Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetset7e7

RE: Manchester UK News 10

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:30 am

Quoting Col (Reply 99):
go double daily or 380

Double daily is the only thing I can see, as A380 at MAN is way off limts at the moment!

Mark
Retrofitted Blended Winglets - The Future Is On The Wing

boysteve

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:31 am

Quoting Col (Reply 99):
SQ need something bigger now. Their flights are full, so getting a seat is close to impossible. The 773ER will not help as it carries less pax than the 772ER (285 v 278), as presently configured, even though I was told the other day that MAN is slated to get the aircraft in future. Maybe SQ may pin their hopes on getting transit traffic from PHL, via US, and go double daily or 380

The lower density 773ER that you discuss is 3-class and SQ will not send a 3 class B773ER to MAN as the market isn't there! If they decide on a B773 for the route it will be configured 2 class in a similar proportion (Y vs J) as the present B772ER. Personally I think they will stick to a dedicated daily B772ER from this coming winter for at least 12 months.

col

Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:07 am

Quoting Boysteve (Reply 101):
The lower density 773ER that you discuss is 3-class and SQ will not send a 3 class B773ER to MAN as the market isn't there! If they decide on a B773 for the route it will be configured 2 class in a similar proportion (Y vs J) as the present B772ER. Personally I think they will stick to a dedicated daily B772ER from this coming winter for at least 12 months.

I am not sure SQ will reconfigure for what possibly would be a small fleet, no flexibility. I just got off the SFO-ICN-SIN, and it was full in First/Bus, plenty of seats down the back. So not sure what they will do, as the cabin sections fall nicely in place at present. The 772ER just isn't large enough for the 5 days now, running at close to 90%, so growth for MAN and SQ ain't going anywhere.

Daleaholic

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:37 am

Quoting Jetset7E7 (Reply 100):
A380 at MAN is way off limts at the moment!

Personally, I don't think it is. Admittedly... MAN would need some work to prepare it for the A380, but I believe these are simple ones... Widening taxiways, building new jetways. I think if EK send 2 77W's... They can get rid of those and send one A380! Big grin I'm not saying that EK will or should send one to MAN but I do believe it could prove to be a success. I'm not too sure about SQ and the A380 at MAN. Possibly if they remained at 5x weekly and filled each flight...

One of the biggest restrictions I can see is space at T2 for its enormous wingspan and general size. Also... It would most probably only be able to use 24L/6R due to the small size of the threshold's at 6L/24R.

This is just my theory and what I would like to see happen at MAN.  Smile
Religion is an illusion of childhood... Outgrown under proper education.

col

Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:14 pm

Quoting Daleaholic (Reply 103):
I'm not too sure about SQ and the A380 at MAN.

My comment on SQ and the 380 was very much tongue in cheek. Boysteve was nearer the mark with a reconfig on the 77W, but they need it now rather than later. You are right on EK, I would expect them to change the lunchtime to 380, then evening back to 332. They have a very good record of growing into available capacity at MAN.

Any comments from Management regarding another month of reduced pax numbers!!

mainMAN
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Quoting Col (Reply 99):
SQ need something bigger now. Their flights are full, so getting a seat is close to impossible. The 773ER will not help as it carries less pax than the 772ER (285 v 278), as presently configured, even though I was told the other day that MAN is slated to get the aircraft in future. Maybe SQ may pin their hopes on getting transit traffic from PHL, via US, and go double daily or 380 Big grin

If you search back to the middle of last year (which probably isn't worth the effort!), SQ were reported to be planning for an eventual 10 weekly frequencies from MAN. This was well before the reduction to 5, which of course has been due to aircraft availability.

Considering the figures for SQ and the 3 Gulf carriers at MAN, it's obvious to see that there's demand for more services to the East in future, even though lately they seem to have fallen at the first hurdle (CX and TG).

BMIFlyer

Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:45 pm

Todays PK 721 (due in at 0940) is now showing as arriving 0445 tomorrow!

Any ideas whats happened?

The flight supposedly continues to JFK at 1240 (today), but is not showing up as cancelled...

The PIA website shows it as not departed from KHI yet.

Lee
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

speedbird19

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:40 pm

Quoting BMIFlyer (Reply 106):
Todays PK 721 (due in at 0940) is now showing as arriving 0445 tomorrow!

It's actually showing as canx now on teletext.
Planeprincess

col

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:22 pm

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 105):
If you search back to the middle of last year (which probably isn't worth the effort!), SQ were reported to be planning for an eventual 10 weekly frequencies from MAN. This was well before the reduction to 5, which of course has been due to aircraft availability.

Just left Singapore this evening, and the press is full of their expansion now and over the next few months into Milan, Madrid, Athens and others places in China etc. Made me wonder somewhat, if lack of A/C was the real reason for dropping MAN. Looking at the CAA numbers the loads were down 17.3% on a capacity drop of 28.5%. My guess is that they are using the capacity in more profitable areas. It means that anyone wanting to get into SIN better book early for the other flights, or its a connection somewhere.

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 105):
Considering the figures for SQ and the 3 Gulf carriers at MAN, it's obvious to see that there's demand for more services to the East in future, even though lately they seem to have fallen at the first hurdle (CX and TG).

I think you can forget TG, they don't seem to know what to do. If Man U increase their seating and offer them out in Asia, then a weekend service for the Game would do well  crazy .
CX are too close to BA and MAN is not a One World hub, BA saw to that. MAN needs to get Star in there, and a service by BMI or VS would be a winner. Air Kiwi would be interesting, but at 3 per week or whatever it is rumoured, is not enough. Just my thoughts.

A340600MAN

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:41 am

Hi all

Quoting Col (Reply 99):
SQ need something bigger now. Their flights are full, so getting a seat is close to impossible. The 773ER will not help as it carries less pax than the 772ER (285 v 278), as presently configured, even though I was told the other day that MAN is slated to get the aircraft in future. Maybe SQ may pin their hopes on getting transit traffic from PHL, via US, and go double daily or 380

I think going double daily is the way to go for SQ. Although the thought of the A380 into Manchester (however improbable) on regular services would be a sight to see.

Its a shame Cathay could not sort out the Russia problem. These are the type of prestigious airlines we should be attracting into Manchester.

I've noticed that again we don't seem to be attracting any more American airlines into Manchester ie Northwest to Detroit for instance.

Attracting Saudi is a great success, but attracting long hauls seems few and far between at the moment!!!

We are always being told that business in Manchester and the North West in general is prospering but this does not work down into attracting long haul airlines in Manchester.

Cheers

Len
Favourite aircraft is the A350-900.

David_itl

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:21 am

Quoting A340600MAN (Reply 109):
ie Northwest to Detroit for instance.

That will happen sooner rather then later. A by-product of any open skies may mean that AA/BA have to relinquish slots so they may have to reduce the shuttle (yay!!) and perhaps introduce futher transatlantic ex-MAN.....though without some kind of feed at MAN, it's going to be difficult (that's the coherent BA strategy, flog off a subsidiary airline which may allow further scope for long-haul ex-MAN with a bit of feeder service).

Quoting Boysteve (Reply 101):
Personally I think they will stick to a dedicated daily B772ER from this coming winter for at least 12 months

That is the best route for them to take - remember EK squeezed people onto their daily services for more than a few months before bumping up capacity. Any 2 class 773ER from SQ is going to be dependent upon how successful their other 2 class 772ER services are - if there are 5 or 6 cities that might be in need of greater capacity, then they might consider offerinfg 2 class 773ERs as it could be worthwhile reconfiguring several of them.

Quoting Col (Reply 104):
You are right on EK, I would expect them to change the lunchtime to 380, then evening back to 332

if 2 77Ws per day mean 868 available passenger capacity each way, an A380/A332 combination may not offer too big an increase as I imagine that any A380HD for EK may seat about 650 as A330HD is 285 seats therefore we're talking only an increase of 85 seats each way. More likely is a A380HD/772HD combination offering abut 1000 seats each way per day, giving scope to an A380HD/773HD (about 1100 deats a day) and further down the line a 3rd daily service.

gayrugbyman

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:07 am

Heard an onteresting one today at a meeting....VLM looking at operating MAN - LDY! Anyone got any more on this one?

David_itl

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:26 am

VLM do appear to have a rather large amount of time on the ground at MAN for at least 1 aircraft:

VG423 d 0625 VG425 d 0700 VG427 d 0725 VG429 d 0815
VG424 a 0905 VG431 d 0930 VG430 a 1045 VG432 a 1200
VG306 d 1340 VG443 d 1615 VG305 a 1650 VG308 d 1720
VG442 a 1845 VG444 a 1900 VG449 d 1920 VG446 a 1945
VG307 a 2000 VG450 a 2145

A lunchtime MAN-LDY service would fit in for the 1045 arrival aircraft before departing at 1615. Assuming that they won't operate more MAN-LCY services as per their timetable.

mainMAN
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:32 am

Quoting Col (Reply 108):
Just left Singapore this evening, and the press is full of their expansion now and over the next few months into Milan, Madrid, Athens and others places in China etc. Made me wonder somewhat, if lack of A/C was the real reason for dropping MAN.

True, but the lack of a/c was certainly the accepted view in terms of dropping the 2 744s via ZRH, which were apparently not as popular. I doubt very much that a temporary 5 a week service would harm SQ at MAN, so pursuing other markets is wise too.

Quoting Col (Reply 108):
Air Kiwi would be interesting, but at 3 per week or whatever it is rumoured, is not enough. Just my thoughts.

I suppose if you want a full profitable aircraft from MAN to HKG and AKL, then 3 a week is the very best way to achieve that. If that particular rumour ever comes off, it'd be pretty awesome.

Quoting A340600MAN (Reply 109):
We are always being told that business in Manchester and the North West in general is prospering but this does not work down into attracting long haul airlines in Manchester.

Business is booming, but it still remains that the really high yield places in the EU are still LON, FRA, MUC, PAR and MXP. It'll take a long, long time for that to alter significantly.

mainMAN
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting David_itl (Reply 110):

That will happen sooner rather then later. A by-product of any open skies may mean that AA/BA have to relinquish slots so they may have to reduce the shuttle (yay!!) and perhaps introduce futher transatlantic ex-MAN

I can't see the shuttle being reduced too much. Just my opinion, but BA's domestic feed is surely a substantial source of revenue for them and how far would they go before risking losing that? Only BA management accountants know the answer to that one!

KA501

Thu Mar 22, 2007 5:50 am

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 114):
A by-product of any open skies may mean that AA/BA have to relinquish slots so they may have to reduce the shuttle

Or just use larger aircraft! Who knows B747-400's  rotfl 

Knowing BA they will just pull the plug!

boysteve

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:20 am

Quoting KA501 (Reply 115):
Or just use larger aircraft! Who knows B747-400's

A380?

cornish

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 pm

That will happen sooner rather then later. A by-product of any open skies may mean that AA/BA have to relinquish slots so they may have to reduce the shuttle (yay!!) and perhaps introduce futher transatlantic ex-MAN

I can't see the shuttle being reduced too much. Just my opinion, but BA's domestic feed is surely a substantial source of revenue for them and how far would they go before risking losing that? Only BA management accountants know the answer to that one!

Actually there is a risk in reductions domestically. Bmi have already as good as admitted that UK domestic services may well get cut back.

A real threat of open skies agreement in the short term to MAN is that Bmi cut their long hauls out of the airport. It would be no surprise to see them pull the aircraft to start some long haul US from LHR. There just aren't the spare long haul aircraft sitting around to lease, bmi have very few of their own. SMB has long been hell bent on going Transatlantic from LHR - something would have to give and it would be MAN rather than Saudi sad to say - not to mention some of their short haul LHR slots to do so - no more LBA-LHR, perhaps or one or two others......
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

mainMAN
Topic Author

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 pm

Quoting Cornish (Reply 117):
A real threat of open skies agreement in the short term to MAN is that Bmi cut their long hauls out of the airport.

Given the fact that ORD does well, I'm sure it would be replaced by UA. Perhaps the same would be true of VS to LAS and the Caribbean.

As far as I'm concerned (not much), if BD want to do a BA and pull out, the sooner the better. Me and thousands like me will just vote with our feet. Overseas airlines are far more committed, for obvious reasons.

What are the odds that BD have recently started a frantic search for long-haul airliners? A 767-200 here, a 767-300ER there, maybe the odd IL-86 thrown in for good measure?  Wink

cornish

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:56 pm

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 118):
Given the fact that ORD does well, I'm sure it would be replaced by UA. Perhaps the same would be true of VS to LAS and the Caribbean.

Hopefully yes.

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 118):
What are the odds that BD have recently started a frantic search for long-haul airliners? A 767-200 here, a 767-300ER there, maybe the odd IL-86 thrown in for good measure?

Undoubtedly - yet still manage to lease one of their own precious A330s to Virgin Nigeria.....

As an aside here is bmi's response to some questions during the discussions on Open skies between Select Committee MPs and the UK airline CEOs:

Q83 Mr Scott: Mr Turner, can I ask you: will BMI give a guarantee that in the event of an Open Skies Agreement being signed you will maintain all your existing UK domestic networks and schedules?

Mr Turner: I do not think we can give that guarantee. Obviously I would not want to bind myself going forwards, but clearly the Chancellor has doubled APD which disproportionately hits domestic travel; and we have also heard the Shadow Chancellor has proposed VAT on domestic travel. Both major parties are hitting hard against domestic travel through the tax system at the moment. I would be foolish to sit here and guarantee anything when future governments could do something even more draconian than what we have just seen.

Q84 Mr Martlew: Where do you get the extra slots to fly to North America?

Mr Turner: We have a slot portfolio and we would rearrange those. It would be wrong for me to say which slots.

Q86 Mr Martlew: You would like to get rid of some of your domestic routes but not because of the Chancellor or Mr Caborn, but because you want to fly to the States?

Mr Turner: I can assure you we would try and obviously acquire extra slots if we could. At the end of the day, we have no intention of stopping any domestic routes that are economically viable.

Q87 Graham Stringer: What is the going rate for a peak time slot through Heathrow?

Mr Turner: I honestly do not know. I think it depends whether there is a buyer and a seller. I think there is a grey market, but it all depends on whether you have got somebody coming who desperately needs something and somebody who has got something surplus.
Just when I thought I could see light at the end of the tunnel, it was some B*****d with a torch bringing me more work

gayrugbyman

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:08 pm

Personally I don;t think MAN has much to fear following the so-called Open Skies agreement today. Indeed, airlines from the USA already established at MAN might well see it as an opportunity to fill the gap left by the likes of BD's no doubt imminent shlep down to LHR.
We might also see airlines such as Cyprus Airways, Olympic, Air Malta, Brussels Airlines etc looking at MAN as a possible staging pose on to the USA....who knows!

Pieinthesky

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:49 pm

Quoting Col (Reply 108):
Just left Singapore this evening, and the press is full of their expansion now and over the next few months into Milan, Madrid, Athens and others places in China etc. Made me wonder somewhat, if lack of A/C was the real reason for dropping MAN.

I know about Athens getting an extra weekly flight but Madrid ?.

Any 2 class 773ER from SQ is going to be dependent upon how successful their other 2 class 772ER services are - if there are 5 or 6 cities that might be in need of greater capacity, then they might consider offerinfg 2 class 773ERs as it could be worthwhile reconfiguring several of them.

SQ will not convert any 773ER's to 2 class, they don't need too. They have got the current SpaceBed equipped 772ER's and as they start to leave the A330's and 787's will start to come on line.

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 113):
True, but the lack of a/c was certainly the accepted view in terms of dropping the 2 744s via ZRH, which were apparently not as popular. I doubt very much that a temporary 5 a week service would harm SQ at MAN, so pursuing other markets is wise too.

The flights via ZRH were not particularly popular, averaging between 100 and 150 pax ex-MAN. It filled up in ZRH but it was costly to have the additional crew who just did ZRH-MAN-ZRH than had another day off. It was VERY popular with the crews though who got to spend 3 or 4 days in Switzerland.

I can't see the shuttle being reduced too much. Just my opinion, but BA's domestic feed is surely a substantial source of revenue for them and how far would they go before risking losing that?

True, but for how long ?. I get the impression I am not the only person who has had enough of transitting through that disgrace of an airport in West London that BA use as a hub. I know a few people - including a number of BA Gold's - have had enough of BA and LHR and are avoiding the place.

Quoting Cornish (Reply 119):
Q87 Graham Stringer: What is the going rate for a peak time slot through Heathrow?

Mr Turner: I honestly do not know. I think it depends whether there is a buyer and a seller. I think there is a grey market, but it all depends on whether you have got somebody coming who desperately needs something and somebody who has got something surplus.

Lying sod, he's recently flogged some of his slots to both EK and EY!.

oly720man

Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:59 pm

Quoting GayrugbyMAN (Reply 120):
We might also see airlines such as Cyprus Airways, Olympic, Air Malta, Brussels Airlines etc looking at MAN as a possible staging pose on to the USA....who knows!

Well, OA were looking at an ATH-MAN-BOS service with an A300-600 a few years ago.
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

mainMAN
Topic Author

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:13 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 119):

As an aside here is bmi's response to some questions during the discussions on Open skies between Select Committee MPs and the UK airline CEOs:

What he actually said in response was.......two thirds of bugger all. It's too soon to commit BD to anything.

Quote:
"we have no intention of stopping any domestic routes which are economically viable"

.....forgetting to add that BD have a history of making certain routes inviable.  duck 

Quoting Pieinthesky (Reply 121):
True, but for how long ?. I get the impression I am not the only person who has had enough of transitting through that disgrace of an airport in West London that BA use as a hub.

I've never transitted there, but I know loads who do. The British Council routinely fly the vast majority of overseas students directly to LHR, regardless of their final UK destination. And that's just one example.

cornish

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:35 am

You really think those airlines might ??? You are very optimistic that's for sure.

Indeed, airlines from the USA already established at MAN might well see it as an opportunity to fill the gap left by the likes of BD's no doubt imminent shlep down to LHR.

Assuming they have the aircraft to do so - and don't open up new long haul service into LHR.

Quoting MainMAN (Reply 123):
The British Council routinely fly the vast majority of overseas students directly to LHR, regardless of their final UK destination. And that's just one example.

That was certainly the case when I worked for them years ago.

What he actually said in response was.......two thirds of bugger all. It's too soon to commit BD to anything.

Very true, But bearing in mind the Select Committee is made up of MPs from across the regions, it was interesting that he didn't deny that service to the regions from London could be cut - there were other references more specifically to their services to Belfast, Inverness etc that could suffer.

jonnywishbone

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:51 am

Quoting Cornish (Reply 124):
it was interesting that he didn't deny that service to the regions from London could be cut

I get the feeling that we'll all have to suffer the indignity of humping our bags on the train to London before too long - it's already the case that if there's a gust of wind over 5mph we lose the shuttle to LHR, so what's the difference? Despite the fact it now costs over 300 quid to travel to London, they're the first services cut - I pulled gold card rank on the way to BOS the other week in the inch of slush and got the 7am flight, all my collegues missed the 4pm flight from LHR as they were still on the train!

Why don't we all make BA's life easier and move to London, there'd be scum on our Yorkshire tea water and we'd all have lungs like Roy Castle, but think of all the extra services we could enjoy!

cornish

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:55 am

Quoting JonnyWishbone (Reply 125):
Despite the fact it now costs over 300 quid to travel to London, they're the first services cut - I

And no doubt the airlines will make some spin about it being for environmental reasons - either that they are doing their bit for the environment, or that taxes make it uneconomic to do.......

Pieinthesky

Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:58 am

I've never transitted there.

Well there you go.

Humberside

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:58 am

Dont get too excited. They can do that at the moment, as they would probably be awarded 5th Freedom rights
Visit the Air Humberside Website and Forum

TuRbUleNc3

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:01 am

2 Men have been arrested at just before 13:00pm in connection with the july 7 bombings, they were trying to board a PK flight back over to pakistan from T2.

Two men, aged 23 and 30, were arrested shortly before 1300 GMT at Manchester Airport when they were due to catch a flight to Pakistan.

Source
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6481495.stm

[Edited 2007-03-22 20:06:51]

USAIRA330

Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:24 am

Not sure, if anyone has mentioned this yet, but i've just read on a different forum that US Airways have entered in a codeshare agreement with their STAR partner SQ for numerous US flights domestically in the USA, also on SQ's SIN-LAX route. also in there was mention of US codesharing on SIN-MAN. increase in transit passenger through T2 maybe?

David_itl

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:00 am

TOM has announced some new winter destinations:

Lisbon 4 times a week. Venice 3 times a week. Naples Up to 4 times a week. Faro Up to 4 times a week
Funchal 2 times a week. Paphos Up to 4 times a week. Sharm El Sheikh 4 times a week.

Good to see some "summer" city destinations continuing through the winter.

Pieinthesky

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:11 pm

Quoting USAIRA330 (Reply 130):
also in there was mention of US codesharing on SIN-MAN

US are codesharing on SQ327/8 MAN-SIN vv.

gayrugbyman

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:13 pm

Nice also to see the first scheduled service to SSH. TOM getting in there before GT make their announcement.

gayrugbyman

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:26 pm

col

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:45 pm

I hear what

Quoting GayrugbyMAN (Reply 134):
From todays M.E.N.:

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.....html

Excellent, MAN has the best toilets. Now how about getting some more pax to get a feel for the quality of the bathrooms, instead of numbers going down!!

HUYfan

Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:46 pm

Astraeus actually already operate a 'scheduled' service to SSH, so TOM is not the first dear.

Regards

Mike

USAIRA330

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:57 pm

Quoting Col (Reply 135):
Excellent, MAN has the best toilets. Now how about getting some more pax to get a feel for the quality of the bathrooms, instead of numbers going down!!

did anyone tell TG, NW etc about this...surely any airline would make it their business to fly to the airport with the best toilets! Please excuse my cynicism!

Scottiedog

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:35 am

BMI are introducing MAN/LYS effective 25th May.

Outward BD343 1030/1315 Mon-Fri + Sun
Inward BD342 1350/1445 Mon-Fri + Sun

PIA

Down to 19 departures per week. 7 Daily flights terminating Manchester 4 New York and 2 Chicago services that will transit Manchester in both directions.

Jett8

Effective 25th April

Inbound JX801 arrive 2225 Wed/Sat SIN/DXB/LUX
Outbound JX802 depart 0700 Thu/Sun LUX/DXB/SIN

Equipment - B742

ScottieDog

[Edited 2007-03-23 22:42:42]

bmiexpat

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:56 am

Quoting ScottieDog (Reply 138):
BMI are introducing MAN/LYS effective 25th May.

Where did you hear that from?

Scottiedog

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:24 am

Quoting Bmiexpat (Reply 139):
Quoting ScottieDog (Reply 138):BMI are introducing MAN/LYS effective 25th May.

Where did you hear that from?

Try www.flybmi.com!! - look at the available routes and effective dates

bmiexpat

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:29 am

Typical bmi, putting a route on sale and not even announcing it!!!

gayrugbyman

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:44 am

Strange full page ad in tonight's Manchester Evening News. States that 'We now fly twice a day to Belfast!' but presumably it means from Blackpool, and not a declaration of a new route from MAN? Anyone else seen it? What do you make of it?

Travelled on my first BE international flight in to MAN this morning...all I can say is very average. Was operated by a Flightline 146.

speedbird19

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:43 am

Quoting GayrugbyMAN (Reply 142):
Strange full page ad in tonight's Manchester Evening News. States that 'We now fly twice a day to Belfast!' but presumably it means from Blackpool, and not a declaration of a new route from MAN? Anyone else seen it? What do you make of it?

forgive me but I believe flybe/Bacon fly more than once a day to BHD  Wink
Planeprincess

David_itl

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:49 am

Strange full page ad in tonight's Manchester Evening News. States that 'We now fly twice a day to Belfast, presumably it means from Blackpool

Having seen said ad, it does actaually state Blackpool!

Quoting Bmiexpat (Reply 141):
Typical bmi, putting a route on sale and not even announcing it!!!

Announced today. Though I could not get MAN-LYS on the timetable other than the charter services when Scottie Dogs said it could be seen?!?

gayrugbyman

Tue Mar 27, 2007 4:55 am

Sorry, I forgot to say it was a Jet2 advert!

TuRbUleNc3

Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:29 am

7 Flights a day i believe MAN-BHD with BE

oly720man

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:40 pm

Reported in "news 9" and in Ringwayreports but Jett8 are now starting CGK-SIN-HKG-DXB-MAN-LUX-DXB-SIN flights as of 25th April on Weds and Sat.

http://www.jett8airlines.com/
wheat and dairy can screw up your brain

zbb757

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:19 pm

Does anyone know what is wrong with Ringwayreports.co.uk. I couldn't access it last night or this morning.

Thanks

banghead   airplane 
flown in: A319, A320, A321, B732, B737, B738, B752, B763, MD80, DHC8, PA28

gayrugbyman

Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:09 pm

Nice to see flyBE using 146s on the CDG route, I take it the all white bird operating their BRU and CDG services from MAN is a Flightline op?