JJJM
Topic Author

Aeromexico To Buenos Aires

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:17 am

Starting on April 4th Aeromexico will have 3 NON STOP flights per week to Buenos Aires (EZE)

MEXICO-BUENOS AIRES
Tue, Sat, Sun Dep. 23:00 Arriv 10:05 (+1)

BUENOS AIRES-MEXICO
Mon, Thu, Sun Dep: 23:00 Arrv 06:50 (+1)

Flights on Boeing 767/200/300

Well be carefull MX....Here comes AM!!!!!!

This is part of AM becoming Latin America´s global airlines.

Hope to see BOG, CCS and UIO soon.

Regards

JJJM

EddieDude

RE: Aeromexico To Buenos Aires

Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:54 am

Great news! The predictions of our friend Ghost77 were right on again! I checked amadeus.net and the flights are already loaded. This is fantastic news!

I wish AM great luck. It is really bad they can't offer more flights; I guess they should at least lobby for the amendment of the bilateral.

Question: Is AM getting one more 767 shortly? Or is the second ex-RG 777 arriving prior to April. At this time, AM has a shortage of widebodies and I don't see how they can start EZE without dropping frequencies to other long haul destinations. It would be fantastic if AM added a new 777 before April. That way, NRT could be increased to 3x weekly and free up a 767 to fly to EZE.
Upcoming flights:
April/May: AM MEX-SCL 788 (J), AM EZE-MEX 789 (J).

PlaneGuy27

Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:01 am

Didn't they only get 2 Tokyo Narita weekly slots which means it is going to be extremely difficult for them to expand that route?

Fyano773

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:08 am

I recall the flight would be MEX-CUN-EZE, but AM 028 & 029 are nonstop MEX-EZE-MEX.

As in the cases of GRU and SCL? the plane will sit idle in EZE almost 13 hours before returning to MEX:

MEX-EZE
Tue, Sat, Sun Dep. 23:00 Arriv 10:05 (+1)

EZE-MEX
Mon, Thu, Sun Dep: 23:00 Arrv 06:50 (+1)

Hopefully AM shortens these turnaround times in order to improve fleet utilization.

Fyano

Fyano773

Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:16 am

Quoting Jjjm (Thread starter):
Starting on April 4th Aeromexico will have 3 NON STOP flights per week to Buenos Aires (EZE)

I'm a little confused, April 4th is Wednesday  scratchchin 

Maybe the schedule is as follows:

MEXICO-BUENOS AIRES
Wed, Sat, Sun Dep. 23:00 Arriv 10:05 (+1)

Fyano

LVTMB

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:04 am

Quoting Fyano773 (Reply 3):
I recall the flight would be MEX-CUN-EZE

You may be confusing with AR's routing. They need to add that CUN stop because of limitations created by their A310s operating out of MEX.

MB

xaapb

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:16 am

Quoting LVTMB (Reply 5):
You may be confusing with AR's routing. They need to add that CUN stop because of limitations created by their A310s operating out of MEX.

Originally the route was MEX-CUN-EZE. And now is a non stop flight.
Jorge
Jorge Meneses

Fyano773

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:23 am

Quoting LVTMB (Reply 5):
I recall the flight would be MEX-CUN-EZE

The original rumor was MEX-CUN-EZE by AM, as discussed here: RE: AeroMexico To EZE! (by Fyano773 Sep 29 2006 in Civil Aviation)

Anyway, this route is the only in Latam to be served by 2 Mexican carriers simultaneously. How about Brazil being served by MX?

Fyano

pzurita1

Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:49 am

Good.
Great news. Now this route will be served 15x and two think that 5 years ago there was no flights linking these two large cities.

I am also surprised about the idle time in EZE. May be should be used to MVD (there were rumors about it). What other place could you fly at profitability from EZE during those 11 hours?

I know it would not be possible (equipment, time and rights), but would be awesome to continue the flight to CPT or JNB.

PZ
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

juventus

Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:28 pm

Happy to see Aeromexico going to Buenos Aires.

Hope to see BOG, CCS and UIO soon.

There should be flights to UIO from MEX. Doesn't matter who, AM or MX. BOG is already flown by MX and Avianca.

AF086

Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:51 am

Congrats to Aeromexico on their new service. What about the long rumoured GIG service? Any news on that?
Please insert a "smart" joke here.

LipeGIG

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:01 am

This is part of AM becoming Latin America´s global
airlines.

Agree 100%

Quoting EddieDude (Reply 1):
Question: Is AM getting one more 767 shortly? Or is the second ex-RG 777 arriving prior to April

Eddie, VRB is still at GIG under maintenance, but seems to be almost ready to fly !

As in the cases of GRU and SCL? the plane will sit idle in EZE almost 13 hours before returning to MEX:

AM could try to run daylights but while waiting a flight back in EZE i remember
that MX flight departs by the end of the morning (in fact i believe only 1 weekly EZE-MEX is nowadays an overnight flight). I'm sure that AM is really flying overnight to attract business travellers.

Quoting Fyano773 (Reply 7):
Anyway, this route is the only in Latam to be served by 2 Mexican carriers simultaneously. How about Brazil being served by MX?

They could use 5x weekly flights, but only 1 or 3 to Sao Paulo (i forget the right number). Do they have planes available ? And do they are ready to compete against AM flying to other point ?

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

tsaord

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:21 am

Kewl. I thought they already flew there. No wonder I couldn't find a ORD/EZE via MEX on AM. Kewl Beans!
there are icons, then there are legends, then there is rick flair

juventus

Sun Feb 04, 2007 4:12 am

Quoting Tsaord (Reply 12):
Kewl. I thought they already flew there. No wonder I couldn't find a ORD/EZE via MEX on AM. Kewl Beans!

That's MX going twice a day....

skyone

Mon Feb 05, 2007 4:11 am

Quoting PlaneGuy27 (Reply 2):
Didn't they only get 2 Tokyo Narita weekly slots which means it is going to be extremely difficult for them to expand that route?

2 weekly slots expandable to 3 maximum (don´t ask me, I just don´t like this route, but AM´s CEO does).

Well, lets start the war. MX only long haul route vs AM. Although I am not an AM suporter, I think AM is doing the correct thing by increasing its long haul routes and bringing big airplanes as that is the only way of surviving in Mexico. LCCs are doing their share in Mexico to fly all over it and bring down airfares and aloud people to fly all over the country. The same thing happened in Europe (Spain) with IB, and now IB has switched with its Director plan to increase long-houl and and reduce short-haul to the minimum efficient to sustain its hub and spoke system (yes, tons of people conect through Barajas to Spain and Europe from America, I think IB stated it was 48% in its last finacial report). The only thing is that when you open a business route like AM did with Tokyo, you need to fly daily to back your business pasengers with thier business needs. But well, that is just AM´s management team that try hard but just can´t, but what can I say, MX doesn´t have a great management team either. Well, just my .0002 cents.

The only good part is seeing Mexican carriers dominate on the MEX-Southamerica routes as I only can think of LAN being a true competitor to both AM and MX on all their routes.

orbis

Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:17 am

Yess!  Smile
With EZE now I can finally put all my eggs in AM/SkyTeam basket.
I hope MX Owners do something fast, like -for instance, reading this forum and/or listening to their formerly loyal customers.

I also hope AM eventually increases the frecuency and upgrade the frames.

Ghost.... what is happening to good'ol Mexicana....

Regards
we should live our lives as if we were really alive!!! H.M.

skyone

Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:38 am

Quoting Orbis (Reply 15):
Ghost.... what is happening to good'ol Mexicana....

Easy, they don´t read this forum and they also don´t listen to their customers, jejeje, believe me, I know.
I can just remember Mr. Romano trying to do the same thing as the CEO of Jetblue does, only he tries on the MEX-MIA route (he travels that route every weekend). Yes, he thinks he can put an apron and start serving passengers, but actually a niño fresa like him looks stupid doing it (no le sale) and many many customers and flight attendants just laugh at him. Those things can only be done by people who love serving other people and who love the airline industry like Mr. Neeleman and not by people who just read about Jetblue´s CEO and try to copy what he does. But hey, that is why competition exists and we will see what happens with airlines in Mexico as the thoery of Price-sensitivity really works its magic.

KLM685

Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:58 am

Quoting Skyone (Reply 16):
Mr. Romano trying to do the same thing as the CEO of Jetblue does, only he tries on the MEX-MIA route (he travels that route every weekend).

He lives in MIA... though i don't know what is he doing for people to laugh.

I hope MX Owners do something fast, like -for instance, reading this forum and/or listening to their formerly loyal customers.

Lol, you're asking for too much! Even if they read this forum, they would still need to change their whole mentality in order to creat one happy and efficient airline. And Ghost77 knows this perfectly. One airline can be extremely creative and make a hell of an airline, but if the other just starts copying then you're just adapting a model that probably won't fit. So Mexicana and Mr. Romano need to start thinking about what's good for them and for their employees and not what's good for everyone else. The success comes from the inside more than it comes from the outside, although this two are deeply connected.

Sounds ironic that AM is opening another long haul while inside the company jobs are about to be lost. The only thing that needs to be said is Good luck for them as we need a great company being number one in what they do. And let's hope MX makes some quick changes in order for them to keep their costumers and not lose them to their competitor on the other side of the airport.

Alonso
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

skyone

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:47 am

Quoting KLM685 (Reply 17):
He lives in MIA... though i don't know what is he doing for people to laugh.

Have you ever looked at him do it? There is fake in it and there is doing it because you like servicing people.

Well, now I know why the flight attendants don´t want to sign the new contract that will save money to Mexicana (this politicians or Hacienda guys). Poor kid, flying all weeks to work in Mexico and saving Mexicana, but yes, mexicana is in trouble and trying to save money becasue of the LCCs. I just love competition.

skyone

Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:50 am

Quoting KLM685 (Reply 17):
One airline can be extremely creative and make a hell of an airline, but if the other just starts copying then you're just adapting a model that probably won't fit. So Mexicana and Mr. Romano need to start thinking about what's good for them and for their employees and not what's good for everyone else. The success comes from the inside more than it comes from the outside, although this two are deeply connected.

Righ in the money. Could not have said it better.

USADreamliner

Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:02 am

I remember when EZE used to receive airlines like SAS, KLM, Swissair, Aeroflot, British Caledonian...
now we get TACA, Aeromexico, Copa, Mexicana... great...  Angry

juventus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:10 am

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 20):

What an ignorant comment....

TACAA320

Wed Feb 07, 2007 6:22 am

now we get TACA, Aeromexico, Copa, Mexicana... great...

Quoting Juventus (Reply 21):

What an ignorant comment....

I second that !
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

tope98

Wed Feb 07, 2007 7:37 am

What a sad comment.

farmenta

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:27 am

I remember when EZE used to receive airlines like SAS, KLM, Swissair, Aeroflot, British Caledonian...

I third that!

fly727

Wed Feb 07, 2007 11:08 am

I remember when A.net used to have smart, useful posts from guys like Skipper747...
now we get USADreamliner... great...  Yeah sure

RM.
There are no stupid questions... just stupid people!

LVICS

Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:55 pm

I'm afraid I didn't get your point. Could you possibly explain? Thanks in advance.

juventus

Wed Feb 07, 2007 10:49 pm

what is happening to good'ol Mexicana....

Nothing happening to MX.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070207/law056.html?.v=100

2travel2know

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:13 am

now we get TACA, Aeromexico, Copa, Mexicana... great... Angry

Yeah, Argentina has finally realized they're a Latinamerica country and not an European one.
I don't work for COPA Airlines!

skyone

Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:18 am

Quoting Juventus (Reply 27):
Nothing happening to MX.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070207/l...v=100

Best business class!!! What!!! Well, they sure voted this one from the service perspective (I can´t find any other reason), because its business class seat (long haul) has nothing to do with Aeromexico´s and Lan´s. Wow, I am still shocked! The seats in its short and medium haul planes are tight, as you need to ask for permition to go to the bathroom if you are in an window seat on any airbus, and on its Long Haul airplanes (767) the seats have no point of comparison with AM´s flat beds of the 777. People giving away this award have to consider that half the business people go for service and the other pay for it just to have a bed and not be disturbed, as they have to work when they arrive just after flying. Men, still shocked!

orbis

Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:18 am

I posted this before but I don'n mind doing it again. A picture's worth more that 1000 words:

AM GDL-TIJ B737 business class (clase premier). 2:45 hrs flying time
DINNER:

MX GDL-TIJ A320, business class (clase ejecutiva) 2:50 hrs flying time
DINNER:??

next:

AM MEX-GDL MD82 business class (clase premier) 0:50 flying time
BREAKFAST

MX GDL-MEX A318 business class (clase ejecutiva) 0:45 flying time
BREAKFAST

and that was 1 year ago, yesteday all I've got was a cup of coffee and a sweet roll. YES in Clase Ejecutiva.

El colmo, as we said, is that as I was flying last week in the morning flight MX800 MEX-ORD in clase ejecutiva, I read in Vuelo Magazine about the NEW CLASE EJECUTIVA 2007, featuring among other things new linen, cuttlery and china and no more prepacked food from the cart, but served individually in your table directly from the galley. THIS IS WHAT I HAD FOR BREAKFAST:

And I could go for hours but it is completely pointless. I was a fan of Mexicana and a very loyal FF traveling +200K miles a year, but not anymore. My cash's worth the same with the competition and I got more for it.

Just one more thing. My recognition to MX's F/A's who have to deal with the shame of offering this kind of crap. very attentive they always try to explain.

It seems that the only really business class service they offer is on the MEX-EZE-MEX flight; but then again, it is not reliable.

So, congrats to Mexicana for achieving an award they really don't deserve.

and before I get flamed, please take into account that I am talking about the business class service only. Y class in MX is pretty decent, planes are clean, well mantained and F/A's always very attentive.

Regards

FC

[Edited 2007-02-07 23:36:09]
we should live our lives as if we were really alive!!! H.M.

skyone

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:19 am

Quoting Orbis (Reply 30):
and before I get flamed, please take into account that I am talking about the business class service only. Y class in MX is pretty decent, planes are clean, well mantained and F/A's always very attentive.

Why would you get flamed? You are one of the clase ejecutiva frequent flyers and you know the kind of service they give and the meals they serve. Your opinion and your point of view is completely valid and you have pictures to defend your statements. So I completely agree with you.

That is why I do not understand how MX won that award for best business class. On the other side, I understand that MX is trying to cut costs as the new owners are looking at what they bought and finding they need to save money to compete against the other airlines, while AM can keep spending money without worrying about a thing, as they still are a company that belongs to the government. So lets enjoy AM´s service while our taxes pay for the new business class seats and the still great looking meals and silverwear. After all, the 777s are courtesy of all mexicans (well, only the ones who pay taxes, the otheres just enjoy them as well) jejeje.

juventus

Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting Orbis (Reply 30):
and before I get flamed,

No flaming, either you like one or the other.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos