Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TK787
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation Thread Dec.2006

Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:15 am

Hello there,
I thought since there is enough going on we could share our opinions on Turkish Aviation on this thread, and maybe do it monthly?
So here are some recent news:
-TKs 17X737-400s are leaving, Wing says one of them left already.
-New TK 320-321 simulators?
-TK's 2006 profit 132mil.YTL ($69mil.)
-343s will get a face-lift a la 332 style.
-TKs goal for 2007, 20 mil. pax.
-TK signs preliminary protocol with Star Alliance Dec.9th.
-Pegasus starts Istanbul-Stutgart 2x weekly
-Pegasus will start receiving 738s this year, any ideas on the delivery schedule?
-Sunexpress Basel-Izmir service.

Now looking ahead to 2007:
-TKs 7 320s, 5 321s arrive
-Out of TKs leased 16x734, 8x320, 6x321, which ones will go first?
-Any implications of this coming election year on TK, and on its routes and fleet management, and others?
-How are the other carriers doing?
-A lot of new terminals, how are they doing?
-TK LCC?

Thanks for all of the input, and share of ideas.

pilotaydin

RE: Turkish Aviation Thread Dec.2006

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:50 pm

Quoting TK787 (Thread starter):
-TKs 17X737-400s are leaving, Wing says one of them left already

yes though not all 400s are leaving now, only about half of them, 14 aircraft will leave by the end of this month, and half of those are leased airbus aircraft, to be replaced by 12 new aircraft we have purchased in 2007  Smile

New TK 320-321 simulators?

i couldnt believe my eyes when i went in for my recurrent i saw her right there  Smile

-343s will get a face-lift a la 332 style

we really need to improve our long haul service, that's where the big bucks are!

-TK signs preliminary protocol with Star Alliance Dec.9th

finally we can become a more global airline!

-Pegasus starts Istanbul-Stutgart 2x weekly

not bad not bad  Wink although i have doubts about how lccs are run in turkey, 99% of their managers are NON aviation, and it always shows later on...

A lot of new terminals, how are they doing?

i flew 5 legs yesterday shuttling from ankara and the new terminal and jetways were amazing, although they painted the taxi lines yellow and didn't tell us, so there are a few A321s and 737-400s with yellow nose wheels at the moment with our airline LOL
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

Beaucaire

Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:56 pm

Onur Air has ceased serving Nuremberg..
They seem to have dropped other airports in Germany as well. Why is that ?
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

TurkishWings

Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:10 pm

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 2):
Onur Air has ceased serving Nuremberg..
They seem to have dropped other airports in Germany as well. Why is that ?

Most probably because they are concentrating more on domestic routes. Onur Air doesn't have the best reputation in Europe but it has a good one in Turkey. They offer very competitive fares and people seem to like them.

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 1):
yes though not all 400s are leaving now, only about half of them, 14 aircraft will leave by the end of this month, and half of those are leased airbus aircraft, to be replaced by 12 new aircraft we have purchased in 2007 Smile

I am actually glad that they are leaving. I wish they all left.. They really are ageing... I think it's time for TK to get rid of all leased aircraft plus the 400 and have a very very young fleet.

Even though some might say it's early, I would like to see 340s phased out as well. Some of them are already 13 years old. Do you think it is worth spending millions to upgrade the interior of an aircraft who has reached that age?

I also believe TK needs larger aircraft like the 346. They could easily deploy them on PEK, BKK, NRT, JFK which are doing very well....

-TK signs preliminary protocol with Star Alliance Dec.9th.

I am very happy this is happening.. It's great news for TK and frequent fliers... Too bad it happens after I lost quite a few thousand LH miles though  Smile I read on the newspaper that TK would start codeshare flights with LH, SQ etc as early as 2007.

Now that TK is joining Star, one of whose member is AC, do you think the Canadians will finally allow us to fly YYZ-IST?

-How are the other carriers doing?

I think one of the most important achievements in Turkish aviation in recent years have been AtlasJet. They are a very good airline with a good fleet and service. I see minimal difference between KK and TK on domestic news. In the last few days, I have been receiving e-mails and SMS from them announcing their new 4 times daily (weekdays) flights to ESB. They are also adding Canakkale as their new destination. I didn't even know this city had an airport  Smile For those who do not know, Canakkale is the city where Gallipoli is located. Not too far from IST. They will be flying one of their CRJs 6 times a week. KK is doing a great job by serving these cities where TK has never had an interest whatsoever (Edremit, Tokat etc being other examples). God bless them. After I come back from the army in May, I will send them my CV. Yes, I am leaving for the army in 10 days.. I just took my exam yesterday  Wink Wish me luck...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

kiwiandrew

Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:01 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 3):
Now that TK is joining Star, one of whose member is AC, do you think the Canadians will finally allow us to fly YYZ-IST?

not necessarily . SQ has been in Star for years but from my understanding is still quite frustrated at the level of access they have to Canada .

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:01 am

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 1):
we really need to improve our long haul service, that's where the big bucks are!

Recently I saw the numbers on the N.American profits, and it is miniscule. I know we are only talking about a dozen of flights a week. Will it be too much to introduce a first class, or improving the business class will generate the same income?

Do you think it is worth spending millions to upgrade the interior of an aircraft who has reached that age?

340s are all paid for. They are the flagship and althogh $120mil to upgrade them seems a bit steep, they will be around for another at least 5 years.

They are also adding Canakkale as their new destination. I didn't even know this city had an airport

First flight was today:
http://www.airporthaber.com/hb/detay.php?id=10798

Wish me luck...

Good luck, keep us uptodate how it goes.

khi747

Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:53 am

I might just need to fly on TK from Brussels to Karachi via IST in desperation because Etihad in full in J class till 20/12/6 or something,although i have a EY ticket and i am on the waitlist for tuesdays flight,but there seems to be little hope.As a result i will be left with no option to buy one way ticket on Turkish.

Now both,BRU-IST and IST-KHI,are flown by B737-800 and being narrow bodies there is only so much one can expect in J class.My wife travelled on TK last year and she said on her flight they had turned Y seats to J as well by not letting anyone sit in the middle...but i think that was a one off.What should i expect in the J class of TK B738 and transit in IST if i dont make it on EY?

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:49 am

Quoting KHI747 (Reply 6):
Now both,BRU-IST and IST-KHI,are flown by B737-800 and being narrow bodies there is only so much one can expect in J class.My wife travelled on TK last year and she said on her flight they had turned Y seats to J as well by not letting anyone sit in the middle...but i think that was a one off.What should i expect in the J class of TK B738 and transit in IST if i dont make it on EY?

I think you will have a similar experience just like your wife's. Empty middle seat.
Transit in IST should be easy. Since you have couple of hours at IST you might get a chance to shop a bit. It will be too dark to do any spotting, but there will be lots of TK planes. Free wi-fi by the TKs club room.
Good luck with EY.

TurkishWings

Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:49 am

Quote:
My wife travelled on TK last year and she said on her flight they had turned Y seats to J as well by not letting anyone sit in the middle...but i think that was a one off.What should i expect in the J class of TK B738 and transit in IST if i dont make it on EY?

Unfortunately, TK uses 738 for IST-KHI. But the route is too thin to support a bigger aircraft. The comments of your wife is true about the seats... They do not allow anyone in the middle seat. The seat pitch is more generous on C class compared to Y. They put a tray in between the two seats... It also makes the seats a bit wider... There is no PTV just drop-off screens... They will show a couple of movies though...

Food is nice in J. I never flew to KHI but flew to TAS which is similar in length. I believe you will only get one meal if they haven't changed things in the last 5 years. Free drinks througout the flight plus snacks.. The drink list is quite diverse and the wine is good.

The new lounge at IST is quite nice too... You would feel comfortable for a few hours.. There is also plenty of snacks and drinks... I think you will only have an hour waiting time so I don't think you will be able to use the lounge as it is located at the far end of the terminal.

In short, TK C class is not out of this world but it ain't bad either...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

khi747

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:28 am

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 8):
The comments of your wife is true about the seats... They do not allow anyone in the middle seat. The seat pitch is more generous on C class compared to Y. They put a tray in between the two seats... It also makes the seats a bit wider

Quoting TK787 (Reply 7):
I think you will have a similar experience just like your wife's. Empty middle seat.

Well first of all,many thanks for the info.But wait a minute,so you mean to say that on the B738 the J class seats are the same as Y class,they just dont allow anyone to sit in the middle?Its not going to be 2-2 in J and 3-3 in Y?If thats the case then i dont see the point of paying for Business class.Are both flights with same config (BRU-IST and IST-KHI)

What a paradox,one side i have a ticket on EY whose new J class puts most F classes to shame yet i would most likely have to travel on a B738 with Y class seats in J??  banghead 

Mind you i have always fancied flying on TK and i have great love for the nation,but i do like my flat bed and wide body comfort on long flights.

TurkishWings

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:42 am

Quoting KHI747 (Reply 9):
Well first of all,many thanks for the info.But wait a minute,so you mean to say that on the B738 the J class seats are the same as Y class,they just dont allow anyone to sit in the middle?Its not going to be 2-2 in J and 3-3 in Y?If thats the case then i dont see the point of paying for Business class.Are both flights with same config (BRU-IST and IST-KHI)

Exactly... When 738s were first delivered, they had 2+2 seating in J but it changed over time. Just like many (almost all) European carriers, it's 3+3 seating with a better seat pitch... KHI-IST and IST-BRU are the same configuration...

Mind you i have always fancied flying on TK and i have great love for the nation,but i do like my flat bed and wide body comfort on long flights.

Then TK is definetly NOT your cup of tea...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

LAXintl

Mon Dec 04, 2006 6:57 am

TK's narrow body business class is similar to what LH, AF, BA, LX etc.. offer on their narrow bodies. Its a good and quite competitive product for the European market.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Irfan Caliskan

If you want a more intercontinental business class product then you need to try to catch the wide body fleet.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

Ultimately THY has a product that is generally well focused for its markets.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

khi747

Mon Dec 04, 2006 9:35 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 11):
TK's narrow body business class is similar to what LH, AF, BA, LX etc.. offer on their narrow bodies. Its a good and quite competitive product for the European market.

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 10):
When 738s were first delivered, they had 2+2 seating in J but it changed over time. Just like many (almost all) European carriers, it's 3+3 seating with a better seat pitch... KHI-IST and IST-BRU are the same configuration...

Oh God....thats just what i needed travelling with my wife,baby and mother in law!

stylo777

Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:46 pm

I need insider informations about Atlasjet regarding their fleet.

They had 2 CRJ701's for a short time. Are these aircrafts still in the fleet or did they already left? And if yes who is the new owner?

TC-OGM / CRJ701 / cn/ln 10028
TC-OGN / CRJ701 / cn/ln 10039

And what about their Boeing fleet? Which of these 5 B757's are currently in their fleet?

TC-OGB / B757-225 / cn/ln 22689/117
TC-OGD / B757-2G5 / cn/ln 24176/173
TC-OGG / B757-2G5 / cn/ln 23983/161
TC-OGH / B757-225 / cn/ln 22688/115
TC-OGS / B757-256 / cn/ln 29307/924

their webpage says that still 3 B757's are flying, one B757-200ER with a config of 219Y and 2 B757-200 with 200Y seats.

all informations are welcomed. thanks.

Thomas_Jaeger

Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:04 pm

TC-OGM/N are stored in Ljubljana.

TC-OGB is in Southend and will fly as G-LSAF with Jet2 soon. TC-OGD is already flying for Euroatlantic as CS-TLX for quite some time. TC-OGG/H/S are still with Atlasjet and TC-OGT is operated by Atlasjet on behalf of Ethiopian Airlines right now.
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

stylo777

Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:10 pm

Quoting Thomas_Jaeger (Reply 14):
TC-OGM/N are stored in Ljubljana.

TC-OGB is in Southend and will fly as G-LSAF with Jet2 soon. TC-OGD is already flying for Euroatlantic as CS-TLX for quite some time. TC-OGG/H/S are still with Atlasjet and TC-OGT is operated by Atlasjet on behalf of Ethiopian Airlines right now

THANKS alot! Are you working for KK or where are you informations from (if I may ask you Big grin )???

why are the two CRJs stored? I think KK could use them very well in these winter months. And they are now opening or already opened routes to regional airports like Canakkale and Tokat and Edremit...

Thomas_Jaeger

Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:29 am

They have returned the aircraft to the lessors shortly after the CRJ-900s were delivered. I got the information from my own database (it is publicly available on my website, see profile).
Swiss aviation news junkie living all over the place

stylo777

Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:54 am

Quoting Thomas_Jaeger (Reply 16):
They have returned the aircraft to the lessors shortly after the CRJ-900s were delivered. I got the information from my own database (it is publicly available on my website, see profile).

so you are the guy I got the monthly newsletter from! amazing.  i really love them 'cause they are full of interesting news. Everytime I read them I ask myself how do you get all these informations. well, I suppose this your own secret   you have all my respects Thomas!

[Edited 2006-12-04 17:54:55]

Aleksandar

Tue Dec 05, 2006 2:39 am

Thanks for sharing this news with us. Turkish aviation is getting more and more interesting.

About two weeks ago, I saw TK check-in desks at BEG and it seemed to me that there was a healthy demand for this service. Does anyone have more info on that. Interestingly, TK is already doing business with one of the biggest tour operators in Serbia (Kon Tiki) and carries their tourists both to Istanbul and to seaside resorts via IST during low season. It was a good move by TK.

Also, I was quite happy to see TK's in-flight magazine. It was the first one I saw after more than 15 years and it looks very good.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

stylo777

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:52 pm

Quoting Thomas_Jaeger (Reply 14):
TC-OGG/H/S are still with Atlasjet and TC-OGT is operated by Atlasjet on behalf of Ethiopian Airlines right now.

Yesterday while coming back from ADB I saw TC-OGG and TC-OGH standing at MNG Technic without engines as well as TK TC-JLE (A320) standing at TK Technic in all grey livery.

Beaucaire

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:16 pm

Without trying to look smart-assed,I predict that TK will migrate into a high-quality airline in some years.
They are quite good today ( with considerable room to improve ..) , have a young fleet,a huge domestic market and an expansive global strategy.
They should not yield to simple low-cost criteria but rather pull the service-level up -even if the cost of tickets might become a little higher.
Being part of Star is undoubtedly an asset and will help to re-define the hub-strategy.
Ultimately ESB will become a regional hub with more flights to the ME,Europe and Asia.I follow TK since some years in their development strategy and must admit they do the right things !
Don't worry about Turkey becoming or not memer of the EEC -it's not so important for Turkey as some pretend!
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

stylo777

Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:40 am

Quoting Beaucaire (Reply 20):
Without trying to look smart-assed,I predict that TK will migrate into a high-quality airline in some years.
They are quite good today ( with considerable room to improve ..) , have a young fleet,a huge domestic market and an expansive global strategy.
They should not yield to simple low-cost criteria but rather pull the service-level up -even if the cost of tickets might become a little higher.
Being part of Star is undoubtedly an asset and will help to re-define the hub-strategy.
Ultimately ESB will become a regional hub with more flights to the ME,Europe and Asia.I follow TK since some years in their development strategy and must admit they do the right things !
Don't worry about Turkey becoming or not memer of the EEC -it's not so important for Turkey as some pretend!

I totally agree with you and have to add that they sacrifice a camel for the leave of their RJ100 out of the fleet Big grin

A388

Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:35 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 17):
well, I suppose this your own secret you have all my respects Thomas!

I second that, you have a great website Thomas! You have my respect as well.

A388

stylo777

Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:37 pm

IzAir will lunch three weekly flights between Izmir (ADB) and Balikesir (BZI) starting on January 15. The schedules look like this:

BZI-ADB 06:00
ADB-BZI 22:15

All flights are operated with A319 and I suppose in behalf of Pegasus Airlines.

FYI: BZI is located between Izmir and Istanbul/Bursa. The airport was closed for air-traffic in 2001 and is used as airbase for Turkish army.

IzAir is growing very fast.......

bahadir

Thu Dec 14, 2006 5:20 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 23):
IzAir will lunch three weekly flights between Izmir (ADB) and Balikesir (BZI) starting on January 15. The schedules look like this:

BZI-ADB 06:00
ADB-BZI 22:15

All flights are operated with A319 and I suppose in behalf of Pegasus Airlines.

Am I missing something here? Why connect to ADB insread of SAW or IST? Is there such a demand to to fly between Balikesir and Izmir; yet alone with an A319?
Earthbound misfit I

stylo777

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:42 am

Quoting Bahadir (Reply 24):
Am I missing something here? Why connect to ADB insread of SAW or IST? Is there such a demand to to fly between Balikesir and Izmir; yet alone with an A319?

I am asking me the same question Bahadir... It makes more sense to fly SAW-IST-ESB, but anyway...
The article said that they will be very quick connections to IST and ESB (under 60minutes).

CRJ900

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:57 pm

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 13):
They had 2 CRJ701's for a short time.

Quoting Thomas_Jaeger (Reply 16):
They have returned the aircraft to the lessors shortly after the CRJ-900s were delivered.

Are 70 seats not enough to earn money when flying them or were lease rates too high? I would have thought that the CRJ700s would be useful for airports with short runways. Posters on A.net have written that AtlasJet are struggling financially and cannot take any of the 7 x CRJ900 they have on option, so I would think the CRJ700s would come in handy...?

If they are stored at Bombardier's/Adria's CRJ-mx centre in Ljubljana with no takers, KK ought to be able to lease them back at attractive rates...?
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

bahadir

Fri Dec 15, 2006 2:00 am

Quoting CRJ900 (Reply 26):
f they are stored at Bombardier's/Adria's CRJ-mx centre in Ljubljana with no takers, KK ought to be able to lease them back at attractive rates...?

KK has never been smart about making good leasing decisions. One of the reasons 2 additional A319s were not taken by THY was because KK signed a very expensive contract for those birds.
Earthbound misfit I

stylo777

Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:32 am

Sivas (VAS) airport will re-open tomorow for civil aviation after shut down in spring this year for renovation works. Turkeys longest runway is located at this airport. Actually only TK connects this airport to IST four times a week, but other airlines are eying on that.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:33 pm

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 28):
Turkeys longest runway is located at this airport.

Do we know the reason for that?

Anymore news on Atlas trying to get some long haul planes? Or let me put it this way, which airline in Turkey will be first to challenge TK on its N.America or Asia routes?

stylo777

Sat Dec 16, 2006 6:10 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 29):
Anymore news on Atlas trying to get some long haul planes? Or let me put it this way, which airline in Turkey will be first to challenge TK on its N.America or Asia routes?

they are phasing their B757 and want to establish an all Airbus/Canadair fleet. So no ambitions for a longhaul fleet as well as serving N.America. If KK won't do that, than I think none of the existing Turkish carriers could do this.

Do we know the reason for that?

I don't know exactly probably because of the Turkish army?

LAXintl

Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:08 am

Anymore news on Atlas trying to get some long haul planes?

I would say KK's long haul plans are dead primarily due to the carriers ownership change and re-focus on domestic routes instead.

KK was within weeks (almost exactly a year ago) of signing for a pair of A340s that would be leased to serve the US(EWR/BOS) and Thailand from Turkey. The announcement that German Oger Tours was selling its stake in the carrier caused such plans to be shelved as the new majority owners did not wish to embark in such ventures and instead preferred the carrier to develop domestic services and brand.

I dont see any of the other Turkish passenger airlines venturing into long haul services at the moment. Cargo on the other hand is a little different with both MNG and Kuzu having crossed the Atlantic on regular charters.

In the mean time, I would say THY's entry into Star will see both it and other member airlines provide additional long haul services to IST.

ThereandBack

Sun Dec 17, 2006 5:46 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 31):
In the mean time, I would say THY's entry into Star will see both it and other member airlines provide additional long haul services to IST.

With all the new planes arriving in TK's fleet and more flights coming into IST with the entry into Star Alliance do you think IST will need a new terminal or an entirely new airport with a large capacity to handle the increase in traffic?

LAXintl

Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:03 am

IST problems have less to do with terminal issues than runway/ATC capacity limitations.

However THY recognizes this and is planning growth on IST bypass markets primarily from ESB and ADB.

In addition due to slot limitations at IST, more and more operators are making use of SAW including CIS operators and LCCs such as Easyjet and GermanWings. SAW is also working hard on attracting cargo operators having built large facilities and establishment of a free trade zone.

TK787
Topic Author

Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:28 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 31):

I saw recently that LH and TK singed some kind of an agreement just after the Star Protocol meeting in IST, any details? What it was about?

LAXintl

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:24 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 34):
any details? What it was about?

An initial code-share effective with the upcoming summer timetable.

stylo777

Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:20 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 35):

On all Germany-Turkey routes or just a few of them?

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:34 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 35):

That is pretty soon. Would this effectively kill the AA codeshare on JFK flights, when can we expect that to happen?
Thanks

stylo777

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:27 am

TK is looking for direct scheduled flights from AYT to UK and Russia. Is there a demand for that the whole year???

Quoting TK787 (Reply 37):
Would this effectively kill the AA codeshare on JFK flights

I don't think so. LH as well has a code for example with QR on FRA-DOH eventhough QR doesn't belong to Star.
Another point is ORD. With UA and TK we could probably see more frequencies on this route.

LAXintl

Tue Dec 19, 2006 2:52 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 36):
On all Germany-Turkey routes or just a few of them?

The initial codeshare starting summer 2007, allows THY to list its flight code on LH services primrily to Western Europe, Canada and the US including ATL, BOS, CLT, DEN, DFW, DTW, IAD, IAH LAX, MIA, PHL, PDX and SFO.

In return LH will list its code to many TK domestic destinations plus TK services to DAM, DYU, FRU, KHI, TAS and TBZ.

Frequent Flyer accrual between LH & TK will also be effective with the Summer schedule.

Quoting TK787 (Reply 37):
That is pretty soon. Would this effectively kill the AA codeshare on JFK flights, when can we expect that to happen?
Thanks

Yes expect the divorce papers to be served soon, however like Swiss its likely TK will have dual partnerships with both AA & Star for a short while as the contracts overlap.

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 38):
TK is looking for direct scheduled flights from AYT to UK and Russia. Is there a demand for that the whole year???

Yes particularly to the CIS. I dont know what the final 2006 statistics will look like, however arrivals in AYT from CIS countries are likely to make them the largest single group.

Also keep in mind, THY does not need to service such routes itself. With 50% ownership in SunExpress, THY can position the carrier to successfully serve many such primarily leisure markets.

Humberside

Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:15 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 38):

AYT is growing in popularity from the UK as a winter destination. Thers not a lot of demand but maybe enough for 1/2 flights a week
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:59 am

About AYT, there was news yesterday that 1200 soccer teams from Turkey and Europe will be there for their spring training. (Turkey's own Florida).

stylo777

Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:06 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 41):
About AYT, there was news yesterday that 1200 soccer teams from Turkey and Europe will be there for their spring training. (Turkey's own Florida).

yes that could be right, because in my times as the striker of my soccer team we did a trainings camp in Nov/Dez many years ago Big grin There are a lot of good soccer grounds.

stylo777

Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:42 pm

IzAir (Izmir based airline) and Germany based Turkish tour operator Oeger Türk Tour have signed an agreement for flights (most probably charter flights) between Turkey and Germany.

I ask myself how IzAir could do this all? They open new routes every month, fly a lot of routes on behalf of Pegasus and now start international operations. The fact is that they operate with just 3 A319s  Smile

gokmengs

Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:36 pm

Guys I started a thread about this question before but no one replied. What will happen to all the junk ac at IST? All that BEA and others thats just sitting there its such an eye sore. I mean IST is the entry point to Turkey, it just looks ugly to have it look like the a ac storage place in the desert. Anyone has any info. Thanks
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

stylo777

Thu Dec 21, 2006 2:12 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 44):
Guys I started a thread about this question before but no one replied. What will happen to all the junk ac at IST? All that BEA and others thats just sitting there its such an eye sore. I mean IST is the entry point to Turkey, it just looks ugly to have it look like the a ac storage place in the desert. Anyone has any info. Thanks

I've seen photos of this aircrafts with only one forward gear and without engines and so on. I suppose they use them as "spare part stockroom" for all these A300s flying around Turkey. What about the ownber BEA? Is this company still active or what happened to them?

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:41 am

http://www.airporthaber.com/hb/detay.php?id=11275

Flyme starts flights to SAW starting april from Sweden?
SAW is going to get very busy soon with all these LCC''s.

wing

Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:45 pm

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 43):
The fact is that they operate with just 3 A319s

IzAir is planning to buy at least 2 A320's,probably the two ex-THY 320's.This company is my dream company as I am from Ýzmir,I hope they become a strong enough for a pilot to retire from and maybe who knows in the future our roads may cross...

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 44):
Guys I started a thread about this question before but no one replied. What will happen to all the junk ac at IST?

I was thinking the same a few days ago.As the expansion of THY and other companies there is already limited parking space in IST and these junk planes are wasted very valuable parking areas with their existance.

Parking fees for many of them already is more than the airframe itself,so the bankrupped owners are in no intention of taking them back,thats the main problem.The BEA birds as I know has some sort of a court going on so they will have to wait untilthe court is over and you all know how slow the Turkish justice system is.

One of the A300s(ex Air Alfa) plane is being braked up outside of the airport perimeters(inside the Oto Sanayii) -for those familiar with the area-Its really strange look to see cars parked under the giant A300 with no wings.I will take a phote of that to show it.
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

bahadir

Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:38 am

Quoting Wing (Reply 47):
This company is my dream company as I am from Ýzmir,I hope they become a strong enough for a pilot to retire from and maybe who knows in the future our roads may cross...

I wouldn't hold my breath about it. The survival ratio of the turkish private carriers since the formation private airlines is not that high. PGT is the oldest one by far. If it wasn't for the PGT codeshare IzAir was still paying high leasing rates for those A319s.

I have family from Izmir too. I wouldn't mind getting out of IST's bad traffic, high cost of living too.. but so far i am landlocked in SEA  Smile
Earthbound misfit I

TurkishSky

Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:51 am

I thought Onur Air was the oldest.
Flown 0B 4I 9U A3 AA AB AF AZ BA BD BR CA CU CX EI EK FR HV JK JP JU KK KL KM LH LX MA ME MS NG OA OK QR OS RJ RO SA SK SQ SR SU UA VY YM

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos