Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

stylo777
Topic Author

Turkish Delight... April Edition

Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:22 pm

Merhaba to all a.netters!

It is April and we should start a new thread with new discussions about the Turkish aviation.
Please insert all your information, news and also all rumours  Wink

1.) LH and TK started their code-share agreement recently.

2.) LH increased it's MUC-IST (3x) and MUC-ADB (2x) frequencies. When do we see FRA-ADB or FRA-ESB?

3.) After the run-over of the FG A300 at IST the discussions about the take-off and landing safety at Turkey's biggest airport started again. On the one hand the airport and the authorities want to expand, but on the other hand there is no room. They neither couldn't extend the current runways, because of the population living nearby.

4.) KK stopped his IST-ADA flights. There is so much traffic and so much airlines on this route that they couldn't fill all the flights. They said 18 daily flights between each city. They made a smart move and use their planes to other destinations which aren't served by any airline.

5.) Any news of 8Q, XQ, H9 or SX?

Selamlar  wave 

LTAC03R

RE: Turkish Delight... April Edition

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:06 pm

Merhaba Stylo777,

Quoting Stylo777 (Thread starter):
3.) After the run-over of the FG A300 at IST the discussions about the take-off and landing safety at Turkey's biggest airport started again. On the one hand the airport and the authorities want to expand, but on the other hand there is no room. They neither couldn't extend the current runways, because of the population living nearby.

I thought TAV were done with the bureaucracy to start extending the western end of rwy 06-24 some time this year. There were talks of a landfill to aid the process, but we haven't heard much of that recently.

4.) KK stopped his IST-ADA flights. There is so much traffic and so much airlines on this route that they couldn't fill all the flights. They said 18 daily flights between each city. They made a smart move and use their planes to other destinations which aren't served by any airline.

This maybe a bit of a pessimistic approach, but I see that as just another sign of KK nearing failure. The reason I'm so critical is that the news came just a few days after the Isparta chamber of commerce stated they were buying a block of 15,000 tickets in advance to have the company start flying there, the same way they had agreements with the commerce chambers in the other five or six towns that they started to fly to recently. This just doesn't sound like a sound way of staying in business in the long term. Not to forget all this comes after their decision to downsize last fall, laying off more than 40 flight crew members. Again I hope it's just my pessimism and that KK will live up to their claim of being the first private airline in Turkey to fly intercontinental.  crossfingers 
The difference between god and a pilot is that god doesn't think he is a pilot.

TurkishWings

Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:17 pm

6: And TurkishWings came back from the army and he has no idea what's going on in the civil aviation world let alone in Turkish aviation  Smile

I served in Adana and flew back to IST on Friday and the loads were extremely good on TK. KK had 3 flights that day and their 320 was pretty full too.But as you said, they want to concentrate more on the airports that aren't served by other airlines. I am not sure if it's a very smart move as I believe KK offers a very superior product and can easily compete with TK on any route...
Coffee - Tea or Me?

777way

Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:31 am

Air Blue(Pakistan) will have a tech stop in Ankara on their Islamabad-Manchester service starting in June with A321.

TK787

Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:02 am

Hello all,
If you haven't heard, Stylo777 just got back from his fabulous trip. We couldn't meet in nyc, but here is his awesome trip report: A380 LH8940/LH8945 FRA-JFK-FRA (by Stylo777 Mar 26 2007 in Trip Reports)

-There are couple of articles at airporthaber.com about the future of runways at IST. One mentions the eventual extension of 06/24 by 500m. and the other one, I am sure will be a major headache to relocate up to 20,000 people around IST surroundings to bulldoze most of the higher buildings.
What about the two parallel runways being too close to each other for simultaneous operations?

-TK fleet size down to 100. I think they are getting rid of the leased 320s, 321s to make room for the brand new ones coming. (TK gets 7x320s and 5x321 in 2007)

-TK's first quarter results are in and they are up by 25% compared to last year. Hard to believe this for the slow winter season, but the numbers were almost split 50/50 between domestic and int.

-Here are two of the most popular photos on this website this past week:

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Hakan Ozkocak
View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Fatih Caliskan

What is the latest? I hope it doesn't sit there for a long time, like the Romanian ship "Independenta", off Haydarpasa, during the late 70's.

pilotaydin

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:20 am

hello hello to all of you, Stylo selam TK merhaba! hey turkish wings, hayirli olsun  Wink 03R, how are things?!

well, i know this is a bit egotistical, but it is turkish aviation lol, im on line flight 6-7-8 of my 10 sector 800 training....the aircraft is amazing!! flew to Odessa, ADA and Tbilisi, tomorrow im flying TK 1887 IST-VIE and then from there back to IST and heading to ASR for an overnighter! We have been using 06 for T/O and i snapped a photo of the Ariana during the day as we flew in and out lol they were taking her apart, nothing left really, just a wing root and an engine yesterday.

here are some pics...

Walkaround.....lots of bags n cargoooo

I like this shot....the winglets are huge!

Still using 36L due to the A300

Allright i finally got a proper shot lol

Coming into Odessa!

Typical airport setup around this region  Smile 18 knot crosswind on my first landing...hmmm

Bye bye Odessa! beautiful cities in Ukraine!

A day's work ends on leg 4 from ADA-IST  Smile sunset on the fuselage!
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

stylo777
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:31 am

vaaaaayt canavar aydin Big grin

emrecan

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:38 am

Great pics Aydin !! Eline saglik Big grin

Poor Afghan A300  Sad

pilotaydin

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:41 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 6):
vaaaaayt canavar aydin

trafik canavari olmayin hahahah

saol kardes! how is FRA ops doing?

stylo777
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:43 am

hey guys I have an idea. what do you think of a Turkish summer meet with bbq between 06 and the 18's? Big grin

AH332

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:46 am

Salam,

Just wanted to know if anyone knew how TK is doing on their IST-ALG service? Last I heard TK had a virtual monopoly on the China-Algeria route bringing many Chinese workers from PEK to ALG via IST.

Also, any plans for TK to increase frequencies to ALG for the busy summer season?

Side Note: Kind of off topic but while I was searching flights for my trip to Algeria this summer, the travel agent gave me a nice flight with TK (JFK-IST-ALG). However, seeing as it was $250 USD more than LH's flight, I didn't buy it. Which is a shame really, because I've been dying to visit Istanbul for soooooo long!  Smile

Well, I'm going to see if I can visit Istanbul during my winter break. I'll need to save quite a bit though!

Cheers,
Imad
Bledi Heya Al Djazaeer! // Next Flights: AB MIA-DUS-ORY, AF ORY-MRS-ALG

stylo777
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:47 am

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 8):
how is FRA ops doing?

a real mess and chaos these days!!! Luckily I don't work for 3 days Big grin due to the eastern vacations all flights are overbooked and sometimes I think the pax will fly in the galley and crewrest and jumpseat and everywhere else on the plane Big grin
yesterday Terminal 1 was FULL. the people waited almost 2-3 hrs. in the queues which were km. long.

68,000 pax two days ago only flying with LH! I don't know what we'll do this summer  Confused

Beaucaire

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:58 am

Thanks a lot Pilotaydin for your report and pictures-finally the face to the words on the web...
Odessa must be an interesting place but I suppose you never have time to stay there ..
Once you have your type-rating for Boeing,will you stay on Boeing forever within TK or eventually switch to Airbus ?
Please respect animals - don't eat them...

pilotaydin

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:04 am

Stylo, my god! that's a rough time, but wait...you arent working hahaha

we should do a turkish A.net meet at Flyinn or somewhere around there, bring some balik and raki or something!

emrecan

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:14 am

Selam Stylo777:

I guess because of North America flights FRA is full of pax waiting for security. Is it true ?

stylo777
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:32 am

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 14):

I guess because of North America flights FRA is full of pax waiting for security. Is it true ?

you are so right! just count together:

24x daily North America flights (incl. YVR, YYZ and MEX)

operated by

9x B747-400 (~390 seats)
9x A340-300 [~247 seats)
4x A340-600 (~345 seats)
2x A330-300 (~221 seats)

=

edit: these are only the LH operated flights. If you count UA, US, AC, AI, (DL, CO, NW in Terminal 2) you will get the perfect chaos Big grin

[Edited 2007-04-02 22:34:40]

stylo777
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:36 am

trafik canavari olmayin hahahah

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 13):
bring some balik and raki or something!

any comments are appreciated Big grin

pilotaydin

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 15):
24x daily North America flights (incl. YVR, YYZ and MEX)

HAHHAHA oh wait...why am i laughing? that means i can ZED my butt out of here and over to there, only if the ZED master Stylo lets me!

stylo you have any pics you can post of where ya work and what you see daily?

rihannsu

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:42 am

Merhaba ve Selam,
Do let us know if you will have a meeting in Flyinn. I also like the cafe right next door to it (forgot the name). Great views.
Sagol

stylo777
Topic Author

Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:51 am

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 17):
stylo you have any pics you can post of where ya work and what you see daily?

the only thing I see these days are crowds, crowds and crowds  bomb  and sometimes  airplane   Wink

but I'll catch some pics for you. stay tuned!

back to TURKISH AVIATION (not Turkish guys talking about aviation)! Big grin I would love it if we all could meet at FlyInn or somewhere else. By the way is it possible to visit the TK Technic hangars or make an airport tour since there is no visitor terrace or something similar.

Another question: What is the current status of VAS? Today I booked a domestic flight to ADB for my sister and my nephews, but I don't know if they will remain open or close again or what?!?!

LTAC03R

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:28 am

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 2):
6: And TurkishWings came back from the army and he has no idea what's going on in the civil aviation world let alone in Turkish aviation

Turkishwings, i'm guessing you would have been 309. If that is indeed the case, i'd like to call you devrem  Wink

Aleksandar

Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:45 am

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 5):

Thanks for great pics. When you fly to BEG, don't forget to bring your camera with you.
R-E-S-P-E-C-T

TurkishWings

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:00 am

Quoting AH332 (Reply 10):
Just wanted to know if anyone knew how TK is doing on their IST-ALG service?

I guess they are doing quite well as they sent a 332 to ALG today. Loads must be good. They normally use a 310 which also is a good indication of how well they are doing.
Coffee - Tea or Me?

TK787

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:17 am

Quoting Rihannsu (Reply 18):
Do let us know if you will have a meeting in Flyinn. I also like the cafe right next door to it (forgot the name). Great views.

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 9):
hey guys I have an idea. what do you think of a Turkish summer meet with bbq between 06 and the 18's?

Sounds great, I will bring the "deve". Maybe Pilotaydin can park a 738 w/winglets to hang it off of.
I will be in IST/DLM, doing my usual spring trip, end of this month. I have never been to the Flyinn.

We have been using 06 for T/O and i snapped a photo of the Ariana during the day as we flew in and out lol they were taking her apart, nothing left really, just a wing root and an engine yesterday.

Wow, thanks for the photo. But I am glad they are working pretty fast to get it out of the way.

18 knot crosswind on my first landing...hmmm

I can tell by that Ukranian flag, Odessa looks like a bit like coming into IST, don't you guys think?

Quoting AH332 (Reply 10):
Also, any plans for TK to increase frequencies to ALG for the busy summer season?

TK summer timetable shows IST-ALG 6xweekly with A310, flight no: TK1153. I don't know if this any different than the winter timetable.

777way

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:12 am

PIA may quit IST from December, can anyone confirm this?

wing

Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:20 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 2):
And TurkishWings came back from the army and he has no idea what's going on in the civil aviation world let alone in Turkish aviation

Turkish wings; welcome back,how was your military service? As of 1st of April I am officially in the army now,I took the test for long or short term selection in Tuzla Piyade okulu.I will be in, at the 12th of april.

Yes folks I have been listening to old hit song "In the army now" or its Turkish version "Yaylalar Yaylalar" recently to join my military service,these may be one of my last post for the next (hopefully) 6 months.At the 31st of march I made my last flight to Stansted(TK1972) and hanged my uniform to the cupboard.Its really hard for somebody who really loves flying to stay away for such a long time but there's nothing to do about it.

I hope I may be able to reach internet somewhere,even if I cant post I may be able to follow whats up with the Turkish aviation,keep posting these threads on monthly bases it really started to be more fun every day.

LTAC03R,

I've send you an instant message assuming that you may be the one send me an email from Ankara flight school(with the last name similar to our family friends) was it you or am I mixing you two?

Pilotaydýn;

Shine from your 3 gold bars makes the sunlight look dim  Smile Very nice pictures.  Smile I have recorded my last landing to Stansted also to watch and satistify for the next 6 months...

Algeria loads were generally high as I witnessed first hand during the days I flew wet lease for AirAlgerie and Air Khalifa in the 2001-2004,we were flying with THY as pax to reach Algeria where we were based.The pax were mainly Algerian people coming to Ýstanbul for touristic and commercial reasons,return leg(IST-ALG) were especially loaded fully with goods to sell back home.

One day the airplane(738) was full of Chinese workers all wearing the same uniform type clothes(and probably for a very very long time) and all took off their shoes,man I cant forget that smell.Luckily I found my classmate was pilot that day and I sat in the cockpit for the entire flight but I couldnt stop thinking about the poor flight attendants who spent 3 hours Ýn the cabin. It was terrible believe me.
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

emrecan

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:56 pm

Wing:

Good luck for you in the military. I still have 1 more year to join the army ( I am lucky that it will last only 3 weeks  Smile )

May be you will complete your military service in Istanbul, Hava Harp Okulu ?

I wish you a fast and easy next 6 months...

TK787

Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:19 pm

Quoting Wing (Reply 25):
Yes folks I have been listening to old hit song "In the army now" or its Turkish version "Yaylalar Yaylalar" recently to join my military service,these may be one of my last post for the next (hopefully) 6 months.

Don't forget "Gel Tezkere..."
Enjoy your military service. Some people find it calming believe me, almost you have no worries, everything is decided for you. I am sure there will be plenty of internet cafes wherever you go to stay in touch.
Good luck.

Quoting 777way (Reply 24):
PIA may quit IST from December, can anyone confirm this?

Why would they do that? How about the latest on the N.American flights? Are they still stopping over in IST or MAN, how long that will last?

Airporthaber.com has an article on Aeroflots bid for Alitalia. Alitalia only would wish to have one of those whales. Where do they get their pictures? Do they pay royalties?
http://www.airporthaber.com/hb/detay.php?id=14627

Actually I know where they get their photos. Look at the oh so familiar water-logo top of the frame:
http://www.airporthaber.com/hb/detay.php?id=14539

AH332

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:50 am

Hi,

Wing:
Good luck with your military service! Thanks for the updates on Algerian yields.

Quoting Wing (Reply 25):
Algeria where we were based

How did you like Algeria?

Any way, good luck and have fun in the army!

Cheers,
Imad

ThereandBack

Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:31 am

I'm glad you like the 738 the pictures look awesome.

Quoting Rihannsu (Reply 18):
Do let us know if you will have a meeting in Flyinn.

A IST meet a Flyinn would be so cool. I hear the view is great but I have never been to that shopping center.

Does anyone know if TK changed the Flight Safety Demo recently?

wing

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:46 pm

Quoting AH332 (Reply 28):
How did you like Algeria?

Well I had great time,been to every city with airport and overnighted there,the best city I likes was Annaba,then Oran and Tamanraset(not the city itself but night view of the sky is great there)

The location of the country has very big advantages to became a touristic riviera but the people are not aware how much they can develop with tourism(check the Turkey's last 25 years for example),terror was the biggest fear that time ,I was in the city when the big central post office in Alger city was bombed.

I had good times good memories overall.

stylo777
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:37 pm

Quoting Wing (Reply 30):
Well I had great time,been to every city with airport and overnighted there,the best city I likes was Annaba,then Oran and Tamanraset(not the city itself but night view of the sky is great there)

The location of the country has very big advantages to became a touristic riviera but the people are not aware how much they can develop with tourism(check the Turkey's last 25 years for example),terror was the biggest fear that time ,I was in the city when the big central post office in Alger city was bombed.

slm Wing,
tell us more about these stories. Where have you been so far, what did you see there, any adventures/experiences? I love it reading such stories from pilots.
aydin kaptan, you are also welcomed to write down your experiences.

I guess everybody of you know this book of the three retired TK F/A's. My mother bought and read that one and recommended it to me. I also read it and found it very interesting 'cause it tells a lot of things from a different perspective.

[Edited 2007-04-05 09:44:33]

TurkishWings

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:55 pm

Quoting LTAC03R (Reply 20):
Turkishwings, i'm guessing you would have been 309. If that is indeed the case, i'd like to call you devrem Wink

Nope... I am not your "devre". I was 313. I still have about 40 days to go but I got terribly sick, spent a few weeks at the hospital. While I was there, my "boluk" were sent to Hakkari. I begged my doctor and he gave me 45 days rest  Smile So I will only go and collect my tezkere  Smile

Quoting Wing (Reply 25):
Turkish wings; welcome back,how was your military service? As of 1st of April I am officially in the army now,I took the test for long or short term selection in Tuzla Piyade okulu.I will be in, at the 12th of april.

Good luck Wing. You remind me of myself in the beginning of December. It was a huge excitement waiting to learn where I would serve. Your results should be out in a few days. Fingers crossed for you.. Do let us know where you will be. I can also help you out with shopping list etc  Smile Military service was HELL for me. I had a very tough time. They stole 5 months of my life. I had a shower once every two weeks if I was lucky and my uniform was never washed for 5 whole months. But again, its not the same everywhere. I was just very very unlucky in Adana.

Quoting TK787 (Reply 27):
Don't forget "Gel Tezkere..."

Actually long term soldiers sing those kinda songs. Not us  Smile

Quoting ThereAndBack (Reply 29):
A IST meet a Flyinn would be so cool. I hear the view is great but I have never been to that shopping center

I am definetly up for a meeting at Flyinn as well.. We should organize one soon.... I heard its quite nice over there...

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 31):

I guess everybody of you know this book of the three retired TK F/A's. My mother bought and read that one and recommended it to me. I also read it and found it very interesting 'cause it tells a lot of things from a different perspective.

The book is quite lame I must say. A very retarded version of "Coffee-Tea or Me?". But I must say it reminded me a lot of the days when I was an F/A for TK.
Coffee - Tea or Me?

stylo777
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:13 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 32):
The book is quite lame I must say. A very retarded version of "Coffee-Tea or Me?". But I must say it reminded me a lot of the days when I was an F/A for TK.

I suppose you understood me wrong. I found some points very interesting not the book itself. They provide another insight into the job in the sky.

pilotaydin

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:26 pm

Hello there, well i missed out on some stuff obviously lol

I just had a very rough 2 day duty

IST-VIE-IST-ASR overnight, followed by ASR-IST-DNZ-IST

they've scheduled me for 70 hours this month plus 8 reserves, which means ill be seeing the 100 hour mark soon  Smile
I have BRU 2 times in the next 5 days and one AMS if anyone is around there  Smile

WING - oh my god, askerlik....im going in December...how do we get it to be short term versus long term? i just dont get it...Good luck to you my friend, i hope you come back in one piece, mentally as well lol  Smile

Everyone else: Flyinn sounds good but wing should be there to share his stories, how about towards the fall season? where the weather will be nice and comfy, maybe we can arrange a trip to IST tower i know a couple of people there...

Aside from that TK load factors seem pretty good so far, all our domestic flights have increased in freq, and the whole European flights from Anatolia will start in may/june, such as ADA-VIE, ASR-VIE, ADA-CGN, SZF-DUS, TZX-CGN etc, many many 737-800 flights await us, hopefully it will be a safe and hard working summer!

what else is going on?

LTAC03R

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:03 pm

Quoting Wing (Reply 25):
I've send you an instant message assuming that you may be the one send me an email from Ankara flight school(with the last name similar to our family friends) was it you or am I mixing you two?

I think you've got me confused with someone else. Anyway, you could still message me about that notorious flight school in Ankara  stirthepot  And good luck with your military service. A year away from flying isn't as bad as you think, let alone 6 months. I spent three months in Piyade Okulu, starting this time last year... just hope you don't end up there.

Nope... I am not your "devre". I was 313. I still have about 40 days to go but I got terribly sick, spent a few weeks at the hospital. While I was there, my "boluk" were sent to Hakkari. I begged my doctor and he gave me 45 days rest Smile So I will only go and collect my tezkere Smile

Well, geçmiþ olsun then.

TK787

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:50 pm

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 34):
Aside from that TK load factors seem pretty good so far

Anyone know how come TLV flights get the 332, last Sunday all 3 flights were operated by 332s, again today 2 out of 3. The yields are better than any other European/similar flight time, cities?

many many 737-800 flights await us

Can anyone confirm that TK will be getting more 738s, still 8 options? And any news on SKY's 739ERs?
Thanks.

GFA330

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:40 am

Hi guys,

Can anyone confirm EY's start up for Oct this year ?
We're hearing some pretty loud rumors in AUH.

Aydin,
Did MCT AUH IST, early march on a 734, your name came up when they announced the flight deck crew.
we're you on deck 3/4 March ?

GFA330

AH332

Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:22 am

Hi,

Quoting Wing (Reply 30):

I'm glad you enjoyed Algeria! I go to Annaba everytime I visit Algeria to see my dad's family. Everyone says Oran is the Paris of Africa, and I'd love to visit. Tamanrassett has always been a dream of mine to visit. Hopefully, this summer when I go to Algeria I'll have a chance.

Your absolutely right about Algeria having a HUGE touristic advantage but hey what are you going to do. I guess many people don't realize it yet. On a side note I'm sure you'll appreciate this. Annaba's airport (AAE) is having a huge expansion/reconstruction project. Here's a link to the website with pics: http://www.egsa-constantine.dz/ESSAI/AN/AERO/AN.htm

Again, good luck in the army!

Cheers,
Imad

TK787

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:38 am

I am sure you all have heard about the Tbilisi airport is going to be open for Turkish citizens to use for Turkish domestic and International flights. I wasn't expecting this many flights. Check it out under flight info:
http://www.tbilisiairport.com/0.php

b52murph

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:07 pm

Military service was HELL for me. I had a very tough time. They stole 5 months of my life. I had a shower once every two weeks if I was lucky and my uniform was never washed for 5 whole months. But again, its not the same everywhere. I was just very very unlucky in Adana.

Selam TurkishWings. Where in Adana were you? Were you at Incirlik? I was stationed at Incirlik from July '05 to Oct '06 (USAF). I greatly enjoyed my time there. And to keep it relevant....flew ADA-IST-ADA twice and IST-FRA-IST once. It was refreshing to actually be fed a hot meal in Y-class on an ADA-IST (and return) flight. Great service each time! That is something you almost NEVER see on a U.S. domestic flight these days.

how is FRA ops doing?

Speaking of FRA ops...does TK ever offer a nonstop ADA-FRA flight? It would have come in useful several times during my time in Adana.

jimyvr

Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:51 pm

1.) LH and TK started their code-share agreement recently.

TK and LH plans to expand codeshare from September, with TK codeshare on LH's Trans-Atlantic flight and LH on TK's flight to Central Asia and Middle East.
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

stylo777
Topic Author

Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:15 pm

Quoting B52murph (Reply 40):
Speaking of FRA ops...does TK ever offer a nonstop ADA-FRA flight? It would have come in useful several times during my time in Adana.

they have a two weekly flight:
TK1614 opt 1--4--- with 738

TurkishWings

Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:01 pm

Quoting B52murph (Reply 40):

Selam TurkishWings. Where in Adana were you? Were you at Incirlik? I was stationed at Incirlik from July '05 to Oct '06 (USAF). I greatly enjoyed my time there.

I was at the 6. Kolordu in the city center, not the airbase. I guess it would have been more fun at the airbase. I am just glad it's over  Smile

Quoting LTAC03R (Reply 35):
Well, geçmiþ olsun then.

Thnx  Smile

what else is going on?

How about TK's new flights from IST to Nevsehir and more surprisingly from Bursa to Trabzon? Very courageous move from TK. I also heard that the leased 320s and 321s are slowly leaving the company. Can anyone confirm this?

I just had a very rough 2 day duty

IST-VIE-IST-ASR overnight, followed by ASR-IST-DNZ-IST

It sounds rough but believe me I have done worse back in the days. You are lucky you are not flying RJs. I was (98. donem) one of the last people who were certified to fly on the RJs. We had 5 day Ankara layovers with at least 4 or 5 legs per day. And a 4 leg ESB-VAN-ESB-VAN-ESB or ESB-IST-VIE-IST-ESB was really hell on that airplane. Oh and most of the time, the autopilot was not working on those planes  Smile
Coffee - Tea or Me?

wing

Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:41 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 43):
I also heard that the leased 320s and 321s are slowly leaving the company. Can anyone confirm this?

I can comfirm  Smile

stylo777
Topic Author

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:34 pm

what do you guys think of an additional order of CRJ's for Atlasjet? They are currently serving some regional airports only 3-4x weekly. With only 2 more they could do them daily. Would be a great expand for this 'aviation isolated regions'. Maybe some CRJ-200's?

TK787

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:02 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 43):
How about TK's new flights from IST to Nevsehir

3 years ago I was working on a project in Cappadocia, and we actually rented a TK734 to do a charter from Nevsehir to IST. It was in the middle of the night, and we were the only ones at the airport. The airport itself was a bit smaller than DLM domestic, and it was in good shape. Good to hear that it is going to get used more often.

TK787

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:23 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 39):
I am sure you all have heard about the Tbilisi airport is going to be open for Turkish citizens to use for Turkish domestic and International flights.

I am sorry guys, I meant Batumi airport since it is 15 miles from the Turkish boarder. But it is even crazier now to see all those Turkish carriers flying out of Tblisi. (Tbilisi is 85 miles from the Turkish boarder) Any ideas?

pilotaydin

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 48):
I am sorry guys, I meant Batumi airport since it is 15 miles from the Turkish boarder. But it is even crazier now to see all those Turkish carriers flying out of Tblisi. (Tbilisi is 85 miles from the Turkish boarder) Any ideas?

Hey i just flew TBS on the 30th of last month, it was a short n sweet flight, but we had to wait there for 3.3 hours..that sucked, we left IST at 2300 local and we were back home at 7 am...ech  Sad

but the view was nice with the moonlight and the moutains with snow  Smile

debonair

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:01 pm

5.) Any news of 8Q, XQ, H9 or SX?

who the hell is SX???

In other news I heard rumors, that FLY HAVA YOLLARI re-startet operations for summer 2007, can anyone confirm??

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos