FlyEmirates
Topic Author

EK To BCN Confirmed

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:31 am

Recently I started a thread about a rumour that EK were to start flying to GRU via BCN, I can now confirm that on the company intranet, where crews are briefed about destination formalities, BCN has been added, along with a named hotel for layovers. This would suggest that EK have entered into a contract with the named hotel, all other information is TBA. What is strange is that GRU has not been added or even VCE which is not far off.

behramjee

RE: EK To BCN Confirmed

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:04 am

So Spain now sees QR in MAD and EK in BCN...good  Smile

IberiaA319

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:14 am

Nice to see BCN with more long-haul traffic and widebodies.

Singapore's Boeing 777-300ER now flying to BCN....and now Emirates, wow!

fridgmus

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:25 am

As a big fan of EK, I'm really happy to see them expanding with their fantastic service. Maybe some of it will rub off on some (not all!) US carriers.

Happy New Year!

Marc
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

Brasuca

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:31 am

Wow! Thanks for the update!
I never understood why Spain along with AMS are taking so long to be added to EK network.
Do you happen to know what aircraft EK is deploying to BCN? A330, 772?
And I do hope that they launch DXB-BCN-GRU early 2007 and DXB-GRU in Oct 2007 as planned. They've got 14 weekly.
Varig, Varig, Varig

EK773

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:14 am

Quoting FlyEmirates (Thread starter):
This would suggest that EK have entered into a contract with the named hotel

I saw this information on the portal but i wonder could this be for the freighter crew as A310F flights to BCN have been announced.

Although has anyone noticed on www.emirates.com there is now a flight schedule for DXB-GRU ?

KLM685

Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:17 am

Wow, definately great news for BCN and for Spain of course! Our Spanish brothers are definately building a great international network up to the level of their Europeans counterparts!
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

yowza

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:14 am

Quoting Brasuca (Reply 4):
I never understood why Spain along with AMS are taking so long to be added to EK network.

Not enough slot at AMS to go around, that is why both QR and EK use their AMS slots for cargo. If there were more on offere EK and QR both would offer PAx service in about half a heartbeat.

YOWza

jacobin777

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:32 am

Quoting Fridgmus (Reply 3):
As a big fan of EK, I'm really happy to see them expanding with their fantastic service. Maybe some of it will rub off on some (not all!) US carriers.

Marc...if EK flew ORD-LGA, we know you would fly them too...heck, if they flew from your home to the supermarket you would fly them.. Wink
"Up the Irons!"

skyteam2000

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:02 am

FLYEMIRATES

Fantastics news for BCN. Hope we can see DXB-BCN-GRU. But DXB-BCN is going to be a succes for sure.

trinxat

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:37 am

Quoting IberiaA319 (Reply 2):
Nice to see BCN with more long-haul traffic and widebodies.

Agree. And the funny part is that all are flown by non-spanish carriers. IB seems to regard BCN as a second-division airport.

soups

Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:43 am

Won't it make more sense to fly to GRU via west africa (ACC, ABJ or LOS). Saves about 1000miles than going via BCN
Next destinations, Suarabaya, beirut, paris, Accra

skyteam2000

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:37 am

Trinxat.

Of course Iberia only has eyes for Madrid. They said that Barcelona was only for LLC and they do not have trafics for long-haul and now...what we get AR/AV/SQ/DL/CO/US and EK. Sad very sad to see that IB leaves BCN to others. I ma sure more airlines will come to BCN and hope the Star Alliance Hub for South Europe will work. Then Iberia will have to move.

planemanofnz

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:48 am

Honestly, I would have thought that MAD would have been a better option. After all, SQ has just entered BCN and have upgraded it rapidly to 77W meaning that EK's product will be nothing in the market, especially if it is 332 operated with 2-3-2 in Business Class!

Yes, MAD already has other Asian airlines but :

-SV is probably mostly marketed at the Morocco to Saudi market.
-QR is 5 star but they offer the old A300 on the route with basically non existant IFE and poor quality seating.
-TG is let down through frequencies, language skill of staff, IFE and connections.

EK is much better positioned for connections from MAD or BCN for that matter to Africa, India, Faar East, Australia and NZ. I also think the O & D traffic MAD-DXB would be enough to warrant the flight.

Great news for BCN but i fear that this new crews hotels thing posted on the staff website, is for the cargo flights only.

airbazar

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:34 am

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 13):
Honestly, I would have thought that MAD would have been a better option. After all, SQ has just entered BCN and have upgraded it rapidly to 77W meaning that EK's product will be nothing in the market, especially if it is 332 operated with 2-3-2 in Business Class!

IIRC, SQ's service to BCN is just a tag-on flight to their SIN-MXP flight.
EK will have an advantage at BCN over SQ. Who in their right mind would fly BCN-MXP-SIN-Other with SQ, when they can instead fly BCN-DXB-Other with EK?

fridgmus

Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:44 pm

Quoting Jacobin777 (Reply 8):

Marc...if EK flew ORD-LGA, we know you would fly them too...heck, if they flew from your home to the supermarket you would fly them..

Damn right I would! Since my "current home" is a trailer on an Air Base in Northern Iraq, nothing would make me happier than seeing an EK B777 dropping in to take me to the store, perferably in DXB, ONE WAY DUDE!
All the expats here are big fans of EK, with good reason, as all of you know.

Happy and Healthy New Year to all.

Marc
The Lockheed Super Constellation, the REAL Queen of the Skies!

HB-IWC

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:02 pm

Quoting YOWza (Reply 7):
Not enough slot at AMS to go around, that is why both QR and EK use their AMS slots for cargo. If there were more on offere EK and QR both would offer PAx service in about half a heartbeat.

Given that airlines like EK and QR have shown that they are capable to get their hands on viable extra slots at Heathrow over the past couple of years, I'm pretty sure that they could make AMS slots work as well, if they really wanted to, for sure when one considers that slots are actually more widely available at AMS than at LHR.

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 14):
Who in their right mind would fly BCN-MXP-SIN-Other with SQ, when they can instead fly BCN-DXB-Other with EK?

Plenty of people, given SQ's astonishing product in the BCN market. Also, SQ offers the option of a long uninterupted night of sleep, as opposed to EK, which will undoubtedly arrive around midnight at DXB and offer connections in the 2am departure bank. I flew SQ from BCN 2 weeks ago, and the MXP stopover was really not that much of a hassle.

Brasuca

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:15 pm

Quoting Soups (Reply 11):
Won't it make more sense to fly to GRU via west africa (ACC, ABJ or LOS). Saves about 1000miles than going via BCN

Yes it would. But DXB-BCN-GRU doesn't aim to capture traffic between Brazil and DXB. Instead, EK would do it to take advantage on 5th freedom rights between Europe and Brazil. Just how they earn money in their trans-Tasman routes.
BTW, OceanAir (Avianca) will be flying Brazil-LOS non-stop in 2007.
Varig, Varig, Varig

planemanofnz

Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:30 pm

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 14):
EK will have an advantage at BCN over SQ. Who in their right mind would fly BCN-MXP-SIN-Other with SQ, when they can instead fly BCN-DXB-Other with EK?

Any one in their right mind would choose SQ over EK. Let's see :

-5 star airline versus 4 star airline.
-AVOD on SQ and EK. (EK assuming the aircraft is a 77W).
-Larger screens on SQ.
-A FFP which is much more widely recognised and has many more partners.
-Alliance connections versus simplified (one airline - one route map).
-F/A's on SQ who are fluent in Spanish.
-Whilst the SQ service is via MXP, most of EK's continuing flights are in-direct e.g :
- HKG via BKK - AKL via Australia - CHC via SYD - SYD via BKK - MEL and BNE via SIN - CGK via KUL/SIN (one way) - SIN via CMB - MLE via CMB and v.v
-EK offers less frequencies than SQ to onward destinations such as SYD is served thrice daily NON STOP. SYD is served once non stop by EK in a low density seating aircraft meaning it is harder to get seats on and then it serves SYD once daily via BKK in an ultra high density 77W which continues onto AKL.
-SQ is partners with Spanair which means pax can use their Krisflyer points on domestic flights aswell.
-JK will provide connecting pax onto SQ' flight.

EK is not exactly in the best of positions to compete against SQ on the route, but by all means, good luck to them. That is IF the route is going ahead.

FlyEmirates
Topic Author

Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:45 pm

SQ may be better but dont you think they will be more expensive! Price is the key, with that shockingly spacious layout with almost half the pax would lead me to believe fares will be quite expensive.

With regard as to whether the information is meant for freighter crews,firstly we are talking about the cabin crew specific website here. If Skycargo already fly there then why is all the other information such as flight number 'TBA', lastly why are no other Skycargo/Skycargo unique layover stations such as AMS not shown.

The layout would strongly suggest that pax service is forthcoming

Crew Hotel : ********** Barcelona
Arrival Flight No : TBA
Scheduled Arrival Time : To be advised on arrival by Ground Staff to Captain and Purser.
Departure Flight No : TBA
Scheduled Departure Time : To be advised on arrival by Ground Staff to Captain and Purser.
Bus Pick Up Time : To be advised on arrival by Ground Staff to Captain and Purser.
Airport Service Manager Name : TBA
Airport Service Manager Tel No : TBA
Airport Duty Officer Tel No : TBA
Duty Free Allowance : TBA
ArrivalFormalities : TBA

Valid from 1st November 2006 Until Further Notice

Hotel Information

Address : ********* Barcelona *******
Barcelona, Spain
Tel No : +34 ****************
Fax : TBA

Crew Meal Allowances

Breakfast : EUR 16.00
Lunch : EUR 26.50
Dinner : EUR 31.00
Night Stop Capt : EUR 9.00
Night Stop Other : EUR 6.00

Discounts & Incentives

TBA

paneuropean

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:06 pm

Quoting YOWza (Reply 7):

Odd, So they could be flying here daily, but instead use it for cargo ? So, why don't they fly cargo through Liege and pax through AMS. With so many future plans I wonder when they are coming over with pax. jets. Well congratulations Barcelona !

paneuropean

Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:30 pm

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 16):
Given that airlines like EK and QR have shown that they are capable to get their hands on viable extra slots at Heathrow over the past couple of years, I'm pretty sure that they could make AMS slots work as well, if they really wanted to, for sure when one considers that slots are actually more widely available at AMS than at LHR.

That's what I thought. So why isn't there any urge for them to fly to AMS. I would think it would be the lack of O&D passengers. Or could it be the dominance of KLM at Schiphol. AMS, excellent airport but hard market !

Joost

Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:47 pm

Quoting Paneuropean (Reply 21):

That's what I thought. So why isn't there any urge for them to fly to AMS. I would think it would be the lack of O&D passengers. Or could it be the dominance of KLM at Schiphol. AMS, excellent airport but hard market !

That's what I think too.

Compared to London, the O&D-market is a lot smaller, AMS-DXB cannot compare to LHR-DXB. Also, traffic to Australia is a lot less, since there are no historic ties like from the UK. From London, EK can well compete with BA and QF on the UK/Australia route as they both offer one-stop connections, thus competing on service and price.

From many of the smaller airports (smaller than LHR/FRA/CDG/AMS/MAD/MXP) they serve, they are one of the few or often even the only long-haul carrier eastbound. From DUS, GLA, BCN, just to name a few, EK offer a one-stop product to any of the Asian destinations, just like the other options. Let's take GLA-PVG, travelers have one-stop connections via LHR, AMS and DXB. Again, similar flight time so they can compete on price and service.

From AMS, many of the primary destinations in the east are served non-stop, most of them by KLM: HKG, PEK, SIN, DEL, etc. Here, for EK to compete, they really need to offer lower fares in order to convince people to take a stop and a few extra hours, instead of the non-stop flight. No problem filling them with vacation travelers, but for business pax, I'm sure many of them will prefer the non-stop flights.

Also, AMS does not really need to lure EK to fly there; they have enough flights to the region and won't be willing to give EK a bargain deal like they might have at other airports.

Still, I see them starting service to AMS once. But for now, they can get more profit on other airports.

EK773

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:11 am

Planemanofnz, from this and previous postings you seen to have a very negative opinion of EK .. so much so that you make a list of pro's and cons of EK v SQ. Everyone is entitled to their opinion however it appears some of this is also one sided:

Quoting Planemanofnz (Reply 18):
F/A's on SQ who are fluent in Spanish

Does this mean Singaporeans/Malaysians etc who have taken a crash course in Spanish as opposed to the Spanish and South American EK crew who have Spanish as their mother tongue.

SQ to onward destinations such as SYD

Yes SQ does fly 3-times daily SIN-SYD, however only SQ219 is an immediate connection ex BCN. SQ221/SQ231 require an almost 12hour transit .. so in reality SQ provide one connecting flight to SYD.

AVOD on SQ and EK. (EK assuming the aircraft is a 77W

AVOD is available on EK 77W and 772 (except one plane).

Larger screens on SQ

Both are equally big in size, SQ currently claiming the title of the biggest screen. But you're not comparing big with small.

Sat Dec 30, 2006 12:27 am

EK is like PA expanding quickly but in japan says ''the firework's get up quickly but also come down quickly''

airbazar

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:11 am

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 16):
Plenty of people, given SQ's astonishing product in the BCN market. Also, SQ offers the option of a long uninterupted night of sleep, as opposed to EK, which will undoubtedly arrive around midnight at DXB and offer connections in the 2am departure bank. I flew SQ from BCN 2 weeks ago, and the MXP stopover was really not that much of a hassle.

I know all about SQ's product. I've flown with them in all 3 classes.
But EK's product is not exactly chpped liver and if it means 2 less stops and a few less number of hours to get from BCN to, say BKK or SYD, I think most high-yield passengers will opt for EK. Besides, at 2am most Spaniards are just sitting down for dinner anyway  Smile

HB-IWC

Sat Dec 30, 2006 3:18 am

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 25):
But EK's product is not exactly chpped liver and if it means 2 less stops and a few less number of hours to get from BCN to, say BKK or SYD, I think most high-yield passengers will opt for EK.

I don't know where you get this information from, because SQ will actually bring you quicker to SYD than EK does, even with a stopover in MXP. Under the current schedules, SQ will take 24h20min between BCN and SYD via MXP and SIN. EK will for sure have an early afternoon departure from BCN with a midnight arrival at DXB, which doesn't connect well to its nonstop SYD service, and will as such take between 28 and 30 hours to SYD. The nonstop Australia services connect well to those European cities with a second daily - evening - departure, in which case one would still need 24 hours to reach SYD.

I would much rather have a long overnight sector with SQ than have my nightrest broken by a 2am stopover at DXB. That said, I guess that EK will offer much more competitive fares than SQ in the BCN market, so I have no doubt that they will be successful.

BCNGRO

Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:32 am

Quoting FlyEmirates (Thread starter):

Wow, great news for BCN! Now both GRU and DXB are added to BCN's long haul destinations.   Best luck to EK! I wish this route is a success.

Who knows, maybe some day we can see the A380 in BCN...

BTW, congratulations on your first A.net anniversary.  Smile

[Edited 2006-12-29 20:33:33]
At the bus station, buses stop. At the train station, trains stop. At my desk, I have a work station.

planemanofnz

Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:47 am

Quoting Joost (Reply 22):
Also, traffic to Australia is a lot less, since there are no historic ties like from the UK.

Actually, there are a few historic ties. Anyone heard of Abel Tasman? Need I say more.

Quoting EK773 (Reply 23):
Planemanofnz, from this and previous postings you seen to have a very negative opinion of EK .. so much so that you make a list of pro's and cons of EK v SQ

No, in fact I think EK are a great airline, however, I just think that they need to evaluate carefully the markets they are getting into. Is there some sort of problem with me comparing SQ to EK in terms of product? It's only natural, I mean the BCN public will do just the same, won't they?

Does this mean Singaporeans/Malaysians etc who have taken a crash course in Spanish as opposed to the Spanish and South American EK crew who have Spanish as their mother tongue.

South American EK crew? I don't think that there are many at all of these, if not any! What routes do they fly? The SQ crew won't be able to speak a 'crash course' as you put it, they are fluent in the language. Remember, that the Phillipines used to be a colony of Spain so there would be a few Spanish speakers there, but not many. Also, it is not like there would be no Asians in South/Centeral America or Spain.

AVOD is available on EK 77W and 772 (except one plane).

Yes, but look at nearly every other route EK started up in Europe in the last 2 years and look at how the route started. It started with 332's e.g - Glassgow, Copenhagen, Venice, Malta e.t.c, and I believe these have no AVOD and very poor premium products. Though, if EK are continuing the route to GRU (which has not been announced yet) then I agree that it is likely they will use the 77W.

Both are equally big in size, SQ currently claiming the title of the biggest screen. But you're not comparing big with small.

The fact of the matter is that SQ have THE largest. 10.4" for Economy I believe and that is what EK have in Business. Again, EK's 332's are only equipped with 6.5" screens, not the 9" found in selected 777's and 340's.

airbazar

Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:48 am

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 26):
I don't know where you get this information from, because SQ will actually bring you quicker to SYD than EK does, even with a stopover in MXP.

I picked SYD out of a hat, who cares, you missed the point. You can't use current schedules because you don't know what schedule EK will have. The point is that in the event that EK start flying to BCN, EK will likely offer less connections and reduced travel time between BCN and any city they serve, when compared with SQ. There will likely be exceptions, but I suspect in most cases, one stop will always be better than 2 stops.

And as for the connection time at DXB being so inconvenient, well... I'll let EK's evolution over the past 5 years speak for itself.

HB-IWC

Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:12 pm

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 29):
You can't use current schedules because you don't know what schedule EK will have.

I'm pretty sure that I am smart enough not to miss your point! The fact is, we do know what scheduled EK is about to offer. Analyze EK's hub operation at DXB and you will see that all European gateways' primary roundtrip is scheduled in the 7-9am departure wave at DXB, turning around in Europe early afternoon before returning to DXB in the midnight arrival bank. It is only when a European city gets a second daily service that EK uses an afternoon DXB departure with an early morning return.

SQ will beat EK in terms of total travel time for most of the destinations the two airlines have in common, in addition to the earlier mentioned advantage of a daylight transfer at SIN as opposed to a connection at DXB in the middle of the night. That doesn't mean that connecting in DXB is inconvenient. EK's operation is set up very professionally given the airport's geographical location relative to that of the airline's network.

I am merely rebutting your affirmation that high yielding traffic will prefer EK over SQ, which is definitely not going to be the case. It is a sure thing that EK's fares will consistently be lower than SQ's and that will be the main driving force behind EK's traffic.

You might want to take a look at this thread to get a closer insight into EK's DXB operations.

JRadier

Sat Dec 30, 2006 6:33 pm

Quoting FlyEmirates (Reply 19):
lastly why are no other Skycargo/Skycargo unique layover stations such as AMS not shown.

AMS is operated by the 744F if I'm not mistaken, which is a AMCI-lease from Atlas Air and thus has Atlas crews.

airbazar

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:03 am

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 30):
I am merely rebutting your affirmation that high yielding traffic will prefer EK over SQ, which is definitely not going to be the case. It is a sure thing that EK's fares will consistently be lower than SQ's and that will be the main driving force behind EK's traffic.

I guess we'll wait and see  Smile At this point this is just a rumor anyway.
I'm not familiar with the success of the current BCN service but I think if EK does start BCN service we'll likely see SQ either drop the route or start non-stop SIN-BCN much like they did to all other European cities that were served on triangular routes or added-on service in the 90's. Maybe we'll finally see them in LIS on a SIN-BCN-LIS-BCN-SIN route. It is that time of the year, one can wish  santahat  Big grin

gkirk

Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:33 am

DXB-NCL TBC mid January apparently. Flights EK35/36 Daily A330 commencing 1st September.
When you hear the noise of the Tartan Army Boys, we'll be coming down the road!

HB-IWC

Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:22 pm

Quoting Airbazar (Reply 32):
I think if EK does start BCN service we'll likely see SQ either drop the route or start non-stop SIN-BCN much like they did to all other European cities that were served on triangular routes or added-on service in the 90's.

Well, nonstop BCN service wouldn't surprise me at all. The fact that, less than 6 months after the launch of the route, SQ is deploying its most premium aircraft on the route should tell us a lot about the kind of results SQ are seeing. On my return flight from BCN two weeks ago, 7 out of 8 First seats were taken from BCN, with the remaining seat filled from MXP. While the load of just one flight may not indicate a lot about the overall performance, it must be said that the 30-seat J-class on the B772ER has seen an overall load factor of over 90% in the July to October period as per the SQ BCN station manager.

planemanofnz

Sun Dec 31, 2006 9:33 pm

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 34):
Well, nonstop BCN service wouldn't surprise me at all. The fact that, less than 6 months after the launch of the route, SQ is deploying its most premium aircraft on the route should tell us a lot about the kind of results SQ are seeing. On my return flight from BCN two weeks ago, 7 out of 8 First seats were taken from BCN, with the remaining seat filled from MXP. While the load of just one flight may not indicate a lot about the overall performance, it must be said that the 30-seat J-class on the B772ER has seen an overall load factor of over 90% in the July to October period as per the SQ BCN station manager.

Well I think if the route was made non stop 4 things would happen :

1.) BCN would be downgraded to a 772ER
2.) MXP would be downgraded to a 772ER
3.) BCN would be continued to somewhere else, probably the Star hub of LIS.
4.) MXP would be continued to somewhere else, maybe Geneva, Dublin or Brussels.

Emirates Skies

Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:44 am

Emirates has been flying to Malta since March 1998. 1998 is definitely more than 2 years ago. (Almost 9 years ago now).

The number of Spanish and Latin American cabin crew members at Emirates is far larger than some people think or are making it out to be on this thread.

While I hope to see Emirates flying into Barcelona as soon as possible, I still have difficulty believing this will happen in 2007. Nobody has mentioned the start-up date. If anyone has info about the start-up date, please come forward.

Geneva and Copenhagen were announced by Emirates and never materialised; therefore I am still very skeptical about Emirates flying into Barcelona in 2007.

[Edited 2006-12-31 20:49:55]
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints

paneuropean

Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:58 pm

Quoting Joost (Reply 22):
From AMS, many of the primary destinations in the east are served non-stop, most of them by KLM: HKG, PEK, SIN, DEL, etc. Here, for EK to compete, they really need to offer lower fares in order to convince people to take a stop and a few extra hours, instead of the non-stop flight. No problem filling them with vacation travelers, but for business pax, I'm sure many of them will prefer the non-stop flights.

In fact the only ones they can compete with are the other asian carriers, such as (SQ, MH, JL etc.)

I think eventually it is necessary for them to join an alliance and maybe sky wouldn't be a bad choice at all.

Emirates Skies

Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:19 am

What's the use of joining an alliance when Emirates can go it alone in flying colours?

I hope Emirates doesn't join any alliance any time soon, especially until the present scenario does not experience some dramatic change.
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints

paneuropean

Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:12 am

Quoting Emirates Skies (Reply 38):
What's the use of joining an alliance when Emirates can go it alone in flying colours?

I hope Emirates doesn't join any alliance any time soon, especially until the present scenario does not experience some dramatic change.

It's not really a matter if I do or don't hope if they will join an alliance. EK has quite a dominant position in the region, so I don't expect them to join one neither as you don't see the urge asian carriers joining them either.

Nonetheless on the long term I wonder if the power of their concept will sustain. I really question for instance what they will do with their gigantic order for 45 A 380. We haven't really seen an airline developing with the speed of EK before.......

Therefor I think many options are open, and if they can't beat the others, they should join them

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos