sam1987
Topic Author

BD Drop Yet Another Route

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:39 pm

I see from the BD website that they are suspending all flights between MAN and TLS from the first week in January, this route being the only short haul international service BD offers from MAN.

Does anybody know any more information? Are BD going to offer a new route from MAN instead?

Presumambly they dropped this route because it wasn't profitable? I see LS begin MAN to TLS soon.
Next flights: LGW-LBA-LGW, LHR-SIN-SYD, SYD-BKK-LHR, LGW-GRO, GRO-CIA, CIA-MAD, MAD-LGW

MYT332

RE: BD Drop Yet Another Route

Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:45 pm

It was operated on a Regional ER4 though. Jet2 start on the route in April anyway.
One Life, Live it.

bmiexpat

Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:27 pm

This is old news. bmi no longer have the contract to shuttle Airbus employees to TLS which was the reason for operating the route in the first place.

With more E145s being delivered there are rumours of new routes ex MAN as well as from other bases.

sam1987
Topic Author

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Quoting Bmiexpat (Reply 2):
With more E145s being delivered there are rumours of new routes ex MAN as well as from other bases

Do you know where?
Next flights: LGW-LBA-LGW, LHR-SIN-SYD, SYD-BKK-LHR, LGW-GRO, GRO-CIA, CIA-MAD, MAD-LGW

Humberside

Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:56 pm

bmi are adding extra MAN-Scotland flights - perhaps the TLS rotation will moved to either GLA EDI or ABZ instead

Re new routes - EDI-ZRH has been rumoured - I think they have applied for slots to operate this route although this clearly doesn't mean they will operate the route, even if they get the slots
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

ScottishLaddie

Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:37 pm

Quoting Sam1987 (Reply 3):
Do you know where?

They have applied for slots for 2x daily EDI-MUC and 2x daily EDI-ZRH. MUC would be doubtful now that EZY are starting it, although LH may still push BD to operate it? Although I believe that they were still having trouble in getting the slots times they wanted at MUC.
I'd much rather see ZRH though, hopefully it will come to fruition.

sam1987
Topic Author

Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:29 pm

Quoting Humberside (Reply 4):
bmi are adding extra MAN-Scotland flights - perhaps the TLS rotation will moved to either GLA EDI or ABZ instead

Weren't the extra MAN-Scotland flights instead of the SOU to AMS route?

BestWestern

Sat Dec 23, 2006 1:56 am

More 145's - Do bmi know something the rest of the industry doesnt?

Four UK carriers have tried regional jets, and only BD intend to keep flying them.

RJ's are perfect to connect hub operations to thin destinations that cant support a Jet. MAN isnt a hub for BD, or for star, so this is the wrong aircraft for Bmi.

BD have also shortened the summer season for NCE and ALC also - both are now starting in June and finishing in September. Its shocking how they cant find year round profitable routes from Heathrow. They now have three summer only routes (NAP, NCE, ALC).

As a Diamond Club Gold BMI flyer with approaching 250k miles in my account, I love BD, but am concerned that they will be swallowed up by a proper airline sooner rather than later.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

bmie70

Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:55 am

I wouldn't be surprised if BE started to muscle them out of their MAN routes as well.

Personally I'd like to see them have another go at SOU but with flights to a *A hub. At present only AF offer longhaul connecting flights from SOU. I think that the only way they can compete with BE is to offer the connections.

Humberside

Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:23 am

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 7):
More 145's - Do bmi know something the rest of the industry doesnt?

I know they've had some delivered recently - seen pics on other forums

Quoting BestWestern (Reply 7):
BD have also shortened the summer season for NCE and ALC also - both are now starting in June and finishing in September. Its shocking how they cant find year round profitable routes from Heathrow

If DME does well perhaps more medium haul routes will be considered - could be year round and high yielding if carefully selected and properly marketed. St Petersburg, Cario, Tel Aviv, Damman, Damascus, Amman could all be possibilities in my opinion
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos