Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BALAX
Topic Author

Nonreving On NW

Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:07 pm

Quick question, how generous are NW airport staff with upgrades to other airline staff if space is available in first class?

burnsie28

RE: Nonreving On NW

Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:57 am

Depends on the flight, typically the FA's come and get you if they have a spot. What routes are you looking at flying?

BALAX
Topic Author

Thu Feb 01, 2007 3:45 pm

Haha, thanks I just flew MSP-LAX earlier today. I posted that out of MSP hoping someone could give me an idea. I actually flew NW MEM-LAX last month and they ended up clearing me into first, but I think actual NW employees bumped me. We are pretty good about upgrades, but not sure about other airlines. Only DL I know still upgrades to 1st if available.

bobnwa

Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:49 pm

Quoting BALAX (Reply 2):
We are pretty good about upgrades, but not sure about other airlines

I assume you work for BA. I have never seen BA upgrade any airline staff. This would include BOS, MCO, TPA, MIA, JFK, LHR, LGW. When asked, the checkin staff says they don't do it and that is the end of it. IF a BA manager puts a remark in your record, they might do it.

BALAX
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:18 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 3):
When asked, the checkin staff says they don't do it and that is the end of it. IF a BA manager puts a remark in your record, they might do it.

They've actually revised the staff upgrade policy. And yes, you now have to go thru a manager to get it ok'd but that is almost effortless. Still if the cabins fill up we tend to move people up.

bobnwa

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:22 am

Quoting BALAX (Reply 4):
They've actually revised the staff upgrade policy. And yes, you now have to go thru a manager to get it ok'd but that is almost effortless. Still if the cabins fill up we tend to move people up

Does the Y cabin need to fill up before any OAL staff can be upgraded. IF it really is effortless to get a managers OK, why is the managers OK needed? How does he decide?

Evan767

Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:58 am

A nice nonrev sight that needs some growing is www.nonrev.net Join and spread the word!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

BALAX
Topic Author

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:08 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 5):
IF it really is effortless to get a managers OK, why is the managers OK needed? How does he decide?

Sorry for the confusion. As long as it's a nice manager, they're usually really good about it.

Lucky42

Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:33 am

Quoting Burnsie28 (Reply 1):
Depends on the flight, typically the FA's come and get you if they have a spot.

That pretty much is the only way an offline employee will get an upgrade...I used to hear all the time from the DL people when I flew them how we never reciprocated. I told them it was hard for nw employees also especially between hubs.. But I have seen when we did have plenty of F seats and I never once saw an nw agent upgrade offline nonrevs... There are others out there like US Air that didn't either..But whenever I flew DL or even UA I always got an upgrade and didn't have to ask for it except if F was full. Hell once on a DL flight they put me in the back and the FA came to me later and apologized for F being full and gave me and my girlfriend a bottle of champagne

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos