Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AlexPorter
Topic Author

AA Opening First-class Lavs To Coach Pax

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:43 am

Excerpt: In a move the Fort Worth Star-Telegram (free registration) brands as "potty parity," American Airlines today will scrap its rule that requires passengers to stay in their class of the cabin when using the lavatory. That means that coach customers can now venture into the first class cabin if they have to use the bathroom.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/2007/03/potty_parity_aa.html
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

BigGSFO

RE: AA Opening First-class Lavs To Coach Pax

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:48 am

And they say AA is reducing the customer service experience in-flight.  Smile

WMUPilot

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:51 am

The folks in first aren't going to care too much for this. I'll only give it a matter before AA realises this and reinstates the policy.
JetBlue - Bringing humanity back to air travel

fxramper

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:54 am

This had to be one of the silliest rules AA had. If you need to use the washroom, you need to. I have no problem with a Y class pax using the bathroom in a F class cabin. It's not like AA is a SQ class experience anyways... duck 

cjh2007

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:58 am

If i would be an F/C(europe) pax i would think to myself... "I paid about 4 times more for my ticket, but please feel free to infringe one of the few "privileges" (domestic may it be inner american or european) F has"
It was fine the way it is/was and I'm sure they're gonna re-establish the policy in a matter of weeks. (i hope)

Cjh
Is it the kerosene, or is it just me...

LVTMB

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:59 am

Quoting AlexPorter (Thread starter):
American Airlines today will scrap its rule that requires passengers to stay in their class of the cabin when using the lavatory. That means that coach customers can now venture into the first class cabin if they have to use the bathroom.

Well, I noticed that they have removed 2 lavs form their 763's coach cabin, leaving only 2 lavs for the coach crowd. When you have to go, you have to go .....

MB

AlexPorter
Topic Author

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:03 am

I know in many cases, usually if not always on widebodies, lavs form part of the division between classes (i.e. J class, then lavs, then Y class). In cases like that, then I think its okay for the class behind the lavs to use them, but I don't think Y class should be able to walk all the way through F to use the forward lav (especially on red-eyes or longer flights where people sleep). I personally don't like this move, and I fly in Y class!
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

bagoldex

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:15 am

I never really cared much for AA's service to begin with but this is utterly ridiculous. I could not imagine sitting in business on JFK-SFO, or worse, JFK-LHR and having all these steerage passengers trouncing through so they don't have to wait for their own head. The idea of waiting for the can at 7k one way in first is even more insane when the guy you're waiting for paid $199 on expedia.

ContinentalEWR

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:18 am

Oh whatever. it's not like American's premium cabin service is anything to write home about. We're talking AA not VS, SQ, EK, or another airline with good service.

It's about time.

TAZA

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:20 am

Another example of a Corporation capitulating to some whiners ! I spent many years flying coach as I could not afford anything else. Now that I am able I fly first class whenever I travel. I do so because I am willing to pay for:

Better seating

Less crowding

Better choice of food

Better service

Easier lavatory access

I am willing to spend the extra money to take advantage of the above items. I am well aware that other people do not
have the financial ability to afford first class and that is too bad, but a fact of life. I have not flown AA in some time
and I certainly would not if they continue this assinine policy.
It takes less energy to love than to hate

captaink

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:21 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 3):
This had to be one of the silliest rules AA had. If you need to use the washroom, you need to. I have no problem with a Y class pax using the bathroom in a F class cabin. It's not like AA is a SQ class

I don't AA is the only airline with this policy in the first case.
Look Up

xjramper

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:21 am

This is kind of funny because there are people who disregard the rule anyways and sit in coach and still use the restroom in first. So I am not quite sure what the big deal is.

XJR
Look ma' no hands!

SPREE34

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:22 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 1):
And they say AA is reducing the customer service experience in-flight.

For those who paid to ride in a quieter, roomier cabin with no traffic or a line at the lav AA has blown it. This won't last long.

Quoting WMUPilot (Reply 2):
The folks in first aren't going to care too much for this. I'll only give it a matter before AA realises this and reinstates the policy.

I'm betting with you. I've started riding First and Business to get away from the mobs. AA is off the list for a while.
I don't understand everything I don't know about this.

sccutler

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:23 am

Note, also, that a very modest proportion of AA's F cabin riders actually *paid* for a first-class seat; most are upgrades.

In any event, I'd suggest that anyone who contends it is reasonable to require folks in the back to wait in line for a potty, while one up front is vacant, are insufferable, arrogant snobs.
...three miles from BRONS, clear for the ILS one five approach...

AAR90

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting Captaink (Reply 10):
I don't AA is the only airline with this policy in the first case.

Gosh I hope not.... it _was_ a TSA _requirement_. TSA removed the requirement starting March 1st.
*NO CARRIER* -- A Naval Aviator's worst nightmare!

UALFAson

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:58 am

I can't afford to fly first class (unless I'm using my mom's passes) but I don't think it's unreasonable at all to require passengers to use the lavatory in their ticketed cabin.

Even if the pax in first didn't pay for their ticket and are there because of upgrades, they often have that upgrade eligibility because they fly so many flights in coach and/or pay so much to the company. These paying-first class pax and super frequent economy fliers are who keep the airline in business and allow airlines to offer stupidly low leisure fares, like LAX-CMH for $240 r/t, taxes included, like I paid over Presidents Day weekend.

If fewer riff-raff and shorter lines at the loo mean people are willing to fork out more bucks for a paid first seat, as several posters have mentioned they do, then I will gladly wait in line a couple of minutes to be able to fly cross-country for the price of a few nice dinners out.
"We hope you've enjoyed flying with us as much as we've enjoyed taking you for a ride."

ordflier

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:02 am

Clearly another example of AA continuing to remove amenities for travellers - this time again hitting the Premium Cabin travellers.

Lets see what AA has eliminated over the last few years...

1. More Room Thru Coach - even Advantage Platinum/Gold members have no option of getting additional space except to upgrade into First Class.
2. Elimination of pillows and blankets
3. Most meals on flights
4. Most snacks available in Admiral's Clubs
5. Newspapers on International First/Business Class (Probably not eliminated but I have not seen them on recent flights from London to JFK on 3 separate occasions in Business Class)
6. Charging for drinks which were formally complimentary our of Los Angeles.

I agree with the previous posters that this is not much of a degradation of an already degraded product - but AA continues to fall behind their peers in North America and this is clearly another blow to their already low service levels.
ORDflier

COEI2007

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:03 am

This is crazy. So, in the middle of a meal service, Y pax can feel free to walk in the F cabin to use the loo!!! Come on AA!!!

Tugger

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:03 am

Quoting SCCutler (Reply 13):
Note, also, that a very modest proportion of AA's F cabin riders actually *paid* for a first-class seat; most are upgrades.

In any event, I'd suggest that anyone who contends it is reasonable to require folks in the back to wait in line for a potty, while one up front is vacant, are insufferable, arrogant snobs.

Thanks for the sanity check SCCutler.

When the drink cart is in the aisle there can be a real issue for passengers on the wrong side of it. You always have to kind of plan for it which is silly, but if you were in front of the wings (my preferred place in econ) if you were going to go you had too.
I did a thread awhile back on this issue where I didn't get the policy in the first place because they were justifiying it by saying it was a TSA rule when I didn't think it was. In my mind the main issue is always the stupid line that forms. I can understand if they request/enforce that no line should be allowed. I think it is still NOT OK to "congregate" by the flight deck door.

Tug

[Edited 2007-03-01 21:16:07]

[Edited 2007-03-01 21:16:58]
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. - W. Shatner
There are many kinds of sentences that we think state facts about the world but that are really just expressions of our attitudes. - F. Ramsey

ANCFlyer

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:05 am

Quoting TAZA (Reply 9):
Now that I am able I fly first class whenever I travel. I do so because I am willing to pay for:

Better seating

Less crowding

Better choice of food

Better service

Easier lavatory access

I am willing to spend the extra money to take advantage of the above items. I am well aware that other people do not
have the financial ability to afford first class and that is too bad, but a fact of life. I have not flown AA in some time

Bingo.

Someone with some sense.

I buy an F seat so I don't have to share the crapper with more than 8-10-16 people . . . . looks like I won't be flying AA any time soon (not like I fly them anyway).
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

Evan767

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:09 am

Quoting BigGSFO (Reply 1):
And they say AA is reducing the customer service experience in-flight.

Depends on what point of view you look at it from.  Smile

Also, everyone needs to calm down. It is not like they posted this on the front page of USA Today. Not many people are going to know about this unless the flght attendants announce it over the speaker which would be silly in the first place. Think of this as a little secret for us coach-sitting A.netters.  Wink
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

CRJ900

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:14 am

Perhaps a better solution is to do like CO did on their B738/9... install a mid-cabin lav between F and Y so the Y-pax use that instead of that large, marble-clad can with cotton towels and exclusive perfumes that F-pax have paid dearly for  Smile
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

PER744

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:41 am

It's almost like a lot of first class pax have the attitude of "the masses can pee on the floor back there, heaven forbid they use *our* lav"

If the first class lav isn't in use, it doesn't affect you if someone from economy uses it, if you have to wait for one person (given the 'no congregating' rule) this shouldn't be a problem.

As mentioned, there can be issues with the drink cart etc. On a recent flight myself and another passenger both needed to use the restroom on an AA MD80. We both got as far as the drink cart and the F/A's told us to go use the first class lav. We both turned around and headed that way, we got there and that F/A told us to go back, we got back and were once again told to use the first class lav. In the end we had to wait for about 6 or 7 rows to get their drinks before we were allowed past to use the rear lavs.

Pax in coach don't dream of using the first class lavs, however there are times when it is the more convenient option. Don't worry, we aren't going to trash the lav, we'd just like to be able to go when we need to.

NYCAAer

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:57 am

It's always nice to read about my company's new policies here rather than getting it first-hand from the company BEFORE it's in place.

This new procedure is bound to confuse passengers because it only applies to domestic flights. So if you fly coach, say for example, CDG-JFK-SFO on a 767-300, you can't use the Business Class lav on your flight from CDG to JFK, but then you can for your connecting flight from JFK to SFO. I'm an international AA F/A and we do enforce the rule of using only the lavatories in your ticketed cabin and we will continue to do so. I suspect some F/As on domestic will use their discretion and judgment, regardless of what the company policy is.

AA needs to get their act together and make one decision and stick with it once and for all. I firmly believe that premium passengers deserve some type of privacy and quiet in their cabin.

deltairlines

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:26 am

Not a big fan of this. My personal thoughts though:

-If a person in F needs to use the lav, they automatically get to cut in front of any economy passenger wanting to use the lav. Plain and simple - one of the reasons F exists is to not have to wait in line. F passengers get to get on first, get off first, get to use their lav first, it's only fair.
-No coach passengers congregating in F. I like how F is quiet 99% of the time (for me), at least compared to coach. They can wait behind the bulkhead, and once the lav is open, then they can go one at a time. No need for them to wait in F - they can wait in their cabin.
-Again, not a big fan of people coming through the cabin. It's nice not having any traffic in the aisle, except for F/As servicing the passengers.

AA767400

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:50 am

Quoting ORDflier (Reply 16):

Pillows, not blankets.

Probably not eliminated but I have not seen them on recent flights from London to JFK on 3 separate occasions in Business Class

3 separate occasions? I work this flight all the time and it is rare to not have them.

Charging for drinks which were formally complimentary our of Los Angeles.

Care to describe more about what you are saying? Why LAX only? Are you speaking of the AE "test" on those intra-state flights?

Either way you need to check your facts before making statements. And please don't tell me that AA is the only cost cutting airline.
"The low fares airline."

JAAlbert

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:01 am

I am gonna start being real concerned about this new policy just as soon as I can afford to fly first class.

ABQ747

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:11 am

When did that happen? I flew an AA 763 from DFW-JFK in May 2006 and all the seats in the Y-class cabin had individually wrapped pillows, blankets, and headphones. I sat in the forward mini-economy class cabin and this aircraft had the updated 777 style interior.

ANCFlyer

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:19 am

I'm an insufferable, arrogant, snob then. And I don't care. If they wanna piss up front, pay the fare. Otherwise, mess up the lav in your own cabin.

First off, thirty people, forty people using that lav will mess it up quick. Bad enough I share a crapper with 10-12-18 other people, NOW I get to share with Y also. A BIG deal for me on a 4 to 5 hour trans-con. That's why I pay the F price, so I don't have to deal with that.

Second, thirty, forty people trapsing through the F cabin disturbs me. A BIG deal for me on any flight. That's why I pay the F price, to eliminate the noise.

Quoting DeltAirlines (Reply 24):
-If a person in F needs to use the lav, they automatically get to cut in front of any economy passenger wanting to use the lav.

Not an issue of they aren't queued up to use the F Lav.

I have one tix with AA this year. It will be the last.
FOR THOSE THAT FOUGHT FOR IT, FREEDOM HAS A FLAVOR THE PROTECTED WILL NEVER KNOW OR UNDERSTAND

AA767400

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:39 am

Quoting ABQ747 (Reply 27):
When did that happen? I flew an AA 763 from DFW-JFK in May 2006 and all the seats in the Y-class cabin had individually wrapped pillows, blankets, and headphones. I sat in the forward mini-economy class cabin and this aircraft had the updated 777 style interior.

They plane came in from Europe so it had those plastic wrapped pillows with blankets. Normally there is only blankets and not pillows on short flights like JFK-DFW.

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 28):
have one tix with AA this year. It will be the last.

This is just for domestic flights. Not only that, this affects the M80/738 fleet because they don't have the mid-cabin restroom. The cart would also have to be in the aisle for a coach passenger to come up to use it. Keep in mind that no lines can form up front to use it, and if someone is already using it they have to wait in the back. If that cart is not in the aisle which is most of the time, then there is no need to use it up front.

I understand how paying to be up front and then have a bunch of people in your space can be horrid, but this statment from AA is a TSA rule being relaxed. Flight Attendants will not be having a line up there trust me.
"The low fares airline."

fbgdavidson

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:42 am

Quoting BAGoldEx (Reply 7):
I never really cared much for AA's service to begin with but this is utterly ridiculous. I could not imagine sitting in business on JFK-SFO, or worse, JFK-LHR and having all these steerage passengers trouncing through so they don't have to wait for their own head.

If you are in J you wouldn't get any foot traffic from Y as the J lavs on the 762 are at the rear of the cabin.

And anyone paying $7k oneway for AA F is an idiot...I've heard some corp deals are around $1000 oneway in F across the pond. Besides they shouldn't worry, I believe it only applies to domestic flights.

Quoting TAZA (Reply 9):
Now that I am able I fly first class whenever I travel. I do so because I am willing to pay for:

Better seating

Less crowding

Better choice of food

Better service

Easier lavatory access

Well put    FC within the US has diminshed somewhat over the last few years and all the little things like begin to count. What is the point in AA even announcing such a move? It generates no extra revenue, saves no costs and just pisses of premium customers. A stupid move. The only exception to this rule should be when the trolley is blocking the route to the Y bathrooms.

I have a number of AA flights over the next couple of weeks, I'm keen to see whether it is announced during boarding that Y can use the F lavs or if it goes unmentioned but allowed.

Quoting PER744 (Reply 22):
It's almost like a lot of first class pax have the attitude of "the masses can pee on the floor back there, heaven forbid they use *our* lav"

If the first class lav isn't in use, it doesn't affect you if someone from economy uses it, if you have to wait for one person (given the 'no congregating' rule) this shouldn't be a problem.

Afraid I don't agree with you on this one. The point of an F Class lav is so that one doesn't need to queue up and wait as long to go to the bathroom. Also the visual and foot traffic can be quite disturbing, especially when the F lav is close to the front of Y, such as on UA 737s for example. Heck, if you are going to use the justification that no F passengers are using it why not open up all the lounges to Y/statusless/non member passengers if there are no people in them?

[Edited 2007-03-02 02:45:43]
"My first job was selling doors, door to door, that's a tough job innit" - Bill Bailey

A340600

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:58 am

It isn't snobbish, the point is those of us in the front cabin don't want to be constantly disturbed by pax coming through the curtain.

It isn't that that bothers me, it's the getting there, and people walking down the aisle disturbing the cabin ambience.

Second, thirty, forty people trapsing through the F cabin disturbs me. A BIG deal for me on any flight. That's why I pay the F price, to eliminate the noise.

thumbsup It isn't the sole reason, but I will pay to sit up front partly for the quieter and calmer cabin,

Sam Smile
Despite the name I am a Boeing man through and through!

fxramper

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:10 am

I know some platinum members that literally will have a sh*t fit over this...

rotfl 

Lemurs

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:15 am

Arrogance has nothing to do with it. People don't like the seats near lavs in Y because of all the extra foot traffic that moves around lavs. They try and get seats away from there, even when they're paying the same price as the rest of Y. Now when you have an expensive J/C seat, that you ostensibly bought for some space and quiet, having that same problem follow you forward is almost inexcusable.

I am glad to hear that this is restricted to domestic though. It's one thing for a 4 hour flight, it's quite another for a 10 hour one...
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary, and those that don't.

cba

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:21 am

5. Newspapers on International First/Business Class (Probably not eliminated but I have not seen them on recent flights from London to JFK on 3 separate occasions in Business Class)

Wow, that's plain ridiculous. I flew Air France short haul in January, CDG-LHR in Y, and they offered a shelf of complimentary newspapers in the jet way.

AASuper80

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:26 am

Quoting FXramper (Reply 3):
This had to be one of the silliest rules AA had. If you need to use the washroom, you need to. I have no problem with a Y class pax using the bathroom in a F class cabin. It's not like AA is a SQ class experience anyways...  

I can't believe this! Try being in first on the md80, and having to wait to use the bathroom because several people from coach are ahead of you in line. If you're a First Class passenger, you should get the perk of sharing a lavatory with fewer passengers. I hope this doesn't last!

lincoln

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:35 am

Quoting LVTMB (Reply 5):
Well, I noticed that they have removed 2 lavs form their 763's coach cabin, leaving only 2 lavs for the coach crowd. When you have to go, you have to go .....

Yow! Continental has 2 lavs for coach on the 737 fleet (or is it 3 -- I can never remember if the 738 midcabin lav is in addition to the 2 in back or just "same # different location"... and it can be 'fun' waiting for a lav on longer flights... I can't imagine the same number of lavs serving a 767 passenger load.

Quoting ContinentalEWR (Reply 8):
Oh whatever. it's not like American's premium cabin service is anything to write home about

But one of the advantages of first class is not having to wait in (as long of a) line to use the restroom -- it's not a huge deal, but it is nice to have that convenience there.

While it may not be a cash transaction the passengers in first have almost always "paid" for the privelage -- either by purchasing a ticket in that class, by attaining elite status through loyalty/business given to the airline, or by volunteering a seat on an oversold flight -- While I don't purchase "F" class fares, a (small, since CO is such an excellent airline even in coach) portion of my loyalty to Continental is knowing that when I buy a full Y fare or if there is space available and I'm on a discount fare that I will get to enjoy first. If that advantage is diluted too much, it no longer behooves me to be loyal to an airline and for example, to spend $1300 on a flight from Cleveland to Richmond.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

ikramerica

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:52 am

The FAA must have changed their rules.

After all, AA was telling pax they couldn't use the F cabin due to "federal regulations."

Of course, that was a complete lie. The only regulation is not to allow passengers to congregate around the cockpit door.

CO was better about this. Never announced any federal law. Just ask customers to respect the cabin arrangement. And if some pax venture up to F to use the bathroom, CO doesn't generally stop them.

But, especially on long range flights, one real perk of the high priced F cabin is that the bathroom gets less use, and stays cleaner. The coach lavs get gross. Taking that away from F passengers is lame.

I guess AA cut out a few lavs in their planes to add seats, and now they have complaints. AA is really turning into a cattle car carrier.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

sccutler

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:57 am

Interesting reactions; I suspect I might have felt much like many of you in years gone by, when it was much easier to justify to myself "strata of superiority." As I have gotten older, many things which were crystal clear "back when" are more shades of grey now (and my parents have somehow gotten smarter, too).

First off, thirty people, forty people using that lav will mess it up quick. Bad enough I share a crapper with 10-12-18 other people, NOW I get to share with Y also. A BIG deal for me on a 4 to 5 hour trans-con. That's why I pay the F price, so I don't have to deal with that.

Wow. I guess the message is, Y pax should use squalid lavs, then? Or is it that those tacky old Y pax are unable to control their water-wiggles, spraying all over the place, making a big ol' mess of the like the more-refined travelers would never create?

Face it, you're all trapped in an aluminum tube, and you really haven't a choice when the need to go, comes. This change in policy is a tip of the hat to basic human dignity, and I imagine it will not harm AA much, at least, not with most rational pax.

In any event, this is not so often an issue for me, as I prefer flying myself whenever possible; this, I do at substantially greater cost than most commercial flights and, ironically enough, the in-flight "lav" is a well-constructed plastic bag with absorbent pellets inside.

flflyguy

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:57 am

Quoting LVTMB (Reply 5):
Well, I noticed that they have removed 2 lavs form their 763's coach cabin, leaving only 2 lavs for the coach crowd.

Not true. The removal of 2 of the 4 aft lavs leaves the coach cabin with 4 - 2 in the aft and 2 in the mid-cabin area. There used to be 6.

The change to 4 makes the pax/lav ratio similar to the 777.
The views expressed are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer.

TPAnx

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:01 pm

Quoting BAGoldEx (Reply 7):
steerage passengers

Quoting SPREE34 (Reply 12):
get away from the mobs.

Quoting UALFAson (Reply 15):
riff-raff

Always nice to know what the nobility up front's thinking!
TPAnx
I read the news today..oh boy

ANCFlyer

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:24 pm

Quoting AA767400 (Reply 29):
This is just for domestic flights.

I don't care if it's for a quick taxi around the apron.

Quoting SCCutler (Reply 38):
Wow. I guess the message is, Y pax should use squalid lavs, then?

Call it like you want to. Hundreds of people using 4 lavs WILL result in a less clean lav. Law of averages. If those same folks use the F lav, the same law of averages will apply.

Face it, you're all trapped in an aluminum tube, and

Yup, and I'm trapped at the front of that tube and paid for it . . . .

tommy767

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:34 pm

This is just ridiculous. I'm really starting to lose faith in AA's management. It goes to show how cheap AA is getting (this is coming from a Gold Status member.) Sometimes, I really don't understand their logic. I don't see how this will last.
"KEEP CLIMBING" -- DELTA

sccutler

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:36 pm

Quoting ANCFlyer (Reply 41):

Wow. I guess the message is, Y pax should use squalid lavs, then?

Call it like you want to. Hundreds of people using 4 lavs WILL result in a less clean lav. Law of averages. If those same folks use the F lav, the same law of averages will apply.

Game, set and match.

AA767400

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:06 pm

I don't care if it's for a quick taxi around the apron.

Then get your own Learjet.

Yup, and I'm trapped at the front of that tube and paid for it . . . .

Then pay for a Learjet if you don't like it.
"The low fares airline."

ckfred

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:25 pm

I thought this was a TSA rule that applied to all aircraft flying within U.S. airspace. I know that TSA doesn't like people lining up for the coach lavs because of security concerns.

airbus3801

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:27 pm

I would have no problems with this on domestic, but it shouldn't progress to international flights. The amenities offered in the first class cabin on long haul flights are part of the things that people pay that extra premium for, and even though I 98% of the time fly Y, I wouldn't want someone up in the first class bathroom on a 15.5 hour flight taking our amenities. My only hope for the domestics that the LAV up front is used sparingly. They should make it so if there are more than 3 people in line, than you can go to the front.

YULWinterSkies

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:39 pm

... or THEIR COMPANY paid, and they collect the extra miles... to be upgraded when they fly Y with their own $$ !

[Edited 2007-03-02 05:40:23]
When I doubt... go running!

APFPilot1985

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:48 pm

Quoting SPREE34 (Reply 12):

I'm betting with you. I've started riding First and Business to get away from the mobs. AA is off the list for a while.

I'm sure that if AA was a grand cheaper than the next option you would pass them up.  Yeah sure
Stand Up and Be Counted Visit Site Related to Voice your opinion

qantas787

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Well why don't you offer your seat to the great unwashed and he/she can share your meal and champers while you line up to use the shithouse, behind the rest of them? Theres a reason why one pays the extra. Just give em all a hose and a bottle I say.
G'day

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos