Topic Author

Finnair Most Eco-efficient Airbus Fleet

Tue May 22, 2007 11:37 am

Airbus SAS - Love them both

teme82

RE: Finnair Most Eco-efficient Airbus Fleet

Tue May 22, 2007 7:10 pm

[joke mode on]
That's what you get when you use Airbus!
[joke mode off]

In more seriously Finnair have done the job right in here. I think they focused the issue back in 1990's when we had depression here. Now that investment is paying off.  bigthumbsup 
Flying high and low

EI321

Tue May 22, 2007 7:18 pm

Calling any form of jet transport eco efficient or green is just taking the piss. Do you know how many tonnes of CO2 a long haul flight produces?  Wink

aa1818

Tue May 22, 2007 11:27 pm

They have seeminly cancelled out all the "good" done by using CFM engines by flying A340s!! (JOKE..but in a way it's kinda true depending on what u believe!!!)

AA1818
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.” J.M. Barrie (Peter Pan)

BigAppleCoder

Wed May 23, 2007 12:35 am

Quoting EI321 (Reply 2):
Calling any form of jet transport eco efficient or green is just taking the piss. Do you know how many tonnes of CO2 a long haul flight produces?

Yes, and meat production generates huge amounts of greenhouse gasses as well. Perhaps you should evangelize going vegetarian first and keep your grubby mitts off my long haul travel options.
 bigthumbsup 

EI321

Wed May 23, 2007 12:54 am

Quoting BigAppleCoder (Reply 4):
Quoting EI321 (Reply 2):
Calling any form of jet transport eco efficient or green is just taking the piss. Do you know how many tonnes of CO2 a long haul flight produces?

Yes, and meat production generates huge amounts of greenhouse gasses as well. Perhaps you should evangelize going vegetarian first and keep your grubby mitts off my long haul travel options.

Correct. Its all about marketing. Do shell or BP run those 'we are so eco freindly' ads on TV in the states aswell? Another contradiction of eco marketing I can think of is the way many Incinerator company's paint the Incinerator buildings a nice shade of leafy green, making them look like recycling plants.

CPH757

Wed May 23, 2007 5:05 am

Quoting BigAppleCoder (Reply 4):

The plants are making oxygen from the CO2, so forget the salad, and eat that cow Big grin

Quoting EI321 (Reply 5):
Correct. Its all about marketing. Do shell or BP run those 'we are so eco freindly' ads on TV in the states aswell? Another contradiction of eco marketing I can think of is the way many Incinerator company's paint the Incinerator buildings a nice shade of leafy green, making them look like recycling plants.

Speaking of ads and airlines; Chevron has some great ads at Hong Kong Airport. Banners hanging from the ceiling saying only "Exactly zero procent of jet engines are fueled by renewable energy"..made me laugh  Smile
Last flight: SAW-CPH on H9 on 02/11/09 - Next Flights: 23/12/09 CPH-AAL on QI, 30/12/09 CPH-LHR on SK, 19/01/10 CPH-CDG-

Wsp

Wed May 23, 2007 6:21 am

Quoting Solnabo (Thread starter):
Way to go Finland!!

The article speaks about the theoretical capabilities of their aircraft not Finnairs actual operations. I wonder how much emissions their 35 minute HEL-TKU flights produce per passenger kilometer compared to an 2 hour flight on the same aircraft.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos