leelaw

"Sabena" Brand Name Reborn

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:03 am

Belgian full-service carrier SN Brussels Airlines and low-fares compatriot Virgin Express are preparing to disclose the brand name under which the airlines will jointly operate, amid strong indications that they will resurrect the name ‘Sabena’.

A senior source close to the two carriers has informed Flight that the Sabena brand – the name of the former Belgian flag-carrier, which collapsed in 2001, and from which SN Brussels emerged – is to be used for the merged airline....

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles...e+former+Belgian+flag+carrier.html
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

smokescreen

RE: "Sabena" Brand Name Reborn

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:19 am

Great news, glad to see this classic name being revived! Let's just hope there aren't too many bad memories among customers of the old Sabena's demise.

Alitalia744

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:24 am

Great to hear, Sabena was at one time a great airline before the Swiss got their hands on it.
Some see lines, others see between the lines.

abrelosojos

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:31 am

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 2):
Great to hear, Sabena was at one time a great airline before the Swiss got their hands on it.

= What nonsense. SR was a much superior product than SN and one can say McKinsey's extremely flawed advice of taking over poor SN led to SR's demise (among other things.)

-A.
Live, and let live.

Beaucaire

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:39 am

They need absolutely more planes and should get rid of their AVRO's!
Sabena used to be a good airline -specially on long-haul.Staff used to be pre-dominantly Flemish (at least the cabin staff-they speak more languages that the francophones..)-but in general I had never complaints.
Loved their day-flight to Johannesburg!! I just hated their coffee-it tasted horrible and i'd call it cat-piss...
They should open definitely more lines to Africa and focus on that continent.
Catering on European flights should be full service also on eco to lure new passengers to Brussels and beyond.
Sabena would be a good choice c'ause still many travellers have good feelings about it..
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

kiwiandrew

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:40 am

what a silly idea - I hope that this rumour is wrong . I have had the pleasure of flying SN Brussels Airlines a number of times , they have been professional , efficient and a real pleasure . Although I never flew on the old SABENA from what my Belgian colleagues tell me I didn't miss much - basically it was a government department with wings , bloated and inefficient . Why after spending 5 years building up a good reputation would they want to destroy it by resurrecting a monster ?

RCS763AV

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:46 am

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 3):
flawed advice of taking over poor SN led to SR's demise (among other things.)

Well, that story has never been told, we still don´t know very well who´s fault was it.

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 5):
Why after spending 5 years building up a good reputation would they want to destroy it by resurrecting a monster ?

Indeed, old Sabena was inefficient, launched routes that made no sense and had terrible load factors. But the service was awesome (according to my parents, as we only flew Sabena when i was 1). People will remeber the airline because of the service, the bad management wont be so associated with the name (if the new SN does well, of course).

The advantage i see in this move is that the name SN Brussels Airlines is too long and doesn´t have many catch on the public.

Poitin

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:48 am

Sabena reborn?

I still remember my last flight on a Sabena flight, to Brussels. We were about an hour out of JFK when the FA announced that they had managed to take off without replenishing the toilet tissue and that there was no paper in the toilets, so could they please collect the Kleenex from the passengers so they dole it out to the needy.

Ah, yes I remember that flight well.

When I got to my company office in Brussels I related my experience, which they found amusing in a knowing sort of way. Surprised by their reaction and asked why they were unimpressed.

"You must under stand that SABENA means "Such A Bad Experience, Never Again'"

Let us hope the new Sabena can keep the toilet tissue stocked.

What nonsense. SR was a much superior product than SN

ABSOLUTELY!  checkmark 
Now so, have ye time fer a pint?

OMA2FAI2SAV

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:50 am

Boy I hope this is not true. I flew on Sabena many many times when I lived in Amsterdam. I had nothing but problems with the staff, the planes, everything. Maybe 4 out of 25 times did my bags make it with me back home to Chicago, the flight attendants always were in a bad mood, never were very friendly, the planes were falling apart, nothing but bad memories. The total opposite of what I have found on SN Brussels. Please, dont go back.
If the best things in life are free, why am I always so broke?

FlySSC

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:56 am

SR was a much superior product than SN

Oh sure ! ! ! So superior in everything that they went under and took Sabena with them in the grave.

I always thought this name "SN Brussels Airlines" doesn't mean anything and sounds a bit ridiculous.
Belgium deserves a real National Airline with a legacy name.
I would be so happy to see "SABENA" reborn ! A true real friendly airline.
 crossfingers 

BA

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:01 am

Excellent news.

Now Swiss International Air Lines needs to takeover the Swissair trademark and rebrand itself to Swissair.
"Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need." - Khalil Gibran

afay1

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:01 am

While service back in the day may have been great, many who flew with them toward the end had multiple poor experiences; myself included. Yes, I survived and was safely conveyed to my destination, however, that was all. At least Ryanair was (is) upfront about poor service...

kiwiandrew

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:02 am

I dont think these days in Belgium you would get away with the SABENA name anyway , language is a much more sensitive subject these days and I dont think that the Flemish majority are going to accept a name that was originally an acronym in French ( Societé Anonyme Belge d'Exploitation de Navigation Aerienne , IIRC ) - I suspect the linguistic divide as much as anything else will ensure that the new name is in Belgiums unofficial language : English

Beaucaire

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 12):
I dont think these days in Belgium you would get away with the SABENA name anyway , language is a much more sensitive subject these days and I dont think that the Flemish majority are going to accept a name that was originally an acronym in French ( Societé Anonyme Belge d'Exploitation de Navigation Aerienne , IIRC ) - I suspect the linguistic divide as much as anything else will ensure that the new name is in Belgiums unofficial language : English

Are you serious ?????
Is this language-shit still so much encrusted that a well know name like Sabena would not get flemish blessing because it's a French abreviation????
If you argue like that, you could jump the line and say they only should hire Flemish staff because the Airport is in Vlanderen...
In moments where the global economy is being dominated by Chinese and Indian manufacturing,Global warming will create devastating havock -we are still at odds between the Flemish and Waloons - wake up in Belgium,overcome your struggles and unite to face the callenges ahead.

kiwiandrew

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:40 am

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 13):
Are you serious ?????
Is this language-shit still so much encrusted that a well know name like Sabena would not get flemish blessing because it's a French abreviation????

I am serious , after 18 months here in Belgium it seems to me that the battle lines are well and truly dug in between the languages - so much so that Belgians from both sides will often use English in preference to bowing to their linguistic opposite . However , even if this weren't the case I would still question the wisdom of resurrecting a name that seems to have been a byword for incompetence and inefficiency

Poitin

Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:44 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 14):
I am serious , after 18 months here in Belgium it seems to me that the battle lines are well and truly dug in between the languages - so much so that Belgians from both sides will often use English in preference to bowing to their linguistic opposite . However , even if this weren't the case I would still question the wisdom of resurrecting a name that seems to have been a byword for incompetence and inefficiency

You understand Brussels, where English is the Neutral language. I still remember the first time I landed in Brussels and thought I had somehow gotten to ATL instead -- every sign in sight was in English.

And you are wrong, SABENA is an acronym, but in English. Big grin

leelaw

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:03 am

Quoting Poitin (Reply 15):
SABENA is an acronym, but in English.

Don't tantalize us Poitin, what are the un-abbreviated words in English?  Smile
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

LTU932

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:03 am

Quoting BA (Reply 10):
Now Swiss International Air Lines needs to takeover the Swissair trademark and rebrand itself to Swissair.

There would be legal implications which can arise by LX re-branding into Swissair (specifically because of the liabilities LX would have to face if they become Swissair again, not copyright, but with the debt liabilities of the old SR, correct me if I'm wrong though). They cannot even use the SR code (hence why they use the old Crossair code LX).
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Beaucaire

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:38 am

Quoting Leelaw (Reply 16):
Don't tantalize us Poitin, what are the un-abbreviated words in English?

S uch
A
B loody
E xperience
N ever
A gain

flyboy_se

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:46 am

Societé Anonyme Belge d'Exploitation de Navigation Aerienne ,

i thought it stood for
Societe Autonyme Belge d'Exploitation de la Navigation Aerienne

Belgian Autonomous company of Exploitation of the Aerial navigation
I prefer to be crazy and happy rather than normal and bitter

aviationmaster

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:47 am

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 

By no means did Swissair do a good job, but blaming the whole demise of Sabena on the Swiss is scandalous. Oh and Sabena was not known as "Such A Bloody Experience Never Again" just because  Wink

Poitin

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 am

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 18):
Quoting Leelaw (Reply 16):
Don't tantalize us Poitin, what are the un-abbreviated words in English?

S uch
A
B loody (or "bad" if American)
E xperience
N ever
A gain

hissyfit 

And I learned to carry a packet of Kleenex with me after that flight  yes 
(see reply 7 for details)

legacy135

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:56 am

By the way, did you know that SABENA was during their entire history only two years profitable, one of those years was, after Mister Reutlinger (a former SR manager) took over control and restructured the company.

There is lots of literature about the SR - SN collapse. You will find out as well, that SN would also have collapsed without SR, SR on the other hand would most probably be alive without that marriage with SN.

If they can manage to bring the old name back, it's anice thing! Whatever went wrong with the old SN, it was a part of aviation history.

Cheers
Legacy135 

[Edited 2006-10-27 21:05:02]

AF-A319

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:00 am

I really hope Victoria Moore got it right and SN really gets named Sabena. By the way, here's what SABENA really stands for:

S ex
A nd
B eauty
E very
N ight
A gain

So glamourous!

MCOflyer

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:01 am

Good, I love the SABENA brand name.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

blueflyer

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 14):
However , even if this weren't the case I would still question the wisdom of resurrecting a name that seems to have been a byword for incompetence and inefficiency

I'd second that. All the while Sabena's quality of service had vastly improved overall before its demise to a point that many considered it to be as good, or almost as good, as larger European carriers such as BA, it still had to live down its ugly reputation of years past, a problem that previous posts adequately show is still very much to be solved. Its bankruptcy will not affect its image in Belgium, since most people attribute it, more rightly than wrongly, to Swissair mismanagement, but to other would-be passengers in Europe, Sabena is simply a bankrupt airline of the past, and in Europe, bankrupt carriers disappear, they do not come back.

The other question is whether it's worth the cost. The trade name Sabena belongs to the (old) Sabena bankruptcy administrator, who isn't going to give it away for free... On the other hand, I'm told there is still a lot of Sabena signage to be found in Africa, maybe it is cheaper to keep them than to replace them...

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 13):

I believe that overall, most people don't really care whether a name has a French or Dutch origin, but sadly, there is a minority loud enough that politicians and companies do care, a lot, it's Belgium's version of political correctness.

Many companies require their employees to know Dutch for the same reason, even though the working language is often English.

Immigration officials at the airport also take the language issue very seriously, their way. If you hand them out a Belgian passport for inspection and speak in French, you have at least a 50% chance that their side of the conversation will be in Dutch. Compare and constrat to Amsterdam where they'd rather assume that you do not speak Dutch until they hear/learn otherwise.

[Edited 2006-10-27 22:19:26]
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

leelaw

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:18 am

Quoting Poitin (Reply 21):
And I learned to carry a packet of Kleenex with me after that flight

Duh, somehow I missed your Reply #7. OMG, what a harrowing tale! May I suggest a travel pack of Cottonelles in the future; IMO, much better than Kleenex.  yes 
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

abrelosojos

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:27 am

Quoting RCS763AV (Reply 6):
Well, that story has never been told

= I have seen some of the report and I think parts leaked on the web post-demise as well. I can tell you that McKinsey messed up. Implementation has never been a forte of MCK.

Quoting FlySSC (Reply 9):
Oh sure ! ! ! So superior in everything that they went under and took Sabena with them in the grave.

= You really think SR took SN to their grave? SN barely made a profit in its entire existance and was a bloated government airline that had no purpose in a world where Belgium was not some colonial power.

-A.
Live, and let live.

Poitin

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:28 am

Quoting Leelaw (Reply 26):
Duh, somehow I missed your Reply #7. OMG, what a harrowing tale! May I suggest a travel pack of Cottonelles in the future; IMO, much better than Kleenex.

Harrowing? I'm a guy, so I can stand up. Now you want harrowing, imagine the poor ladies. "Here's two Kleenex for you, dear."

Oh, it was horrible.

Cottonelles would be a better answer. Thanks!

[Edited 2006-10-27 22:32:08]

N1120A

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:33 am

= What nonsense. SR was a much superior product than SN and one can say McKinsey's extremely flawed advice of taking over poor SN led to SR's demise (among other things.)

SR's demise was about their desire to be this massive company when they should have maintained their attention on their reputation and hub structure. By investing in half the airlines under the sun, SR stretched its cash situation entirely too thin. This, along with the fact that SR essentially forced SN to completely switch over what was a rather new fleet and buy new aircraft then stretched that airline too thin. While SR may have had a great product, their business sense was non-existant.

Quoting BA (Reply 10):

I believe Swissair is still a company in administration, so I don't know if they can take over the name. Further, there may be issues with the name in other countries, which were pretty keen on impounding SR aircraft.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

abrelosojos

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:43 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 29):
SR's demise was about their desire to be this massive company when they should have maintained their attention on their reputation and hub structure. By investing in half the airlines under the sun, SR stretched its cash situation entirely too thin. This, along with the fact that SR essentially forced SN to completely switch over what was a rather new fleet and buy new aircraft then stretched that airline too thin. While SR may have had a great product, their business sense was non-existant.

= Yup ... and this strategy was promulgated by MCK as the way to go for SR ... given apparent imminent Euro-airline consolidation and the need to compete against BA/AF/LH. Apparently, bigger was supposed to be better ...

Cheers,
A.
Live, and let live.

access-air

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:43 am

Only baffons would equate SN Brussells if they change the name to SABENA to the OLD SABENA.......Gimme a break....Are you all so weird that just the name would deter you form flying on them??? That has to be as absurd as not eating green beans because you hate the colour green....
I actually hope that they do change the name back to SABENA.....

Actually isnt SN Brussells the new name for what used to be Delta Air Transport of Belgium?

As long as ithe New SABENA is run like the present day SN Brussells, your avoiding them because it'll be called SABENA is just plain dumb!!!!

Access-Air

p.s. I sit me or does this forum seem like nothing but a big "Bitch Fest?"
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

suske

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:46 am

Well the Dutch version of the meaning of the abreviation SABENA might be the nicest, sex aan boord en niets anders, or translated in to the lingua franca of A.net, sex on board and nothing else.

Although very off topic, the battle of the languages in Belgium really isn't ajoke and really isn't something that can be played down. If one states that we live in 21th century and there is no more room for those nonsence either doesn't know Belgium or really under estimates the belgian language battle.

On SN bringing down SR, well let me say this on that. SR's enormous plans to take over many companies (Hunter strategy) didn't go aswell as they had planned. They bought stakes in many different european airline company which at later times they had to sell due to cash problems. SN was important. it was a flag carrier, they had an enormous stake 49,5 % but they wanted to much too quickly. SN had to buy 36 new airbuses, which Sn couldn't afford. SN's catering was provided by SR and eventough flights were not fully booked SN had to buy fully stoked trolley imposed by SR (this amongst others was a strategy of SR to transfer money fron SN into SR). SR was supposed to inject SN with money, never happened. But the wordt part of it all was that SR didn't do much to change the company. It has been said, rightfully so, that SN was a government department with wings, that they should've changed. Even after SR pulled out of SN, SN couldn't cope anymore. So don't say SN pulled SR into the grave. SR did it all by themselves.

ptrjong

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:48 am

I think the real problem is not the long forgotten acronym but the fact that Sabena was a largely French-speaking company (or am I wrong here?), thus associated with the time that the majority Dutch language was being ignored in Belgium...

Personally I hope the name is revived though. It may have been a bad airline, but it's a historic one.

Peter Smile
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)

Viscount724

Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:53 am

Quoting Flyboy_se (Reply 19):
thought it stood for
Societe Autonyme Belge d'Exploitation de la Navigation Aerienne

Belgian Autonomous company of Exploitation of the Aerial navigation

Close, but the second word is "Anonyme". Societe Anonyme, commonly abbreviated S.A., is the French equivalent of Inc., Ltd., Plc, in English.

PA110

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:00 am

As a long past former employee, I would love to see the Sabena name revived. Despite what happened later on in its life, Sabena was a marvelous airline back in the early 80's. It had a vast African network, and the best inflight service of ANY European airline on its short-haul network. I flew many inter-European sectors and nobody came close to the level of service (and catering) that SN provided within Europe.

And, by the way, the official language of Sabena was English. Cabin announcements were always in Flemish, French and English, but all internal company communications were always in English.
It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.

rootsair

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:05 am

its like saying VIASA's demise is IB's fault
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

beechnut

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:22 am

Well it beats a railroad resurrecting the "Pan Am" name and using it for low-fare flights to Florida from the middle of nowhere in the Northeast. What a travesty and an insult to a grand old name that was!

Beech

sllevin

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:29 am

I think it'd be fine...I always took SNBA as a way of being Sabena without being Sabena...I mean, they are using the "S" anyway...

Steve

B707Stu

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting Leelaw (Reply 26):
Duh, somehow I missed your Reply #7. OMG, what a harrowing tale! May I suggest a travel pack of Cottonelles in the future; IMO, much better than Kleenex.

Leelaw gets it right again!  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup 

As to Sabena's return, I vote Yes. Only flew them once MAN-BRU-JFK. MAN-BRU brilliant on an A321. Comfortable seats, nice cabin crew, even a snack. MAN-JFK, the evening A340, so so food, cramped cabin but on average with BA trans-atlantic in the back. Only complaint I had was boarding, total chaos. Other than that, and the anti-semetic German traveller I was sat next too - he apologized by the end of the trip and had a personal revelation (took him 5 hours) about his attitudes - I liked Sabena and would welcome them back.

pelican22

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:58 am

Perhaps they should just keep part of the name i.e Belgian National Airlines
or perhaps Sabena Belgium Airlines

JFK998

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:39 am

Now Swiss International Air Lines needs to takeover the Swissair trademark and rebrand itself to Swissair.[/quote]

LMFAO!!! Sabena was a good airline. It was mis-managed, however, back in its glory days I was told it was an exceptional airline. One thing I never understood is why they changed their livery SO many times. Through the 90's alone I must have seen about 2 or 3 (?) different liverys for Sabena all together. Maybe they went bust because of their compulsive painting of their aircrafts  Wink

Naah.. I know it takes more than that to kill an airline..

Embajador3

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:41 am

Why don't you just forget about the old Sabena and the crap service and delays, and take this as a good chance to revive a prestigious name, at least for the belgians, but with SN Brussels Airlines' quality?
Flying Together

Leskova

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:00 am

Wow... the one airline for which I received more customer complaints after flights than for ... well... all others combined... soon to be resurrected?

At least it'll be easy on a lot of my colleagues - most of them still call SN 'Sabena' anyhow...  Wink

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 17):
They cannot even use the SR code (hence why they use the old Crossair code LX).

Actually, SR is even still registered to Swissair - I wonder when that'll end... there seem to have been some changes lately, for example one code for 'form of payment' was specifically reserved within Switzerland for the 'Aktionärscoupons' (or whatever they were called), but that code has now been made available for regular use.
Smile - it confuses people!

SB

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:17 am

I have mixed memories about SABENA. The first one was on a BRU-YMX flight in a 747 in 1992. The pressurisation was terrible, cabin was noisy, FAs useless, service terrible, etc... Really a "Such A Bloody Experience Never Again" flight.

9 years later we gave them a second chance on NCE-BRU-MAA and return, and I was really impressed with the service. We had a splendid A320 to BRU, then a average 340 to MAA. Food and service was good.
The return was on an A330 (with IFE) on September 20th 2001. If SABENA would still be around we would have used them again I'm sure.

It would be lovely to see the name come back, but I'm divided on whether it's a good thing. As someone else said defunct European airlines don't really come back.

S.
"Confirm leave the hold and maintain 320kts?!"

Braybuddy

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:33 am

Quoting Kiwiandrew (Reply 5):
what a silly idea - I hope that this rumour is wrong

Quoting OMA2FAI2SAV (Reply 8):
Boy I hope this is not true.

Come on, it's just a name, and the airline isn't going to change for better or worse just because it gets a different name.

The Sabena name is a LEGEND in aviation. What committee dreamt-up the dreadful SN Brussels Airlines anyway? It's a marketing nightmare.

BRING BACK SABENA!

B747-437B

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:51 am

Quoting AF-A319 (Reply 23):
I really hope Victoria Moore got it right

I've had the priviledge of being interviewed by Victoria for some of her articles in the past and she has struck me as being one of the most conscientious aviation journalists as far as fact-checking goes. If she put it in print, she has a source and she thinks he is reliable.

BNinMSY

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:33 am

The Sabena name is already showing up in the CRS (Airline Reservations Systems) as of this week.

1stfl94

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:06 pm

Sabena was quite simply terrible. It is the textbook poorly unprofitable state owned airline. I'm sorry but by 2001 the management (mostly in Belgium, SR's mistake was to get involved with Sabena in the first place) had basically destroyed Sabena. One of my friends had to use Sabena for regular commuting to Brussels (a link with his own company I think). According to him, they were rude, he would usually pray for his baggage to reach Belgium and it took about four people to do a one person job.

SN Brussels on the other hand despite the long name has managed to get profits (something which Sabena managed twice in 78 years) and won a Skytrax award for best Cabin Crew in Europe. SNBA don't want to be associating themselves with the old Sabena. Also, last I heard there were still legal proceedings against Sabena, meaning that it still technically existed which would prevent the name from being used again.

AwysBSB

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:44 pm

Reliability is being more and more expected by passengers and a great answer marketing departments of airlines can make is to bring back remarkable names  scratchchin 

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos