Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LanFan
Topic Author

Trip Report: AA EWR-MIA

Tue Jul 25, 2000 2:17 am

Sunday July 23rd I was scheduled to fly EWR-MIA with American. I was flying on a Standby Pass that cost me $25 per leg. I arrived at EWR for the earliest 6:42 am flight and found it to a 757. The gentleman in check in told me that the flight was overbooked in Coach and had 14 availabl in first class. I was sent to the gate to get my ticket. As I asked the lady for a seat in first class she denied me one and told me to wait until she called me. She told me that I did not have a first class ticket and must fly coach. I corrected her, explaining that I had a space available ticket which gave me access to any open seat. at about 6:38 she called me and very upset issued me a boarding pass with seat "1F". Not only had I been seated in First Class, but the seat next to me was empty.

Befor take off they gave us Orange Juice. and afterward breakfast was a fruit plate, a choice of cereal or omlette, and a bagel of doughnut. They played "CBS eye on AMERICAN" which was all but entertaining. The seats were comfortable and I took a nice nap for the remaining hour and a half. On landing, there was a LAN Chile 767-300ER waiting at the threshold of the parallel runway. The landing was bumpy and the gally made alot of noise. We docked in gate E7 and the best part of seating in 1F is that your are the first off the plane and dont have to wait for anyone.

All in all the trip was very enjoyable.

JAY
@MIA

American 767

RE: Trip Report: AA EWR-MIA

Tue Jul 25, 2000 3:58 am

Hi how are you doing?
I'm glad to hear you had a nice trip. I always enjoy reading trip reports, no matter what trip it's all about. American is what I always fly. It sounds like you had nice inflight service during the flight. I had too when I flew on an American 757 from NY La Guardia to Dallas about a year ago, I was seated in First Class seat 6F, just in front of the engine.
Anyway, thanks for telling us about your trip and please tell us about your next flight.
See you soon  

Ben Soriano
Ben Soriano

blink182

Tue Jul 25, 2000 6:54 am

was the plane in the new interior? my flight was and I got upgraded to first class on my flight DFW-ORD since i was connecting to my flight to ZRH and i flew business class, but i flew first on an MD-80 in seat 2A and the flight attendant made fresh chocolate-chip brownies and we ate them while they were oven hot, they were soo good, but anyway you are lucky about flying standby and getting a first class ticket! anyway nice report.
blink182
Give me a break, I created this username when I was a kid...

LanFan
Topic Author

Tue Jul 25, 2000 10:04 pm

The 757 did have the new interior with "More Room" in coach, but the seats were the same.The only thing I was not impressed with was the First Class seats. Although the recline nicely, they have no footrest, PTV, or any other commodity of that type. The tray tables are really nice, since you dont have to pull them out in front of you.

Thanks,

Jay

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos