DL777LAX
Topic Author

Any News About HA Or AQ?

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:12 am

It seems like nothing new has been reported about either HA or AQ. Is Go hindering any sort of positive growth, such as HA starting the long-rumored flights to BNE? Have they finally gotten there new 767-300s into service yet? What routes are they flying? Are either airlines interested in buying new aircraft?
Blindly following anything is bad, unless of course your blind and your following a guide dog.

lahaina

RE: Any News About HA Or AQ?

Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:11 am

Three of the 4 ex-DL 767-300s are in service now.

HA767

Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:22 pm

Quoting DL777LAX (Thread starter):
It seems like nothing new has been reported about either HA or AQ. Is Go hindering any sort of positive growth, such as HA starting the long-rumored flights to BNE? Have they finally gotten there new 767-300s into service yet? What routes are they flying? Are either airlines interested in buying new aircraft?

Dont know where the BNE thing came from? But HA is adding additional LAX,SEA and PPG flights for the Summer rush. Also could be adding LAS flights also.

AKL is also a possibility in the near future.

[Edited 2007-04-10 09:23:59]

HnlBoi

Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:58 am

Quoting HA767 (Reply 2):

I thought HA added 1 additional flight to PPG in the summer which operates on Wed? As for Vegas HA has 2 flights daily to LAS does that mean they are thinking of adding a 3rd flight?

aloha73g

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:59 am

Quoting HnlBoi (Reply 3):
I thought HA added 1 additional flight to PPG in the summer which operates on Wed? As for Vegas HA has 2 flights daily to LAS does that mean they are thinking of adding a 3rd flight?

Not at the moment...perhaps an extra one on 7/7/07 since everyone and their mother here seems to be going to LAS around that day.

At the end of May:
SEA flight 27/28 go daily (year round)
LAX flight 3/4 go daily (summer only)
PPG extra daylight flight on Wednesdays

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

HA767

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:26 am

Quoting HnlBoi (Reply 3):

Been alot of talk around HAL about a 3rd daily flight to LAS since the demand is there. I wouldn't put it past mgmt. to fly the so called SPARE 767 this Summer?

As for AKL, I hear that ANZ is the front runner to take over HAL's heavy checks and it is tied to some sort of code share with ANZ on the HNL-AKL route. Stay tuned.

[Edited 2007-04-10 20:28:45]

DL777LAX
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:43 am

Ah, so the rumors then turned from Brisbane to Auckland then. Okay. Any idea when that is supposed to start? Would HA expand into Japan? I believe they flew there at least once, if I'm not mistaken. Also, what are the odds of HA restarting service to some of the Southern Pacific Islands it used to serve in the past, but discontinued, and why were they discontinued?
Blindly following anything is bad, unless of course your blind and your following a guide dog.

LAXintl

Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:47 am

Hawaiian is not looking too hot financially..

Hawaiian Air cites price war in lower forecasted yield

Mar 27, 2007

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) - Hawaiian Holdings Inc. forecast an 11%-12% decline in passenger yield, or the airline industry's pricing number, for the quarter ended March 31, according to a federal filing late Monday. The parent company of Hawaiian Air cited intensified price competition on flights between the U.S. mainland and Hawaii and the impact of increased industry capacity on Hawaiian's Interisland Hawaii routes since June 2006. Hawaiian Holdings also forecast a 13% increase in quarterly capacity and a slight fall in load factor, or the percentage of seats filled with paying passengers, to 87% from 87.6% in the year-earlier period. Hawaiian expects capacity for 2007 to rise by about 12%.

http://www.marketwatch.com/News/Stor...00B562CFB%7d&siteid=yhoo&dist=yhoo

A 11-12% decline in yields in pretty terrible, especially considering the rest of the industry is headed upwards.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ZK-NBT

Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:05 am

It would be great to see HA in AKL. Interesting that NZ are surposedly keeping an extra 763, I'm wondering what they would do with it if they dropped HNL?

HA767

RE: Hawaii: $19 Fares Back With Launch Of Go!Express

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:21 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 7):
A 11-12% decline in yields in pretty terrible, especially considering the rest of the industry is headed upwards

The decline in yields is due to deeply discounted tix interisland and on the mainland runs during the slow 1st/2nd Qt.. Yield should inprove significantly once Summer rolls around. Capacity to Hawaii is being reduced by other carriers i.e. Delta that should have an effect on HA's yield.

Quoting DL777LAX (Reply 6):
Ah, so the rumors then turned from Brisbane to Auckland then. Okay. Any idea when that is supposed to start? Would HA expand into Japan? I believe they flew there at least once, if I'm not mistaken. Also, what are the odds of HA restarting service to some of the Southern Pacific Islands it used to serve in the past, but discontinued, and why were they discontinued

HNL-AKL and HNL-APW still remain a possibilty. APW was discontinued back in early 90's for lack of traffic and ANZ flying APW-HNL. As for Japan, HAL sold the route to NWA (HNL-KIX) in the early 90's.
There have been attempts to re-enter market through Travel groups, but nothing yet.

Shanghai China app on file, but up against stiff competition with most of the lagacy airlines waiting.

DL777LAX
Topic Author

Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:38 am

Quoting HA767 (Reply 9):

Shanghai China app on file, but up against stiff competition with most of the lagacy airlines waiting.

That would be pretty interesting if they got it, but, is there really a market for that?

HA767

Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:51 pm

Quoting DL777LAX (Reply 10):

I dont know if there is a market? Mgmt. seems to think so? I suppose they would try to develop a tourist market from Shanghai, since the average worker in that part of China would be able to afford a Hawaii getaway????

We will just have to wait and see who gets the additional slots to China that are so hard to get.

QF175

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:47 pm

Quoting DL777LAX (Thread starter):

Interesting post DL77LAX! Where did you hear information about long-rumoured HA flights to BNE?

I'd personally like to see a Brisbane-Hawaii link, and would be happy to either see HA or AC  Smile

Perhaps a future route for Jetstar?

Rgds

OzarkD9S

Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:57 pm

Quoting HA767 (Reply 9):

As for Japan, HAL sold the route to NWA (HNL-KIX) in the early 90's.

IIRC it was HNL-FUK. Around the same time HP recieved HNL-NGO authority and neither route lasted very long.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

GlobalATL

Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:40 am

Rumor mill is alive and well that DL might be looking into Aloha, Alaska or jetBlue. I remembered Grinstein saying one thing on the webcast....DL may be in a position for the future to become an aquirer; rather than being acquired.

Anybody else hear the same??
TriStar BusinessElite FedEx AirTran Delta Air Lines oneworld SkyTeam JetBlue/jetBlue MAXjet SkyMiles Eos = good spelling

HA767

RE: Hawaii: $19 Fares Back With Launch Of Go!Express

Tue Apr 17, 2007 5:24 pm

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 13):
IIRC it was HNL-FUK. Around the same time HP recieved HNL-NGO authority and neither route lasted very long.

I stand corrected! Thanks! your right, it was the HNL-FUK route they sold along with some flight crews also.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos