Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

KLMA330
Topic Author

Thank You Continental

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Hello,

Just thought I'd share a positive customer service experience I just had with Continental today. Firstly, I called to change a flight I had booked on expedia earlier this month to Orlando. Needed to change the dates. Called and this lovely lady helped me rearrange everything with a relatively small penalty.. then, about 5 or so hours later, I realised that these dates didn't work either, and had to change the return to be sooner. I promise, this was the final deal, however, would it cost me again??

Nice gent on the line took care of it for me no problems, no questions, and with a smile. This will be my first time flying on CO and look forward to it even more so now.

Thanks,
Billy.

RandyWaldron

RE: Thank You Continental

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:36 pm

I'm glad to hear about your positive experience. However, I hope that you do share this experience with Continental and if you can recall, share with them the name of the Agent who assisted you.

CO is a GREAT airline!
"Flaps 20, gear down, landing checklist please..."

AA737-823

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Always good to hear that my favorite carrier is taking good care of their customers!

Keep flying CO!

IAHFLYR

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:16 pm

Quoting RandyWaldron (Reply 1):
I hope that you do share this experience with Continental and if you can recall, share with them the name of the Agent who assisted you.

Even if you don't have the agents name call them anyway, 1-800-WECARE2 and tell the customer service folks your experience, give them your confirmation number and they are able to retrieve the employees who have worked on your reservation. Ask that their manager get notified of their positive can do attitude or whatever you feel.....that stuff does get to the employee and will make their day.

Quoting AA737-823 (Reply 2):
Keep flying CO!

bigthumbsup 
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

DiscoverCSG

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:40 pm

As a mostly leisure flyer, I've gotten Silver Elite status on Continental.

I initially chose CO because the price and time were favorable. I stayed with CO because their customer service was surprisingly good. While I mean no disrepect to hard-working people anywhere, the fact is that as an American English speaker, it's far easier to deal with an American English-speaking phone agent in SLC or wherever than it was the couple times I've had to call DL and gotten an Indian phone agent: once on DL, my name got misspelled, causing all kinds of headaches - and never mind trying to spell my OnePass number.

Again, I mean no disrespect to the fine people of India or anyplace else, but the fact is that I've consistently had much better service from CO than from others: agents who understand policies (usually!), who treat me courteously, and who thank me for my business.

And then there are no-extra-cost meals, pillows, blankets ... ahh, the luxuries of coach class travel!!

While I'm sure others might cite negative CO experiences and positive ones elsewhere, I'm glad there's a CO to get most of my business.

iahflyer

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:02 pm

Quoting DiscoverCSG (Reply 4):
And then there are no-extra-cost meals, pillows, blankets ... ahh, the luxuries of coach class travel!!

Yes, those truly are luxuries in coach, thanks you CO for the great service, also just imagine what B.F. is like!!!
Little airports with the big jets are the best!! Floyd

Cory6188

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:05 pm

While I mean no disrepect to hard-working people anywhere, the fact is that as an American English speaker, it's far easier to deal with an American English-speaking phone agent in SLC or wherever than it was the couple times I've had to call DL and gotten an Indian phone agent

Amen to that! I was just booking a trip for my family to go to Hawaii in December on CO, and I was having some issues with getting tickets confirmed using miles on HA for interisland flights. The TPA-based agent that I was working with was incredibly helpful and knew exactly what to do; even though it took nearly an hour on the phone, I didn't feel frustrated in the least. In fact, the agent was actually from Hawaii, so instead of putting me on hold, she talked with me the whole time about plans for my trip and recommendations on where to stay and what to do while there while she was working on my reservations. If I had been speaking with "Ralph" from Bangalore, I sincerely doubt that I would have gotten even half as far as I did, and I certainly would not have gotten such excellent, personal service.

IAHFLYR

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:10 pm

Quoting IAHFLYER (Reply 5):
B.F. is like

I got scolded yesterday on some thread for saying BF...was told it was business not business first    which I found funny as it is CO's product so they are able to name it what they want!

Hey iahflyEr, you trying to steal my name or what????

[Edited 2007-02-15 15:12:09]
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

iahflyer

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:23 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 7):
Hey iahflyEr, you trying to steal my name or what????

Nope, and if i am correct a whiile back after my first post we already discussed this. Also ya looking forward to seeing EK from the Tower?
Little airports with the big jets are the best!! Floyd

TSS

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:04 am

It's threads like this one that have made me decide to give Continental a second chance.

Last October I flew with them for the first time (BHM-IAH-RNO and the same route back), and I wasn't much impressed with the service onboard the flights. Granted, I was one of very few people on these flights who seemed to be travelling for pleasure rather than business in coach, but I don't think wearing a T-shirt and blue jeans in a sea of suits is an excuse for a surly attitude from flight attendants, nor do I think asking for a second cup of coffee was an unreasonable request...especially on a flight that departed at 6:35 am. Also granted that this nasty attitude came primarily from one flight attendant on the first flight from BHM to IAH, but it did set the tone for the rest of the Continental experience for me, particularly when I observed that same flight attendant all but sit in the laps of other male passengers who were wearing suits.

I am perfectly willing to accept that anyone can have a bad day, and the numerous glowing testimonials to Continental on this website have convinced me that perhaps my relationship with CO simply got off to a bad start. Come April, I'll know for sure.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

IAHFLYR

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:12 am

Quoting TSS (Reply 9):
Come April, I'll know for sure.

Excellent....

EWRCabincrew

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:20 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 7):
I got scolded yesterday on some thread for saying BF...was told it was business not business first which I found funny as it is CO's product so they are able to name it what they want!

Who scolded you?    Who needs a talking to?

For the record, you are correct. It is Business/First. We haven't had business class in years. It went out with the old regime.

To all that fly us or about to fly us, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

[Edited 2007-02-15 21:21:19]
You can't cure stupid

IAHFLYR

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:25 am

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 11):
Who needs a talking to?

crackup 

Now you see why you are on my RU list?  Smile

I'll have to find that thread later today and let you know........  ouch 

KLMA330
Topic Author

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:53 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 3):
Even if you don't have the agents name call them anyway, 1-800-WECARE2 and tell the customer service folks your experience, give them your confirmation number and they are able to retrieve the employees who have worked on your reservation. Ask that their manager get notified of their positive can do attitude or whatever you feel.....that stuff does get to the employee and will make their day.

Great suggestion, did just that  Smile

IAHFLYR

Fri Feb 16, 2007 6:47 am

Who scolded you? Who needs a talking to?

Found it! Have at it!!!
How Ia The First Class On Continental's 757's? (by JamesJimlb Feb 14 2007 in Aviation Polls & Prefs)

coerj

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:00 pm

CO truly is a great airline. Living by EWR I really don't have much of a choice, but I am very satisfied with the airline, especially with their international service. They dominate over the other legacy carriers because they provide consistency in their service, friendly staff, and superb professionalism.

Hope you enjoy your flight with them, I'll be flying this Sat., can't wait.

WesternA318

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:16 pm

Quoting AA737-823 (Reply 2):
Keep flying CO!

{Bigthumbsup}

it's far easier to deal with an American English-speaking phone agent in SLC or wherever than it was the couple times I've had to call DL and gotten an Indian phone agent: once on DL, my name got misspelled, causing all kinds of headaches - and never mind trying to spell my OnePass number

Quoting Cory6188 (Reply 6):
If I had been speaking with "Ralph" from Bangalore, I sincerely doubt that I would have gotten even half as far as I did, and I certainly would not have gotten such excellent, personal service.

LMAO, and who has the hub in SLC again??  rotfl  Y'al wont believe how many times Ive called DL just for fun (23 times this year) and how many times did I get a non-DL/US call center? Yep...21 times it was in some hut in Tajikstan, with "Frank" or "Betty". Yeesh...thank heavens for airlines like CO who properly route, then help their customers.

Quoting TSS (Reply 9):
Come April, I'll know for sure

I sincerely hope you have a pleasant experience.

To all that fly us or about to fly us, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Here, here, i second that!

Quoting COERJ (Reply 15):
They dominate over the other legacy carriers because they provide consistency in their service, friendly staff, and superb professionalism.

Mmm, all the reasons to fly 'em

FlyHoss

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:16 pm

Quoting TSS (Reply 9):
It's threads like this one that have made me decide to give Continental a second chance

I genuinely hope that you do give CO, my carrier (employer), another chance. I hope that we can become your carrier of choice.
A little bit louder now, a lil bit louder now...

COEI2007

Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:58 am

I love that!!! Maybe beeing able to look up people's pic's on Coair isnt such a good idea afterall!!!!

yellowtail

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:17 am

I have had nothing but good experiences with the staff here in BZE........granted I know them all by now, but they are always very nice and very accomodating......that is why I fly them whenever possible....
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:58 am

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 16):
LMAO, and who has the hub in SLC again?? Y'al wont believe how many times Ive called DL just for fun (23 times this year) and how many times did I get a non-DL/US call center? Yep...21 times it was in some hut in Tajikstan, with "Frank" or "Betty". Yeesh...thank heavens for airlines like CO who properly route, then help their customers.

UA has the same problem. Even when I call the Premier line I get routed to some of the finest people in India who can't even do a seat change. I know from experience multiple times.

I flew CO a ton when they had the MD80s. I really don't fly them now since they are pretty much narrowbody 3-3 seating. If they had more 2-3 or 2-3-2 seating I would fly them in a second

EWRCabincrew

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:01 am

We'd still be happy to have you onboard, when you do come back.

Smile
You can't cure stupid

jamesjimlb

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:05 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 14):

Found it! Have at it!!!

How Ia The First Class On Continental's 757's? (by JamesJimlb Feb 14 2007 in Aviation Polls & Prefs)

Thats my post, sweet!
The sky is no longer the limit, but the mere minimum

adizzy

Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:22 am

Glad you had a GREAt experiance with them. Last month i called up to book flights to Paris. The agent informed me that the fare was 496.67 per passenger and I was like ok....I would like to go ahead an book them. After we got through names etc...the line went dead. I called right back and started the process over and the pirce went up too 1,067.00! I was like i was just on the phone with someone and it was this much!

The response i got was:

That fare never exsisted and stop trying to con us for a cheaper price! I was like OKAY never flying them!

IAHFLYR

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:15 am

Quoting 1011 (Reply 20):
flew CO a ton when they had the MD80s. I really don't fly them now since they are pretty much narrowbody 3-3 seating. If they had more 2-3 or 2-3-2 seating I would fly them in a second

Maybe you should anyway since many who do fly them love their fleet make-up, service, destinations, and OnePass program. The "WORK HARD FLY RIGHT" motto is certainly true.

ContnlEliteCMH

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:41 am

Man, I got the shakes. I haven't flown in about nine months now and threads like this one make me miss my favorite airline.

Sadly, my platinum status expires this month. I didn't fly enough in 2006 to even attain silver. This is what two sons in 49 weeks will do to a traveling man -- compel him to find work close to home so he can come home to them every night. Is it worth it? Yes! But I surely miss my four segments per week on Continental. At least I still have 174,000 FF miles I can use to scratch the itch. Good thing, too. I got the Vegas shakes. too. Now, to con the kids of on the in-laws...

Soon to be... ContnlEliteNoMoreCMH.
Christianity. Islam. Hinduism. Anthropogenic Global Warming. All are matters of faith!

qslinger

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:43 am

Quoting KLMA330 (Thread starter):
Nice gent on the line took care of it for me

checkmark 

I had the same excellent experience from Continental. My parents could not use their MSY to JKF sector back in 2003 Feb cos of the bad weather in NY. When I told the agent that, he more than gladly refunded my money without any penalty!

A few days later I did call up Continental customer service and told them how great their service was and how helpful their agent was.

Cheers!
Raj Koona

IAHFLYR

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:00 am

Quoting ContnlEliteCMH (Reply 25):
Soon to be... ContnlEliteNoMoreCMH.

Hey you'll always be Platinum in my CO RU book pal.....keep that name!  Smile

EWRCabincrew

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:39 am

Quoting ADiZzy (Reply 23):
That fare never exsisted and stop trying to con us for a cheaper price! I was like OKAY never flying them!

You get crappy service one time and you will never fly us, based on one experience? What happens when you get crappy service from other places? Sometimes you have to give the benefit of the doubt.

FWIW, did you get the name of either res agent? Did you write it down? Did you write the company? Be proactive too. If you get crappy service, bring it to the attention of the company. If you stop using companies based on crappy experience, soon you'll be shopping from home. Business is not perfect, based on people are not perfect. But don't let the crappy ones overshadow a geat company.

Hope to see you on a flight, especially mine.

Bill
You can't cure stupid

LV

Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:55 am

I had a deal last April where my flight on CO went MX. The agent at the check in counter at IND, without batting an eye, offered to rebook me on NW on CO's dime. And, they booked me on a flight that got me to where I was going only a half an hour later then I was supposed to get there. That's why I perfer CO.
Just one thing, I emailed customer service to tell them how much I appreciated it and never got an acknowldgement of any kind. Not that I wanted a thank you from CO, but I wanted to know that my kind words were recieved and getting passed on to frontline workers at IND for their effort.

To bad lately the way things work out DL has been the carrier I seem to spend the most time on.

NBGSkyGod

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:05 am

I flew CO a few years ago, I had planned a trip from MSY -SNA then SNA - BWI and back to MSY. The day before my trip my grandfather died in Baltimore, I called CO at O-dark thrity in the morning and got a wonderful lady who reschedualed my flight to MSY BWI BWI SNA SNA MSY. Once I got to Baltimore it came that I was not going to be able to go to SNA as planned so I called again to change my plans to extend my stay and fly back to MSY. The agent changed my itenerary for me with out any problems. and the fee for all of this $0.

In all of my time flying CO I have never had a problem that couldn't be fixed with a smile. On another trip the agent called me at home to let me know my orriginal flight had been canceled and that I was already re-booked on another flight.

They are simply the best major carrier in the United States hands down.
Pilots are idiots, who at any given moment will attempt to kill themselves or others.

IAHFLYR

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting ADiZzy (Reply 23):
I called right back and started the process over

Maybe had you used the website and booked it there you wouldn't have had the line go dead! The CO website is easy to use, has at times better fares and always provides you with a chance to review your reservation for possible changes or better seats.

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 28):
Be proactive too. If you get crappy service, bring it to the attention of the company. If you stop using companies based on crappy experience, soon you'll be shopping from home. Business is not perfect, based on people are not perfect. But don't let the crappy ones overshadow a geat company.

So true.....and on the other side of the crappy rude service, I always compliment employees on my flights that are just fun friendly people, thanking them for their service and help, and that also goes for other employees you run into in the terminal, on the phone if you all and like our pal on here Lincoln said, give them a card or come with something like chocolates to show your appreciation. They spoil me for sure, I am going to spoil them and continue to.

Funny, even when we've had a rude flight attendant initially, being friendly, always thanking them for the drink or keeping the water glass topped off they in most cases end up talking to us and making new friends!

EWRCabincrew is correct, always contact customer care if you have a bad experience.....that is the only way it gets fixed.

FLY CONTINEINTAL

dutchjet

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:20 am

CO is a full service airline led by hardworking dedicated employees.......full service means more than meals and pillows, full service also means front line employees that do the best that they can for their pax. On numerous occassions, the men and women of CO have provided extraordinary service to me and my partner and it is appreciated - they have proved that WORK HARD, FLY RIGHT is more than just a marketing expression.

Bravo and Many Thanks.

WesternA318

Sun Feb 18, 2007 10:40 am

Quoting Dutchjet (Reply 32):
CO is a full service airline led by hardworking dedicated employees.......full service means more than meals and pillows, full service also means front line employees that do the best that they can for their pax. On numerous occassions, the men and women of CO have provided extraordinary service to me and my partner and it is appreciated - they have proved that WORK HARD, FLY RIGHT is more than just a marketing expression.

checkmark  If youre ever in SLC or IAH, let me know, I'm treating you to a steak...

adizzy

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:04 am

Quoting IAHFLYR (Reply 31):
Maybe had you used the website and booked it there you wouldn't have had the line go dead! The CO website is easy to use, has at times better fares and always provides you with a chance to review your reservation for possible changes or better seats.

The CO website listed the fare and when it ca,e time to enter my credit information it said "Im sorry, but that no longer available"!

ikramerica

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 am

Quoting TSS (Reply 9):
Also granted that this nasty attitude came primarily from one flight attendant on the first flight from BHM to IAH

Wasn't this a COEx flight? I find them to be fantastic, but with only one F/A on the plane, you can occasionally get one who's having a bad day, or is just a jerk. Can't condemn a whole airline for the actions of one overworked F/A on an early morning flight.

Quoting NBGskygod (Reply 30):
The day before my trip my grandfather died in Baltimore

Had this happen last week. Was supposed to go LAX-IAH-SRQ-EWR-IAH-LAX over a 5 day span, but my grandfather died last Thursday, and his funeral was in NYC, so had to rebook last minute LAX-EWR-SRQ-IAH-LAX earlier than my original dates, which was a complete reverse of direction, with one fewer segment.

A very nice southern woman (sounded African American, but you never know without meeting someone) was very helpful and sweet, waved all change fees, etc. I had to book the ticket before I knew if the funeral was Sunday or Monday, so when i found out, I had to call back the next day to change the EWR-SRQ flight to Tuesday. The second rep wasn't as friendly (a white guy, from the sound of it), but he still waived the change fee again, though said they would not waive it a third time, which was fine because I was not going to need to change it a third time.

Due to all the changes, my reservation disappeared from my account online Wednesday (listed as past, with original flights in the record, not changed flights), and when in SRQ I called CO worried that something had happened. Another American woman answered, and assured me over and over that the reservation was still valid, my flights and seats were confirmed, and it was just an error with co.com due to all the changes and because my trip was changed from 5 to 4 segments. Since the date of my original first flight had past without me flying, the online system, which isn't directly linked to the real system, may have thought I didn't show, but the real system (their system) was the only one that mattered. She told me how to look up the reservation using the confirmation number, even though it was the same as the false record, and sure enough it was there, correct. Very nice, and I was happy that I wasn't talking to India because though they are always nice, they can rarely help, and in this situation, they would have been very, very confused.

As a comparison, I called DishNetwork today to activate an old receiver, and did reach India, and the guy was nice, but could not help at all, since my 10 year old receiver was not on his list and my request fell off his script. He kept calling it NEW. But he was nice enough to transfer me to another person in the USA, who was able to solve the problem right away. How much did they pay the man in India to do nothing? How does this save them any money? Only the snake oil companies in India selling fake tech support to American companies can explain that one...  Wink
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

dutchjet

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:51 pm

Quoting ADiZzy (Reply 34):

The CO website listed the fare and when it ca,e time to enter my credit information it said "Im sorry, but that no longer available"!

Ever consider that another person actually completed the transaction to purchase those seats (either online or while talking with a CO agent) while you were attempting to make your reservation? It does happen from time to time.....the inventory of bargain seats on flights is sometimes extremely limited and/or there were only one or two seats left in the cheap fare bucket.....in the couple of minutes it took from you locating the fare until trying to complete the transaction, the cheap seats were gone.

Yes, it sucks, but it happens.....for example, expedia and the other search engines sometimes quote a price only to reprice a few moments later, thats yeild managment. Its not an issue unique to CO.

PA101

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:13 pm

Just as I posted in another thread:
with CO serving many secondary European airports such as HAM, TXL, BRU, EDI and so on directly from EWR, and their nowadays - as far as I'm told, didn't have the chance to fly them yet (I will change that in April... ) - enhanced customer service, they slowly work their way up to one of the preferred choices for transatlantic flights. For example: as a German, I have hardly any reason to fly AA - they just serve FRA and only from ORD and DFW - so basically, the whole east-coast is blocked out from conveniant connections...

All I heard about COs recent services so far was positive:
friends of mine from PDX came over to Berlin last September, and really appreciated the one-stop service via EWR. They were also pleasently surprised by their inflight service, compared to what they were used from DL, WN and HP on domestic flights.

Compared to where CO stood in the mid 90s (under Chapter 11, famous for crappy inflight service and an aging fleet), at least they used the last 10 years wisely!