Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

deltadawg
Topic Author

E70 @ MDW With No Markings?

Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:59 pm

Checked into the Hilton Garden Inn @ MDW after arriving yesterday afternoon on ATL-MDW on a CRJ700. About 7:30pm I looked out and saw a E70 or 75 lining up to take off. It was completely white except for the tail, the tail was solid blue and fueslage had no writing or insignias.

Unfortunately I was not able to get my camera fast enough to get a photo as it was already spooling up and rolling down the runway. From the blue tail I thought it might have been a DL Connection (Shuttle America) plane that has not been completley painted yet. Would they put one into service before having the livery finished?

Any DL Connection people at MDW know?
GO Dawgs, Sic' em, woof woof woof

Cadet57

RE: E70 @ MDW With No Markings?

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:08 pm

I think its one of the Republic or other RJ carriers that fly for both DL and UA so it has a generic color scheme.
Doors open, right hand side, next stop is Springfield.

steeler83

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:10 pm

Maybe it's a private E70/75. I saw a private DC9 before that was all white and had some stripe going along the side of the fuselage and up the tail fin...
Do not bring stranger girt into your room. The stranger girt is dangerous, it will hurt your life.

PExDCA

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:31 pm

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Thread starter):
It was completely white except for the tail, the tail was solid blue and fueslage had no writing or insignias.

I was flying thru DFW last summer and saw 2 170's with the markings you describe at adjacent DL gates.  airplane 
"A single twig breaks, but the bundle of twigs is strong." - Tecumseh

northwestEWR

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:33 pm

Those are Shuttle America aircraft.
Northwest Airlines - Now You're Flying Smart

jogales

Wed Feb 21, 2007 1:40 pm

From the photo database, it looks like N860RP and N979RP of Shuttle America are white with a blue tail.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Erick Stamm
View Large View Medium

Photo © Nathan Zalcman - AirTeamImages

Here's some more photos:
https://www.airliners.net/search/phot...e%20America%29&distinct_entry=true

Josh
-

deltadawg
Topic Author

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:12 pm

Quoting Jogales (Reply 5):
From the photo database, it looks like N860RP and N979RP of Shuttle America are white with a blue tail.

That appears to be them.

I really have gotten to like these a/c. I will be in seat 2A on the way back to ATL tomorrow at 12:30.

Thanks

Cubsrule

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:14 am

N860RW is in the UA configuration, and N979RP is in the DL configuration, but the two do cross sometimes (note that the picture of 860 above was taken at ATL). There's a little more information on these birds at "Wildcard" S5 170s (by Cubsrule May 30 2006 in Civil Aviation).
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

mycrj17

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:48 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Thread starter):
Any DL Connection people at MDW know?

I used to but my Girlfriend still worked there, and she said that the ramp is a mess, they have so many flights and they still don't have a gate, they are using A-1 or 2 and C-1 or 3, for now. They just got a new Station Manager ( That makes three in 2 years) but he is still not making the shot's, the GM from CVG and other Manager's from SPI and MKE are making the shots, and they have 16 TDY's that are trying to help out but I heard that they are getting in the way of the vet's...But that E170 comes in every other days, 1st I thought that is was a B6 AC at one point....

Matt
GO CUBS GO!!!!!

ordryan28

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:04 am

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 6):
That appears to be them.

I'm sure it must have been- I've seen an a/c like that at MDW and ORD before.

View Large View Medium

Photo © Gabriel Widyna EPKKspotters

Whoever said winning is not everything never fought cancer.

srbmod

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:06 am

Quoting Cubsrule (Reply 7):
N860RW is in the UA configuration, and N979RP is in the DL configuration, but the two do cross sometimes (note that the picture of 860 above was taken at ATL). There's a little more information on these birds at "Wildcard" S5 170s (by Cubsrule May 30 2006 in Civil Aviation).

Actually, S5 does operate some IAD-ATL-IAD and DEN-ATL-DEN flights for United Express.

jbmitt

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:12 am

I saw both jets at CMH on 2/15. I took the Delta one to ATL, and the UA operated for DL, but I'm unsure of to which destination. I wish I had known that there were only 2, and each with a different config and I would have taken appropriate pics.

deltadawg
Topic Author

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:54 pm

I wish DL would get off the pot and either make a commitment to MDW or not. I really find flying into MDW more convenient than ORD but d*amn if I haven't gotten tired of the constant changes there on DL. Years ago it was C1 with mainline and sometimes CRJ's, then a couple of years ago it was B23 with mainline and CRJ's, then A1 with CRJ's only, then A1 with CRJ & E70's, now expanding routes again including LGA and now CRJ's and E70's but the gates are now A1 & C3. NW & CO run a mix of mainline equipment and regionals into MDW but DL just can't seem to make up their mind.

They used to run MD's and 738's into MDW and they were always full. What are the chances of seeing some MD's at least back into MDW? C3 could handle the MD's.

Cubsrule

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:43 pm

Quoting Srbmod (Reply 10):
Actually, S5 does operate some IAD-ATL-IAD and DEN-ATL-DEN flights for United Express.

True, though I thought it was operating a DL flight based on the picture. Thinking about it more, though, it could have been pushing from T. It's tough to tell between a lot of the concourses at ATL from the outside...

Quoting DeltaDAWG (Reply 12):
What are the chances of seeing some MD's at least back into MDW? C3 could handle the MD's.

I'd prefer an E70 to a M88 any day...
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos