Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

eajpecrca
Topic Author

Something Nice About US Airways

Mon May 07, 2007 10:55 pm

Since US gets regularly bashed in these forums (and I've had my problems with PHL baggage!), I wanted to share a positive experience. I had a problem with Dividend Miles and went through the usual channels to try to get it resolved. No luck. I wrote to Doug Parker and requested an adjustment to restore some miles. I just checked my account and ---viola--the miles have reappeared.

No big deal, of course, but just something nice that US has done for me. Thank you, Doug Parker!

Anyone else have something nice to say about US?  Smile

Venezuela747

RE: Something Nice About US Airways

Tue May 08, 2007 12:14 am

Glad to hear that.....I havent experienced the real US Airways....last time I flew "them" was right after they bought HP and were still changing things at PHX and LAS. But I am flyn them this saturday DFW-PHX-COS. And yeah I ahev got about 10,000 or so miles. Slowly but surely buildin my way up there

SEPilot

Tue May 08, 2007 12:19 am

Actually, I fly US more than any other airline (although not often; I fly maybe 2 or 3 times a year) and have never had a bad experience. The reason I fly them the most often is they have the best service where I usually fly, which is between BDL and RSW. I have also flown AA on this route; I don't have any preference based on my experience. I don't fly SW because I want assigned seating, and I haven't found their prices to be that much less.

floridaflyboy

Tue May 08, 2007 12:21 am

Good to hear. Actually, from my experience, when you call US Airways on something they've done wrong, they usually go out of their way to make it right. Definitely a plus.

Quoting Venezuela747 (Reply 1):
last time I flew "them" was right after they bought HP

Actually, it was the other way around.

Flighty

Tue May 08, 2007 12:22 am

US just put up a new page describing their latest customer service efforts.

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...ressroom/service_enhancements.aspx

floridaflyboy

Tue May 08, 2007 1:09 am

Quoting Flighty (Reply 4):

Wow! That's wonderful to hear. It looks like they really do care to improve. I like that.

iadguy73

Tue May 08, 2007 1:14 am

Quoting Eajpecrca (Thread starter):
I wrote to Doug Parker and requested an adjustment to restore some miles. I just checked my account and ---viola--the miles have reappeared.

No big deal, of course, but just something nice that US has done for me. Thank you, Doug Parker!

That's faulty reasoning. It shouldn't take you to write to the company's CEO to have that problem fixed. Again, you just proved that they need to shore up customer service.  banghead 

eajpecrca
Topic Author

Tue May 08, 2007 5:43 am

Quoting Iadguy73 (Reply 6):
It shouldn't take you to write to the company's CEO to have that problem fixed. Again, you just proved that they need to shore up customer service

I certainly agree that I should not have had to go to the hassle of writing to the boss. All the contacts I had in their channels quoted me rules, regulations, policies. I was after justice, and sometimes you've got to go to the top to get justice. They need to empower their employees at all levels to make reasoned decisions that will put a good face on their operations. There were a whole series of buckpassers I dealt with. But I was pleased that I ultimately got what I wanted.

whappeh

Tue May 08, 2007 6:07 am

Quoting Flighty (Reply 4):

http://www.usairways.com/awa/content...ressroom/service_enhancements.aspx

I am excited to see their new International Product first hand. I've been worried that Parker and the Western crew would try to "dumb" down, or to put it better "LCC" down, the international product. It seems, however, that they want to make it better and more competitive with the other US airlines in the market.

Cubsrule

Tue May 08, 2007 6:10 am

Nothing written on that web site can fix the 180 degree attitude change of a lot of employees in the east about the merger. That's unfortunate.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos