of Israeli stamps. A number of Arab countries (besides Egypt and Jordan which have peace agreements with Israel) don't care if you have Israeli stamps in your passport anymore. Some might ask you what you were doing there, but will still let you in to the country without any problems.

kiramakora

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:57 am

I do not know of the current situation at DXB. However, transiting on an Indian passport in Oct 2002, I was denied entry at DXB due to several Israeli stamps on my passport. I have a good friend in TLV and think the nightlife is just mind-blowing (well, along with BEY in the area.) Anyways, at that point I worked with an IFI and my UNLP got me in.

Based on this, I do not anticipate EK serving Israel as of now. As for the future, who knows?

[Edited 2006-10-29 22:58:05]

kiramakora

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:00 am

From the BBC today, an example of the difficulties seeing most Islamic airlines (outside what is current) fly to TLV in the near future.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6095846.stm

EL-AL

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:13 am

Well, it is a very complicated issue.

I while ago I wrote a post called "Can I (- as an Israeli) fly with Emirates?". The answers I got were basically that I can fly Emirates, but not to enter the UAE. Many said that I can fly Sydney-Auckland with no problem.

Israel has no direct conflict with many of the Arab Nations, the United Arab Emirates is one of them. the UAE is far from Israel as much as Italy is. Some of the Persian Gulf Monarch states has some relations with Israel since 1996, but not full diplomatic relations. The current Israeli Minister of Foreign affairs, Tzipi Livni, is about to visit Qatar next month.

Though Dubai looks like a nice place, Personally, I don't think I would like to visit someplace where I am not welcome.
every day is a good day to fly

dz09

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:15 am

Political problems aside, are there any benefits for EK, for example, to fly to TLV? I am just asking.

kiramakora

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:22 am

Quoting EL-AL (Reply 47):
The current Israeli Minister of Foreign affairs, Tzipi Livni, is about to visit Qatar next month.

Unfortunately not. See my earlier post.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos