Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

ConcordeBoy

RE: Europe Charters @ MSY Today

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:14 am

Quoting Tom in NO (Reply 49):

My oh my.....how quickly we forget where our MSY bread is buttered! Better start being nice or the next two words you'll hear will be.....ACCESS DENIED!!! wink

...but it was an A333!!! *pouts*
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 50):
...but it was an A333!!! *pouts*

Just close your eyes and pretend that it had one more engine under each wing and you won't feel so bad.  Wink

Humberside

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:48 am

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 48):
Still, I would have expected Thomsonfly to fly some cruise flights from Newcastle, especially given that they are flying cruise charters to the Caribbean from 14 UK airports this Winter, and NCL is one of their larger regional bases.

AFAIK THomson holidays have nothing to do with the cruises and TOM are chartered by the cruise operator and any other tour operators (e.g. Bath Travel) to do the flights. Therefore it wont matter were TOM's main bases are but they will fly from where-ever the charterer wants to fly from
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

N1120A

Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:44 am

Quoting Snaiks (Reply 47):
is thomsonFly gonna offer regular service in MSY? i was traveling on friday and i saw that they have a counter now, next to AA, were TA was.

Adding to what Tom said, Monarch also has its own sign that is hung up above a counter when they are flying in to town.

Here are some pictures of what the MSY check-in area looks like when we get the charters.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/N1120A/MSYwithflash.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b134/N1120A/MSYnoflash.jpg
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

MSYguy

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:18 pm

Wow. Don't think I've ever seen it that crowded.

ConcordeBoy

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:33 pm

Quoting MSYguy (Reply 54):

yeah, and that hetero dragged me around while hitting on Bri'ish chicks the (2nd to) last time we saw it like that. Dang he sucks Big grin

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:36 pm

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 55):
yeah, and that hetero dragged me around while hitting on Bri'ish chicks the (2nd to) last time we saw it like that. Dang he sucks

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Quoting MSYguy (Reply 54):

The crowds usually move through fairly quickly....TSA keeps all four lines open at the C checkpoint, and inbound, all 12 customs positions are staffed in the FIS area.

MSYguy

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:41 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 56):
all 12 customs positions are staffed in the FIS area.

Interesting. Now that TACA and AirCanada are gone, what do those customs agents do when the charters aren't around? Inspect cargo?

ConcordeBoy

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:47 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 56):
all 12 customs positions are staffed in the FIS area.

I still have never been down there, you?

Quoting MSYguy (Reply 57):
what do those customs agents do when the charters aren't around? Inspect cargo?

Interchange with the port.
...also, keep in mind that MSY does average a daily number of non-scheduled customs-requiring operations as well. Most would rather just use Armstrong than have to make arrangements for LakeFront.

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:48 pm

Quoting MSYguy (Reply 57):
what do those customs agents do when the charters aren't around? Inspect cargo?

The customs agents who handle MSY spend most of their time at the Port now, and go to the airport as needed, although at least one or two agents are here most of the day since the airport is still one of the few in the region to have 24/7 customs access....usually there are at least several private aircraft a day clearing customs here before going on their way. They park at C1, or if 1 is occupied, the C3 apron.

unitedMSY

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:01 pm

lol thats how GPT got the name "International", when they got charters in from YYZ, yayy1 They lasted like 2 months, but of course, they keep the name. When I commuted back into MSY I saw the Thomasfly counter, I was wondering what that was about, now I see. Glad to see all this traffic at MSY!

ConcordeBoy

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:03 pm

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 59):
usually there are at least several private aircraft a day clearing customs here before going on their way.

would you say the charter customs demand is equivalent back to the days when Britney's jet was tying everything up.... or changed for the busier/slower?

Tom?

ConcordeBoy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:19 am

Also, so it could be on the record... when're the next such Eurodays scheduled for here?

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:34 am

Well C-Boy, yesterday I counted no less than six aircraft...learjets and gulfstreams....from Mexico and Canada...clearing customs at C-1. Things have been very busy lately.

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:42 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 62):
Also, so it could be on the record... when're the next such Eurodays scheduled for here?

They're due back in November.

.....but, widebodies will be making an appearance here tomorrow and Monday...as well as on 3/1 and 3/2...in the form of oversold DL 763's to ATL.

ConcordeBoy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:46 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 64):
in the form of oversold DL 763's to ATL.

That's for that convention, is it not?

Also, have they released any manner of beefed-up schedule from here yet? I haven't seen their capacity this low here in a while; since like the weeks after KillerK.

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:54 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 65):
That's for that convention, is it not?

Also, have they released any manner of beefed-up schedule from here yet? I haven't seen their capacity this low here in a while; since like the weeks after KillerK.

I think the upgrades are for a convention, yes.

DL has cut capacity to many cities along the Gulf Coast and really throughout the country. Plenty of markets which were seeing 10/11 dailies to ATL are now seeing 7/8. Lack of aircraft, perhaps? It looks like they'll be doing 8 mainline for the next two months, then revert back to 7 mainline / 1 connection in May. At least we're seeing the 757's again, although not nearly as many as before. Also, according to DL reps the new LAX nonsop is doing very well...not really a great surprise seeing how they always filled the flight when it was a L1011/767....738 should be no problem!

ConcordeBoy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:13 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 66):
Plenty of markets which were seeing 10/11 dailies to ATL are now seeing 7/8. Lack of aircraft, perhaps?

No. Conscious decision on their part to rebalance their domestic:international ratio.

At least we're seeing the 757's again

How many?

the new LAX nonsop is doing very well...not really a great surprise seeing how they always filled the flight when it was a L1011/767....738 should be no problem!

Well, that and WN is no longer in the market.

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:59 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 67):
How many?

One...some days two.

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 67):
Well, that and WN is no longer in the market.

Needless to say DL offers a far superior product than WN. I'm glad DL stepped up to the plate and recognized a demand for more nonstop service.

FYI, look for Ted to make his return on MSY-LAX starting the first week of May....two dailies.

MSYguy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:06 am

Thanks, guys. A wealth of information, this board

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 68):
FYI, look for Ted to make his return on MSY-LAX starting the first week of May....two dailies.

I'm confused. Ted's previous service was to DEN, right? Will the two Ted flights that you describe be in addition to the one LAX of UA? Or will they replace it? So we'll have 3x or 4x to LAX between UA/Ted and DL?

N1120A

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:13 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 68):

Will that be in addition to the 2x mainline or will it be another capacity swap?
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

MSYtristar
Topic Author

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:16 am

Quoting MSYguy (Reply 69):
Ted's previous service was to DEN, right? Will the two Ted flights that you describe be in addition to the one LAX of UA? Or will they replace it? So we'll have 3x or 4x to LAX between UA/Ted and DL?

DEN will stay Ted 2x daily....Ted will replace the two mainline UA flights now operating MSY-LAX....they did it last year, and I was hoping it would be a one time thing (due to the less-than-stellar service on ted), but I guess not. On the bright side it means more seats in the market. MSY-LAX will still have 3 daily nonstops, 2 on Ted, 1 on DL.

pred02

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:22 am

Quoting ConcordeBoy (Reply 12):
PS - I am in love with the flight attendants on the Monarch/Thomas Cook/Thomsonfly/Virgin birds. All of them are knockouts. And that accent...oh man...that'll be the death of me!

I bet most of them are not-British then... must be East European or something  Smile

MSYguy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:30 am

Quoting MSYtristar (Reply 71):
DEN will stay Ted 2x daily....Ted will replace the two mainline UA flights now operating MSY-LAX....they did it last year, and I was hoping it would be a one time thing (due to the less-than-stellar service on ted), but I guess not. On the bright side it means more seats in the market. MSY-LAX will still have 3 daily nonstops, 2 on Ted, 1 on DL.

Thanks. It's interesting that UA/Ted would have 2x to LAX while not restoring anything to SFO. Coupled with the loss, post-storm, of the WN service to OAK, it seems like there is probably unmet demand to the Bay Area.

ConcordeBoy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 am

Quoting Pred02 (Reply 72):
I bet most of them are not-British then... must be East European or something

Um, careful who you quote... I didn't write any of that nonsense.

[Edited 2007-02-24 23:33:29]

ConcordeBoy

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:34 am

Quoting MSYguy (Reply 73):
it seems like there is probably unmet demand to the Bay Area.

UA's station management here seems to agree... as they've been quite adamant about the need for Bay-area services to return.

BMED

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:32 am

Quoting Humberside (Reply 28):
Are Bath Travel, the BOH area tour operator involved with these flights - could explain there being so many BOH flights compared to other destinations

Quoting Planesarecool (Reply 43):
with it's close proximity to Southampton, there are many 'frequent cruisers' in the area, doing Southampton-Europe in the summer, and Caribbean cruises in the Winter

Bath Travel have a very loyal customer base and many of its customers return year after year. Also, as pointed out cruisers are big with Southampton not been to far away. Many people do fly and cruise normally in the Med or fly to New York and cruise back or vis versa. Depends on the time of year. As a result there are a fair amount of cruise related charters. Not too long back there was a cruise and fly when the Queen Mary 2 came into service. Passengers choose to either fly on a Titan B757 one way and cruise back the other way.
Living the jetset life! No better way to be

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos