Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

adizzy
Topic Author

B6 Customer Service Ground Operations Interview

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:20 pm

Hey Guys
I am attending a group interview next week at JetBlue Airways for a ground operations position in Boston. I was told that it is on this day that they decide whether or not they will be hiring you! Can anyone give me a head up on what to expect? What type of questions would be they be asking when one is interviewing for a ground ops position?

I did interview with them a few months ago for an Inflight Crew position and it also what a group interview that asked questions about customer service skills. My recruiter then told me I was a good candidate for the position but they decided to no longer hire new Inflight Crew candidate's because of the offset delivery schedule of aircraft.

ANy help will be very much appreciated!

Alex

captover

RE: B6 Customer Service Ground Operations Intervie

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:01 am

JetBlue interviews for customer service are probably the same format as inflight interviews. I was in one last year and all they did was throw a whole bunch of kool aid at you for the first 2 hours, then let everyone know what disqualified them from being hired (mostly having to do with US Mail regs.), that they would only be hiring a maximum 40% of the people attending, and that if you were selected, you would have to wait at least 4 weeks for a training date, followed by 3 weeks of training. I just thought that they needed to be a little more upfront about the entire process in the beginning. It wasted a lot of people's time who did not qualify/ did not want to deal with their process.

flyabunch

RE: B6 Customer Service Ground Operations Interview

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 am

Quoting Captover (Reply 1):
(mostly having to do with US Mail regs.)

Sorry for my ignorance on this point, what is it about US Mail regs. that would disqualify from employment? Lack of a valid address? Lack of US residency? Please explain.

Mike

WMUPilot

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:42 am

BOS is a great station to work at. I like being based up there as we have a small crew base and mostly everybody gets along. There is a nice crew lounge where some ground and airport operations come in and watch TV. It seems to be a lot less stressful then working at JFK. I don't know many of the GO people so I don't know how they operate or what their feelings are, but for the most part they do a wonderful job.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

WMUPilot

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:44 am

Quoting Flyabunch (Reply 2):
Sorry for my ignorance on this point, what is it about US Mail regs. that would disqualify from employment? Lack of a valid address? Lack of US residency? Please explain.

I don't think you can have a criminal record or something like that. I'm trying to remember from when I worked ground and had to get a seperate fingerprint for the mail contract but I can't remember the regs behind it.

flyabunch

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:49 am

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 4):
I don't think you can have a criminal record or something like that. I'm trying to remember from when I worked ground and had to get a seperate fingerprint for the mail contract but I can't remember the regs behind it.

Ah...thank you. I forgot about that angle. It all makes sense now. Thanks for the education.

Mike

Bridogger6

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:08 am

They will ask if you're willing to leave passengers on an aircraft for 10+ hours, I think your answer has to be "Yes, but I will be willing to compensate them with a free flight." I think that's the toughest question they'll ask. Good luck! Hehe...

(P.S. I am just kidding, nothing against B6)

WMUPilot

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:43 am

Quoting Bridogger6 (Reply 6):
They will ask if you're willing to leave passengers on an aircraft for 10+ hours, I think your answer has to be "Yes, but I will be willing to compensate them with a free flight." I think that's the toughest question they'll ask. Good luck! Hehe...

That really has nothing to do with a ground ops position. Despite you "just kidding" remark.

SurferX

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:10 pm

Basically, just be yourself during the interview and remember that it's a customer service position so there will be a lot of CS questions. Just be prepared.

Also, check out my blog about the training...

http://web.mac.com/zwinnick/

The BOS station is great. I went through training with a couple of guys there (or they might not be...It was 4 months ago) and they were great guys.

Have fun, and good luck!

[Edited 2007-02-23 05:12:35]

adizzy
Topic Author

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:21 pm

I hope i get it...although my luck is that I will not. that you for taking time to comment....and Zak......thats for refering me to the blog...it was GREAT!

B6sFinest

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:48 am

I started back in 02 and I knew nothing about the company. So I researched what I could about the company. I fell in love with them. Yes I had to wait almost 6 weeks but if your serious about the company and are looking to do something like move up once your in the im telling you its well worth the wait. Back to researching the company. I would definetly do that. And as always just be yourself...Dont be uptight. Jetblue is a diffrent kind of airline. Its ok to smile! We have 5 values at Jetblue, two of them being fun and passion. So show a liitle of both and you will be alright.....
Got Blue?

SurferX

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:29 am

^^ No problem...Just trying to help out!

malaysia

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:28 am

I was directly invited to a normal interview for a Crew member at B6, did not have to go to any open house etc, they did not explain the company to me really, but just did one on one with a recruiter and the manager, and it was scheduled for 20:00 on a Thursday night, which was pretty odd. I was accepted about 5 weeks later, but I turned it down cause it was part-time back then. (they were not sure on whether a full-time or part-time was open at the interview though)
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

B6sFinest

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:59 am

Malaysia's experience is unique. Ive never heard of that. About 99 percent of the regular Ground Operations or Airport Operations positions that are out there are Part_time unless noted on the website. Ive never heard of anybody going thorugh the process like that. You can still get 40 plus hours a week and overtime as a partimer and within a few months most of the time Full Time comes open!
Got Blue?

SHUPirate1

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 pm

Quoting B6sFinest (Reply 13):
Malaysia's experience is unique.

That's because Malaysia is pulling your leg. This is the same person who claimed that he was, on two separate occasions, flown from the Far East to Dulles for an interview with Independence Air, once for a flight attendant position and once for a customer service position. Sorry, Malaysia, but if you want to pull somebody's leg, you might want to change your pseudonym so you MAYBE have a chance at not being called out on the carpet.
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

SurferX

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:25 pm

My interview experience was very similar to Malaysia's...I applied for a full-time, did the phone interview, went down to the airport for a one-on-one interview, called the recruiter after I saw that a part-time position opened, had them switch me from full-time to part-time, and was hired immediately after my background check came back clean. I had to wait about a month and a half to go to training, but that was because of my school schedule, which they worked around with no problem...

malaysia

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:37 pm

Quoting B6sFinest (Reply 13):
Malaysia's experience is unique. Ive never heard of that. About 99 percent of the regular Ground Operations or Airport Operations positions that are out there are Part_time unless noted on the website. Ive never heard of anybody going thorugh the process like that. You can still get 40 plus hours a week and overtime as a partimer and within a few months most of the time Full Time comes open!

I wanted guaranteed full-time at the moment. I know it was part-time, but another airline offered me full-time off the bat so I took that offer a week before B6 returned my call.

I was not at a open house for B6, I had a friend at B6 who referred me and they were doing a small interview session at a hotel for a few openings, and I was asked to come in the evening.

SHUPIRATE and by the way You cannot forget my statement about Asia to Dulles, that was a joke! I was making fun of you complaining about not getting your way to a DH interview. You cant take sarcasm. Why does it haunt you. I haunt you ooooh BOO!
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

SHUPirate1

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:51 pm

Quoting Malaysia (Reply 16):
SHUPIRATE and by the way You cannot forget my statement about Asia to Dulles, that was a joke! I was making fun of you complaining about not getting your way to a DH interview. You cant take sarcasm. Why does it haunt you. I haunt you ooooh BOO!

No, Malaysia...you do not haunt me. Kerry Skeen and B. Ben Baldanza haunt me...as well as the fact that they would select Mickey Mouse and Casper the Friendly Ghost, respectively, over me for jobs that I'm perfectly qualified for...
Burma's constitutional referendum options: A. Yes, B. Go to Insein Prison!

malaysia

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:02 pm

Quoting SHUPirate1 (Reply 17):
No, Malaysia...you do not haunt me. Kerry Skeen and B. Ben Baldanza haunt me...as well as the fact that they would select Mickey Mouse and Casper the Friendly Ghost, respectively, over me for jobs that I'm perfectly qualified for...

Well DH didnt do so well for some and also for some candidates. I would have only been hired since I went via an employee agency, but going directly through DH, maybe not.

I work for another Airline now, so I am okay where I am for now.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos