Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Vio
Topic Author

Awesome Aeroflot Video

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:27 am

I appologize if this has been shown before, but I came across it while looking at one of our A.netter's profile. I really enjoyed this video. I would love to fly Aeroflot one day, however I've never had the chance. I think a trip to Russia is overdue.

Regards,

Vio

Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

andrewuber

RE: Awesome Aeroflot Video

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:39 am

Wow - Very impressive, and extremely professional! I would like to fly them someday...

Drew
I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE

Aeroflot777

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:49 am

Yes, it's a great corporate video that they have released a few months ago. They wanted to show pax a little more than the regular eye sees.
I really like the computerized images of Sheremetyevo-3. I can't wait until that terminal opens up!

Aeroflot is a very professional airline, that is showing its excellence on many flights around the world, and is constantly improving from day to day! Keep up the great work SU!

Aeroflot777

Vio
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:56 am

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 2):
Aeroflot is a very professional airline, that is showing its excellence on many flights around the wor

Yes sir! Everytime I fly to YYZ I end up seeing Aeroflot's 767 and I would love to fly to Moscow. I wonder what their prices are on that leg...

Sabena332

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:07 am

Very cool video of one of my all-time favourite airlines!

Aeroflot is a friggin' great airline in my book, I only experienced friendly, competent, and nice people when I flew on them! I can't wait to fly on them again, not only because you can get Russian aircraft, but also because they offer perfect service!

Patrick
NZ1's mother is a disgusting crack-whore and his father is a worthless alcoholic!

Vio
Topic Author

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:20 am

Speaking of company videos... here's Westjet's. They're not as "professional" looking as Aeroflot, but it's a great company and it's making a lot of money. A lot of my friends work for Westjet (Pilots, Ground Crew, FAs) and they love it.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:40 am

Absolutely an amazing video,

I wish we Venezuelans had an airline that could show a video like this, with se same resources.

Russians have a cool airline, I've seen their aircraft only twice (IL @ Geneve and 763 @ LAX) and I must say they look stunning, I realli like their livery.

Thanks for sharing mate!

Cheers
Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous!

levg79

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:48 am

They are advertising that they have 207 flight engineers. What are they trying to show, that their fleet is so old they require hundreds of flight engineers? Other than that, a cool video. Thank you for posting.

Leo.
A mile of runway takes you to the world. A mile of highway takes you a mile.

kevin

Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:59 am

I just wantched a Westjet video nd for some reason when it starts they how you this :Westjet 2001-2005. Like if the ompany only existed for 4 years.

LTU932

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:13 am

Excellent and very professional video. SU has always been one of the many airlines on my "still to fly" list, along with Moscow as destination. Big grin
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

WDBRR

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:20 am

I wonder what CRS (reservations system) Aeroflot uses?
appears the keyboard and screen was in English (SABRE?)
I understand that any foreign airline that uses Sabre must
use English commands.

JOSEMEX

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:23 am

Very nice video; it's a shame they don't fly to my hometown anymore, though.

ABQopsHP

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:30 am

Very impressive videos. I dont have a command of the Russian language just yet, and will have to go back and pause it a few times to see what all was written. I tried to read as fast as possible, but what I did catch was informative. I didnt realize they were still so big after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
ABQ ops, Cactus 202 requesting you order 5 Green Chile Chicken stew for us to p/u on arrival. ;)

flyinTLow

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:31 am

Good video, looks really professional. My experience with SU (working as a rampagent with them) was really good. Very professional people, far better than any other Russian airline out there, always friendly, openminded and had a helping had when you had a problem. Something you can not say about many airlines.

One thing though: What is it always with the pilots' thumbs up in any video about flying? Anyone ever notice it?  bigthumbsup 

Thilo
- When dreams take flight, follow them -

bongo

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:31 am

What is the actual fleet of Aeroflot?
MDE: First airport in the Americas visited by the A380!

WDBRR

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:52 am

I watched the Aeroflot video again, appears the
CRS is Sabre. also, the cockpit buttons were in English
so must have been a 767 or 777?

Aeroflot777

Fri Nov 17, 2006 11:53 am

Quoting WDBRR (Reply 10):
I wonder what CRS (reservations system) Aeroflot uses?
appears the keyboard and screen was in English (SABRE?)

Yes, Aeroflot uses the SABRE system.
They have a webpage telling all about the system and its uses among other things...
http://sabre.aeroflot.aero/

Quoting Bongo (Reply 14):
What is the actual fleet of Aeroflot?

As for the exact numbers, I'm not totally sure, as they have received some brand new a/c within the last two weeks. But as for a/c types...

Long Haul - IL-96, B-763ER
Medium Haul - A320, A321, A319, TU-154, and the IL-86 (mostly used for charters now)
Short Haul - TU-134

Aeroflot777

remcor

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:07 pm

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 2):

Aeroflot is a very professional airline, that is showing its excellence on many flights around the world, and is constantly improving from day to day! Keep up the great work SU!

Uh... they still have sub-par customer service in my opinion. Their planes are fairly clean and their seats on their LAX-SVO B767 are comfortable, however they still have a dose of Soviet style customer service at their ticket offices. The F/A's are hit and miss, some are really nice, other's are not.

They're getting better but still don't quite stack up against blue chip international airlines.

Aeroflot777

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:16 pm

Quoting Remcor (Reply 17):

Uh... they still have sub-par customer service in my opinion.

I don't know where and when you've experienced this customer service, but I have gotten better service from them than that of BA, UA, and AA.

however they still have a dose of Soviet style customer service at their ticket offices.

Have you ever been to any Moscow ticketing office lately? Nicest people around! The Soviet generation employees are mostly warn off. Almost every SU office I've been to all over the world, has young, professional welcoming agents!

The F/A's are hit and miss, some are really nice, other's are not.

As with absolutely EVERY airline out there!

Aeroflot777

[Edited 2006-11-17 04:22:07]

SJC-Alien

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:37 pm

...well it's a nice video, but one problem, I have done 1-800 phone operations for 10 years in the 90's, and I think they have fooled you all on the good looking babes answering the phones,.......we had 250 people at the height of our operation, and there were only maybe 2 babes that would match anything shown in the Aeroflot vid........the rest wouldn't fit into a VW.  Wink

SJC Alien

WDBRR

Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:52 pm

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 18):
As with absolutely EVERY airline out there!

Yes there is good and bad in every airline, no one is perfect.

thanks for answering my question earlier about SABRE.

emseeeye

Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:40 pm

Quoting SJC-Alien" class=quote target=_blank>SJC-Alien (Reply 19):
...well it's a nice video, but one problem, I have done 1-800 phone operations for 10 years in the 90's, and I think they have fooled you all on the good looking babes answering the phones,.......we had 250 people at the height of our operation, and there were only maybe 2 babes that would match anything shown in the Aeroflot vid........the rest wouldn't fit into a VW.

SJC Alien

Ha ha! Who cares about the res agents??? What about the blonde in the video welcoming pax on board...
 blush 

flyinTLow

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:42 pm

Have to say, onboard every Russian aircraft I have worked on (including S7, UN, Pulkovo, Kras Air, Saratov, and many more), they always had one so absolutly stunning flightattendant that absolutly took your breath away with her more than perfect looks, and on the other hand had one woMAN you were absolutly afraid would beat you up the second you would take a look at the beautiful one.
- When dreams take flight, follow them -

CO7e7

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:44 pm

Very impressive video...
thanks for posting it!

-Zaki

DTWAGENT

Fri Nov 17, 2006 2:52 pm

I loved both videos.

Chuck

LAXdude1023

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:04 pm

I have flown Areoflot twice on trips to Russia on the LAX-SVO leg. My experiance has been that onboard, the service is superb. The seats are comfortable and the flight attendants are very nice. Where the problem is: the office in LA and staff at LAX. Ive had no problems at SVO or in Russia, just here in LA. But to be honest we get some crazies in this city as it is.  crazy 
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

AirbusCanada

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:13 pm

the english version of the video
http://www.aeroflot.ru/eng/company.asp?ob_no=5038

captaink

Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:47 pm

Nice video indeed... I need to get on Aeroflot and I really need visit Moscow.

Quoting JoseMEX (Reply 11):
Very nice video; it's a shame they don't fly to my hometown anymore, though.

When I saw Mexico City on the information board in video, I smiled. Those are two of my favourite words, naming one of my favourite places.. MEXICO & CITY. Sad as you say they don't fly there anymore.
Look Up

solnabo

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:40 pm

Great PR video of Aeroflot, like it a lot.

Keep up the good work!

Micke//  bigthumbsup 
Airbus SAS - Love them both

hjulicher

Fri Nov 17, 2006 9:56 pm

Quoting Levg79 (Reply 7):
What are they trying to show, that their fleet is so old they require hundreds of flight engineers?

Still a little bitter from Soviet times. Now everyone knows what aeroflot was like in the 90's, and a lot of people have flown with them since their new corportate identity. I think many, especially those who haven't flown them in a long time will be surprised... Whenever I fly aeroflot, I feel at ease, especially if i want a second coke or something to snack on... they really emphasize customer service and they don't think second about it. Try asking a flight attendant onboard AF after the meal service if you could have something else to eat, or even better, if there was a snack you could have beofore the flight takes off because you are starving and see how they answer you! AF is a good airline, so I love airfrance, I was just using them as a comparison

Aeroflot777, my favorite part about the video is the terminal-3 too. It's the first images of the interior that I've seen, and I'm really excited, as it should be open within a year, and yay for skyteam who will use the terminal. Maybe we can seee new routes from aeroflot to our hometowns,... that is if they ever finalize an aircraft order.
Detroit Moves the World!
LH 442

emseeeye

Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:39 am

Quoting FlyinTLow (Reply 22):
Have to say, onboard every Russian aircraft I have worked on (including S7, UN, Pulkovo, Kras Air, Saratov, and many more), they always had one so absolutly stunning flightattendant that absolutly took your breath away with her more than perfect looks, and on the other hand had one woMAN you were absolutly afraid would beat you up the second you would take a look at the beautiful one.

Ok, thats funny! I can just see it now...

PlanenutzTB

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:05 am

Awesome video! Great Marketing hype! Too bad Aeroflot's real service does not measure up to the hype! Our last travel from LAX-SVO-LAX was a nightmare. The ticket agents did not want to honor our tickets issued through a Skyteam partner. On both flights they ran out of drinking water for the passengers. The 767's flying this route are in poor condition with broken tray tables, lights, and overhead luggage compartment doors.

Our domestic Aeroflot flight SVO-OMS was delayed three hours because the ground crew spilled jet fuel around our TU-154 and had to do a clean up before we could board.

Come on Aeroflot, live up to your marketing hype!
I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end.

ChicagoFlyer

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:06 am

Since we are talking about Aeroflot, let me repost the link from the "Airline songs" thread of a couple of months back. Basically, Aeroflot had a contest for the corporate song, and I guess here are the 6 finalists (I am posting a link to the Russian version of the page, since the English version does not work; click on the arrows next to banners 1-6 to listen).

http://www.aeroflot.ru/company.asp?ob_no=18514

These songs are beautiful and professionally recorded but they DO really take you back to the Soviet times. No Western-like pop here.

I suggest that A.netters each vote for their favorite out of the 6. Since you are unlikely to be a judge in a Miss Venezuela contest, this is as close as it gets.

captaink

Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:07 am

What is the condition of their Fleet from Iluyshin (however that is spelt) y Tupolev? I think that is the most exciting thing about Aeroflot. I would give anything to get the chance to fly on one of those birds, esp the TU154 one of my alltime favourites.
Look Up

Thomson735

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:03 am

That bit at the end where the pilots shake hands was sooooooo chessy lool

Other than that a nice vid Big grin

sevenair

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:04 am

I really like it. It seems to point to the fact that SU brings the world together. It's a little fluffy, but I really liked it!! Shame they don't fly to NCL!

DeC

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:20 am

Nice video:

I have this to say :

Russian women are simply gorgeous!!!!  hearts 
DEC

RJ100

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:56 am

Great video! How long will they keep the TU3s and TU5s in the fleet? I should really do a domestic run on the Tupolevs next time I'll be in Russia.

Cheers,
RJ100
none

Airlinemodeler

Sat Nov 18, 2006 3:58 am

You couldn't pay me to fly Aeroflot many years ago but this video illustrates how they have advanced and taken serious attention to the airline industry! Very impressive. WTG. I like the West Jet one as well. Anybody know where there are anymore?
Tom from Hot KLAS

Aeroflot777

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:42 am

Quoting Airlinemodeler (Reply 38):
You couldn't pay me to fly Aeroflot many years ago but this video illustrates how they have advanced and taken serious attention to the airline industry! Very impressive. WTG. I like the West Jet one as well. Anybody know where there are anymore?

Thank you for being one of the FEW Westerner's who seem to acknowledge this!
It really pisses me off to see all these SU bashers, when they don't even have a tiny clue on what their talking about! Thank you!

Quoting Captaink (Reply 33):
What is the condition of their Fleet from Iluyshin (however that is spelt) y Tupolev?

The IL-96 is performing well and is used on long-haul routes, mainly to Asia. During peak seasons, the IL-96 is also used to high-demand routes, such as to the Swiss alps for instance. They will be around for a WHILE. I think there are more on order.
The IL-86 is hard to operate because of it's inefficiency. Even though it's a great airliner to experience, as we get deeper into the 21st century.... the comfort level isn't all that great. This is precisely why SU is mostly using it on charter flights. It can pack a lot of people, and SU uses that to their advantage. Turkey sees a lot of them...
TU-154 is very heavily used for domestic as well as some European destinations. Those machines are built to last, and they are going strong. The comfort level is also very nice!
TU-134 - unfortunately these are going to start disappearing. But you can still catch a few. It's a great bird. Great feeling to fly inside one. The windows are a great plus for us aviation geeks.

Personally, I can't wait for the RRJ. It will be a new chapter in Russian aviation. And with a 30 frame order, I can't wait to see where SU takes them!

Aeroflot777

LTU932

Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:58 am

Quoting Aeroflot777 (Reply 39):
I think there are more on order.

Speaking of which, wasn't that a follow-on order for 6 more IL-96-300s which was made mid last year, before the IL-96 grounding?
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Aeroflot777

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:05 am

Quoting LTU932 (Reply 40):
Speaking of which, wasn't that a follow-on order for 6 more IL-96-300s which was made mid last year, before the IL-96 grounding?

Yes it was. The grounding didn't really affect anything though. The aircraft were corrected and everything is back on track. And the IL-96 is performing very well.

Aeroflot777

Silverstreak

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:08 am

I was in St. Petersburg and Moscow this year via Helsinki and Finnair. I did not fly in Russia but took the train. I took the midnight "Red Arrow" from St. Petersburg - Moscow (great). St. Petersburg is so historic and Moscow so dynamic. It is somewhat expensive and the visa requirements are well - comical. It is true the Russian women are very attractive - my guide for the Kremlin looked like Nicole Kidman. I will go back - trying maybe Aeroflot and go in the winter. Go!

aero145

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:17 am

The Аэрофлот video is amazing!  Smile I'd love to fly with them some day.

But the WestJet video was IMO extremely far from Аэрофлот's, just not good IMO.

-David  wave 

mowtoib

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:27 am

Uh... they still have sub-par customer service in my opinion. Their planes are fairly clean and their seats on their LAX-SVO B767 are comfortable, however they still have a dose of Soviet style customer service at their ticket offices. The F/A's are hit and miss, some are really nice, other's are not.

They're getting better but still don't quite stack up against blue chip international airlines.

--------------------------------
Totally agreed... There's still a long way to go...

MOW

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:39 am

What happened? It looks like an Aeroflot day on A.NET!
I counted 4 or 5 threads about Aeroflot. OK, one was on the Russian participation in A350 project, but still it was linked to SU.

tonyban

Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:53 am

I've flown Uzbek (a former Soviet State) airlines twice. Absolutely beautiful air hostesses but unfortunately, the worst service ever.

F9Animal

Sat Nov 18, 2006 6:40 am

The Westjet one was AWESOME! What a great video.

Aeroflots was excellent too. I think I liked Westjets a bit better, only because I think U2 rocks!!  Smile
I Am A Different Animal!!

WDBRR

Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:51 am

Quoting Dec (Reply 36):
Nice video:

I have this to say :

Russian women are simply gorgeous!!!!

I agree.....during the Soviet times, Russian women were
shown in the US as overnight, unattractive and unfriendly.

Reminds me of the old Wendy's commericial from 1984 (?)
Russian woman wearing "Evening Wear"...it was an ugly
house dress and a flashlight. maybe I can find it on
YouTube. would love to see it again for our foreign friends
here.

RICARIZA

Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:36 am

Amazing video, thanks for sharing...
I miss ACES, I am proud of AVIANCA & I am loyal to AMERICAN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos