kl911
Topic Author

KLM And MAS Expand Codeshare Cooperation

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:44 pm

KLM and MAS expand codeshare cooperation on domestic Malaysian destinations

AMSTELVEEN, February 27, 2007 – KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and Malaysia Airlines (MAS) are further intensifying their codeshare cooperation.
From March 1, 2007, KLM passengers on flights between Amsterdam and Kuala Lumpur will be able to book under KLM flight numbers fot connecting domestic services operated by MAS between Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) and Penang, Langkawi, and Kota Kinabalu.

Full story: http://www.klm.com/travel/corporate_.../press_releases/index.htm?id=61704

KL911

keno

RE: KLM And MAS Expand Codeshare Cooperation

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:42 am

Part of MAS business turnaround plan is to operate more KUL-to-hub flights within Europe, with AMS being the key connecting point. Since then MAS has been signing codeshare deals with GF and DJ but why still nothing new with KLM thus far? (besides existing arrangement to Scandinavia)

HB-IWC

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:21 am

Additional MH-operated capacity on the KUL AMS route has been talked about for quite a while, but doesn't seem to materialize. The KLM-operated AMS KUL CGK route, on the other hand, seems to be going through a bit of a tough time, with yields reportedly not great. The route has seen a service reduction from daily to 6 weekly for the current winter schedule.

gffgold

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:53 am

As an occasional traveller on the CGK-KUL-AMS route (formerly CGK-SIN-AMS) I must say that whenever I have travelled the flights have been full so I'm left wondering why yields are so poor. 747Combi's are used on this run - is it cargo that is responsible for the loss?

It would be interesting to see the effect of a MAS operated component between KUL and AMS. I know which one I would use!

MAS777

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:05 am

Quoting HB-IWC (Reply 2):
The route has seen a service reduction from daily to 6 weekly for the current winter schedule.

I gather this goes back to daily from Mar07.

Interestingly - neither this nor the expanding codeshare with MAS was part of the recent press release by AF about the new AF-KL schedules (in another thread)... what a surprise...

HB-IWC

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Quoting GFFgold (Reply 3):
As an occasional traveller on the CGK-KUL-AMS route (formerly CGK-SIN-AMS) I must say that whenever I have travelled the flights have been full so I'm left wondering why yields are so poor. 747Combi's are used on this run - is it cargo that is responsible for the loss?

Quoting MAS777 (Reply 4):
I gather this goes back to daily from Mar07.

KL809/810 AMS KUL CGK is operated with a mix of combi B74Es and full passenger B744s, and has been reduced in frequency to 6 weekly for the winter but will go back to daily for the summer. Although load factors on the route have been very high, it is suffering from low yields because of the rather large amount of connecting traffic on MH via KUL and because economy fares on the KUL/CGK-Europe sectors have been under tremendous pressure because of the ever growing presence of the Middle Eastern operators on the same route.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos