Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MaverickM11
Topic Author

DL Starts LAX-TIJ And DEN-JFK

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:40 am

DL starts twice daily LAXTIJ starting Jun07. I'm not even kidding Silly. I don't even know what to say.

DL restarts daily JFKDEN Jul07, which will hopefully be less abysmal than the last time they tried it when load factors above 40% were a rarity.

Good luck!
I don't take responsibility at all

clickhappy

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:41 am

What type of equipment on the TIJ flight?

N1120A

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:43 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Thread starter):
DL starts twice daily LAXTIJ starting Jun07. I'm not even kidding . I don't even know what to say.

Why not hyphonate?

The route doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense unless they are planning on marketing it as a connecting regional route given TIJ's proximity to SAN and even to LAX. The O&D should get gobbled up by trolley + train as well as the bus lines and cars.
Mangeons les French fries, mais surtout pratiquons avec fierte le French kiss

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:44 am

Quoting Clickhappy (Reply 1):
What type of equipment on the TIJ flight?

ERJ...betcha can't guess where that came from. DEN will be a combination of 738s and 752s.

EWRCabincrew

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:45 am

When for the TIJ service, I can't book it on DL's site? Probably not mainline, either.

I'm not even kidding . I don't even know what to say.

Saves a 3+ hour drive for better connections. Not a lot of choice for connections out of TIJ, unless you head south first.
You can't cure stupid

N1120A

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:47 am

Quoting EWRCabincrew (Reply 4):
Saves a 3+ hour drive for better connections. Not a lot of choice for connections out of TIJ, unless you head south first.

Except that you can just hop over to SAN, which gets plenty of US domestic service and 1 connects to almost anywhere.

dia77

DL restarts daily JFKDEN Jul07, which will hopefully be less abysmal than the last time they tried it when load factors above 40% were a rarity.

This is at least DL's third attempt at JFK-DEN. If they couldn't get the route to work pre Jet Blue, I wonder how they'll get it to work now (although DL has developed JFK quite extensively over the last 5-6 years).

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Quoting N1120A (Reply 2):
Why not hyphonate?

Is that a word?

Quoting N1120A (Reply 2):
The O&D should get gobbled up by trolley + train as well as the bus lines and cars.

I would imagine that most people would just fly to LAX or TIJ and drive, rather than pay the $60+ in fees/taxes for simply flying over the border, nevermind the airfare.

FATFlyer

RE: DL Starts Laxtij And Denjfk

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:51 am

My thought on LAX-TIJ is that it is somehow connected with AeroMexico through SkyTeam or the DL/AM codeshare.

Any AM routes out of TIJ that passengers could connect to that are not non-stop out of LAX?
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

N1120A

RE: DL Starts LAX-TIJ And DEN-JFK

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:01 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 7):
Is that a word?

Hyphenate

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 7):
I would imagine that most people would just fly to LAX or TIJ and drive

Given that there are cheap public transport options from both LAX and SAN, I completely agree. Given flight and check in time, it really comes out a wash.

Coronado990

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:04 am

Wow, finally someone saw the light. I am sure these flights are to connect to international services and are usually free to almost nothing when used in conjunction with overwater flights. SAN has nothing as far as international service goes so hopping the border to get to SAN gets you nowhere in this regard. Plus SAN is getting too busy to handle all of TIJ growing passenger count.
SFO=NoCal LAX=SoCal SAN=LoCal

panamair

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:06 am

JFK-DEN starts July 1:

DL 1403 JFK 0840 DEN 1105 738
DL 1404 DEN 1155 JFK 1740 738

Quoting DIA77 (Reply 6):
I wonder how they'll get it to work now (although DL has developed JFK quite extensively over the last 5-6 years).

You answered your own question  Smile. Same for JFK-SAN and JFK-PHX, with the former growing from a 738 to a 752 and the latter growing to two dailies during the summer season....

PanAm747

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:23 am

TIJ-LAX will have to depend completely on O&D passengers from Los Angeles and Tijuana. Nobody from San Diego in or out of their right mind is going to cross the border to fly to LAX and then go through customs twice. And coming back? Mexican customs might not be bad at TIJ, but border waits at San Ysidro and Otay Mesa can be longer than the actual drive from LAX to San Diego itself.

I can't imagine what market DL thinks it is going to capture. Maybe they should consult us here at a.net about the feasibility:

https://www.airliners.net/discussions...general_aviation/read.main/3043197

After all, we know everything!!  old 
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

SANFan

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:51 am

DL starts twice daily LAXTIJ starting Jun07.

I will be watching this experiment very closely. This could really change the So Cal/No Mex dynamics in a huge way if it works. Or else it may fall flat as just another short jab by DL at trying to regain their (WA's) previous strong position and hub-hopes at LAX. Very interesting development...

Quoting DIA77 (Reply 6):
This is at least DL's third attempt at JFK-DEN. If they couldn't get the route to work pre Jet Blue, I wonder how they'll get it to work now

Just to give you some encouragement DIA', "third times the charm" seems to have worked on the SAN-JFK run. As far as I know, the latest go on this route (now that they've got it scheduled where it needs to be) will stay and appears to be very healthy. This time they also compete with B6 (as well as AA) here. (PHX-JFK is also, I think, on their third attempt and they've already announced double daily on that route, again with B6 and other competition!)

It appears that DL has developed JFK to a viable gateway/hub at long last and I'm sure there will be further domestic expansion to match increased int'l service.

bb

tsnamm

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:08 am

Quoting Coronado990 (Reply 10):
Wow, finally someone saw the light. I am sure these flights are to connect to international services

and maybe even to AM's MEX-TIJ-NRT service...rather than just TIJ-LAX connections....

aaway

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:12 am

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 12):
TIJ-LAX will have to depend completely on O&D passengers from Los Angeles and Tijuana.

Frankly, I'm not sure this is the case. The problem with this route as strictly O & D is that that particular segment of this market is so price sensitive. The typical r/t bus fare is somewhere between $40 and $50, easily outstripping the $60 alone in fees/taxes for flying previously mentioned by another poster.

This service is going to be geared toward funneling connections via LAX.

Or else it may fall flat as just another short jab by DL at trying to regain their (WA's) previous strong position and hub-hopes at LAX.
Or, just another stab at DL's LAX gate retention strategy.

[Edited 2007-04-12 20:26:04]
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

LAXintl

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:16 am

Quoting Panamair (Reply 11):
JFK-DEN starts July 1:

DL 1403 JFK 0840 DEN 1105 738
DL 1404 DEN 1155 JFK 1740 738

Interesting the flight is aimed at local travellers, not for Europe connectivity which I would have believed would be Delta's strenght on the route. For pure local traffic, UA, B6 and F9 offer ample and more frequent options between the cities.

Quoting SANFan (Reply 13):
I will be watching this experiment very closely.

checkmark  Yes me to. Either will be another hap hazard experiment, or could really be onto something.

I do have my strong doubts however as previous attempts to fly the route by others have come to nothing these many years.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

N1120A

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:23 am

Quoting Tsnamm (Reply 14):
and maybe even to AM's MEX-TIJ-NRT service...rather than just TIJ-LAX connections....

That would be incredibly bad reasoning for so many different reasons, but lets just mention 1. There are 7 nonstops a day between LAX and NRT and Delta codeshares on 2 of them.

SANFan

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:30 am

Heck, I didn't even look at the times on the DEN-JFK flights. Again, I can point to the recent SAN-JFK re-start and it was exactly the same thing; DL started it out as a red-eye SAN-JFK (with all-day layovers for int'l connections!) but relatively quickly, they rescheduled it to perfect timing in both directions. I think the same thing happened in many other domestic additions (e.g., PHX, PDX) and I'm not sure if it has to do with a/c availability or gate usage but the DEN flights will probably be re-timed soon.

Re: LAX-TIJ, if this does work, we may eventually see UA fly TIJ-DEN and SFO, F9 also to DEN (or who knows what those folks might come up with!?), US to PHX or LAS, CO to IAH (you get the idea)... I kind of have my doubts but who knows any more?

bb

RobertS975

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:31 am

Quoting N1120A (Reply 5):
Except that you can just hop over to SAN, which gets plenty of US domestic service and 1 connects to almost anywhere.

From the Mexican side, it is anything BUT a "hop" to cross the border. The pedestrian line can be over an hour long, and the vehicle line can be much longer!

Several months back, I asked the following question: Given all the trans-border service to Mexican destinations, why was there no service from TIJ to ANY stations at all in the USA? I think DL Connection service from TIJ makes all the sense in the world.

These regional jets will need to clear US Customs and Immigration at LAX.

panamair

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 16):
Interesting the flight is aimed at local travellers, not for Europe connectivity which I would have believed would be Delta's strenght on the route.

The DEN-JFK actually connects to the 2nd bank of transatlantic departures out of JFK - it can make flights to NCE, VCE, LGW, MXP, FCO, FRA, TXL, PSA, OTP, MAD, BRU, CDG (AF), SNN, DUB, MAN, and BOM.

Coronado990

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:40 am

Quoting SANFan (Reply 18):
Re: LAX-TIJ, if this does work, we may eventually see UA fly TIJ-DEN

I can see DL doing SLC-TIJ for better connections throught the U.S. once they have gotten their foot in the door at TIJ.
SFO=NoCal LAX=SoCal SAN=LoCal

LAXintl

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:42 am

Quoting Panamair (Reply 20):
The DEN-JFK actually connects to the 2nd bank of transatlantic departures out of JFK

And how about the return??? DL asking for people to spend the night on a JFK bench?
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

KLM685

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:56 am

DL starts twice daily LAXTIJ starting Jun07

Well I can just imagine that they are just anticipating any US service from TIJ before any of the mexican LCC's and other airlines start it.

Though I would always prefer to pay the 20 USD bus and make 3 hours rather than paying alot of money and making the same amount of time in airports and flight!

Let's see if they can really work out the connections, although for safety economical reasons I would have started with ATL instead of LAX...

cheers!
KLM- The Best Airline in the World!

UAL777UK

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:18 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 22):
And how about the return??? DL asking for people to spend the night on a JFK bench?

a good point!

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:25 am

Quoting KLM685 (Reply 23):
Well I can just imagine that they are just anticipating any US service from TIJ before any of the mexican LCC's and other airlines start it.

I think they're just hording space at LAX until they can fly somewhere better with a big jet.

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 22):

That's why I expected a DEN RON as opposed to this schedule....perhaps a 5-8p westbound and a 6-9a eastbound.

JRDC930

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:19 am

Quoting PanAm747 (Reply 12):
After all, we know everything!!

:D Good point, i would think people with business degrees know better than some arm chair ceo's on this site what to do. TIJ opens up a lot of connection flight to Mexico not served from LAX, plus you dont have to wait a billion hours at the border. Give the DL people some credit, there must be some demand for it or they would not have considered the route.
U.S. Legacy carriers,STILL leaders in lowering industry standards...

RobertS975

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:31 am

TIJ-LAX will need to clear Customs and Immigration at the international facility at LAX, correct?

MaverickM11
Topic Author

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:32 am

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 26):
i would think people with business degrees know better than some arm chair ceo's on this site what to do.

Well, knowing both and knowing the mistakes that both can and have made, I'd say the business degree is overrated. That and LAXTIJ just sounds like a terrible market. Then again, I could see DL trying to hold onto customs-capable gates at LAX for something better than glorified bus traffic.

aaway

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:09 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 8):
Any AM routes out of TIJ that passengers could connect to that are not non-stop out of LAX?

Short answer, yes, several, if looking strictly at AM's network. But, if considering the alternatives of AS, DLC and MX, only one (1) route ex-TIJ (to CJS) is not duplicated nonstop from LAX.
"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one." - Elbert Hubbard

Viscount724

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:17 am

AM has previously operated LAX-TIJ but that was quite a few years ago and not frequent, something like 1 or 2 flights a day with a DC-9. TIJ was an intermediate stop on flights to/from points beyond.

orbis

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:41 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 30):
AM has previously operated LAX-TIJ but that was quite a few years ago and not frequent, something like 1 or 2 flights a day with a DC-9. TIJ was an intermediate stop on flights to/from points beyond.

a sad reminder of that terrible aircrash over Cerrito.
we should live our lives as if we were really alive!!! H.M.

orbis

Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:49 am

IMHO this flight will have its own strange dose of success..
TIJ has always been isolated in terms of international connectivity. If you want to travel to Europe or central & S. America, You would have to fly through MEX (exoensive) or endure the 2hrs + at the border. (unless you hold a sentry card), then drive to SAN and then on to LAX or somewhere else to finally hop on your Long Haul flight.
we should live our lives as if we were really alive!!! H.M.

Bicoastal

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:03 am

There is a a lot of money in Tijuana and a demand for international flights. Try lining up at United's San Diego counter in the morning and see the many Tijuana residents/businessmen/women lining up for flights to Asia and Europe. Delta and American probably see the same thing. Tijuana has many rich people and a large middle class. The can and do fly around the world for business and pleasure.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

JRDC930

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:32 am

Quoting MaverickM11 (Reply 28):
I'd say the business degree is overrated.

Possibly true, but id say they've at least analyzed the possibilities for profit on this route. Also there are many Mexican airlines at TIJ that cover all of Mexico pretty much non stop so the connections even if not SkyTeam are pretty good i would say. The are still a good amount of cities not covered from LAX non stop even with all the AS MX etc... flights. In addition from my experience ive gotten lower fares booking from TIJ, so provided the fairs from LAX-TIJ are reasonable, i would much prefer to fly from LAX to TIJ than drive , or to pay a higher fare originating from LAX, again thats just me and i dont know if others feel this way. Still i think this rout could work if marketed properly.

My two cents.

deltairlines

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:41 am

Quoting RobertS975 (Reply 27):
TIJ-LAX will need to clear Customs and Immigration at the international facility at LAX, correct?

99% sure that T5 has a FIS.

cslusarc

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:52 am

Speaking of TIJ, why doesn't it (or any other Mexican airport) have a US CBP Pre-Flight Inspection station?
--cslusarc from YWG

RobertS975

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:52 am

Quoting Bicoastal (Reply 33):
There is a a lot of money in Tijuana and a demand for international flights. Try lining up at United's San Diego counter in the morning and see the many Tijuana residents/businessmen/women lining up for flights to Asia and Europe. Delta and American probably see the same thing. Tijuana has many rich people and a large middle class. The can and do fly around the world for business and pleasure.

Also, I believe that there are plenty of American ex-pats as well as relatively wealthy Mexicans that live along the coast, Rosarito and Ensenada. I think that this flight will prove to be reasonably useful, not to get to LA, but to get to the rest of the US

RobertS975

Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting Cslusarc (Reply 36):
Speaking of TIJ, why doesn't it (or any other Mexican airport) have a US CBP Pre-Flight Inspection station?

Well, TIJ never needed one because there just weren't any flights to US destinations. As for other destinations in Mexico, certainly CUN could make excellent use out of a US inspection station for pre-clearance. Maybe MEX as well. Other than the several Canadian cities which have this, I can think of Bermuda, STT, STX and Aruba. Anywhere else?

A safety issue for the US officers operating and living in Mexico?

DTWAGENT

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:56 am

Question here. I don't remember all of my airport codes. So what is TIJ? I take it, it is near LAX and SAN.

Thanks for the answer
Chuck

jbmitt

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:59 am

Tijuana. You can scroll over the 3 letter code and it will display it.

Bicoastal

Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:59 am

Just across the border from San Diego, California, USA.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

deltairlines

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:00 am

TIJ is Tijuana, Mexico, which is the border city right south of San Diego. TIJ is situated right on the border pretty much, with the border running right along the access road to the airport, and the approach to runway 9 coming in over the United States until the last quarter mile or so before the runway starts.

PanAm747

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:04 am

TIJ = Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico.

If you move your cursor over TIJ, you will see the code come up. Happens for a lot, but not all the airport codes.

If one doesn't come up, then I recommend http://gc.kls2.com - this is the site all of us here use to not only identify three digit codes, but also to map out direct routes between two airports. Great site!!
Pan Am:The World's Most Experienced Airline - P(oor) S(ailor's) A(irline): San Diego's Hometown Airline-Catch Our Smile!

Marcus

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:08 am

Quoting RobertS975 (Reply 38):
A safety issue for the US officers operating and living in Mexico?

Nope......pretty sure these guys would still live in SAN if this station was ever to exist, a lot of people live in SAN and work in TIJ, and a lot more people live in TIJ and work in SAN; that is the main reason the border crossing can be up to 400 cars per lane on the morning rush hour, or 800 persons waiting in line to walk across on the San Ysidro border crossing. The situation is not so critical on the Otay Mesa border crossing (this one is a 10 minute drive from TIJ's airport), there are usually a lot less people and less cars waiting to cross, I have never spent more that 30 minutes waiting to walk across in to the US at Otay.

Mexico has had and still has a very love/hate relationship with the US........currently, I do not see any politician willing to face the political fall out of authorizing US law enforcement working in full uniform in Mexico, maybe the next generation of Mexicans might see than but I'm not holding my breath on this issue.

As mentioned before AM used to operate the TIJ-LAX route on and off previously using MD80 equipment, but that was a few years ago........I guess the operating expenses of an ERJ vs an MD80 could make this short hop more attractive to operate.

I belive that in a surreal kind of way this flight will be profitable, AM is the biggest operator of flights at TIJ and they use the ERJ here a lot, so any unforeseen mechanical issues with the DL aircraft would be covered; also on this short hop you do not need to set up a base for DL crew at TIJ, they could easily fly LAX to TIJ and back so the change of crew could happen at LAX if this were ever to be a more than once a day flight.

The city might not look like it but there is a sizeable middle and upper middle class living here, so much in fact that TIJ is now the 5th most expensive city in Mexico, after (in no particular order) Los Cabos, Cancun, Monterrey and Mexico City; also a lot of retirees from the US call the Tijuana-Ensenada corridor home, who I'm pretty sure would love to have this fligh option.

I fly in and out of TIJ about once every 2 weeks, and every single time the place is packed with people, a lot of them mexican inmigrants, who live in southern california and are flying to southern Mexico to visit relatives.....and each time I'm at TIJ, I see more and more US citizens taking flights from TIJ to the rest of Mexico. It is very interesting to see that almost all traffic from TIJ is north-south to the rest of Mexico, there are not a lot of choices to other northern cities like Monterrey, Chihuahua, Ciudad Juarez etc.

On a personal note I will be going to Japan in a few weeks on AM's direct flight TIJ-NRT, the price was about 50 dollars more that if I took a fligh from SAN connecting in SFO; I still decided on the AM flight in order to avoid to have someone drive me to SAN and pick me up afterwards, but the choice of flying a 777 to Asia from my hometow airport was taken in to consideration also.  Smile

So as you see there is a lot people from both countries going back and forth every day from Northern Baja California to Southern California.............I see a market for this flight.
Kids!....we are going to the happiest place on earth...TIJUANA! signed: Krusty the Clown

Trvlr

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:12 am

Not trying to be churlish, but is there a source on this?

Thanks

gte439u

Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:24 am

Quoting Marcus (Reply 44):
Mexico has had and still has a very love/hate relationship with the US........currently, I do not see any politician willing to face the political fall out of authorizing US law enforcement working in full uniform in Mexico, maybe the next generation of Mexicans might see than but I'm not holding my breath on this issue.

Bingo!

I do not think that many in the United States realize the extent to which Mexico, and, generally, Latin America, is suspicious of the United States. Mexico may even be more suspicious than other nations in Latin America due to its proximity to the United States and long history of difficult relations (see the Mexican - American War). These reasons are probably much stronger than many would guess in why US CBP will probably not be setting up soon in Mexico.

aaway

Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:28 pm

Quoting JRDC930 (Reply 34):
The are still a good amount of cities not covered from LAX non stop even with all the AS MX etc

This used to be quite true, but with the expansion of Mexico services ex-LAX, you'll find just a handful of exceptions now. From what I've seen, the following cities are served n/s from TIJ and not from LAX: Cuidad Juarez, Ciudad Obregon, Tepic (former JR n/s ex-LAX), Toluca (essentially a MEX alternative), Uruapan.

The city might not look like it but there is a sizeable middle and upper middle class living here, so much in fact that TIJ is now the 5th most expensive city in Mexico, after (in no particular order) Los Cabos, Cancun, Monterrey and Mexico City; also a lot of retirees from the US call the Tijuana-Ensenada corridor home, who I'm pretty sure would love to have this fligh option.

Interesting. Is this due primarily to the real estate market? There is just an incredible amount of real estate being developed along that coastal corridor in a TIJ-Rosarito-Ensenada line thats being marketed to Americans. I wonder if its indeed American ex-pats driving the bulk of that BC traffic being seen at SAN?

I fly in and out of TIJ about once every 2 weeks, and every single time the place is packed with people, a lot of them mexican inmigrants, who live in southern california and are flying to southern Mexico to visit relatives.....and each time I'm at TIJ, I see more and more US citizens taking flights from TIJ to the rest of Mexico

Easy explanantion: fares. One example - during the Christmas '06 travel season, I assisted a freind in researching travel options from LAX to GDL, with TIJ as an alternative. The fare differential was about USD 150 from TIJ. Easy choice even inclusive of bus fare to TIJ.

A380fo

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:24 pm

on the Delta website, i just went to look to see the info. about the flights and when you put it in LAX-TIJ on June 30 for example, nothing pops up. Can someone help me?!?! thx

JRDC930

Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:32 pm

Quoting A380fo (Reply 48):
on the Delta website, i just went to look to see the info. about the flights and when you put it in LAX-TIJ on June 30 for example, nothing pops up. Can someone help me?!?! thx

Same problem here, if it is true, it probably has not uploaded yet, guess well have to wait a while to see it loaded into the system.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos