krist0f

RE: "Sabena" Brand Name Reborn

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:06 pm

While as some have said Sabena may be a legend in aviation history, IMHO they're far from having provided the service that SNBA has. I've had the opportunity to fly with Sabena and SNBA on multiple occassions and I find there is a striking difference between the services offered. I believe SNBA management has worked a lot on improving the quality of their product and have not been overzealous in the expansion of their network which IMO prevented the demise of SNBA after what happened with Sabena. But it is true that a name change will not necessarily change the quality of their product, however the question is what the passengers will think of this change. Maybe they should hold a poll on the Virgin Express / SNBA websites and let us choose  Wink I don't know if they're any SNBA / ex-Sabena people on this forum but I'd like to know how they would feel about getting the Sabena name back.

As far as I'm concerned, being Belgian myself I would prefer them to keep the Sabena name in the closet.

Cheers,

Kris.

wingedarrow

Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:54 pm

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 4):
and should get rid of their AVRO's!

Once again, I fully agree with you... Luckily, merging with TV means getting a lot of 737s which could replace jumbolinos.

Back to the name Sabena, reading your posts it seems the forum is divided in two: one half would be happy to fish that name out, the other half is scared of it. But is it really necessary to argue about a simple name if the bad things behind it no longer exist?

From Romeo and Juliet:
"What does a name mean? The thing we call a rose would smell just as sweet if we called it by any other name."
אליטליה

wdleiser

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:57 pm

They will not be resurecting a monster people....... all they are doing is bringing the name back with much better service. Lets not get silly.

manni

Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:00 pm

SNBA and VEX will announce their strategy and possibly with that their new name on november the 7th.

Excately 5 years after Sabena went bankrupt  tombstone  (07/11/2001).

BTW that's also 5 years after I signed up at airliners.net  dopey   faint 

sk736

Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:31 pm

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 2):
Great to hear, Sabena was at one time a great airline before the Swiss got their hands on it.

Sabena made a profit in only one year of its entire existence. Hardly a great airline.

yulguy

Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:50 pm

Quoting Wingedarrow (Reply 51):
From Romeo and Juliet:
"What does a name mean? The thing we call a rose would smell just as sweet if we called it by any other name."

That's a cute paraphrase. As an English lit. grad, I can't let this go buy. It should be:

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

Beyond that, I totally agree with Wingedarrow. I think, as someone with fond memories of the golden days of airliners, it would be nice to see Sabena's name again. SN Brussels Airlines just doesn't sound good. While we're talking about the old Sabena, it would be great to see them returning to YUL. Then again, maybe that's why they were in bad financial shape...running unpopular routes from Montreal - Brussels?
"Celui qui diffère de moi, loin de me léser, m'enrichit." - Saint-Exupéry

Poitin

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:12 pm

Quoting Braybuddy (Reply 45):
The Sabena name is a LEGEND in aviation.

Quoting SB (Reply 44):
I have mixed memories about SABENA. The first one was on a BRU-YMX flight in a 747 in 1992. The pressurisation was terrible, cabin was noisy, FAs useless, service terrible, etc... Really a "Such A Bloody Experience Never Again" flight.

Quoting Leskova (Reply 43):
Wow... the one airline for which I received more customer complaints after flights than for ... well... all others combined... soon to be resurrected?

YES Braybuddy, Sabena was a legend in aviation, a true legend.  Yeah sure
Now so, have ye time fer a pint?

articulatexpat

Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:30 pm

Quoting Manni (Reply 53):
Excately 5 years after Sabena went bankrupt (07/11/2001).

Quoting Yulguy (Reply 55):
SN Brussels Airlines just doesn't sound good.

The aftermath of 9/11 was an ugly time. Airlines were collapsing left and right (Ansett, Midway, Canada 3000, Sabena, etc) and in general, the attacks had cast a pall over the world. I doubt anyone in aviation was thinking clearly at the time. I remember reading that the name SN Brussels came about as a way to maintain links with Sabena (the airline code) and Belgium (Brussels), which all makes sense, but yeah... the name kind of bites. It lacks grandeur. If they can bring back Sabena without incurring legal troubles, I'd like to see it happen.

On the other hand, a lot of newer airlines also have unimaginative names, especially the ones that have incorporated .com somehow. That's not much different from naming your airline after the street address of your corporate HQ.

[Edited 2006-10-29 04:48:39]

miamix707

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Let's see Sabena bring back the chassic cheatline, painted nose and all, and start flying transatlantic again  Smile

Asturias

Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:19 pm

I like it. SABENA was one of my three very favorite carriers  Smile

I'd love to see SABENA back in the air!

cheers

Asturias
Tonight we fly

blueflyer

Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:24 pm

Quoting 1stfl94 (Reply 48):
SN Brussels on the other hand despite the long name has managed to get profits (something which Sabena managed twice in 78 years)

Actually, SNBA has yet to make money on its principal activity, flying planes. The company overall is showing a profit thanks to a combination of ancillary activities and multiple non-recurring extraordinary revenues (such as the sale of unneeded assets inherited from the defunct Sabena) but its flight operations are still, and always have been (so far) in the red. It is reaching a point, however, where extraordinary revenues are drying up and the airline trade will have to at least break even or the company bottom-line will go in negative territory.
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

abrelosojos

Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:55 am

Quoting Asturias (Reply 59):
I like it. SABENA was one of my three very favorite carriers

= Now I am curious. What are the other 2?

Cheers,
A.
Live, and let live.

mrcomet

Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:46 am

How about Belgair? Belgian Virgin?
The dude abides

Sabena332

Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:07 am

Quoting Leelaw (Thread starter):
Belgian full-service carrier SN Brussels Airlines and low-fares compatriot Virgin Express are preparing to disclose the brand name under which the airlines will jointly operate, amid strong indications that they will resurrect the name ‘Sabena’.

YEPPERS!  bigthumbsup 

Excellent news, I can't wait to board a Sabena plane again! Soooo cool, this news made my Sunday evening!  cheerful 

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

B707Stu

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:17 pm

Quoting Yulguy (Reply 55):
"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet."

I think it only fair Mr. Shakespeare receive his do. None other like him.

cedars747

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:23 pm

Quoting FlySSC (Reply 9):
Oh sure ! ! ! So superior in everything that they went under and took Sabena with them in the grave.

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
Anyways,I flew many times SN ABJ-BRU-BEY and found it simply amazing
Happy comeback Sabena
Alex!!!
Tengo una pasion por la aviacion /لدي شغف للطيران / I have a passion for aviation /Jeg har en lidenskap for luftfart/ J'ai une passion pour l'aviation.

TR

Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Amazing to read the comments in this topic  banghead 

I am sure that the people doing a great job at SN Brussels Airlines won't do it worse tomorrow if the name is SABENA. Time has changed. So has the people running the airline.

So maybe people should forget about the the pro and con of long gone old SABENA. That is history and has nothing to do with a possible rebranding of SN Brussels Airlines.

Beaucaire

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:44 pm

Quoting TR (Reply 66):
So maybe people should forget about the the pro and con of long gone old SABENA. That is history and has nothing to do with a possible rebranding of SN Brussels Airlines.

But that's all about Belgium...
The country has a tremendous potential,creativity,smart and innovative people,great food,excellent artists,a unique geo-political situation..
Still the language issue spoils it all!
I lived for 15 years in Brussels and really love the country- irrespectively of Flemish or Wallonian origins- most people i met had a great ,open minds when it comes to foreigners,politics,economy etc... - but once you speak about the "other" community in Belgium,they lose their apparent wisdom and fall into stupid ,pre-conceived stereotypes.
The Flemish will argue they don't want to pay for the pension of the Walloons who are considered as lazy,incapable pack of subvention-hunters.
The French-speaking Belgians will argue that many Flemish are racist-driven fascist- nationalists who control the country and dry out investments in the southern part of the country.
Sometimes I also believe they shoud split the country in two and make Brussels an independant ,international entity. Add Vlanderen to Holland and Wallonia to France-...
But that's not taking into consideration that the Flemish also hate the Dutch...
You see-it's a complex issue that most likely will never be solved in my life-time...
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

ZRHnerd

Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:45 pm

Quoting Alitalia744 (Reply 2):
Sabena was at one time a great airline before the Swiss got their hands on it.

I'd suggest you go to a store, buy a book an read it, then reconsider your comment.

How Swissair should be blamed for Sabena's demise is beyond me after writing my final coursework about exactly that subject.

blueflyer

Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:59 pm

Quoting ZRHnerd (Reply 68):
How Swissair should be blamed for Sabena's demise is beyond me after writing my final coursework about exactly that subject.

Did you conclude that Swissair played no role in Sabena going under ? I'm not one to claim that Swissair alone led to Sabena's disappearance, but Swissair didn't help either. The decision to acquire A320s or the transfer of cargo sales come to mind.

Incidentally, right around the time Sabena was deciding whether to go with Airbus or Boeing, an otherwise white A320 with a red tail was parked on a stand behind Sabena House and several people thought that Swissair had discreetly sent one of their aircraft over to do a show-and-tell on behalf of Airbus... It turned out the aircraft was from PrivatAir and had nothing to do with Sabena's fleet selection, but Swissair was still cheering for Airbus.
The Trump/Johnson special relationship: Special people on both sides of the Atlantic

access-air

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:29 am

Quoting Embajador3 (Reply 42):
Why don't you just forget about the old Sabena and the crap service and delays, and take this as a good chance to revive a prestigious name, at least for the belgians, but with SN Brussels Airlines' quality?

Quoting Wdleiser (Reply 52):
They will not be resurecting a monster people....... all they are doing is bringing the name back with much better service. Lets not get silly.

Amen Guys........

Too many people being rediculous....

Access-Air
Remember, Wherever you go, there you are!!!!

ZRHnerd

Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:37 am

Quoting BlueFlyer (Reply 69):

If you're trying to take this into an A vs B. war, open a new thread and get flamed at.

bwest

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:14 am

Quoting ZRHnerd (Reply 71):

If you're trying to take this into an A vs B. war, open a new thread and get flamed at.

I don't think the Sabena / Swissair issue is an A vs B war. I also wouldn't say that Swissair is totally and the only responsable for the demise of Sabena. Years of mismanagement and government interference already brought the airline to its knees. But Swissair was called upon to actually end all that.

I am convinced that Swissair played a big part in Sabena's bankruptcy. Would Sabena still be here without Swissair? Maybe not, but that's speculation.

If Swissair would have lived up to its financial obligations, if Swissair would not have implied very expensive services upon Sabena (catering etc.), and if Swissair would not have forced Sabena to buy 30+ airbusses (mind you, not A vs B, it might just as well be Antonovs for as far I'm concerned), I'm sure Sabena would have had a bigger chance of survival.

Still, all this is behind us now. Several lawsuits are running and its up to the courts to decide who's to blame in all this.

As for the topic:

I would love to see that historical name return to the skies. Partly for sentimental reasons, despite it faults, Sabena had a great history. But it would also make a lot of sense imho. Sabena is still much more recognized around the world than SN Brussels Airlines.

ps: first post on the forums, hi all!
I love my Airport Job! :)

Buyantukhaa

Tue Oct 31, 2006 2:25 am

Quoting MrComet (Reply 62):
Belgian Virgin?

Silly or what about Manneken Pis Airlines?
I scratch my head, therefore I am.

blueflyer

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:36 am

Quoting BuyantUkhaa (Reply 73):

FWIW, Belgian media reports that the name on top of the list is Brussels Airlines. Sounds a little too much like an O/D only carrier, but then the same could be said of Air France or British Airways. On the other hand, associating SN Brussels Airlines with Brussels Airlines may be easier than linking SN Brussels Airlines to Sabena.

Quoting ZRHnerd (Reply 71):

If you think my post even came close to an A vs B war, I'm really curious about your thesis. As for the rest, BWest answered as well as I would have.

[Edited 2006-10-30 19:53:43]

lsgg

Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:52 am

Quoting SK736 (Reply 54):
Sabena made a profit in only one year of its entire existence. Hardly a great airline.

Yes, exactly, and guess what :
That year was during the SAirGroup (Swissair Group) implication on SN operation  laughing   laughing   laughing 

Anyway great news to me  Smile

But as said before I would love to see the gorgeous Swissair logo again in the sky !!!
Swissair forever !

sn26567

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:22 pm

Quoting Lsgg (Reply 75):
Quoting SK736 (Reply 54):

Yes, exactly, and guess what :
That year was during the SAirGroup (Swissair Group) implication on SN operation

Through artificially inflating income and postponing expenses. The next years under Swissair were catastrophic, and made even worse after financial transfers from SN to SR!
ex-Sabena #26567

sn26567

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:28 pm

Incidentally, several Belgian newspapers published this morning consider it for sure that the new name of the merged airline will be BRUSSELS AIRLINES, without the SN, without the S-tail and with basic (Sabena-)blue colours. Exit the Virgin Express red, the revived Sabena name, the SN code, the S-tail that made history.

What a lack of imagination!
ex-Sabena #26567

sn26567

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:37 pm

Incidentally, several Belgian newspapers published this morning consider it for sure that the new name of the merged airline will be BRUSSELS AIRLINES, without the SN, without the S-tail and with basic (Sabena-)blue colours. Exit the Virgin Express red, the revived Sabena name, the SN code, the S-tail that made history.

What a lack of imagination!
ex-Sabena #26567

Scorpio

Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:55 pm

Quoting Sn26567 (Reply 78):

Actually, I don't believe any of that. Geert Sciot (spokesperson for SN and VEX) said the new name would be one in which both SN and VEX people would recognise their former companies. That rules out both Brussels Airlines and Sabena.

ZRHnerd

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:04 pm

SR shouldn't have gone with SN in the first place, simple as that. But as bwest said, all this is behind us now, and both countries have prosperous new national airlines. The demises of SR and SN might not even have been so bad, because, after all, it offered both countries the chance to start a new airline and leave all the crap behind.

Buyantukhaa

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:13 pm

Quoting Scorpio (Reply 79):
Geert Sciot (spokesperson for SN and VEX) said the new name would be one in which both SN and VEX people would recognise their former companies.

As SRB owns the Virgin trademark, they're only left with the "Express" bit - so it'd have to be Brussels Express or Belgium Express or, in today's horrible fashion, FlySN, FlyBelgium, FlyExpress or whatever.

Scorpio

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:41 pm

Quoting BuyantUkhaa (Reply 81):
As SRB owns the Virgin trademark, they're only left with the "Express" bit

I read on another board that the new name would actually quite simply be SNVE. I hope it's not true, as that would simply be a terrible name for an airline.

Asturias

Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:54 pm

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 61):
= Now I am curious. What are the other 2?Cheers,A.

Considering I'm thinking about these carriers in the 80s/90s, asides from Sabena my favorites were SAS and Iberia  Smile

cheers

Asturias
Tonight we fly

SNfreak

Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:18 pm

Quoting BuyantUkhaa (Reply 73):
Manneken Pis Airlines

I don't think if they put Manneken Pis on the tail they would be admitted to fly to the States (no offence)
I remember there was a bear brand a couple of years ago who tried it in the States and they didn't not get permission because it's...well...you know  Smile

Here's the things I heard :
Sabena name will be back.
Brussels Airlines
SN express

And for the colours, a guy in the Brussels tower told me that they heard it will be a combination of red and blue with the sabena brand name.

We'll know for sure next tuesday

American 767

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:40 pm

I'll make up a profile of this new airline, as far as I imagine what it will be:

Brussels Airlines

Founded: Nov 2006 with the merger of SN Brussels (2002-2006) and Virgin Express (1996-2006)

Home base: Brussels (BRU)

Employees: about 6000

Radio call sign: Brussels Air (I imagine)

Destinations served:
the ones in Europe currently covered by SNBA and VEX combined, Moscow, Tel Aviv, and the destications in Africa covered by SNBA. Istanbul will not be in the list since SNBA will soon cease flying there.

Fleet:
3 Airbus A319
3 Airbus A330
10 B737-300/400
26 Avro RJ's

Partener airlines: American Airlines, Air Baltic, British Airways, El Al, Finnair, Iberia, Tarom

Aircraft maintenance: C and D checks performed at the former Sabena Technics hangar (I don't know what will happen to the hangar that burned) and the Snecma department

Pilot and flight attendant training: at the former Sabena flight academy
Type ratings:
A319 (only minimal training required to move to the A330)
B737
Avro RJ

Ben Soriano
Brussels Belgium
Ben Soriano

leelaw

Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:57 pm

Quoting American 767 (Reply 85):
Brussels Airlines

yawn 

How about "Virgena" instead?

Radio Call Sign: Cherry

Silly
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

Beaucaire

Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:25 pm

It doesn't mean the actuel new name will be Brussles Airline- maybe they just spread false rumours to protect the true identity...
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

PRAirbus

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:07 am

Hope they come up w/a nice livery...SN Brussels current one doesn't say much. They need to re-invent it and start from scratch...something totally new and different.

Buyantukhaa

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:09 am

Quoting Leelaw (Reply 86):

I thought of that, nearly posted it, then had second thoughts Big grin

leelaw

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:17 am

Quoting BuyantUkhaa (Reply 94):
Quoting Leelaw (Reply 86):

I thought of that, nearly posted it, then had second thoughts

It isn't any worse than "Brussels Airlines," which is about as "stinky" as Brussels Sprouts in the process of being overcooked.

[Edited 2006-11-02 16:20:20]
Lex Ancilla Justitiae

Toulouse

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:23 am

Quoting Poitin (Reply 7):
I still remember my last flight on a Sabena flight, to Brussels. We were about an hour out of JFK when the FA announced that they had managed to take off without replenishing the toilet tissue and that there was no paper in the toilets, so could they please collect the Kleenex from the passengers so they dole it out to the needy.

Ah, yes I remember that flight well.

When I got to my company office in Brussels I related my experience, which they found amusing in a knowing sort of way. Surprised by their reaction and asked why they were unimpressed.

"You must under stand that SABENA means "Such A Bad Experience, Never Again'"

Let us hope the new Sabena can keep the toilet tissue stocked.

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 3):
What nonsense. SR was a much superior product than SN

ABSOLUTELY!

Hilarious story Poitin, I can just imagine. I was luckily only unfortunate enough to fly sabena twice, both times betweeb Madrid and Brussels... what an awful airline! I know it's not good to judge an airline by just two trips (two return trips, thus four flights) but in my experience all four flights were awful. Horrible old 737's (200's if I remember correctly), unfriendly staff, awful inflight service. Yet I do hear great things about SN Brussels.

Regarding SR, it was by far a superior produuct. Had some of my most enjoyable flights on Swissair.
Long live Aer Lingus!

lsgg

Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:59 am

Quoting ZRHnerd (Reply 80):
The demises of SR and SN might not even have been so bad, because, after all, it offered both countries the chance to start a new airline and leave all the crap behind.

I don't think we can talk about "chance" in that story.
We lost two truly wonderful airlines in 2001. Let's not forget that Swissair was formerly one of the worlds leading airlines ! A prestigious past really expensive in the heart of most Swiss citizens...
What I think about that story is just an horrible wast  Angry

Moreover what have we got now in Switzerland ? What more than a good Lufthansa subsidiary company that we almost gave for free one year ago ?
Sorry but I refuse to admit that the lost of SR was a "chance" for our country !
Swissair forever !

SN-MD11

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:48 am

It will be BRUSSELS AIRLINES it is now confirmed by ALL Belgian medias.

What a sexy name indeed !!!
At least we abound even more sexy names such as:

* BrusselsAir

* SNV Air

* SNV Code-Share Airlines Express.

And don't expect anything new on nov 7th. Regional Jets will continue to operate on legs of 2200 kms and no expansion on long-haul because it's "too expensive" !!!!!!!!!  ashamed   ashamed   ashamed 

Sabena332

Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:53 am

Quoting SN-MD11 (Reply 98):
It will be BRUSSELS AIRLINES it is now confirmed by ALL Belgian medias.

Dissapointing name, hideous logo!  yuck 

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

yulguy

Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:10 pm

What a shame! It's going to be "Brussels Airlines" according to Le Soir:

http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/econo.../11/02/article_hermes_490104.shtml

Sources in the company stated that they didn't have the legal right to use the Sabena name anyway. The "S" logo will stay, however.
"Celui qui diffère de moi, loin de me léser, m'enrichit." - Saint-Exupéry

sn26567

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:12 pm

Quoting Yulguy (Reply 100):
Sources in the company stated that they didn't have the legal right to use the Sabena name anyway

Indeed. The name belongs to the administrators of the Sabena bankruptcy. They want to have a high price for the name. Who else will ever want to buy it than the new national Belgian airline? They could have negotiated a realistic price to put the name Sabena in the air again.

A pity they did not seize the opportunity.

Andre
ex-Sabena #26567

sn26567

Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:38 pm

Geert Sciot (spokesperson for SN and VEX) said the new name would be one in which both SN and VEX people would recognise their former companies. That rules out both Brussels Airlines

I am not sure the Virgin Express people will recognise their former company in "brussels airlines" (no capitals!).

Except perhaps the red colour of the logo?

[Edited 2006-11-03 12:46:58]
ex-Sabena #26567

apuneger

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:24 pm

Quoting BNinMSY (Reply 47):
The Sabena name is already showing up in the CRS (Airline Reservations Systems) as of this week.

Hmmm...pretty strange...does this mean anything?

Quoting Sabena332 (Reply 63):
Excellent news, I can't wait to board a Sabena plane again! Soooo cool, this news made my Sunday evening!

I can very well imagine, Patrick  Wink

Actually, I don't believe any of that. Geert Sciot (spokesperson for SN and VEX) said the new name would be one in which both SN and VEX people would recognise their former companies. That rules out both Brussels Airlines and Sabena.

Maybe they'll come up with 'Brussels Airlines' and 'Brussels Airlines Express' or so? I don't know...

Anyway, I wonder how all Belgian media can confirm that the name will be Brussels Airlines, or 'BA' (oh no, wait a minute, we already have a BA, no?). If somebody at SNBA told them, then he/she will be out of a job very soon me thinks...

I'll just play safe and wait for the confirmation on November 7th, that's just four days from now...

Rgds,
Ivan
Ivan Coninx - Brussels Aviation Photography

vinniewinnie

Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:37 pm

Funny how people get crazy about a brand name! After all we almost all agree that nothing special will come out of this. No plans to renew the fleet, no major expansion, no exciting new ideas nothing! All I can see is less competition and a doomed idea of being low-cost and full cost at the same time a la BMI!

So basically if you are slightly interested by Belgian aviation, better look at VLM and north American carriers! They at least try new ideas and new concepts without over extending themselves. (Unlike Sabena!!!)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos