Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, hOMSaR

USADreamliner
Topic Author

Paula Abdul Diva Attitude And Southwest

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:57 pm

Paula Abdul flying from San Jose to Burbank on a Southwest flight and expecting a First Class treatment! Oh... poor thing.  Wink

" After Abdul was told by workers that only children, elderly and people with disabilities could pre-board, she reportedly said: "But I'm famous! I need to go on first!"

"A number of fellow passengers heard the exchange, and one shouted at her: 'You're no Sanjaya! You have to board like everyone else."

From usatoday/today in the sky:
http://blogs.usatoday.com/sky/

ebs757

RE: Paula Abdul Diva Attitude And Southwest

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:59 pm

lol thats hilarious. My mom has had BernieMac on one of her flights (AA) and she said he acted just like everyone else.
Viva la Vida

jetdeltamsy

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:02 pm

Paula is nothing. Some of those "celebrities", which include politicians and other public figures are outrageous.

If Paula needed deluxe service, she should have chartered a plane.
Tired of airline bankruptcies....EA/PA/TW and finally DL.

BigAppleCoder

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:20 pm

Southwest airline treats everyone the same which is part of the charm of the airline. No diva's tolerated whether celebrity or Frequent Flyer.

It's also about attitude. If she had approached an agent at the gate and asked nicely they might have let her board early. But, any chance of that disappeared the second she started whining about being famous.  hissyfit 

siromega

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:43 pm

Quoting USADreamliner (Thread starter):

"A number of fellow passengers heard the exchange, and one shouted at her: 'You're no Sanjaya! You have to board like everyone else."

That is by far one of the funniest things I have heard in a while.

Previous Abdul trouble with southwest back in March 06: http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_ho.../Mar-03-Fri-2006/news/6147377.html

eyes2thesky

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks, man. That was a good one.  highfive 

[Edited 2007-04-20 08:00:11]
AA,AL,B6,CO,C5,C8,DA,DL,FI,F9,HP,LH,MQ,NW,OO,TZ,UA,US,WN,XJ,YV,ZW,VX

Pu752

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:48 pm

'You're no Sanjaya! You have to board like everyone else."

LOL thats funny! Big grin

jetmech

Fri Apr 20, 2007 2:52 pm

I like Paula. She could be the first to board my aircraft any day  Smile !

http://www.bartcop.com/paula-abdul-35.jpg

Regards, JetMech
JetMech split the back of his pants. He can feel the wind in his hair :shock: .

Basefly

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:28 pm

Quoting JetMech (Reply 7):
I like Paula. She could be the first to board my aircraft any day

I can see why....  hot 

I just love it when these "superhumans" gets pulled back to earth........!
757/777-A340/A380, Love them.

Snoopy

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:34 pm

Quoting Basefly (Reply 8):
gets pulled back to earth

Well looking at that photo, I can imagine forces of gravity and all that....  Wink

doug_or

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:44 pm

Quoting Snoopy (Reply 9):
Well looking at that photo, I can imagine forces of gravity and all that....

I dunno... it looks like parts of her are resisting gravity.
When in doubt, one B pump off

AlexPorter

Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:59 pm

I am just playing Devil's Advocate right here - but to her credit, the only first-class seats on the entire San Jose to LA-area market are two AA flights SJC-SNA. Of course there are other options to SFO and OAK, but technically/legally San Jose and San Francisco are two separate metro areas.

But of course it doesn't give her an excuse to act like she's super-important or anything.

p.s. - after reading the article I think it's hilarious that she had to sit next to someone!

[Edited 2007-04-20 09:01:09]
Last Flight: SCX701 MSP-PHX B738 8Jan2008

chuchoteur

Fri Apr 20, 2007 4:02 pm

stupid question, who is she?
can't be quite bothered to google her name
lol

jm017

Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:38 pm

" After Abdul was told by workers that only children, elderly and people with disabilities could pre-board, she reportedly said: "But I'm famous! I need to go on first!"

If she wanted special treatment, she should have flown another airline (one with first class seating, for example) or chartered one.

And i loved the passenger's response. Classic. Still, she did managed to push her way on board.

Quoting Chuchoteur (Reply 12):

Not so famous apparently...
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."

cgagn

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:39 pm

She's a has-been! And she wasn't much to begin with, a one hit wonder, so has-been might be pushing it. No big loss if you haven't heard of her.

C-GAGN
Widebodies flown on:A330-300,A340-300,A380-800,747-400,767-200ER,767-300ER,777-200A,777-200ER,777-200LR,777-300ER,787-9

bennett123

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:44 pm

So she is in American Idols.

Who is Sanjaya?.

IADCA

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:56 pm

Quoting Bennett123 (Reply 15):
Who is Sanjaya?.

He was one of the contestants, who couldn't sing especially well but people loved him because of his insane hair and clothing styles, and how angry he made Simon Cowell, the angry judge.

RL757PVD

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:58 pm

While it is funny, it also goes to show that WN doesnt just get all those stereotypical "trashy" passengers. Everything from celebrities to CEO's fly WN, and as seen here, they dont get any special treatment, meals or seat assignments yet they still fly them, beacuse they dont give any expectations other than getting you were you need to go safely and for the most part, on time, and with a good schedule.

Im not a WN fan or a WN hater, but just the WN haters go too far on here sometimes.....
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

miaskies

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:38 pm

No offense to Southwest (it's a great Succesful Airline) but if Paula wanted 1st Class Service then should fork out the bucks and pay for an airline that offers First Class or Celebrity Exceptions rather than choose a discount carrier.

Cheap Psycho ...

My 2cents.
Crosscheck Complete :)

BigOrange

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 2):

She probably didn't want to pay to charter a plane, and got a Ding fare for $25 o/w!

raffik

Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:55 pm

Omg, what the hell is someone that wealthy flying on a crappy airline like Southwest anway?
Not that the service is a lot different than the US mainline carriers, she could have chartered something for sure?
- Alec

OzarkD9S

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:01 pm

If I were the agent:

Well, you ARE getting in little long in the tooth, and elderly people ARE entitled to pre-boarding...right this way!

That might have shut her up.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

UnknownUser

Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:04 pm

I'm not so quick to agree, the article says, "Abdul is said to have asked gate staff to be allowed on the plane and seated first, according to "eyewitnesses" at the scene." If you go to the original article on MSN, it says it was only one person, not several. Also, " she reportedly said: "But I'm famous! I need to go on first!"" Even that is a little too snobbish for Paula.

Keep in mind, people, this is all gossip. I hate gossip as I am sure celebs do too. This is one person who MAY have seen Paula and THINKS he heard this exchange. I'm skeptical of the whole thing.
Die Skybus!!! You need to die for the good of the industry!

USADreamliner
Topic Author

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:05 am

Quoting UnknownUser (Reply 22):
Keep in mind, people, this is all gossip. I hate gossip as I am sure celebs do too. This is one person who MAY have seen Paula and THINKS he heard this exchange. I'm skeptical of the whole thing.

Oh, c'mon, lighten up !

WNCrew

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:33 am

Quoting Raffik (Reply 20):
Omg, what the hell is someone that wealthy flying on a crappy airline like Southwest anway?

Excuse you? We are NOT crappy. We may not offer many amenities but we have a great on-time record and we have excellent customer service. I'll have you know that I've had many celebrities on board....when they're on their OWN dime they do fly WN.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

Arcrftlvr

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:34 am

Crappy? I guess if you consider the most financially healthly, customer-service driven, convenient airline to fly, crappy, then if I were a CEO, I wouldn't mind my airline being considered crappy.

leothedog

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:43 am

For someone that makes as much money as she does, why doesn't she just charter a jet? If she fancies herself as a "Famous Celebrity", why doesn't she act like one and charter something?

She's an idiot. She's got a nice rack, but an idiot.
I've got things to see and people to do.

falstaff

Sat Apr 21, 2007 12:46 am

what the hell is someone that wealthy flying on a crappy airline like Southwest anway?

She might not be all that wealthy. Some people may be famous, but that doesn't mean automatic wealth. Of course what is wealth to one person may not be to another.

If she wanted assigned seating or early boarding she should choose a different airline.
My mug slaketh over on Falstaff N503

bingo

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:12 am

Quoting JetMech (Reply 7):
I like Paula. She could be the first to board my aircraft any day

Seeing that picture made me pause and think...." I didn know Southwest was already flying composites..."  Big grin

mika

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:30 am

Quoting OzarkD9S (Reply 21):
If I were the agent:

Well, you ARE getting in little long in the tooth, and elderly people ARE entitled to pre-boarding...right this way!

That might have shut her up.

Lol, spot on mate, spot on.

Rbgso

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:46 am

If she wants special treatment, why is she flying the Greyhound of the skies? That's not meant as an insult to Southwest, so don't flame me. I actually like to fly them, but they are the airline for the masses.

Regarding her pic....well I find myself suddenly thinking of auxziliary fuel tanks.........

[Edited 2007-04-20 18:48:12]

Stil

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:57 am

I'm skeptical of the whole thing

I've seen "famous" spanish actresses you will never heard of them asking for a first class seat and a first class treatment for free in an airline with first class seats and with a tourist class ticket. The words she used were the same: "But I'm famous!!! I HAVE to go on first class!!!"
The answer she got was: "You are lucky! As a fact, we sell first class tickets on our sales counter. This way, please...".
Sometimes you won't ever know a celebrity or a TV smiling face when you met him in a ckeck-in counter.

Stil
....... Gueropppa! ......

luv2fly

Sat Apr 21, 2007 1:59 am

"But I'm famous! I need to go on first!"

I think if you have to tell people you are famous then maybe you really are NOT!
You can cut the irony with a knife

FLY2LIM

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:06 am

I'm not so quick to agree, the article says, "Abdul is said to have asked gate staff to be allowed on the plane and seated first, according to "eyewitnesses" at the scene." If you go to the original article on MSN, it says it was only one person, not several. Also, " she reportedly said: "But I'm famous! I need to go on first!"" Even that is a little too snobbish for Paula.

UnknownUser, welcome to my Respected Users list. This was published in someone's blog, and the information came from a "gossip columnist" and from "eyewitnesses" that supposedly saw this unfold. This is not journalism. A.netters get so angry when journalists call a Boeing by the wrong name, model, even when they publish the wrong picture. However, when they feel it's time to ridicule someone, they are quick to jump the gun. Nothing about this so called "article" should be believed, for it's someone's opinion of someone else's opinion.
My rant has nothing to do with Paula Abdul. My comment is purely about how irresponsible some of you are about what you read.

Quoting Falstaff (Reply 27):

She might not be all that wealthy. Some people may be famous, but that doesn't mean automatic wealth. Of course what is wealth to one person may not be to another.

Quoting Jetdeltamsy (Reply 2):
Paula is nothing. Some of those "celebrities", which include politicians and other public figures are outrageous.

Quoting Cgagn (Reply 14):
She's a has-been! And she wasn't much to begin with, a one hit wonder, so has-been might be pushing it. No big loss if you haven't heard of her.

Paula Abdul was HUGE in the eighties, and had SEVERAL pop hits. She was already well established in American pop culture and enjoyed a successful career. That said, she was lucky to be picked up (after her career basically ended) by American Idol. American Idol is a HALF BILLION dollar producer for Fox Television, and the "judges" are paid millions for posing as judges, which they don't necessarily do as much as give useless commentary that add to the appeal of the show. American Idol is a constant ratings winner and is signed through the 2009 season with Fox. So, you can definitely say that she is currently either an "A list" or at least a "B list" celebrity. She probably has security issues and gets hassled by people constantly.
And no, I don't believe that she should get special treatment on WN or any other airline. As I stated, she makes a lot of money and probably could have Fox fly her around on her plane, or on Simon Cowell's. This is the reason why I believe that this story is a bunch of hogwash, mixed with irresponsible journalism.

And no, I am not upset and I don't need to lighten up (cause I know it's coming). I'm just informing people on this thread that the subject being discussed is not a "has been" like some of you want to believe. I just question how real all this information is.

FLY2LIM
Faucett. La primera linea aerea del Peru.

USADreamliner
Topic Author

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:20 am

Oh,please...this is not a thread to take seriously. Just to laugh about.

It's not enough with all the horrific and crazy things happening in the world? The VT shootings, Columbine anniversary, Iraq, Imus, Alberto Gonzales firings, etc...

Yes, again, lighten up.
Don't be a party pooper.

WhiteBirdFlyer

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:25 am

Southwest is not "crappy." They're egalitarian, treating everyone basically the same, which to the flying public in general has been a very successful and popular way to fly. Not everyone needs segregated classes of service to feel they're special or getting a good deal.

I've flown Southwest since 1983 and while onboard have seen: entire NCAA Division I swim teams including Olympic medalists, more six-figure salaried business folks than I can name, famous stars, formerly famous stars, dancers, doctors, news anchors, foreign heads of state, full-bird Colonels in the Army, Marines and Air Force, Navy Admirals. farmers, Oscar winners, Grammy nominees and winners, and countless ordinary folks like myself who appreciate what Southwest does and for what a reasonable price they do it.

I've never seen Ms. Abdul, however.

Perhaps the best example of why the frugal yet wealthy fly Southwest would be the story of two often mega-wealthy and always quirky Texans, Bunker and Nancy Hunt. They flew WN all the time and in addition he refused to fly First on any carrier when going to Europe, stating that everyone in the plane gets there at the same time so why pay thousands more to do it? He even went further, noting once that the coach section (rear wheels) touched down first so he was getting there a few seconds ahead of First!

A lot of folks, famous or otherwise, like Southwest. Some don't. But in many cases it doesn't have much to do with the size of their bank account or public status.

Cordially,
WFB
WhiteBirdFlyer, currently near SFO

LTU932

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:36 am

If she wants to fly first class, she should fly AA, CO or other legacies, but not WN. Or better, she should just charter a limo.  Wink I mean, does she not understand what a LoCo or LCC is? Low Cost doesn't exactly mean cheap first class.

I wish I could encounter something like that as a witness myself, because then I'd have a few things to say to the celebrity with regards of "At this airline, nobody gives a damn whether you're famous or not, and neither do I". Big grin
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

FLY2LIM

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:41 am

Quoting FLY2LIM (Reply 33):
And no, I am not upset and I don't need to lighten up (cause I know it's coming). I'm just informing people on this thread that the subject being discussed is not a "has been" like some of you want to believe. I just question how real all this information is.

Quoting USADreamliner (Reply 34):
Oh,please...this is not a thread to take seriously. Just to laugh about.

It's not enough with all the horrific and crazy things happening in the world? The VT shootings, Columbine anniversary, Iraq, Imus, Alberto Gonzales firings, etc...

Yes, again, lighten up.
Don't be a party pooper.

I take it you were talking to me, cause I knew it was coming, ha ha ha. As I said, I'm not upset. I just can't understand why we get 3 dozen replies to a thread that's based on misinformation. Essentially, it's not even about Paula Abdul either. It's about flaming and ridiculing WN, one of the most successful airlines EVER.

I am not a party pooper, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not, I'm not!!!!!
 crazy 

FLY2LIM

Ealsys1

Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:44 am

Seems to me she just wanted to board first. I've got to imagine that she know there was no 1st class cabin on WN . But come on! Why would she fly WN? She's got to have FF accounts where she could preboard wether she's flying in the F or Y cabin!!

SQ772

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:07 am

Disabilities - she has a speech impediment... no one understands what she is trying to say on American Idol....
Elderly - Almost approaching senior citizen status in my country....
Children - The way she behaves on the show, you'd think she's one of them.

So, I don't see why she wasn't allowed to board first!!
There's always a better way to fly...

Lostmoon744

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:11 am

I sat right across no other than Richard Simmons on YX into LAX from MCI last week. He was very nice, chipper [is he ever not?] and was very warm to everyone. Even waved a toodle-doo to me! I had to explain to my granny who he was exactly:

She did one of these...  Yeah sure

LTU932

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:15 am

Quoting SQ772 (Reply 39):
Disabilities - she has a speech impediment... no one understands what she is trying to say on American Idol....
Elderly - Almost approaching senior citizen status in my country....
Children - The way she behaves on the show, you'd think she's one of them.

So, I don't see why she wasn't allowed to board first!!

rotfl   rotfl   rotfl   rotfl 
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

LHStarAlliance

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:16 am

"But I'm famous! I need to go on first!"

Ridiculous , Never heard that name ...
Boycott The Olympic Games In Beijing !

deltadc9

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:33 am

Quoting BigAppleCoder (Reply 3):
Southwest airline treats everyone the same which is part of the charm of the airline.

Tell that to the C tickets.

Quoting Cgagn (Reply 14):
She's a has-been! And she wasn't much to begin with, a one hit wonder, so has-been might be pushing it.

40 million albums is not the definition of a one hit wonder.

Also, from her bio:

After leaving the LA Lakers Abdul went on to serve as the choreographer for the 1980s videos of singer Janet Jackson. She also choreographed music videos for Duran Duran, Prince, The Jacksons, Jermaine Jackson, Kool & the Gang, the Pointer Sisters, Steve Winwood, Luther Vandross, INXS, Debbie Gibson, ZZ Top, George Michael and Dolly Parton. She choreographed and appeared in Toto's 1986 music video for "Till The End", Michael Jackson's music video "Liberian Girl", and Janet Jackson's music videos "What Have You Done For Me Lately" and "Nasty". Abdul also choreographed the stage shows for Suzanne Somers and Toni Basil.

Then the 40 million albums....

What a NOBODY!  sarcastic 

That said, she was lucky to be picked up (after her career basically ended) by American Idol

Wrong, she is still popular enough to go platinum in 2000 and Abdul co-wrote Kylie Minogue's 2000 hit single Spinning Around which kick started her carreer, which was originally slated to appear on her new album in 2000. Looks like a new album for her this year or next.

People slow down you know, you will too.

Anyway, a close friend of mine met her recently when he installed a bulbless tanning booth in her home. He said she was very nice and down to earth. Also still smokin hot close up with no makeup.

Make of rumers what you will.
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

SkyyMaster

Sat Apr 21, 2007 3:51 am

Paula Abdul was HUGE in the eighties

Errr...I think it's a bit of a stretch to say HUGE. She had a couple of hits. If it weren't for Idol, I really doubt anyone would be giving her a second thought. I've been on flights with celebrities before, and only once did I see them act as if they needed to be treated special. It was an AA flight from LAX-DFW, and it was Pia Zadora. Someone of even less significance than Ms. Abdul. Cheers to Southwest for putting Paula in her place.

deltadc9

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:00 am

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 44):
Errr...I think it's a bit of a stretch to say HUGE

Err... 40 MILLION sales, that is huge by todays standards, then it was beyond huge. Five top 3 singles and 4 number ones on the first album alone.

Memory not up to snuff?
Dont take life too seriously because you will never get out of it alive - Bugs Bunny

united319

Sat Apr 21, 2007 4:42 am

Quite frankly, ive never watch American Idol, nor do I intend to, but I am so sick of hearing about this Sanjaya talk. A heard a radio DJ in an interview the otherday ask Hilary Clinton what her opinion was of Sanjaya! That is a sad sign of this country, that people are more concerned what a presidential canditates position on a worthless singer instead of their position on real governmental issues.

can't be quite bothered to google her name
lol

She was a famous 1980's pop star who sang such hits as "Straight Up", "Cold Hearted Snake", and "Opposites Attract", LA Lakers cheerleader, and choreographer

Quoting ArcrftLvr (Reply 25):

Crappy? I guess if you consider the most financially healthly, customer-service driven, convenient airline to fly, crappy, then if I were a CEO, I wouldn't mind my airline being considered crappy

Actually I find their customer service terrible, they are always rude, and arrogant to me and many others. They are not convinient, I dont consider flying WN SAT-DAL-MCI-PDX convenient when I could just was well fly UA SAT-DEN-PDX, AA SAT-DFW-PDX, CO SAT-IAH-PDX, etc in less time, energy, and money, thats just one of the many examples.
It's Time To Fly

tockeyhockey

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:35 am

just a question, but WHY THE HELL IS PAULA ABDUL FLYING SOUTHWEST AIRLINES????

holy crap.

what did she expect? is she that stupid?

i think i answered my own question.

deltadc9

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:46 am

Quoting Tockeyhockey (Reply 47):
just a question, but WHY THE HELL IS PAULA ABDUL FLYING SOUTHWEST AIRLINES????

I kinda doubt she makes her own travel arrangements.

FLY2LIM

Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:59 am

Quoting DeltaDC9 (Reply 43):

Wrong, she is still popular enough to go platinum in 2000 and Abdul co-wrote Kylie Minogue's 2000 hit single Spinning Around which kick started her carreer, which was originally slated to appear on her new album in 2000. Looks like a new album for her this year or next.

People slow down you know, you will too.

You didn't read the spirit of what I wrote. I said she was "huge," a statement you defended in your next entry. I meant that she was "lucky" to have been picked up for a second successful run of media exposure, after the "first part" of her career. Let's face it, she's older and that's usually the deathknell in Hollywood. But she's watched weekly by millions. And she is making millions again. So, DeltaDC9, I think we both agree on this part.

And yes, I have already started slowing down at (almost) 43 years old.

Quoting SkyyMaster (Reply 44):
Errr...I think it's a bit of a stretch to say HUGE. She had a couple of hits. If it weren't for Idol, I really doubt anyone would be giving her a second thought. I've been on flights with celebrities before, and only once did I see them act as if they needed to be treated special. It was an AA flight from LAX-DFW, and it was Pia Zadora. Someone of even less significance than Ms. Abdul. Cheers to Southwest for putting Paula in her place.

To put Pia Zadora next to Paula Abdul (as far as their mass success and subsequent wealth) is to compare Paul McCartney to William Hung (maintaining the Idol theme, lol). Yes, they are both celebrities but hardly comparable in the success they achieved.

Quoting United319 (Reply 46):

Quite frankly, ive never watch American Idol, nor do I intend to, but I am so sick of hearing about this Sanjaya talk. A heard a radio DJ in an interview the otherday ask Hilary Clinton what her opinion was of Sanjaya! That is a sad sign of this country, that people are more concerned what a presidential canditates position on a worthless singer instead of their position on real governmental issues.

I think you are describing how politics has become as much a part of entertainment as entertainment a part of politics. Oh, and don't kid yourselves, there will be a Sanjaya CD coming out this year. You heard it here first, ha ha ha.

I think we all agree that, if this incident was true, someone like Paula Abdul (with great media exposure) should not fly regularly scheduled flights with us common folk.

FLY2LIM

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos