Topic Author

OA Will Be Future Or A3 Will Fly As In The Future

Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:43 am

When OA get out of business in the future A3 i think should be our next national carrier because know how to serve and i think it have purchase a long haul fleet for flights outside Europe.
I think have to be done quickly.

OA260

RE: OA Will Be Future Or A3 Will Fly As In The Future

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:00 am

I think that OA and A3 will both be flying and we will have two airlines in future. A3 is growing all the time and hopefully OA can compete and both can make money. I would prefer A3 not operate and OA survive if I had to choose but that is because OA has a special place in my heart!!! Some former OA staff now work in A3 also !!!

AA757BOY

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:06 am

Quoting 1981 (Thread starter):

I totally agree. Olympic isn't exactly a nice representation of our country. I think that A3 should get some A340's with nice PTV's and a little nicer paint job and start doing JFK/BOS to ATH. They would wipe OA out within a month LOL.

OA412

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 am

Well, all indications are that A3 is a well run airline w/good service and pleasant staff. I have not had the opportunity to fly them yet but the various award they have garnered from the ERA seem to speak to this fact. I do believe that A3 will take up some of OA's flying if/when they shut down but I'm not certain that they will pick up any of the long haul routes.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

OA260

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:11 am

Quoting AA757BOY (Reply 2):
I think that A3 should get some A340's with nice PTV's and a little nicer paint job and start doing JFK/BOS to ATH. They would wipe OA out within a month LOL.

Wont happen !! They are not looking to do that kind of operation . They want to expand in Europe and compete with OA in its ''safer'' routes. A3 wouldnt take the risk of loosing money on the long haul routes.

Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:33 am

I totally agree. Olympic isn't exactly a nice representation of our country. I think that A3 should get some A340's with nice PTV's and a little nicer paint job and start doing JFK/BOS to ATH. They would wipe OA out within a month LOL.

Nai Swsta (That's right)

highflyer9790

Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:27 am

and start doing JFK/BOS to ATH

BOS would love a direct ATH service. we used to have OA but they lost there liscence to operate at BOS due to some violations with massport.

anax

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:25 pm

Quoting HighFlyer9790 (Reply 6):
BOS would love a direct ATH service. we used to have OA but they lost there liscence to operate at BOS due to some violations with massport.

OA didn't loose their liscence... They dropped the route for operational reasons. BOS doesn't have the traffic needed to support a 12 month non stop serving , so they had to do it together with JFK. After 9/11 , things are more complicated as everybody knows. Pax had to disembark , go through immigration and customs and then board again for the next segment. Loss of time and money for the company.

Quoting 1981 (Thread starter):
When OA get out of business in the future A3 i think should be our next national carrier because know how to serve and i think it have purchase a long haul fleet for flights outside Europe.
I think have to be done quickly

Dream on filarako mou , this will never happen. If OA goes down A3 goes down as well. Numbers prove it. Check the real numbers and not the ones A3 marketing division releases. Check the debts for fuel. Check the debts on employees. Check the employees working conditions there.
They haven't order any long haul a/c , only some A320's. They don't even dare to open a new route where OA doesn't fly. All they do is serving destinations OA does , at exactly the same time. Their service is exactly the same , copied from OA , since all their executives are former OA's staff.
That doesn't make them the next flag carrier. That only makes them a copy.
I would never fly on A3. Yes they may have a good service , but good service comes form tired , overworking f/a's and pilots , and safety is more important for me than a smile. They don't have good maintenance , they have many incidents that somehow manage to keep "secret" , they are a disaster on wings. Agressive marketing though (they are very good on that) , makes them look in the eyes of people as the greek LH or LX. Far far form reality.
god is a spotter!!!

OA260

Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:38 pm

Quoting Anax (Reply 7):
they have many incidents that somehow manage to keep "secret"

Well I didnt know that !! What type of incidents??? They do have an aggressive marketing campaign which I guess you can make anything look good with a proper and professional ad campaign. Look at Helios! Nice planes and nice leather interiors followed by smiling happy crew (all acting)!!

LH seem too trust them though!!! I personally dont have a view either way. I know someone in management there though but seldom talk to them. It is true though they would never announce a NEW route that OA doesnt fly to. A3 what about opening a DUB or BFS link ?? PLEASE...

CYatUK

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:21 am

Quoting Anax (Reply 7):
Yes they may have a good service , but good service comes form tired , overworking f/a's and pilots , and safety is more important for me than a smile. They don't have good maintenance , they have many incidents that somehow manage to keep "secret" , they are a disaster on wings. Aggressive marketing though (they are very good on that) , makes them look in the eyes of people as the Greek LH or LX. Far far form reality.

I am not going to talk about A3 or judge them because I have no idea about any problems with their operations (if any).

All I want to stress is indeed the fact that good marketing and good service do not always mean good maintenance and operations, as what happens behind closed doors is not known to us.

Unfortunately this seems to have been the case with Helios.

WesternA318

Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:27 am

Dream on Anax,

Quoting Anax (Reply 7):
They don't even dare to open a new route where OA doesn't fly. All they do is serving destinations OA does , at exactly the same time.

That's because their looking towards OA's eventual downfall and shutdown. Copy the route structure and you have an OA-clone, but with a stellar reputation.

Quoting Anax (Reply 7):
Their service is exactly the same , copied from OA , since all their executives are former OA's staff.
That doesn't make them the next flag carrier. That only makes them a copy.

Its far from Olympic's level of mis-service. Aegean has a MUCH, MUCH better service onboard and on the ground compared to the disaster that is Olympic.

OA260

Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:44 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 10):
compared to the disaster that is Olympic.

OA is not a disaster mate and if I had a choice between OA and another carrier I would still choose OA. Alot of people still love OA and a neighbour of mine just came back from Crete Via ATH and thought they were great and they have no aviation back ground or connections with OA at all so it was an un biased view. Im sure there are horror stories but I could give you horror stories for most airlines from personal experience.

anax

Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:33 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 10):
Dream on Anax

i don't have to , i live it.....
i wouldn't even send a letter with A3
god is a spotter!!!

OA260

Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:10 am

Quoting Anax (Reply 12):
i don't have to , i live it.....
i wouldn't even send a letter with A3

Double joke Anax!! I like it !! You know A3 is also a size of a envelope(letter) LOL.....

AA757BOY

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:51 am

Yes they may have a good service , but good service comes form tired , overworking f/a's and pilots , and safety is more important for me than a smile. They don't have good maintenance , they have many incidents that somehow manage to keep "secret" , they are a disaster on wings. Aggressive marketing though (they are very good on that) , makes them look in the eyes of people as the Greek LH or LX. Far far form reality.

I highly doubt that they incidents because there is no way to keep incidents secret. They are cheaper than OA, better service, and I don't think they would have gotten the airline of the year for 2004/2005 if they were such a poor airline. How do you know that the airline crew is overworked?

anax

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:52 pm

Quoting AA757BOY (Reply 14):
How do you know that the airline crew is overworked?

ATH is a small place ..... people meet , so do crews , and when people meet they talk!
Crews from A3 that couldn't manage working there anymore and now work for OA describe "medieval" working conditions.
And not only.
god is a spotter!!!

anax

Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:59 pm

Quoting Anax (Reply 15):
highly doubt that they incidents because there is no way to keep incidents secret

Yes there is. I'm sure you haven't heard the incident at RHO , when during landing right wing and engine were severely damaged. That particular 737 was repaired in OA's maintenance hangar at LGAV.
And the same thing happened on a RJ during landing at JKH. Have you heard a word about them?No. So it seems there is a way to hide them.
god is a spotter!!!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos