elmothehobo

RE: Kids In First/Biz Class...never Understand

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:32 am

Kids that act up in public after the age of four were badly raised. OTOH if their parents paid for them to fly up front there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed to fly up there.

I've seen more "grown-ups" act like jackasses in flight than kids though.

While I'm sure that it's probably considered to be bad parenting, my parents used a light sleeping pill on my little bro when we flew (back when we were ExPats flying on company F/J tickets). It shut him up quick and he'd sleep through the whole flight across the pond.

There are these great things that they give out in J called ear plugs. Great way to ignore the badly-raised kids.

PanAmOldDC8

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:40 am

Quoting SQ452 (Thread starter):
Anybody encounter this and think there is something terribly wrong with it that the airlines should start doing something??? Or is it mostly the parents responsibility to keep the kids under control??? Thoughts, comments suggestions...not saying ban kids from F & J class, but just throwing it out there. i'll be on for a few more hours (still have a ways to go)

What don't you like kids. Mine travelled with me, whereever I went. Are you suggesting that kids don't belong in Biz class or First. If the parents can afford to have them there, why not? That is discrimation at it's highest. If the airlines stopped that they would fly empty
Get over it and grow up
Barbados, CWC soon, can't wait

SkyvanMan

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:43 am

I have been flying since I was a child on international flights we almost always have flown in first or business. I don't know if I was an annoyance at the moment just like many kids don't know. I think that children and babies (there should be a n age minimum though) have the same right to fly as anyone else.
I have been on flights with younger children and babies and have found that most of the time children are kept under control of their parents but taht parent's often seem to not know to handle younger babies. This is not always the case though, I remember when I went to Australia there was a couple with their daughter who was about a year old. I never once got annoyed or heard the baby cry the whole 16+ hour flight from LAX to Sydney. However I have been on planes where the opposite is the case too but I just try to deal with it. I think that the most important thing is for the parents to be prepared and be able to control their children. Airlines should educate parents about methods to control children. I think that one thing the airlines should consider doing though is that where there are smaller sized cabins (like on UA's 777 there is a mini cabin with just a few rows that is in front of the main business class cabin and behind the first class cabin) put families that are travelling with younger children in that class of service in that cabin. One thing that I woukld eliminate is the bayonette at the front of cabins. Instead airlines should put bulkheads in to all classes where possible and create a section for families with children. I think that children have a full right to sit wherever they have a purchased ticket, and I understand that not all children are annoying but I think that to avoid having problems with other pax that there should be a consolidation of baby areas on larger aircraft. Also airlines should do like KLM and Qantas and invest a few bucks into a little fun pacakge that children get so that they are entertained in flight. United used to do this when I was in elementary school I remember getting toyso n the plane (i still have them) and It seems tehy have discontinued this. I blieve that if the possibly annoying ages and their families are put into a section that is seperated or are entertained the impact can be minimized. I am offering my opinion on two possible solutions that I have come up with but I definitely do not believe that children should be excluded from carriage in certain classes.
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

RiddlePilot215

Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:50 am

The thing I dont get is why airlines really have not developed a policy yet. I know some people in F and J class can get annoyed by it (myself included) but what does everyone else feel?

If their parents are willing to pay the premium to have their entire family site in premium class....Then they have an equal right to that same space as you do. No matter how rambunctious they may be.....

The behavior of the children should be determined by the parents....not you.  Smile
God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good.

gigneil

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:00 am

Nobody has a Constitutional right or any other kind of right to any sort of service that's not offered by their government.

Companies reserve the right to refuse service or type of service to anyone as long as that person is not a protected status. Airlines could set the policy no kids allowed, no problem.

I don't think they should, but there should absolutely be restrictions.

NS

fbgdavidson

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:34 am

I don't think I've ever replied to this subject on this forum before...

Frankly I think noisy kids are a pain, whether they be in J, F or Y. I also happen to think noisy adults are a pain, whether they be in J, F or Y.  Wink I think the key with young children is to make sure they are well looked after. I flew on BA recently in J and during the boarding process a mother and three children boarded. They'd obviously done this many times and knew the routine down pat. The mother was in the aisle seat with the two youngest kids in the middle rear facing seats against the bulkhead with the elder sister (in her early teens I suspect) on the other side of the aisle. The mother had some toys and books to keep the youngest one happy and they never made a sound  thumbsup 

On the other hand I've had one particularly miserable flight in Y. Was a last minute emergency trip and I wasn't in the best of moods when I boarded. I'd been given a seat up against the bulkhead on a 747. There were a legion of kids in D-G who stayed up all night screaming and running up and down the aisles. I arrived a wreck. Tired, emotional, hungry pissed off and upset!!!

Sure crying babies can be annoying but then are so many inevitable things in life...traffic, taxes etc. If a parent has a 'couldn't give a shit' attitude towards their crying baby that is a different matter. The problem is in the hands of the parent and not the child.

Quoting SQ452 (Reply 12):
I think what I'd also wonder is why sometimes parents would fork out so much for the kids to sit in F or J. I can understand the parents want the comfort but, sometimes it could even be cheaper to pay for econ and have a family friend or nanny look after them, would probably save a lot of $$$

And then have the nanny and kids popping up to see Mummy and Daddy every 15mins. Great!

Quoting LH526 (Reply 20):
What I can't stand are those poeple who get send arund the globe by their comp. and care a shit how they behave or look on C. wearing Sneakers and t-shirts.

As JGPH1A once said, 'Dress codes went down with the Hindenberg'. He is absolutely right. I tend to fly in button up shirt and khakis as I find them more comfortable than jeans, and in the international F lounges I often feel overdressed. Any airline worth it's salt now provides pyjamas once onboard. Leave the Brioni suits at home...or in the garment bag  Wink

FWIW, I have travelled on overnight flights in J wearing a T-shirt, shorts and flip-flops. The only people who treated me anything other than exemplory were the Y passengers who accused of me trying to jump into the premium lines!

Dress codes is another discussion altogether.

Quoting Jasond (Reply 2):
That's not the fault of the kids, its the fault of the parents.

thumbsup  Read my point about the well behaved children.

Quoting Bongodog1964 (Reply 26):
I do think its ironic though that a few posters have mentioned what they expect after spending "their money" on a business class seat; I do wonder what proportion of business class travel is employer paid (or flyer miles accumulate via employer) and what proportion is personally paid for.

Actually the numbers of people flying and paying for premium cabins out of their own pocket is dramatically rising thanks to more affordable premium fares. Usually the people who make such comments fall into one of the following categories:
1) They never check the premium cabin prices because they believe they are too expensive anyways.
2) They've saved up for years, frequent flyer miles or cash, for the opportunity to fly premium cabin and think they've finally 'made it' in life.
3) Middle management who get to fly J and as such treat everyone else around them like dirt...because they've made it.
[/sterotype]

Quoting Kiramakora (Reply 53):
Very well said. I think unruly kids are the responsibility of the parents. The class of service does not matter.

Quite right.  thumbsup  I think the only difference is that with a Y cabin there are perhaps 120 seats so the chances of sitting with a young child are higher than say an F cabin with 12 seats. When the odds go against you it rubs people the wrong way.

I certainly think it is wrong to say F passengers get really angry with babies whilst Y passengers are happy to sit with a screamin child for a 22hr flight from London to Sydney!
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

ual757

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:03 am

What? Someone gonna' try an kick me out of first class. I'd like to see them try!  bigmouth 

Kids have every right to fly first class! Nobody has ever tried to kick or move me out of first, but people do complain about me! What's the big deal, I'm quiet!  hissyfit 

UAL757

767Lover

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:31 am

It's a tough debate, because:

Quoting BlueFlyer (Reply 96):
(and I better look rested and professional when I do get to said meeting)

This is exactly the reason many companies put employees in first class to begin with. It's not so much to pamper the employee but ensure that they arrive in a presentable fashion to conduct business shortly after arrival. A friend of mine was only allowed to fly first on a transatlantic flight if she scheduled the business meeting the morning of arrival.

If my company shelled out $13K for a ticket and I couldn't sleep because of a rambunctious kid, I'd be really pissed.

In reference to the argument that there are drunk adults, etc.: True, but then again there is also the flexibility to institute consequences to an adult that gets really out of hand. Whereas with a kid, the cabin crew can't really have direct influence over the child.

But what is being done when the parents (purposely) ignore the point across?

On a recent transatlantic, I was in coach, and a lady with a baby that looked to be about walking age was in the center section in my row.

She allowed the child to bounce on the tray table. The flight attendant said, "Please don't let him do that. He may get hurt and he'll probably break the table."

The woman completely ignored the request and the child continued.

FL370

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:51 am

i fly first/business all the time and im 19, but its been that way since i was 5. i don't find anything wrong with kids flying in first/business, its like saying "oh he/she is a kid, they don't need all that comfort, so just put them in coach" they diserve what we diserve,

i don't want to be mean, but if you don't like it than don't fly because as long as airlines offer first/business/premium coach/coach, there are going to be people of all ages flying in first/business/etc...

try asking yourself this, if you had a kid, wouldn't you like your kids to be comfortable? would you put your kid in coach while you enjoy fine wines and such in first?

so overall, you just gotta be a grown up, and suck it up.

fl370

EWRCabincrew

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:00 am

But what is being done when the parents (purposely) ignore the point across? Twice on Continental have I seen parents being strongly warned repeatedly about the behavior of their kids (one of the two occurrences in coach, by the way), twice have I seen the parents ignore the repeated warnings and calmly walk off the plane at the end of the flight. Incidentally, on the second occasion, the mother was so tired/wasted that she ignored repeated instructions to sit her brat down and fasten his seatbelt, and as a result the child bumped his head on the armrest when the plane hit the runway (I actually wished bodily harm upon her just for that).

I have on my side, size. I am 6 feet tall, 240 pounds and have a big beard (mountain man-ish for the winter, yet still neat for professionalism reasons) and very short cropped hair. I have stern covered. It can be kind of intimidating to have me show up in a scowl.

Also, I can bring it down to brass tacks and just lay it on the line how it is and how it needs to be. Sometimes embellishing a little helps get the point across and drives the point home. That and talk to the kids like they are serious trouble with guys bigger than me when we get there.

PS: Not a dig at CO, I fly CO more than any other carrier, usually to my satisfaction.

I know it wasn't a dig and thank you for your patronage. Maybe I will get the pleasure of having you onboard one of my flights.

Cheers,

Bill
You can't cure stupid

TPEcanuck

Thu Dec 07, 2006 11:14 am

The thing I dont get is why airlines really have not developed a policy yet. I know some people in F and J class can get annoyed by it (myself included) but what does everyone else feel?

Kids are different, and even well-behaved kids act differently than well-behaved adults. In my view, well-behaved adults ought to be tolerant of these differences.

Quite frankly, if you don't like children in F or J, your option is to charter/buy your own personal jet. The children have just as much right as you do to be there, and while it's true that some children act outrageously, this is equally true about some adults!

I fly with my family (8-month infant) in Business all the time.
Darren

aeroperu

Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:54 pm

It's all up to how the kids are brought up and how they are allowed to behave. I'm a Continental Presidents Club member travel extensively for business. When I travel with my family, I take my family (my son has been in the clubs since he was 4 months old and is now 3 1/2) into the club to relax before the flights and during layovers. He loves to sit there with me, eat pretzels and cookies, and stare at the planes out the windows. He is much better behaved than half the folks in the club (grown ups in business suits) and I usually get compliments from folks around me. When we flew and he was lap child age, he went on the lap. Whether we were flying to Peru in business class or in coach.....never had a problem....so long story short, yes, I would have a problem if any age limit was implemented.

Anyway, what is a good to allow them in first or business?
Prohibited: 1 month old - 7 years old
Allowed: 7 years 1 month - 12 years 11 months
Prohibited: 13 years - 18 years
Alas peruanas en los cielos del mundo....

jafa39

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:19 pm

Quoting HiJazzey (Reply 1):
I don't agree with that. Kids have as much right to comfort and premium service as anyone else. And a policy along that line is a slippery slope, the next step would be not allowing people dressed casually. That would be hell for me, because I'll be damned if I'm forced to sit for 11 hours in a suit.

Agreed, well said!

Quoting Cgnnrw (Reply 10):
Well why should econ passengers have to put up unruly kids? I sometimes get annoyed at the attitude of biz/first passengers have that all econ passengers are flying on "dirt-cheap" fares and therefore aren't entitled to a relaxing flight.

I think kids running around is just what they do, they have excess energy to burn off and different sleep patterns, can't expect to go through life with no exposure to the realities of kids and people.

Rather have a kid running about than listen to some platinum FF moaning because no-one offered him champagne in the last 20 mins or (horror of horrors!) he was expected to walk up to the bar for a drink!!!

Quoting InitRef (Reply 11):
I've seen and heard more badly behaved adults in F/J than kids.

How true, you know, if i see kids running about or giving their parents a hrad time i try to talk to them, distract them....it has one of two effects, the kid shuts up and enages with you or...the parents grab him to their bosom and keep him out of the way of the baldy "pervert"....either way, problem solved  Wink
We, the undersigned, do hereby consent.....

dukebluedevil

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:20 pm

I have been flying F or J since I can remember, and I am 22. My parents always kept us quiet, but as far as airlines banning children from premium service, this would be ridiculous. Most adults who fly F or J recognize the luxury product being offered, and moreso, they recognize that the other passengers are paying top dollar to be sitting there. Thus, they do generally keep their children under control.

aa757first

Thu Dec 07, 2006 1:51 pm

Look it from the airline's point of view. Someone wants to spend $1,800 on an airline ticket. Do I accept the offer or tell them to buy a cheaper ticket in economy?

Quoting SJCRRPAX (Reply 64):
I think parents should try to avoid flying with Kids. KIds really don't enjoy those long trips. It's like taking a baby to Disneyland, they get nothing out of it. I know that sometimes it can't be avoided, like when the family is moving from one country to the next, but for the most part I think these trips are unnecessary.

Um, what happens when you're going to visit relatives in MIA? Or when you want to show your kids the Smithsonian in DCA? Or you just want to go to Disney World with your eight year old? What's your proposition?

Quoting SJCRRPAX (Reply 64):
I never let my kids fly until they were 16 and 18 years old.

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 67):

Had you allowed them to fly at a younger age, they may not have acted like 3-year olds instead of 16 and 18-year olds.

Exactly what I was thinking.

AAndrew

Spark

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:08 pm

I completely understand the issue that people have with kids on plane, especially after enduring an 22 hour flight from SFO to SIN (in coach, you'll see why later), and I swear there were about 10 babies in our cabin who took tag team crying. I kept thinking "I swear that kid can't cry for much longer," and sure enough he would stop, but his buddy two rows back would start (I think they planned the shifts before take off).
However, it isn't fair to complain. Most of the passengers on my flight were Indian expatriots returning to India for some vacation. Having been a young traveller growing up, I understand (although I was a wonderful traveller who was better behaved than most adults- and better on an airplane than at home).
As a Special Education teacher (the reason I fly Y), I can think of one logical reason that parents may choose to pay for a J class seat for the child. Some kids do have special needs (most people would understand if a kid was obviously disabled, but not if the child has a hidden disability). These children are VERY sensitive to their environment, and while I may be able to handle having my knees stuffed into my chest with a screaming 3 year-old for 8 hours, but an that may cause an autistic child to have a meltdown. Parents of these children will do ANYTHING to avoid a meltdown (it is not fun, trust me), and choose to pay the extra money for J, or if lucky F, in the hope more comfort may stave off a meltdown.
These parents are not uncaring individuals, who don't care that their child maybe causing other people lack of sleep. They've just gotten to the point that they will do anything for their child.

SJCRRPAX

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:12 pm

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 115):
Um, what happens when you're going to visit relatives in MIA? Or when you want to show your kids the Smithsonian in DCA? Or you just want to go to Disney World with your eight year old? What's your proposition?

Actually, I was thinking about International travel as that is how this thread started. I see very little reason to send an American Kid off to Europe. As far as domestic travel in the U.S., I think adult PAX's need to get a grip on themselves. Domestic travel is normally only a couple of hours long, I never could figure out why people worried about losing a couple of hours of sleep.

Quoting Aa757first (Reply 115):
Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 67):

Had you allowed them to fly at a younger age, they may not have acted like 3-year olds instead of 16 and 18-year olds.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Ok, I admit it I was just joking around here, my kids have always been well behaved. Sure, they teased the BA FA's a little, but they are pretty good at reading people so they know who they can tease and who they can't.

But the other point I like to make in seriousness is sometimes kids misbehave and there is not a dam thing the parent can do about it. They have their own minds and they really are totally independent beings. Unless you have a kid like that you will just think the parents are bad. My daughter up until she was about 12 would have temper tantrums. If she got tired she would "zone out". I can't describe it, but it would almost be like a demon would take over her mind. Any act to discipline her would only make matters worse. I kept her off of planes until she out grew that problem.

tak

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:23 pm

Hmmm, perhaps men with a BMI greater than 30 should be banned from first class or business class because there is a greater likelyhood that they will snore due to obstructive sleep apnea and bother the passangers around them... Not practical eh? Probably the same goes for restricting kids where they will travel. I am sure everyone has had the seatmate from hell on their flight. Maybe because they are loud, drunk, smell or various other reasons. But ultimately that is the luck of the draw. First class or business perhaps improves your odds of having a positive experience, but does not guarantee it! BTW, I agree with many people who have responded to this post that people should be more civil and of couse parents are ultimately responsible for their children. Happy flying no matter what class  Smile, Ciao

EmiratesCPH

Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:30 pm

This thread reminds me a case which appeared in the Danish court. A passenger who flew C/cl on TG CPHBKK wanted his money back as a child (also on business class) cried for hours throughout the flight.

He felt TG should compensate him as he did not get the product he paid for.

But he lost the case and were never compensated.
Fly Emirates

WildcatYXU

Thu Dec 07, 2006 3:42 pm

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 43):
Quoting Airways45 (Reply 16):
My suggestion would be to stop upgrades of children. Though I would like to stop children (especially babies) altogether I except this would never happen.

I assume you never plan to breed, then. Or will you 'banish' the child and the child's mother/nanny/paid parent to Y class just so you can travel in F without interruption?

I highly doubt he ever will. A person capable of reply # 16 most likely wouldn't be able to get laid without paying for it. And that, as some of us know, is absolutely necessary if someone wish to breed.

Quoting Airways45 (Reply 16):
When I'm paying $6000 for a ticket I do this for a few reasons.

Dude, do you own your business? If not, you're paying didley squat. BTW, probably that's the truth about a majority of F and C travellers. The company owners pay, not them. Hell, I know some dudes (coincidentally form UK) who happily travelled in J as employees. Once they had theyr own business, the cheapest Y was more than enough.
310, 319, 320, 321, 321N, 332, 333, 343, 345, 346, 732, 735, 73G, 738, 744, 752, 762, 763, 77L, 77W, 788, AT4, AT7, BEH, CR2, CRA, CR9, DH1, DH3, DH4, E45, E75, E90, E95, F28, F50, F100, MD82, Saab 340, YAK40

Chi-town

Thu Dec 07, 2006 4:38 pm

More money for the airline for the little buggers to sit first class

baw716

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:07 pm

I'll keep this simple.

Those of you who are whining about kids in J and F, you really need to get over yourselves. Use the earplugs and eyeshades they give you and go to sleep!

Anyone, and I mean anyone who has the means to fork over the kind of money necessary to take their kids along in F or J should be welcome on an airline any day. Of course, parents should be responsible enough to keep their kids in check, but if not, then kids are paying passengers too, so the cabin crew had better do their part to keep everyone happy (which they do in most cases).

I have flown the world with my son from the time he was 10 days old. First long haul flight at 1 1/2 years old...absolute angel. He is now 13 and is a proper gentleman on an aircraft. When he was small, the crews absolutely loved him. Now, he's an average teenager...except onboard an aircraft. Then he is more well behaved then some adults I know.

baw716
David L. Lamb, fmr Area Mgr Alitalia SFO 1998-2002, fmr Regional Analyst SFO-UAL 1992-1998

Rotate

Thu Dec 07, 2006 5:51 pm

Quoting OHLHD (Reply 97):
Quoting Rotate (Reply 4):
Just flew with my daughter and wife F-class from ZRH to DXB on EK, everything went smooth

Do you pay Full Fare for your daughter on EK. AFAIK they do not sell CHD-tickets on EK.

She turned 2 years as of beginning of Decemeber, so we did not have to pay for her this October .... - Lucky.

Robin
ABC

cumulus

Thu Dec 07, 2006 6:22 pm

Irrespective of if you've paid £50.00 to fly "cattle class" or £5000 to be in First, it's a public place and not exempt from "undue" noise.

If it bothers you, discreetly ask the FA to have a word. They've seen it all before and normally have very subtle and effective ways of dealing with it.
What Goes Up Must Come Down, Hopefully In One Piece!

Bongodog1964

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:03 pm

Quoting SJCRRPAX (Reply 116):
Actually, I was thinking about International travel as that is how this thread started. I see very little reason to send an American Kid off to Europe.

Why ? I can think of a few reasons, including visiting relatives and for holidays.

kmh1956

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:00 pm

Quoting SJCRRPAX (Reply 116):
I see very little reason to send an American Kid off to Europe.

Perhaps as a learning experience? Travel broadens the mind, and it would do a lot of kids good to be able to travel overseas to experience life elsewhere.
'Somebody tell me why I'm on my own if there's a soulmate for everyone' :Natasha Bedingfield

1stfl94

Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:35 pm

Kids can be a pain but it's usually due to the parents. I was flying LHR-IAD-LHR on BA and on the flight out I was in World Traveller Plus and there was a couple with a young baby in the front row. The baby did cry but they had bought along things to keep it occupied, plus the cabin crew also helped out. Coming back, this time in standard World Traveller I was in front of a mother and two boys who decided to spend half the time kicking my seatback. Eventually I turned around and asked their mum to get to stop kicking my seat as my back was hurting and her reaction was
'They'll be the next Beckham'
At which point she picked up a magazine and started looking at that. As the flight wasn't full I decided to go and grab another seat to avoid the idiot mother.

Maybe we should have parenting tests to see whether they are allowed onboard as they're the ones who basically decide whether the kid is going to be good or not.

SJCRRPAX

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:25 am

Quoting Kmh1956 (Reply 125):
Perhaps as a learning experience? Travel broadens the mind, and it would do a lot of kids good to be able to travel overseas to experience life elsewhere.

I agree except I think it can be done when they are older, certainly babies really get nothing out of flying overseas. I sent my daughter to Spain when she was 16 to go to Spanish school for a summer, and when she was 18 the family went on a quinessential American European trip (you know, Rome, London, Paris). I think she got a lot more out of it by doing it at that age than if she had been 6 and 8. Of course I am biased here, I don't have enough money to do that every year, so I need to choose my trips carefully and maximize the value of the trip.

AS far as taking kids over to see relatives, great if they are well behaved and you know that, but I really think that taking babies on a 22 hour trip should be avoided (like the trip one of the posters was on) and for the most part are totally unnecessary. I think the majority of the complaints are about kids younger than 8.

[Edited 2006-12-07 16:28:07]

YYCowboy

Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:05 am

If only you could put velcro on the seats of their pants and get them to suck on a Neo Citron popsicle to knock them out. Well behaved children can be quite entertaining on a long flight.
Its hard to soar like an eagle when you're flying with turkeys

SJCRRPAX

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:09 am

I was re-reading my posts, and to me it sounds like I might be complaining about kids personally, so I want to clear something up. I have never been bothered by the behavior of any PAX on any flight I have ever been on, regardless of age, weight, nationality, etc. I have a very high tolerance for noise, being kicked in the back, kids running in isle etc. In fact the only time I got really angry on a flight, and I was really angry, but I kept my cool and didn't punch the guy out, was when one time after the FA had made sure that the overhead bin was securely latched, a yahoo opened the overhead, took something out and did not relatch it properly. Shortly after take off a suitcase fell out as the plane banked and nearly hit me square in the head (luckily my seat took most of the blow) Nothing I hate more than getting hit in the heat unexpectedly out of the blue. I'm not sure what kept me from going into a rage, but I gave the guy a dirty look the entire flight.... (well thats my bad pax story)

below

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:19 am

Ban kids from Business and First? What an excellent idea!

But why stop there?

* Ban fat people from coach

* Ban snoring people from Business and First

* Ban people who chat me up with BS entirely

Any more idea? At the end of the day we will have everybody banned from the plane, I am sure.

My kid travells with me. Period. And if I want to Business Class, the kid goes business class. That simple.

The first time I travelled business class (JFK-FRA) was at age 16, my brother was 11 and my sister was 6. It was great. And for the record, I think we were very well behaved if I recall.

Alex

rootsair

Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:24 am

Become more tolerant! That 's all I can tell you ! Kids are great !
A man without the knowledge of his past history,culture and origins is like a tree without roots

kaukau

Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:06 am

I use earplugs and eye mask, and consider it my own responsibility to create a quiet, dark, environment for myself, whenever I want. Works great in hotel rooms, too.

USADreamliner

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:32 am

How dare people bring their kids in First class!?
We ( the rich, snobby and famous) don't deserve this! They should go in the back, with the poor and so not cool people, far away from my nice cashmere scarf, Prada shoes, Versace thong and my $2,000 champagne bottle!!!

Big grin  Wink  Big grin  Wink  Big grin  Wink  Big grin  Wink Thank you, thank you so much!!! Ha,ha,ha!

cusaeng

Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:46 am

put them in the hold ! send them down with the animals and the baggage then they have all the room they need to run around ... assuming cargo and baggage loads are not to high .....

ha ha!.

I think its fine for a family to travel together as long as they are well behaved.
the thing that really annoys myself and others are when the parents fly f or j and book the children in j or y.
I wanna fly but they wont let me :( grr

AEROFAN

Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:45 pm

for those of u who think it is ok to have your whining, screaming, kicking, misbehaving kids on board I ask you one thing. Where does your right end and other peoples' begin? Why should anyone have to put up with such behaviour? If you as a parent want to subject yourself to such - then good for you, but it is absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone else to tolerate it.

SJCRRPAX

Fri Dec 08, 2006 1:09 pm

Quoting Aerofan (Reply 135):
for those of u who think it is ok to have your whining, screaming, kicking, misbehaving kids on board I ask you one thing. Where does your right end and other peoples' begin? Why should anyone have to put up with such behaviour? If you as a parent want to subject yourself to such - then good for you, but it is absolutely ridiculous to expect anyone else to tolerate it.

YOu know it's funny, but in this thread I don't think there is a single parent that said they had whining, screaming, kicking, or misbehaving kids. I did admit that my older kids tried to tease the BA FA with the way they pronounced "Schedule", but that's about it -- everybody else had the best behaved kids in the world. How could you not love my future Beckham as he kicks your chair?  Smile

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos