Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FA4B6
Topic Author

60+ Year UAL F/A Retires

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:51 am

Over 60 years of service! Wow!

http://www.infozine.com/news/stories/op/storiesView/sid/22453/

#1 Flight Attendant Retires from Friendly Skies After 60 Years

United Airlines Flight Attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO (AFA-CWA), applaud the number one Flight Attendant in the industry, Iris Peterson, as she retires from the job that started as "sky girl" or "stewardess" and evolved to "certified safety professional" and a career for "Flight Attendants."
"Leap! And the net will appear."

FLY777UAL

RE: 60+ Year UAL F/A Retires

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:58 am

...a sigh of relief just went up from all of the SEA-SFO commuters.

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

m404

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:06 pm

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

This sounds interesting but why do you say that. Was this her normal routing with that kind of seniority or does that mean now one of the F/As on that route might get off it?

As for Iris..Congratulations. I can't even imagine flying that long. Actually I'd assume she was a desk jockey for some of that time. The article never gets into her duties.
Less sarcasm and more thought equal better understanding

EIPremier

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:23 pm

I didn't know she was still flying! At any rate, hope she enjoys "retirement."

ORDTerminal1

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:32 pm

wonder how much she was pulling in at the end?
717, 727, 732,733, 734, 735, 738, 742, 744, 752, 763, 319, 320, 340, F100

FLY777UAL

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:27 pm

Iris commuted from her home in Seattle to her base of San Francisco. Not only did her seniority blow anyone else out of the water in terms of trying to get an open seat on a flight down, but even if there was only the jumpseat available, it was also awarded by seniority (up until 20 mins prior to departure at which time the cabin jumpseat was assigned).

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

uaord2000

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Iris started her career in 1946 as a stewardess and continued as such until 2006 when she was placed on leave. She recently was unsuccessful in completing RET to return to work and was 'forced' to retire.

J

Jamake1

Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:38 pm

I don't believe that is true. Iris has been taking 30 and 60 wop (leaves) since November. I also heard that she has a medical condition and that she decided it was time to go. She is a legend and a very nice lady. I had the pleasure to work and spend time with her on an Osaka trip some years back. She paved the way to transform a stewardess job into a flight attendant profession. A very sweet lady...I do admire her tenacity to continue in the profession as long as she did. There were ceremonies in SFO yesterday and today to celebrate her 61 years of service as a United Airlines flight attendant and chief purser...
Come fly the sun.

jetjack74

Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:47 pm

Quoting EIPremier (Reply 3):
I didn't know she was still flying! At any rate, hope she enjoys "retirement."

Becuase they have nothing else in life to live for. Flying is all they know. When they began, they didn't count on working forever. Back in the day, once you go married or had children, you were forced to resign. When the the Anti-Discrimination Act was passed, they continued on flying when they got married or bared children. They continued on through their divorces to which they no longer could rely on that money from a rich husband. Finding yourself divorced and alone at age 50, you lose that desire to fly, but you continue becuase you realise there is litle left in world at such a old age. So when you add it all up, you realise you have nothing to retire on and must work until you die. That's womens lib for you.

Quoting UAORD2000 (Reply 6):
She recently was unsuccessful in completing RET to return to work and was 'forced' to retire.

We had a few like that her a Northwest. Our formerly most-tenured FA, the late Bernice Epple, died in 2003 as an example. She was off the last 2-3 years of her life when she passed away after 2 years of recuperating from collapsed lung. She never flew after 2001. The latest relic from the bygone era is Bob Reardon. Heard many stories about him over the years, some good, some not-so-good. Started flying in 1951, he is now 83, and still flies his 6 day MSP-NRT-MNL/HKG routes as a purser, still takes his cab ride from his little apartment in Highland Village, MN. Takes out travelers checks for money instead of a debit card(he doesn't have one).
Made from jets!

FLY777UAL

Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:56 pm

I think it's also worth noting that Iris was born in 1921...long career!

F L Y 7 7 7 U A L

kevi747

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:03 pm

Wow, 60 years!! I flew to GRU the other day with a bunch of 37 year flight attendants and thought that was amazing. But 60 years? God bless her. Let's see, I started flying at 24 so I guess I will be 84 when I retire if I can last as long as her.  Wink

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 8):
Becuase they have nothing else in life to live for. Flying is all they know. When they began, they didn't count on working forever. Back in the day, once you go married or had children, you were forced to resign. When the the Anti-Discrimination Act was passed, they continued on flying when they got married or bared children. They continued on through their divorces to which they no longer could rely on that money from a rich husband. Finding yourself divorced and alone at age 50, you lose that desire to fly, but you continue becuase you realise there is litle left in world at such a old age. So when you add it all up, you realise you have nothing to retire on and must work until you die. That's womens lib for you.

What in God's name are you rambling on about?  sarcastic  You weren't even responding to a question. Why so bitter?
"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." --Stephen Colbert

F9Animal

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:03 pm

Quoting ORDTerminal1 (Reply 4):
wonder how much she was pulling in at the end?

I am sure she was packing in a few bucks. But, I heard that Skybus was recruiting her.
I Am A Different Animal!!

ltbewr

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:31 pm

Over the last 20 years, in the USA, we have made it easier by law for people who are able and may have to continue to work and depending on the physical demands of the job, well beyond the standard retirement age of 65. Improvements in health care has also allowed people to keep working beyond 65. Yet we have a number of jobs in the Airline industry that requires some, in particular pilots, to retire at earlier ages and before age 65.
I do wonder why f/a's can continue beyond age 65, but for the tiny numbers that do, I hope they are physically capable of doing what has to be done not only on a daily basis, especially with the changes of their duties in recent years, but most importantly in a big emergency. While age may not be a factor as indeed you could have a 35 year old f/a who is physically or emotionally incompetent in an emergency, one has to reasonably wonder about a 65 + yo one.
I do hope that such elderly/post-65 year old f/a's are still working as love their jobs, and are not working because they financially have to due to retirement benefits that went up in smoke or had personal financial problems that prevent them from retirement.

zvezda

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:03 pm

Quoting LTBEWR (Reply 12):
I do wonder why f/a's can continue beyond age 65, but for the tiny numbers that do, I hope they are physically capable of doing what has to be done not only on a daily basis, especially with the changes of their duties in recent years, but most importantly in a big emergency.

Tiny numbers? Hardly. Try flying UA out of SFO across the Pacific. Sometimes it seems like "bring your great-grandmother to work day." I've been on flights where none of the FAs appeared to be under 65. I flew with Iris about 10 years ago and she was very sweet. She was also hopelessly unproductive.

As for safety, well, as a paying passenger it shouldn't be my responsibility to formulate a plan for how to get the FAs off the aircraft in an emergency. I'm opposed to fixed age limits, but I haven't seen an octogenarian FA yet who appeared capable of helping in an emergency. I flew across the Pacific yesterday on SQ and asked about their recurrent testing. It's two days long every year and includes putting out a fire, swimming against the current in a pool with artificial waves, sliding down an evacuation slide, etc. At UA, the most difficult task is opening an upright door. At SQ, the age limit is 55, but very few are fit enough past 40 to pass the fitness tests.

MCOflyer

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:17 pm

What routes did she normaly fly?

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

CALMSP

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:11 pm

Zvezda......I'm with you, having an age limit for FA's is my preference as well. Would I trust this 60 year old employee's abilty to open that door and throw it out?? No way......

RDUDDJI

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:28 pm

Quoting MCOflyer (Reply 14):
What routes did she normaly fly?

MCOflyer

Nice lady, I met her in 2004 during layover at NRT. At that point she told me she was just flying SFO-NRT rounds.

Cheers, Iris on a 60+ year career. That's a long time in an industry.
Sometimes we don't realize the good times when we're in them

cdgdtw

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:30 pm

I admire Iris. I understand the desire to stay in the lifestyle of flying that becomes very addictive and, as JetJack said, the only thing in life for some. What I think is shameful is that as a society, we continue to try and work more and more. I don't even think of retirement or saving for it because it seems impossible with the constant cuts from corporate America. When financial gurus rave about a company's improved productivity, that normally equals more output from the staff at the same or lower rate. NWA flight attendants are working on average of 20% more and earning 40% less. No one expected to be a millionaire in the cabincrew profession, but it's time to start sending the message that it isn't the flight attendant's "high wages" that brought the place down.

Sorry for getting off subject. Hearty congratulations to Iris...

1stfl94

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:36 pm

Quoting FLY777UAL (Reply 9):
I think it's also worth noting that Iris was born in 1921...long career!

While I am sure that she is a lovely lady, 85 is way too old to be doing a hard physcial job, especially at altitude.

jaysit

Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:41 pm

Quoting Jetjack74 (Reply 8):
Finding yourself divorced and alone at age 50, you lose that desire to fly, but you continue becuase you realise there is litle left in world at such a old age. So when you add it all up, you realise you have nothing to retire on and must work until you die. That's womens lib for you.

I'm sure you think that women all over the world love cavemen.

But they don't.

As far as "that's women's lib for you" comment, if it weren't for women's lib, women at 50 with no marital prospects, no job skills and no alimony payments would end up in halfway houses, on welfare, or on the streets. Thank goodness, that isn't the case.

Gosh, it must tear you up to serve cocktails to a female executive flying World Business Class! Well, that's women's lib for you too.

Enjoy.
Atheism is Myth Understood.

GRIVely

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:44 am

Could someone please remind me of what the longevity diamonds on UAL flight attendant's wings stand for. I saw an F/A once that had four diamonds and I believe she told me the first one was for 15 years service and the subsequent ones for 10 years of service. Is that recollection correct? That was on the NRT run ten years ago. Hey, wonder if that was Iris?

Cheers,

The GRIV

tu154m

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:43 am

She starts with DL on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CEOs should swim with cement flippers!

Coal

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:57 am

What a crock of sh*t. No wonder service in US airlines is so bad. Flying a US Airline is like flying a geriatric hospital. What about an emergency? Do you think grandma here is really capable of assisting in any meaningful way in the unlikely event of a "water landing"?

Jeez. All airlines should be like SQ. Five years, and unless you really excel on your job, you're out. Plus that is what I call real service.

/End rant.

Cheers,
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

Spoke2Spoke

Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:58 am

Quoting Tu154m (Reply 24):
She starts with DL on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely priceless, Tu154m.

Congrats to Iris. I wonder what she's really planning to do next? Tu154m may not be that far off-base.
...carelessness and overconfidence are usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks. - Wilbur Wright

vtnyc

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:15 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 19):
Gosh, it must tear you up to serve cocktails to a female executive flying World Business Class! Well, that's women's lib for you too.

Guess, it's a TKO.  Big grin
First Flight, PA001 DEL-FRA-LHR-JFK; Dream- JFK-COK on a B6 787

flyboy80

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:16 am

As a former flight attendant my self, I would like to add that many of your comments are absolutely incorrect. If you think that a commercial airliner is going to be intact after a water landing, your confused, and people like Iris didn't get off in training, she could open a 744 door the same way as she could when it was brand new (sorry couldn't resist). Verterans like Iris had a wealth of knowlege that was consistently passed on to other crew members. Training, recurrent...etc...whatever! that teaches you how to read your FAM, and procedural information to rely on in an emergency. But where you really learn your strengths is out on the line where you have the ability to interact with other crew members in live situations from the smallest, to absolute emergencies. I will say a FA once told me that Iris flew in for a trip from SEA, went to her crashpad, fell asleep and then flew back home, to her suprized husband who inquired about why she was back so early? (she thought she was done when she woke up) lol (sorry don't know if someone already told that joke above. Good luck Iris!!!

luv2fly

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:18 am

Quoting Coal (Reply 22):
What a crock of sh*t. No wonder service in US airlines is so bad. Flying a US Airline is like flying a geriatric hospital. What about an emergency? Do you think grandma here is really capable of assisting in any meaningful way in the unlikely event of a "water landing"?

Jeez. All airlines should be like SQ. Five years, and unless you really excel on your job, you're out. Plus that is what I call real service.

/End rant.

Cheers,
Coal

Remind me again what year this is?

My god what a sad attitude to have.

I hope you never lose your job cause there is someone prettier or younger willing to do it for less money!
You can cut the irony with a knife

LH526

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:27 am

Quoting FA4B6 (Thread starter):
Over 60 years of service! Wow!

Quoting FA4B6 (Thread starter):
60+ Year UAL F/A Retires  

Wow ... why is it that always the youngest retire?  Smile
Trittst im Morgenrot daher, seh ich dich im Strahlenmeer ...

Coal

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:40 am

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 26):
Remind me again what year this is?

My god what a sad attitude to have.

I hope you never lose your job cause there is someone prettier or younger willing to do it for less money!

It is a very different industry. I don't work in a service industry (and it's not a pretty or glamorous at that), so aesthetics and age don't come into play (albeit experience with age does).

I'm sorry but if pilots must retire when they turn 60, so should be the rules for f/a's, albeit I would rather it be 50 or 40.

Cheers,
Coal
Nxt Flts: SQ SIN-KIX | HD UKB-CTS | NH CTS-NRT | SQ NRT-SIN | AK SIN-DPS-SIN

Arecibo

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:46 am

Ms. Iris; Congratulations and Thank You for keeping all those sleepy pasengers safe. God Bless.
Life is tough; It's touher if you're stupid. John Wayne.

luv2fly

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:51 am

Quoting Coal (Reply 28):
It is a very different industry. I don't work in a service industry (and it's not a pretty or glamorous at that), so aesthetics and age don't come into play (albeit experience with age does).

I'm sorry but if pilots must retire when they turn 60, so should be the rules for f/a's, albeit I would rather it be 50 or 40.

News flash it can happen in ANY industry!

And any airline can be good or bad it is all a hat toss.
You can cut the irony with a knife

1stfl94

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:59 am

Quoting Flyboy80 (Reply 25):
she could open a 744 door the same way as she could when it was brand new

She would still been nearly 70 when the 744 entered service. If she could open it I'd be very impressed

UALPHLCS

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:37 am

Quoting FLY777UAL (Reply 1):
...a sigh of relief just went up from all of the SEA-SFO commuters.

LOL So true.

Anyway I guess that means the Old Number Two F/A finally retired.

The story I heard was that the Number 1 wasn't going to retire until after the Number 2 did. Because sometime back in the 50s the Number 2 stole Number 1's Boyfriend and she swore Number 2 would never be the number 1. Guess she knows how to hold a grudge.

Anyway that's the story I heard from some F/As I worked with.

I had a mild run-in with 2 once. She looked like she gave the emergency landing routine to Orville. Anyway she said the computer count was wrong after she did a head count. I was taken aback by he attitude but one of the F/As was a friend and she smiled and waved me off giving me a coo-koo sign behind number 2's back, so I let it be.

Funny funny night that was.
A little less Hooah, and a little more Dooah.

jaysit

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:48 am

I'm curious how this woman was still flying at age 84.

Don't most companies have a mandatory retirement age of 65-70, AFA notwithstanding?

So under what employment contract did she get to stick around till 84?
Atheism is Myth Understood.

aloha73g

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:19 am

Quoting Jaysit (Reply 33):
I'm curious how this woman was still flying at age 84.

Don't most companies have a mandatory retirement age of 65-70, AFA notwithstanding?

So under what employment contract did she get to stick around till 84?

As long as you can pass recurrent training each year, they can't make you go anywhere.

-Aloha!
Aloha Airlines - The Spirit Moves Us. Gone but NEVER Forgotten. Aloha, A Hui Hou!

TG992

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:26 am

Quoting Coal (Reply 28):

Unfortunately, this ignorance is the general attitude amongst people of the 20-40 agegroup (I should know, I'm in that group myself).

Quoting Luv2fly (Reply 26):

You never really answered this one, Coal - just blathered on about what a different industry it is. So answer the question - how would you feel if your company called you into the office one day and told you 'thanks for your 20 years of service, but the higher-ups you deal with would prefer to talk commodities with a younger, more handsome guy, so you're out!'
-

Bicoastal

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:34 am

The pilot mandatory retirement rules are currently under review by the FAA in the USA. If a pilot is in good health and can pass his/her recurrent training they should be able to fly until they are ready to move on. Mandatory retirement rules are archaic.
Airliners.net has many forums. It has spell check and search functions. Use them before posting!

LVTMB

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:39 am

Quoting CALMSP (Reply 15):
Would I trust this 60 year old employee's abilty to open that door and throw it out?? No way......

86 year old ....

MB

nwa757boy

Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:47 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 32):

The story I heard was that the Number 1 wasn't going to retire until after the Number 2 did. Because sometime back in the 50s the Number 2 stole Number 1's Boyfriend and she swore Number 2 would never be the number 1. Guess she knows how to hold a grudge.

I had a mild run-in with 2 once. She looked like she gave the emergency landing routine to Orville. Anyway she said the computer count was wrong after she did a head count. I was taken aback by he attitude but one of the F/As was a friend and she smiled and waved me off giving me a coo-koo sign behind number 2's back, so I let it be.

I heard that rumor over at Continental, it might be an urban legend...

UALPHLCS

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:07 am

Quoting NWA757boy (Reply 38):
I heard that rumor over at Continental, it might be an urban legend...

Well with a UA F/A aged 84 the details might be wrong but it appears the substance was true.

Any UA F/As know this story?

UA772IAD

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:22 am

Quoting UALPHLCS (Reply 32):
LOL So true.

Funny funny night that was.

I don't know the story, but No. 2 is a man. He is DEN based and was hired in May of 1950. Maybe the competition is with #3 who is also SFO based.

georgebush

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:33 am

Congrats to Iris!!

I believe now that would make Donna Breckler the oldest UA flight attendant! She lives in Defiance, OH and commutes out of FWA. Where she flys ORD-HKG stopping in SIN on the way back, and then she comes back home. I think she is in her mid 80's and still kickin! I tell her everytime I see her I'd love to non-rev with her companion pass! If anyone ever gets a chance to meet her, she is one of the most hilarious old ladies to talk to! And dont stare at her horribly crooked wig!! Luv ya Donna!!!
Al Gore invented global warming.

UA772IAD

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:38 am

Quoting Georgebush (Reply 41):
Congrats to Iris!!

I believe now that would make Donna Breckler the oldest UA flight attendant! She lives in Defiance, OH and commutes out of FWA. Where she flys ORD-HKG stopping in SIN on the way back, and then she comes back home. I think she is in her mid 80's and still kickin! I tell her everytime I see her I'd love to non-rev with her companion pass! If anyone ever gets a chance to meet her, she is one of the most hilarious old ladies to talk to! And dont stare at her horribly crooked wig!! Luv ya Donna!!!

Madonna still has 2 more ahead of her (unless they left with Iris)
Ronald Akara (DEN) (May 1950) and Jane Cassidy-Smith (SFO) (May 1955).

zvezda

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:47 am

Quoting Flyboy80 (Reply 25):
I will say a FA once told me that Iris flew in for a trip from SEA, went to her crashpad, fell asleep and then flew back home, to her suprized husband who inquired about why she was back so early? (she thought she was done when she woke up) lol (sorry don't know if someone already told that joke above. Good luck Iris!!!

Close. She actually check-in and sat through the briefing for her trip, then fell asleep (passed out) in the crew lounge. When she woke up (came to) she thought she had flown her trip and then flew home. She should have been retired then.

UALPHLCS

Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:49 am

Quoting UA772IAD (Reply 40):
I don't know the story, but No. 2 is a man. He is DEN based and was hired in May of 1950. Maybe the competition is with #3 who is also SFO based.

Maybe. I'm not sure. I was told the woman I had my little run in was number 2. But as was pointed out...The F/As could have been having a laugh a my expense, since the story has spread now to more than one airline.

shane

Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:56 am

How about a picture of her? I'm curious to see if I've been on one of her flights.

ikramerica

Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:10 pm

40 years too late if you believe what the F/A unions want you to about safety.

Every time you hear about an F/A that old, it weakens the argument that F/As are there "primarily for your safety" and if they ARE, in reality, there for "my safety" I'd be damn angry that an 80 year old was in charge of that safety.

Of course, I don't actually believe F/As are there for PRIMARILY for my safety. At least not ALL of them at once...  Wink
They are there, primarily, to get the planes in and out on time and make sure passengers follow as many rules as they can. And on longer flights to serve food and talk about their weekends.

And there are other F/A's who have a primary role other than safety.

For example, on QF 744s, there seems to be one F/A who is there "primarily because he knows how to reset the troublesome AVOD system and does so on a continual basis throughout the flight."

As for the F/A at UA, I hope she enjoys the years she has left in life. She sounds like a very nice and accomplished person!  Smile
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

tbear815

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:19 pm

I flew with Donna Breckler (I was a passenger) many times in the '70's on stretch 8's SFO/HNL (upgraded to F at an early age - but could still drink legally - great flight). Donna was always a true lady and prided herself on excellent service. She even asked the Captain if I could ride into Waikiki on the crew bus (when the crews stayed on Seaside). It was then a short walk to my hotel. I'm glad to know she's still flying and (hopefully) well. I believe when she started with UA they still had the requirement that each over-water flight had to have a least one RN on board (true - in the early days, HNL flights had RN's onboard). Donna was an RN. Way to go, Donna!  praise 

Cactus739

Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:39 pm

Quoting UA772IAD (Reply 40):

It very well could be.... he could be mad that #1 turned his man hetero...

I'm a horrible person but this reminded me of that old joke....

Pilot is told to follow an Alaska jet to the runway... he says to the tower he's not sure which one that is and the tower comes back with "its the one with the United flight attendant on the tail"...
You can't fix stupid.... - Ron White

707lvr

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:28 pm

Gee, we're getting to be kind of hard-edged and driven in these times. If I'm a company with a few employees who are willing and able to work for me for half a century or more, I think I'd make considerable accommodation to allow that to happen. Heck, let her sit and chat with the PAX for most of the flight - what's the harm? If the notion still irritates, don't forget she got to keep ALL her Social Security from 70 on. heh-heh

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos