HAWK21M

RE: Indian Aviation Thread: Part 49

Fri Feb 22, 2002 2:41 pm

Quoting BlrBird (Reply 72):
when did this happen

http://dgca.nic.in/bilateral/bil_ind.htm
regds
MEL
I may not win often, but I damn well never lose!!! ;)

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Indian Aviation Thread: Part 49

Tue Apr 03, 2007 3:50 am

SpiceJet finacial results and interview with CEO. http://www.moneycontrol.com/india/ne...pesto/market/stocks/article/274179

Quotes:
SpiceJet has announced its third quarter results. The company’s third quarter operating revenues stood at Rs 246 crore versus Rs 132 crore on YoY basis. Its net loss stood at Rs 21 crore as compared with profit of Rs 4.3 crore, YoY.

MD and CEO of SpiceJet, Siddhanta Sharma states that they will strive for break even in FY08. Spice Jet hopes to bring non fuel costs down by 7-8% and bring fleet from 11 to 19 aircrafts by March '08. He adds that the load factor stands at 77% and is line with last year. According to him, every 1% increase in fuel cost hits bottomline by 4%. He informs that they have decided to stick to the surchage of Rs 750 and have not rolled back any congestion fee.

Excerpts of CNBC-TV18's exclusive interview with Siddhanta Sharma:
Q: Walk us through this quarter as it has been in terms of plant load factor, yield as well as the EBIDTA performance?
A: This was a quarter of growth for us. Last year, in the same quarter, we were at about 5-6 aircrafts. But in the last two quarters, we have grown from 6 aircrafts to 11 aircrafts and that is the reason why some of the routes are still maturing. Having said that, we continue to maintain an operating profit of Rs 14 crore. We still have some unabsorbed overheads, which are definitely going to be covered in the next quarter of April to June.

Q: What about the plant load factor and the yields per customer?
A: The yields were slightly better. The yields were about Rs 2600-2650 per customer. The load factor for the quarter was 77%, which was again in line with what we had last year. So some fears like how will they manage the growth, will they be able to maintain the same load factor when the fleet grows, have been addressed.

Q: Could you give the schedule as to how these aircraft will be inducted, in what time span and how?
A: They are primarily coming towards the beginning of the busy season, which will be September-October and will continue to arrive till February 2008. So all the seven aircraft will be inducted from end of August, early September till about February 2008.

kiramakora

Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:55 am

Continued from Thread 48:

Planeboy, you are indeed correct. A F27 of Indian Airlines (called "Ganga") was hijacked to Pakistan on 02/Feb/1971. However, the flight was operating on the SXR-IXJ segment and did not result in any fatalities. The aircraft was blown up by the terrorists at LHE. It was registered VT-DMA.

Nimish

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:38 am

Indian’s exclusivity at DEL terminal 1A to end

From: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/..._1A_to_end/articleshow/1848075.cms

Quote:
In a move that would end Indian’s exclusivity over the Delhi airport’s spacious 1A terminal, SpiceJet and Air Sahara are being shifted from terminal 1B which is now being used by all private airlines barring Kingfisher. While the GMR-led consortium—which manages the Delhi airport now—says the proposal to shift the two airlines into terminal 1A is aimed at decongesting the other terminal, the move has led to speculation about rehaul in space allocated to airlines for domestic departures.

Indian, its subsidiary Alliance Air, and Kingfisher—the only private airline to operate out of 1A—are upset that the facilities enjoyed by their customers would be affected, carriers housed in 1B are also upset since they feel that that move is an indication that their terminal will not be expanded now. Kingfisher operates out of 1A since its ground handling operations are managed by Indian. Shifting Air Sahara and SpiceJet to 1A means that our passengers would face space crunch, said sources in the airlines functioning from the terminal, feels the airline official.

The other terminal,1B, is crowded since a number of players, including Jet Airways, Air Deccan, IndiGo, GoAir, apart from Air Sahara and SpiceJet operate from this outdated facility. By redistributing traffic, the new airport managers may try to avoid expansion of this facility in the short term, representatives of private airlines feel.

Delhi International Airport (DIAL), the GMR-led consortium modernising Delhi airport, is learnt to be in talks with other airlines as well for shifting to 1A, industry sources said.

Currently, 65% of the passengers pass through terminal 1B comprising of 18,000 square meter area while the remaining 35% travel via terminal 1A which consists of 8,000 square meters.

Pretty good move in my opinion
Incredible India!

planeboy

Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:43 pm

Quoting Kiramakora (Reply 1):
Planeboy, you are indeed correct. A F27 of Indian Airlines (called "Ganga") was hijacked to Pakistan on 02/Feb/1971. However, the flight was operating on the SXR-IXJ segment and did not result in any fatalities. The aircraft was blown up by the terrorists at LHE. It was registered VT-DMA.

Thanks for the info! It must have been a horrible ordeal for the poor pax. Guess they all made their way back to India through Wagah border.

I am still awaiting for someone to post the current 737-200 routes of IC (especially from BLR, if it exists).

cricket

Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:50 pm

Quoting Planeboy (Reply 3):
I am still awaiting for someone to post the current 737-200 routes of IC (especially from BLR, if it exists).

The Delhi-Jaipur-Jodhpur-Udaipur-Bombay hopping flight is still on a 737-200 (or has it switched over to a A319) There is also Delhi-Raipur tht still operates on a 737-200. One of the planes is based at MAA, but I don't think they base one at BLR.
been there, flown that

15a

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:39 pm

Alliance air have 2 aircraft in chennai...one does maa-blr-maa-bhubaneshwar-kolkata-bhubaneshwar-maa-blr-maa as a day routine
Another used to goto portblair from chennai in early morning and then does chennai-vizag-raipur-delhi. Another delhi based aircraft does the same trip in the reverse direction and thus swap aircraft.
Another aircraft sits in Hyderabad and does jaunts like Hyd-Bhubaneshar-Kolkata and Hyd-Nagpur Kolkata.
and another in mumbai does Bom-Hyd-Vizag-Hyd-Bom..
Used to fly the aircraft almost every week a few years back on chennai-vizag..scary is an understatement...and given it was the only connection (and it left at 3 PM...no flight after that)..if for some reason your aircraft went tech or decided to skip vizag,,,u just cancel your plans and come back the next day. both btw have happened to me

BigTom

Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:41 pm

Haven't most of IC's B737-200s have been hived off to Alliance Air? Or do they have some still in their fleet?

cheers

HAWK21M

Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:44 pm

Quoting BigTom (Reply 6):
Haven't most of IC's B737-200s have been hived off to Alliance Air

Currently 11 Registered with CD only.
regds
MEL

jaysit

Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:53 am

Question: Anyone know why Delta moved its BPO outsourcing from Gurgaon? I heard that the airline moved it to the Phillipines because Manila could do it for less $$$ per hour than India.

Also, wasn't Jet Airways supposed to be launching their new image today?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

planeboy

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:48 am

Quoting 15A (Reply 5):
Another used to goto portblair from chennai in early morning and then does chennai-vizag-raipur-delhi. Another delhi based aircraft does the same trip in the reverse direction and thus swap aircraft.

These days IXZ (Port Blair) is being served by IC 320s. Atleast I saw them there.

I am planning to do MAA-RPR run just for the heck of flying those noisy birds. I am scouting around for prices (May) and they appear to be not so cheap. Weekend prices are so hilarious, they even beat IT fares.

I thought selling seats in these old rattlers was challenging enough for IC (for whatever price), but they seem to have done something to keep it up with IT. Beats me!

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:38 am

First non-stop Ahmedabad to London flight takes off.
http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes..._takes_off/articleshow/1852811.cms

Quotes:
The first direct flight from here to London took off today with 226 passengers on board. The Jet Airways flight took off from Sardar Patel international airport here this afternoon.

Darshin Patel, one of the first passengers to check in for in the inaugural flight, said: "This is a very beneficial flight because of its timing, as we are scheduled to reach Heathrow Airport by 1905 hours London time. Passengers from Gujarat also do not have to go to Mumbai for a transit flight."

The flight uses a special aircraft configured for international operations with 30 seats in the premier class and 196 in the economy class with in-flight entertainment. The passengers were also thrilled at the prospect of having the option to sample Gujarati cuisine during the flight to London.

"This non-stop flight is bound to save so much time and energy of poassengers and will also benefit those who have to go to London or come to Ahmedabad in a hurry," Nisha Patel, another traveller, said. "The flight will be operated twice a week and the frequency may then be increased. The response has been good for the maiden flight," Nishali Sheth, a senior Jet Airways official, said.

jaysit

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:41 am

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 10):
First non-stop Ahmedabad to London flight takes off.

Air India have been operating a nonstop Ahmedabad-London flight for several years now. The Indian press is wrong as usual.

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:53 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 11):
Air India have been operating a nonstop Ahmedabad-London flight for several years now. The Indian press is wrong as usual.

Is the AI flight non-stop in both directions? I thought it was BOM-AMD-LHR-BOM-AMD.

freqflyer

Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:18 am

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 12):
Is the AI flight non-stop in both directions? I thought it was BOM-AMD-LHR-BOM-AMD.

Its BOM-AMD-LHR-AMD-BOM. So indeed its the second non-stom AMD-LHR flight.

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 10):
The first direct flight from here to London took off today with 226 passengers on board. The Jet Airways flight took off from Sardar Patel international airport here this afternoon.

Does this mean that the flight was 100% full? if so, WOW !!

Also todays Times of India, AMD edition carries a small b/w pic of the incoming flight ( LHR-BOM) being given a water gun salute, with 2 tenders, one on either side. Pretty good. I hope 9W's publicity dept has got a better pic in colour.

On checking with 9W's office , I learnt that the routing is actually LHR-AMD-LHR and that the aircraft is actually based in LHR. So no AMD-BOM/BOM-AMD in an A330.  Sad . I have flown AI's 774 and 742's and A310's BOM-AMD. Cool Stuff.

himmat01

Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:38 pm

Quoting Planeboy (Reply 9):
I thought selling seats in these old rattlers was challenging enough for IC (for whatever price), but they seem to have done something to keep it up with IT. Beats me!

I have been flying them on BOM-JDH sector from 1981. As a kid, I did not really like them but as their end nears, I have started loving them. I last travelled on this aircraft in 2004 and would love to fly on it one more time before it is withdrawn from passenger service.
An airplane might disappoint any pilot but it'll never surprise a good one.

cricket

Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:41 pm

Quoting Himmat01 (Reply 14):
I have been flying them on BOM-JDH sector from 1981. As a kid, I did not really like them but as their end nears, I have started loving them. I last travelled on this aircraft in 2004 and would love to fly on it one more time before it is withdrawn from passenger service.

I last flew them Delhi-Jaipur-Jodhpur and while I have flown those 737-200's several times as a kid, they are at the end of their tether. Anyway, I doubt they'll be going anywhere until the new Airbus planes start coming from Hamburg!
been there, flown that

pnqiad

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:27 am

Daily Sakal (Pune's Marathi daily) is reporting that till June 15, AI's PNQ-DXB flight will take an extra halt at BOM due to high temps at PNQ (nearly 40 deg. C - not really extraordinary IMHO) which supposedlyrnstrains aircraft's tech. systems due to added fuel weight. The returnrnwill operate DXB-PNQ non-stop though. For those interested and can readrnMarathi, the URL is http://www.esakal.com/esakal/04042007/PuneBC65BBD98C.htm

I thought AI operated the route using an A-310. Is its range so limited as to not be able to do PNQ-DXB without halt? And a halt at BOM would reduce distance by less than 100rnmiles. I personally do not put much faith in accuracy of aviationrnreporting by any newspapers. So is this report really true or accurate.

Additionally, I checked AI's website for schedules and even in weekly schedules, I did not find a non-stop either to or from PNQ even for later in the year (post-June). So how credible is AI website really for schedules?

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:31 am

Air Arabia takes off to Ahmedabad. http://www1.economictimes.indiatimes...Ahmedabad_/articleshow/1856698.cms

Quotes:
Air Arabia, the first low-cost carrier in the Middle-East and North Africa, has started its daily direct flight to Ahmedabad from Sharjah. The inaugural flight to Ahmedabad's Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport from Sharjah took off yesterday.

Ahmedabad is the seventh city on the destionation map of the airlines after Chennai, Jaipur, Kochi, Mumbai, Nagpur and Thiruvananthapuram in India.

sammyk

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting PNQIAD (Reply 16):
I thought AI operated the route using an A-310. Is its range so limited as to not be able to do PNQ-DXB without halt? And a halt at BOM would reduce distance by less than 100rnmiles. I personally do not put much faith in accuracy of aviationrnreporting by any newspapers. So is this report really true or accurate.

Maybe it has to do with the shorter runway at PNQ?

planeboy

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:09 am

PNQ (nearly 40 deg. C - not really extraordinary IMHO)

Thats strange. I thought Pune was known for its moderate temps, just like Bangalore. 40 deg in early April is insane. What is in stock for May / June for Puneris?

pnqiad

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:24 am

Quoting Sammyk (Reply 18):
Maybe it has to do with the shorter runway at PNQ?

That may be the case... but I would think 8300 ft. would be enough and PNQ-DXB is just about 1275 miles according to Great Circle....

Quoting Planeboy (Reply 19):
Thats strange. I thought Pune was known for its moderate temps, just like Bangalore. 40 deg in early April is insane. What is in stock for May / June for Puneris?

April is usually the hottest - May is not bad and June once the rains start is actually quite pleasant....

HAWK21M

Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:28 am

Quoting Sammyk (Reply 18):
Maybe it has to do with the shorter runway at PNQ

Thats what I was thinking.
Load penalty due High temperatures can be a problem around this time.
regds
MEL

sshank

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:50 am

Anyone know whats going on with 9W? I thought they were a well run company despite Mr. Goyal's UK fetish. Looks like they are having quite a bit of churn at the top levels.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/...04/05/stories/2007040506590100.htm
More senior Jet Air officials resign

Decision attributed to poor management practices
New Delhi April 4 Jet Airways lost two senior level officials on Wednesday including the Vice-President, Corporate Affairs, Ms Nandini Verma. Sources said one more Vice-President looking after international operations and three General Manager level officials had resigned in the recent past.

Almost eight months ago, the airline had lost two other Vice-Presidents. The resigning personnel mainly attribute their decision to poor management practices and centralised decision making process in the company.

initref

Thu Apr 05, 2007 5:38 am

Quoting Sshank (Reply 22):
Sources said one more Vice-President looking after international operations and three General Manager level officials had resigned in the recent past.

Has Werner Bochert left? If so, it may help Jet with their pilot recruiting efforts  Wink They do have a lot of VP Flight Ops... Some report directly to NG on the various projects (B777, US prep, 737NG overwater etc)

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:46 pm

Indus Air stops operations. Who do you think will be the next to stop operations?
http://www.business-standard.com/com...t=1&chklogin=N&autono=279764&tab=r

Quotes:
Indus Air, a regional airline, has suspended operations from last week, just three months after its commercial launch.
Sources from the government said financial problems had led to the suspension of operations. Operated as a full-service airline from mid-December 2006, Indus Air was promoted by liquor company Mohan Meakins.

At present, there are nine domestic scheduled passenger airlines -- Indian Airlines, Jet Airways, Air Sahara, Air Deccan, Kingfisher Airlines, SpiceJet, Paramount Airways, GoAir and IndiGo apart from Indus Air. According to the industry analysts, domestic airlines are expected to make a cumulative loss of Rs 1,800 crore to Rs 2,250 crore in 2006-07 in the overcrowded Indian aviation space.

HAWK21M

Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:53 pm

Quoting LAXDESI (Reply 24):
Indus Air stops operations

The reasons were very Different.

Who do you think will be the next to stop operations

I don't think for the same reason,but it could be Financial.There are a couple on the line.
regds
MEL

BigTom

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:01 am

AI has given over the DXB-PUN route to AIX who operate 738s, so that might be the reason for the range problems in summer.
Cheers

pnqiad

Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:08 am

Quoting BigTom (Reply 26):
AI has given over the DXB-PUN route to AIX who operate 738s, so that might be the reason for the range problems in summer.

Oh Ok - that explains why it does not appear on AI site timetable. I just checked AIX tt and it does appear there. Wouldn't it be helpful if all AI and AIX routes be on AI website / timetable? They are afterall under a single umbrella....

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:24 am

Merged IA-AI most likely to fly with Air India brand.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/N...ndia_brand/articleshow/1862713.cms

Quotes:
Love it or hate it, the brand name Air India is most likely to be retained for the new mega carrier government is going to create by merging AI and Indian Airlines. Ditto for the Maharaja which is going to remain the mascot.

Accenture, the consultant appointed to handle the merger process, has submitted its report to the civil aviation ministry and is learnt to have suggested that AI enjoys a very strong brand recall across the world and this name should stay. "We may have to retain AI as the brand name for the merged airline because of several reasons. The popular international codename AI can be retained only if the name stays. Although a final decision would be taken by mid-April, it's most likely that AI will remain,"said a source in the ministry.

Apart from the brand name, the other 'concrete' suggestion given by Accenture is that the design of livery and logo of the merged airline be such that looking at it reminds people of Indian Airlines. Indian Airlines had recently tinkered with its name when it dropped Airlines. The old livery — where the tail wing was painted orange and had IA written in white — was changed and a design inspired by famous wheel on Konark sun temple was adopted. But the airline had retained the orange colour on tail wing by painting wheel's spokes in blue. "The logo and livery of the merged airline would use orange colour so that it has familiarity for Indian Airlines travellers within the country,"said the source.

The fog has also lifted on who would head the new airline. The government is keen on having some continuity and that leaves AI CMD V Thulasidas and Indian chairman V Trivedi in the race for top job.

The first report submitted by Accenture on merger is learnt to have focussed on the main airline and not the low cost one that would be formed by merging AI Express and Alliance Air. The new name and look of the merged LCC is also going to be finalised shortly, said the source.

WestWing

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:48 am

Quoting the link posted by LAXDESI (Reply 28):
Accenture, the consultant appointed to handle the merger process, has submitted its report to the civil aviation ministry and is learnt to have suggested that AI enjoys a very strong brand recall across the world and this name should stay

A large percentage of A-Nutters would have voiced this opinion without having to be paid megabucks.
Where is Captain Obvious when you need him?
The best time to plant a tree is 40 years ago. The second best time is today.

BigTom

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:54 pm

Thank God, AI stays. Wonder what the new look will be a Maharaja with a wheel behind his head??? And orange to remind IC flyers that they are flying an airline that was IC, excuse me, but I though that most IC flyers would know that IC-AI is merged and would fly the new airline if it is good anyway. They don't need the orange colour to remind them of what was anyway not a very good flying experience.

Cheers

cricket

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:16 pm

Jim McNerney was in India today meet

Who do you think will be the next to stop operations?

Given that the Wadia's are not getting any funding for their airline from anywhere - the way Nusli wadia screwed over Danone over Britannia is preventing them from finding JV partners. And the fact that they were forced to return three planes and another one is going back in a few days getting their fleet down from seven to three (two and a half if you were to believe some in the industry)...

I'ld put my dosh on Go Air going down.
been there, flown that

Aviator27

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:30 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 31):
And the fact that they (Go Air) were forced to return three planes and another one is going back in a few days getting their fleet down from seven to three (two and a half if you were to believe some in the industry)

The Go Air airplanes you are referring to were only leased for six months from a Spanish tour operator called Iberworld. They were only going to be in India for six months. It is quiet common for European tour companies to lease airplanes out during their slow winter season. I believe Spicejet has a similar arrangement for B737's with a Turkish tour operator.

abrelosojos

Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:38 am

Hello Indian A.Netters and others with knowledge of Indian aviation. I have 2 questions and was hoping someone can answer.

1/ Anyone flown Jagson Airlines? Is it as bad as some of the reviews on Indian portals make it out to be? What are the impressions? Are flights to Kullu and Dharamshala really cancelled often?

2/ As you can tell from my many posts on India, I have been quite smitten by the country and plan to return for another month in September ... I promise super great TRs like last time. Now my friend (and fellow A.Netter kiramakora from GOI) will be away in Africa and I am going to be doing this trip with other "goras". So here is my question ... can someone tell me how exactly do airlines discern the dual pricing policy? I know that the LCCs dont follow this ... but I want to take a Delhi-Leh flight and the Indian pricing is half that of the foreigners price. If I buy this ticket online using an online Indian site, would I be not allowed to board the aircraft? What kind of documentation is needed to prove that I "reside" in India? My consulting firm has me travel to India every 2-3 months and I can have them write a letter saying that I am doing consultancy in India. Would this be enough? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks,
A.
Live, and let live.

DIJKKIJK

Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:24 am

Quoting Aviator27 (Reply 32):
I believe Spicejet has a similar arrangement for B737's with a Turkish tour operator.

They have that agreement with Transavia of the Netherlands, not with any Turkish tour operator. They also have a maintenance agreement with KLM.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.

HAWK21M

Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:26 am

Quoting Cricket (Reply 31):
I'ld put my dosh on Go Air going down

I'd say they'll sell out soon.Thats my personal opinion.
regds
MEL

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:02 pm

Jet Airways and Air Sahara might fly to Gulf starting next year.
http://business.techwhack.com/2243/jet-sahara/

Quotes:
Jet Airways and Air Sahara are the two domestic airline companies which might get the government approval to start operating flights to Gulf countries by next year.

The Indian government had earlier imposed a three-year ban on private airlines flying to the lucrative Gulf sector. The aim was to give the state owned companies Air-India and Indian Airlines recover the losses from their public support services.

The three year ban would end in December this year and after that Jet and Sahara could launch their flights to the lucrative Gulf regions.

Nimish

Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:35 pm

Quoting Abrelosojos (Reply 33):
What kind of documentation is needed to prove that I "reside" in India? My consulting firm has me travel to India every 2-3 months and I can have them write a letter saying that I am doing consultancy in India.

AFAIK, the requirement is a India work/resident visa, but not a business visa or tourist visa. You have to prove that you're a "resident" of India to get the benefit.
Incredible India!

karan69

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:11 pm

Link to the two emergencies at DEL
AI A310 Nose Gear Collapse Stuck On DEL Main RWY. (by Deaphen Apr 9 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Karan

cricket

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:05 pm

Quoting DIJKKIJK (Reply 34):
They have that agreement with Transavia of the Netherlands, not with any Turkish tour operator.

Quoting Karan69 (Reply 38):
Link to the two emergencies at DEL

AI A310 Nose Gear Collapse Stuck On DEL Main RWY. (by Deaphen Apr 9 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Karan

DEL was fun today!

Somehow this doesn't do it for me...

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © French Frogs AirSlides

been there, flown that

Nimish

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:21 pm

Quoting Cricket (Reply 39):
Somehow this doesn't do it for me...

I'm actually starting to like it because the yellow/ocher/orange bands at the front look kind of neat. I wish those were the colors all through. And the engine had something on it other than primer.
Incredible India!

jaysit

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:38 pm

Jet has always adopted a very conservative look.

Its goal was always to become a Lufthansa/SQ hybrid, and its branding, style of service, etc. is testament to that philosophy.

Thus, this new livery is just about as radical as its going to get. When SQ revamped its livery, the changes were relatively small, and the cheat line was basically kept intact but with a few changes. Jet has basically done the same.

Gr8Circle

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:48 pm

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 41):
and the cheat line was basically kept intact but with a few changes

I've always wondered....why is it called a "cheat line" ?  smile 

cricket

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:12 am

One thing I did like on the livery though was the new font they are using to spell the name and the slight alteration on the tail logo. I assume this branding will be on the intercontinental planes first or will the new 737's also come with them?

Plus I am trying to imagine the livery on a ATR...
been there, flown that

planeboy

Tue Apr 10, 2007 2:15 am

Quoting Gr8Circle (Reply 42):
I've always wondered....why is it called a "cheat line" ?

May be those airlines desparately want you to believe that they have changed a lot for good, whereas in reaility its just another small scratch on the surface... a "cheat" line.  Wink

karan69

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:29 pm

Link To Jet Airways Sahara Fiasco
Jet Airways - Sahara Acquisition Back On Track (by Karan69 Apr 10 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Karan

LAXDESI
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:59 am

Etihad aims doubling flights to Delhi, Mumbai.
http://www.samachar.com/showurl.php?...7+15%3A16%3A30+GMT&keyword=ww_home

Quotes:
United Arab Emirate's national airline Etihad Airways has said India is the centre stage of its growth plan and aims to double its flights to Mumbai and New Delhi. He said these two routes are Etihad's most successful flights with seat factors of 80 per cent, compared to the carrier's overall average of 67 per cent, an official said.

Additionally, Etihad has singled out Bangalore, Chennai and Hyderabdad as potential destinations, The Gulf News reported. The extra New Delhi flights will begin in June, as will the launch of Etihad's four-times weekly Kochi service. The thrice-weekly flights to Thiruvananthapuram will begin in late May.

Concorde001

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:06 am

Turkmenistan Airline plane catches fire at Amritsar airport

Amritsar, April 10. (PTI): A total of 190 passengers on board a Turkmenistan airline had a lucky escape after one of the plane's rear tyres caught fire immediately after landing at the international Rajasansi Airport here.

A major tragedy was averted when the quick-thinking pilot of the Airbus switched off the plane's engine after landing at the airport yesterday, sources said today.

Thank god there were no injuries.
I thought T5 only flew Boeing 752s into ATQ - and If I'm not mistkan they don't have any Airbus aircraft...do they?

blrsea

Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:42 pm

DGCA allows pilots to sign off planes

Low-cost carriers now try out new revenue options

Quote:
NEW DELHI: Aggressive pricing, falling yields and rising aviation turbine fuel prices are compelling low-cost carriers (LCCs) to look at alternative sources of revenue. While Air Deccan’s and GoAir’s 6% revenue, at present, comes from non-ticket sources, SpiceJet’s 17% comes from ancillary areas.

According to industry estimates, all the airlines put together will register a cash loss of Rs 2,000-2,500 crore in 2007-08. Furthermore, according to an Ernst & Young report, the success of Indian LCCs depends on their ability to follow the LCC model, alternative sources of revenue such as hotel bookings, advertising revenue being some of its major features.

Air Deccan scoops up around Rs 6-7 crore every month from its six alternative sources of revenue. These are cancellation (penalty charged if a ticket is cancelled), excess baggage fee of Rs 70 per kg charged for any baggage in excess of 15 kg, in-flight catering, on-board sales, branding (advertising) and selling hotel rooms.
Ad revenue also has a bright future, say industry heads. “As aircraft is an innovative medium for ads, there is growing demand from corporates,” says Sridharan. ICICI has its ads on headrest of Air Deccan’s aircraft while the body of the aircraft has ads of Sun Microsystems

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos