hjulicher
Topic Author

Graduate Programs In Aviation/Airport Management

Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:23 am

I posted a similar post a couple of years ago regarding this subject, but I was hoping maybe to get some new information. I'm a current Economics and Russian Student at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. After I finish my studies, I would like to go into Airport Management and I was considering several schools, but I want a graduation program. From what I understand, there aren't too many programs available. I'm considering ERAU, but I want a backup in case I don't get in there. I speak French, English, and Russian, but I would like to go to a program which would be approved in most of the world. Thus, it would need to have a US equivalent of a graduate degree, but I would be indifferent if it was in Europe or Australia/New Zealand. I don't want distance learning though.

Also, I'm interested in working for IATA, does anyone have any information about their program, and how difficult it is to get accepted into their internship program. What about taking classes from IATA, has anyone taken classes from them?

Thanks again.... you can also write to me directly at [email protected] and my name is Henry. Thanks.
Detroit Moves the World!
LH 442

spyderz

RE: Graduate Programs In Aviation/Airport Management

Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:07 am

Trust me....if you're even half decent you can get into Embry-Riddle. For an MBA, their GMAT requirement is 450, which is pitifully low.

behramjee

Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:45 am

the best airline mba program is probably at concordia univ in montreal.

go to http://www.johnmolson.concordia.ca/amba/index.cfm

they have an exclusive partnership with iata since 1992 concerning their AMBA - Airline Mgmt MBA program.

im going to be giving my GMAT late summer and then enrolling for this MBA program to start from fall 2008.

hamad

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:03 am

i am attending a graduate program at ASU (Arizona state university), but you have to have a 3.0 GPA in your undergraduate
PHX - i miss spotting

pacifica

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:10 am

Quoting Behramjee (Reply 2):

I have also heard many good things about the graduate aviation program at Concordia. They seem to have a good reputation, and if they can attract the likes of various airline execs and CEOs as guest speakers then it does tell you something. As two examples the CEO of ACE, Robert Milton, as well as one of the founders of JetBlue are both featured as being guest speakers at the university from time to time.

BWIA 772

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:12 am

I am looking to go to Riddle to do their MBA in fall of 2008. Molson told me I needed work experience and my parents want me to study first. Besides the opportunities to work in aviation in the region are small.

You can also check Cranfield in the UK. They are about 2 or 3 schools in Austrailia and New Zealand. How is the Riddle Porgam viewed.

The Flying Fish
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

luketenley

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:24 am

Emrby- Riddle and CCBC near Pittsburgh are good schools. I am going to be taking Aerospace Management at CCBC this summer and beyond.
Pittsburgh International Airport lover

Mike89406

Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:44 pm

Quoting Hjulicher (Thread starter):
After I finish my studies, I would like to go into Airport Management and I was considering several schools, but I want a graduation program. From what I understand, there aren't too many programs available. I'm considering ERAU, but I want a backup in case I don't get in there

Im a undergraduate at ERAU working on my BS in Professional Aeronautics, or for Aviation. I'm taking the worldwide locations away from the main campus in Daytona Beach Florida mainly because Im active duty Navy and they offer classes at all of the Naval Air Stations and Air force bases worldwide.

Might I suggest a M.S. in Technical management, or M.S. in Aeronautical Science, or M.S. in Business Administration . I think going to the Daytona Beach campus would be great. They also have a nice Pilot certification program as well. I dont know much about the Prescott Arizona Campus.

http://www.erau.edu/er/degrees/ma-degrees.html

Lastly I dont know you're cash situation but I hear there was a high percentage of college loan debt problems in Daytona Beach. But if you can manage a scholarship or grant then you should be fine.

[Edited 2007-03-31 05:56:54]

hjulicher
Topic Author

RE: Graduate Programs In Aviation/Airport Manageme

Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:43 pm

I looked into Concordia, but for their MBA, isn't it distance learning? If this isn't the case, then is it easy to get information about their program. I checked program fees at ERAU, and their fees aren't too bad. I mean compared to other MBA programs, you're actually paying a lot less. 1060 for a credit hour isn't too bad. That equals to about 10000-12000 a semester... What are living expenses like in Daytona beach? I've heard that you can drive your car on the beach? Do a lot of people do this? Do you have to like Nascar too? NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, BUT DAYTONA BEACH SEEMS SOMEWHAT HICK-ISH IN MY MIND, BUT THAT COULD BE JUST A MISCONCEPTION. Those at ERAU, how is the student life, and do you enjoy your programs? Anyone go to Concordia who could write about their experiences there?
Detroit Moves the World!
LH 442

Mike89406

Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:33 pm

Quoting Mike89406 (Reply 7):
What are living expenses like in Daytona beach? I've heard that you can drive your car on the beach? Do a lot of people do this? Do you have to like Nascar too? NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, BUT DAYTONA BEACH SEEMS SOMEWHAT HICK-ISH IN MY MIND, BUT THAT COULD BE JUST A MISCONCEPTION. Those at ERAU, how is the student life, and do you enjoy your programs? Anyone go to Concordia who could write about their experiences there?

Maybe someone else could speak on ERAU's campus life as I dont attend Daytona regardless of being in Nevada I will still get mey Degree from the Daytona Beach campus.

NASCAR Lol! I know what you mean but it is very big on the east coast especially Maryland and down the coast to Florida get used to it.

I will tell you even though I am attending one of the satellite locations around the country get used to writing Papers in APA format almost every non-math related class I have taken I have written a report, term papers, and class presentations.

Thank god Im finished with my math cycle Pre-calculus, Statistics, etc...but this is for my undergrad. You may however have to do a thing called Graduate Capstone project which is I believe the preparation for the thesis required for you're Masters Degree.

ERAU is by reputation one of the top University in the US
to attend especially if you plan on working in Aviation and making good money doing it.
http://www.erau.edu/er/newsmedia/newsreleases/2006/usnews.html

floridaflyboy

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:18 pm

Lastly I dont know you're cash situation but I hear there was a high percentage of college loan debt problems in Daytona Beach.

Yep. The debt load of our grads here at Riddle are some of the highest of any university in the country, if not THE highest.

Quoting Hjulicher (Reply 8):
What are living expenses like in Daytona beach? I've heard that you can drive your car on the beach? Do a lot of people do this? Do you have to like Nascar too? NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, BUT DAYTONA BEACH SEEMS SOMEWHAT HICK-ISH IN MY MIND, BUT THAT COULD BE JUST A MISCONCEPTION. Those at ERAU, how is the student life, and do you enjoy your programs? Anyone go to Concordia who could write about their experiences there?

I go to Riddle in Daytona, and I can tell you about most of that. Living expenses are low in Daytona by Florida standards, as the town is not exactly what it used to be. Yeah, you can drive your car on the beach which is definitely cool from time to time. Being a NASCAR fan is not a pre-requisite (I'm not a fan at all), but if you are, it makes the month of February much more bearable. Daytona is not realy a hick town, but the events they have bring in that crowd (i.e. races). Fall is very quite down here, and then Feb/Mar are crazy. Student life at Riddle is good (not excellent), but the whole university is focused around aviation, which I love. The faculty are top-notch, and the classes are very enjoyable. To illustrate the quality of the faculty, I took a basic intro to management class last semester that was taught by a former senior exec at AirTran. The College of Business at Daytona is growing as well. In fact, they are getting their own building specifically for the business program, which is set to open Spring semester of 2008. I'd highly reccommend Riddle to anyone. It's not perfect, but it's good.
Good goes around!

LOT767-300ER

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:23 pm

Quoting Hjulicher (Reply 8):
What are living expenses like in Daytona beach? I've heard that you can drive your car on the beach? Do a lot of people do this? Do you have to like Nascar too? NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE, BUT DAYTONA BEACH SEEMS SOMEWHAT HICK-ISH IN MY MIND, BUT THAT COULD BE JUST A MISCONCEPTION

Theres a Russian guy who owns a Euro Deli here so you might feel at home. He imports me cases of Polish beer from Chicago on request ;-D

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 10):
I took a basic intro to management class last semester that was taught by a former senior exec at AirTran.

Errr BA201? Who was the prof?

floridaflyboy

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:25 pm

Quoting LOT767-300ER (Reply 11):
Errr BA201? Who was the prof?

That would be the class  Smile Len Brazis taught it. Were you in that class, too?
Good goes around!

Mike89406

Sat Mar 31, 2007 3:48 pm

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 10):
Yep. The debt load of our grads here at Riddle are some of the highest of any university in the country, if not THE highest.

Yeah I read that on the ERAU website a while back.

I also felt bad about the Tornado in December that decimated the ERAU fleet of aircraft

VTJAL

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:26 pm

Hi!!! Griffith University has programmes in Aviation management at both Graduate and Masters levels. You can check out on their Website.....www.griffithuniversity.au.

Rgds
Akash

VTJAL

Sat Mar 31, 2007 4:30 pm

Sorry..I forgot to mention the location....It is in Brisbane Australia.........Cool Place.

mematcer

Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:34 pm

Check out Purdue University at West Lafayette--great airport management program. I graduated in '99 and was going down that path until the FAA called.

http://www.tech.purdue.edu/at/academics/graduate/index.cfm

mematcer

jonathan-l

Sun Apr 01, 2007 12:59 am

Florida Institute of Technology, in Melbourne.
I attended 1 year, it's a good programme in a good location.

Fly2HMO

Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:12 am

but I want a backup in case I don't get in there.

The admissions rate was 85% percent when I enrolled, It might be even higher for graduates.

Quoting Spyderz (Reply 1):
Trust me....if you're even half decent you can get into Embry-Riddle.

I second that.

I dont know much about the Prescott Arizona Campus.

If you were to major in aeronautical science this would be the campus you'd want to go to. The weather is WAY better for flying than in Daytona, i.e. no hurricane season to worry about. PRC has a stronger flight program overall and a few majors not offered in DAB. The business department is supposed to be good. Living in PRC is pretty cheap, right now I'm renting a 1800 ft house for $1300 which split 4 ways costs me $325 a month plus utilities. PHX is only an hour away.

Mike89406

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:28 am

Quoting FLY2HMO (Reply 18):
If you were to major in aeronautical science this would be the campus you'd want to go to. The weather is WAY better for flying than in Daytona, i.e. no hurricane season to worry about. PRC has a stronger flight program overall and a few majors not offered in DAB. The business department is supposed to be good. Living in PRC is pretty cheap, right now I'm renting a 1800 ft house for $1300 which split 4 ways costs me $325 a month plus utilities. PHX is only an hour away.

I wouldn't mind going to one of the campuses and my major is an Aeronautical Science. Although ERAU and the Navy and Air Force have an active contract with the school so I can go to class here in Nevada or any other state with a base.The professors are top notch too. I might request to be a part of my college graduation ceremony at DBC or PRC.

hjulicher
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:28 am

Yeah those living prices compared to Ann Arbor are dirt cheap. Most people pay around $650 for a decent place to live, unless you decide to cram four people into a two bedroom shack. Anyways, thanks a lot for the info about Riddle. I guess I should start preparing for the GMAT. Are the other programs, such as Purdue and Griffith Graduate programs and not distance learning?
Detroit Moves the World!
LH 442

BWIA 772

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:32 am

Question how important in the GMAT. One article was saying it makes the difference seem to say that it did not. When I called RIddle they told me that they look at the overall student because I was asking them if I you have a good GPA and a crappy GMAT score if the crappy score would affect you and vice versa.

I was also wondering which one is better living on or off campus?

The Flying Fish
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

FURUREFA

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:34 am

If one wants to work in airline management, is it better to get a general MBA from a great business school (such as Harvard Business School, etc...) or a MBA in airline management from Embry-Riddle?

Matt

detroitflyer

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:36 am

Quoting Mematcer (Reply 16):
Check out Purdue University at West Lafayette--great airport management program. I graduated in '99 and was going down that path until the FAA called.

I am currently enrolled in the Universities professional flight program, but, like u said they do have a control tower program, airport managment program and i think also mechanical programs. I think all of these are undergraduate programs though!!!!!!
Boiler Up!!!

gte439u

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:48 am

Quoting FURUREFA (Reply 22):
If one wants to work in airline management, is it better to get a general MBA from a great business school (such as Harvard Business School, etc...) or a MBA in airline management from Embry-Riddle?

Go for Harvard, MIT, Insead, ect., before going to an aviation speciality program. Take a look at the leaders in the airline industry, and you'll find that, of those holding MBA degress, more often than not they graduated from an overall top business school.

Also, I'm interested in working for IATA, does anyone have any information about their program, and how difficult it is to get accepted into their internship program. What about taking classes from IATA, has anyone taken classes from them?

This is a bit of a random choice, but if you have work experience in the airline industry, you may want to consider McGill University's LL.M. or graduate diploma in air and space law. The program does not require a law degree (such as J.D. or LL.B.) if you have work experience.

http://www.mcgill.ca/iasl/

I'm a current Economics and Russian Student at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. After I finish my studies,

If your economics degree is heavy in math, you may want to consider MIT's Center for Air Transporation.
http://web.mit.edu/aeroastro/www/labs/ICAT/

bistro1200

Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:52 am

University of Nebraska Omaha has a great aviation institute, and very low cost for what you get.

http://www.unomaha.edu/ai/

They have the highest NASA spaceflight grant participation of any aviation institution in the US, and that covered about 55% of my master's program. I personally got a MPA, Master of Public Administration. Their MPA program is ranked #20 to #25, depending on what survey you are reading. They also have a good online curriculum that may work for you and not require you to move to Omaha.
Measure to the millimeter, mark with a crayon, cut with an axe.

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:00 am

Quoting Gte439u (Reply 24):
Go for Harvard, MIT, Insead, ect., before going to an aviation speciality program. Take a look at the leaders in the airline industry, and you'll find that, of those holding MBA degress, more often than not they graduated from an overall top business school.

That one is truly a toss-up. The ERAU college of business has not been around and big enough for long enough to really show its true colours. I think going to either a leading business school or to Riddle would be about the same. Riddle's business program in its current format is very new. In fact, Prescott didn't even offer Business until a couple years ago, and the DAB campus is completely revamping their business degree to align it more with the degrees offered at Harvard, MIT, etc. Effective next year, Riddle will be accredited by the same accrediting board as all the leading business schools, which is a little known fact.
Good goes around!

flybyguy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:01 am

Quoting Gte439u (Reply 24):

checkmark 

checkmark 

I think both you guys are right.... don't waste your time going to a fith tier school because of specific specialty when you can go to a top MBA program. Hjulicher, you seem to be a smart guy who's going to a great school already, U. Mich. I would consider going to a top 20 general MBA program and try to get a business internship with an airline.

ERAU seems to be pretty expensive anyway and may not give you a degree than can match the quality of the Ivy's or other top tier schools. As Gte439u and FURUREFA state... get into a good MBA program... it opens a lot more doors, airline or otherwise.
"Are you a pretender... or a thoroughbred?!" - Professor Matt Miller

BWIA 772

Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:40 am

Quoting Floridaflyboy (Reply 26):

Excellent points. How long has Riddle offered its MBA programme? While the current group of CEO have been from the traditional top business schools how about the up and coming management with in the airlines?

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

Dalmd88

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:34 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 28):

I graduated in In 90 with an undergrad degree and there was an MBA program then. The Masters of Technical Sci program was just starting. They also offered a Masters in Aero Engineering and Aero Science back then. All of the programs were much smaller back then. I think they have seen a large growth in these programs at the satillte campus sites and by distance learning.

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:43 am

Quoting DALMD88 (Reply 29):
I graduated in In 90 with an undergrad degree and there was an MBA program then.

Yeah, I think it was started in the late 80s (I may have to check with someone here on campus, because I may be way off), and then didn't really pick up until later. Like I mentioned, I think their biggest achievement is getting their higher accredidation this spring. That is going to make our graduates much much more attractive, and they were already very very hireable before.
Good goes around!

BWIA 772

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:12 am

[quote=Floridaflyboy,reply=30]/quote]

So do you how successful the graduates of the MBA programme have been? A board memeber of one of our airlines was telling my dad that Riddle and Concordia offered very good programs. He also told my dad that Riddle grads are sought after. I hope to be in the class of 09.

The Flying Fish
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

malaysia

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:28 am

Trust me....if you're even half decent you can get into Embry-Riddle. For an MBA, their GMAT requirement is 450, which is pitifully low.

No need for the GMAT for the same degree at ERAU if its extended campus (pretty silly) You get same degree as a resident ERAU grad and you can skip GMAT
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

malaysia

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 am

Quoting Behramjee (Reply 2):
the best airline mba program is probably at concordia univ in montreal.

go to http://www.johnmolson.concordia.ca/amba/index.cfm

they have an exclusive partnership with iata since 1992 concerning their AMBA - Airline Mgmt MBA program.

im going to be giving my GMAT late summer and then enrolling for this MBA program to start from fall 2008.

Due to my career situation now, I will not throw money at an MBA there unless it was free, and if I did the distant learning option. I still have my undergrad loan debt to pay off. And I would not feel right at home with those Concordia students, A class full of executives and managers from airlines around the world against a baggage handler literally. And with my disability, having an MBA from this program will not be a guarantee or anything to get me over the wall.

Yes, I am taking accounting and auditing now, cause I already have a degree in Aviation management and its not proving any use.

Quoting Jonathan-l (Reply 17):
Florida Institute of Technology, in Melbourne.
I attended 1 year, it's a good programme in a good location.

I remember that school, I did apply to the school and 4 days after I submitted my application for the aviation program, I got accepted. And that was August of the begining of my senior year. Pretty early for a school to start making decisions?
There Are Those Who Believe That There May Yet Be Other Airlines Who Even Now Fight To Survive Beyond The Heavens

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 31):
So do you how successful the graduates of the MBA programme have been? A board memeber of one of our airlines was telling my dad that Riddle and Concordia offered very good programs. He also told my dad that Riddle grads are sought after. I hope to be in the class of 09.

I know that some of the top brass at F9 are Riddle graduates, according to one of my professors, and another said that quite a few people at UA HQ are Riddle grads. The one professor I had who was an ex-AirTran exec actually graduated from Riddle and did the MBA through Riddle and he was in the upper eschelon at FL. If I remember right, he did was in charge of financial strategy or something to that effect for them. It's a really good program. I've heard the same thing about concordia. I am an undergrad Aviation Business Admin major at Riddle, and am still undecided as to whether I am going to stay at Riddle for MBA or go to Concordia. I'll probably stay at Riddle, though.
Good goes around!

BWIA 772

Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:34 am

Floridaflyboy

Hopefully I will see you during the fall Big grin It would be cool to be around people who are into aviation. BTW is it better to live on campus or off campus.

The Flying Fish
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

floridaflyboy

Sun Apr 01, 2007 11:25 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 35):
Floridaflyboy

Hopefully I will see you during the fall It would be cool to be around people who are into aviation. BTW is it better to live on campus or off campus.

Yeah, definitely. If you come to Daytona in the fall, look me up. Personally, I'm going to try and live on campus for as long as I can because it saves a lot of hassle, and I don't plan on spending any summers down here. A lot of people live off campus, though. The upper-classmen housing consists of Stimpson Hall, O'Conner Hall, and the Chanute Complex (which is about 1.5 miles away from campus). They are all pretty nice, and quite new. If I were you, I'd start out living on campus, and see how that goes, and then decide from there whether or not to move off campus.

[Edited 2007-04-01 04:28:25]
Good goes around!

behramjee

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 am

I called Concordia today for more info and unfortunatley from 2007 Sept onwards, the AMBA is web based entirely and for only 2 weeks a semester, do u need to attend classes on campus.

Personally speaking I prefer in-class lectures than web-based ones, as u learn more in class than through web-based classes.

floridaflyboy

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:19 am

Quoting Behramjee (Reply 37):
I called Concordia today for more info and unfortunatley from 2007 Sept onwards, the AMBA is web based entirely and for only 2 weeks a semester, do u need to attend classes on campus.

That's a shame. I was seriously considering doing Condordia's AMBA after finishing my undergrad here at Riddle.
Good goes around!

N911ME

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:21 am

Quoting Detroitflyer (Reply 23):
I am currently enrolled in the Universities professional flight program, but, like u said they do have a control tower program, airport managment program and i think also mechanical programs. I think all of these are undergraduate programs though!!!!!!

Correct, we do have undergraduate programs in Aeronautical Technology (A&P/aviation engineering technology), Aviation Management (ATC, airline management, airport management), and Professional Flight. However, there is an M.S. program in Aviation Technology that is primarily research-based - pretty small and very new, but have had some successful grads move on.

AF-A319

RE: Graduate Programs In Aviation/Airport Manageme

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:47 am

I did an MSc in Air Transport Management at Cranfield in the UK. The courses were really challenging but very enjoyable. It took a lot of work (and the selection is quite tough too) but I ended up with three job offers from high-profile airlines/aircraft manufacturer. The atmosphere on campus was amazing too...!

BWIA 772

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:29 am

Quoting AF-A319 (Reply 40):
did an MSc in Air Transport Management at Cranfield in the UK. The courses were really challenging but very enjoyable. It took a lot of work (and the selection is quite tough too) but I ended up with three job offers from high-profile airlines/aircraft manufacturer. The atmosphere on campus was amazing too...!

Well I was looking into that programme as well. I heard great things about that school and their program. I really don't know that much about the job offers that Riddle graduates have when they finish but I am hoping for at least 2 - 3 with some major airlines Big grin.

Regards
BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

Mike89406

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:44 am

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 41):
really don't know that much about the job offers that Riddle graduates have when they finish

ERAU is one of the top if not the top specialty University I know of in the US for Avaition fields however, I dont know the statistics on Job placement but I have toi believe you can land some really good careers. I even comtemplated minoring ERAU Space Studies in hopes of landing a NASA job.

keno

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:12 pm

Quoting BWIA 772 (Reply 5):
They are about 2 or 3 schools in Austrailia and New Zealand.

Besides Griffifth what are the other choices? I'm planning to do MBA in OZ/NZ next year, preferrably specializing in airline management.

nickofatlanta

Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:43 pm

UNSW has an aviation school at their Sydney campus.

BWIA 772

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:31 pm

RMIT in australia they are in melbourneMBA

Then Massey Univeristy in New Zealand
Masters Aviation

BWIA 772
Eagles Soar!

Coal

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:36 pm

For an MBA, their GMAT requirement is 450

I thought you could not get less than a 500 on the GMAT  confused 

Cheers,
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos