FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Delta Air Lines LOD FA Language Testing

Thu May 24, 2007 11:37 pm

Hello Airliners,

I am new to Airliners.net and joined because of a few reasons. Number one is that there seems to be so much information on here and second I am hopefully going to be a Flight Attendant with Delta Air Line very soon.

Does anyone on here know the process for which Delta Air Lines does its language testing for LOD Flight Attendants? I have an interview with Delta Air Lines, and I was wondering how the language testing is done. I feel very confident in my language skills, but just want to know if there are people in front of you, if it is over the phone, or is it written? Any information would help out a lot. In addition has anyone on here gone through training with Delta Air Lines recently?

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

Delta11

RE: Delta Air Lines LOD FA Language Testing

Fri May 25, 2007 12:08 am

What Language ? As for most, you will do a written test and a face to face. This is due to some claiming they know a language, but can not speak it and answer questions in writting. Please remember that you will need to help with custom forms and menu items for food. Also with Delta, you are looking at JFK or ATL based depending on the LOD. Good Luck as this is the first time Delta has hired since 1999. Another key to remember even thou you may have Line Holder for Language, there are many FA's ahead of you and if there is no Language route, be prepared for Domestic routes and they are not the goods ones.

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 12:14 am

Quoting Delta11 (Reply 1):
What Language ?

Italian

Quoting Delta11 (Reply 1):
Another key to remember even thou you may have Line Holder for Language, there are many FA's ahead of you and if there is no Language route, be prepared for Domestic routes and they are not the goods ones.

You are so very true. For me I just want to get my foot in the door. I am willing to fly anywhere they need me to go to. Be it Tucson, Venice, or Portland. I just want a set of wings! I know there is no sure bet that there will be some sort of line with the exception of a reserve line by the time I get into the thick of things. However, I am looking forward to the whole experience. One thing that I have learned from other friends is that there really isnt glamour in it anymore, however, you (the Flight Attendant), are the one that can make it or break it.

-JD

GlobalATL

Fri May 25, 2007 1:15 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Thread starter):

Welcome. I wish you all the blessings of the job. Fly for all of us that wish were in your shoes and make Delta proud.
TriStar BusinessElite FedEx AirTran Delta Air Lines oneworld SkyTeam JetBlue/jetBlue MAXjet SkyMiles Eos = good spelling

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 1:33 am

Quoting GlobalATL (Reply 3):
Welcome. I wish you all the blessings of the job. Fly for all of us that wish were in your shoes and make Delta proud.

Crossing my fingers. Wether I get the job or not, I am a huge fan of Delta Air Lines. It is the one airline we can be proud of here in the U.S. of course notable mention should got to Continental, Jet Blue, and Virgin America.

-JD

Evan767

Fri May 25, 2007 3:32 am

You'll love your job. Welcome, and try to live up to the Delta name!
The proper term is "on final" not "on finals" bud...

FA4B6

Fri May 25, 2007 5:09 am

When you become an LOD Qualified F/A for Delta, do you get priority on LOD flights?
"Leap! And the net will appear."

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 5:19 am

Quoting FA4B6 (Reply 6):
When you become an LOD Qualified F/A for Delta, do you get priority on LOD flights?

That is a very interesting question. I was wondering that myself. Over the telephone I was told that they are in need of Italian speakers badly. In addition I think they are actively looking for Danish, Dutch, Greek, and Turkish among others. I dont think that Delta Air Lines is going to invest in recruiting LOD Flight Attendants if they are not going to use them. As Senior as some of the Delta Air Lines Flight Attendants are they are now faced with revamping customer service, and that may very well mean having more and more LOD Flight Attendants on international flights. Seniority or not, if you have a plane with 70% Italian or Greek speaking passengers and only 2 LOD Flight Attendants there could be a problem. Now if you take that and turn that into 3-4 that is a more realistic number. One should be available at all times in Business Elite, and 1-2 additional available at all times in the Economy cabins. My other question would be if you are a LOD onboard the aircraft are you given additional pay? Are you responsible for making all of the announcements both in English and in the LOD? Any replys are greatly appreciated.

-JD

LawnDart

Fri May 25, 2007 5:35 am

Quoting FA4B6 (Reply 6):
do you get priority on LOD flights?

Way back when, the trips were bid as regular flight attendants (say, 6 positions) and LOD flight attendants (2 positions). The LOD positions were awarded to flight attendants that were that (Italian) language qualified by seniority of Italian-qualified flight attendants.

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 7):
and that may very well mean having more and more LOD Flight Attendants on international flights.

Probably not, though don't know for sure. DL just started (or will soon start) service to Pisa.

My other question would be if you are a LOD onboard the aircraft are you given additional pay? Are you responsible for making all of the announcements both in English and in the LOD? Any replys are greatly appreciated.

Yes, there is a "LOD" pay per hour of LOD flights only. If you're put on a trip to FLL, no pay. If you're assigned a trip to FCO, then you get LOD pay for each flight hour.

And yes, you will be expected to make announcements, although some on-board leaders prefer to do the english, and then you would pick up the mike and do the italian.

Good luck with your interview and test. Practice airline-related announcements in Italian..."The boarding gate for this flight to Rome has changed, we are now assigned to gate 2"..."Would you like a drink with dinner? Would you like ice in your drink?"..."The captain has announced that we have lost hydraulics and will be making and emergency landing. Please review the location and operation of the emergency exits".

Also, during the interview, don't show any hesitation about being assigned anywhere...even JFK. If asked, express the desire to stay with Delta until you retire (they don't like to train people and have them leave after a year...), talk up your past customer-service jobs, and think about situations where you played a pivotal role in helping a customer who was angry at your company for whatever reasons.

Hope this helps.

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 6:12 am

Quoting LawnDart (Reply 8):
Hope this helps

LawnDart,

Thank you so very much. The information that you have put forth is very valuable. I am defnitely going to keep you abreast as to what the outcome of the interview will bring.

-JD

611ATL

Fri May 25, 2007 6:30 am

The LOD testing is done during the interview now. It's a bit awkward since it's over the phone, but not too weird. Make sure that if you don't know something to talk around it. Try to explain (in Italian) that you don't understand how the question is phrased and ask them to put it another way, instead of "I don't know what that is." Best of luck...and if you get on soon you'll more than likely have an Italian line (with 3 ADays - reserve - per month). They need speakers in both JFK and ATL.

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 6:44 am

Quoting 611ATL (Reply 10):
They need speakers in both JFK and ATL.

Thanks, I am crossing my fingers for a JFK base assignment! If not Atlanta is a great place to call home!  Smile

Quoting 611ATL (Reply 10):
It's a bit awkward since it's over the phone, but not too weird.

Lol. I guess since I am on the phone all the time with Italy it wont be that bad! Hoping for success. Everyone is saying I am going to breeze through it. I hope, that is! Interesting that it is over the phone. So I am assuming that I will know the results right away? In any case I am very excited. Failure or success I am a Delta fan all the way!

-JD

panamair

Fri May 25, 2007 6:47 am

As Senior as some of the Delta Air Lines Flight Attendants are they are now faced with revamping customer service, and that may very well mean having more and more LOD Flight Attendants on international flights. Seniority or not, if you have a plane with 70% Italian or Greek speaking passengers and only 2 LOD Flight Attendants there could be a problem. Now if you take that and turn that into 3-4 that is a more realistic number. One should be available at all times in Business Elite, and 1-2 additional available at all times in the Economy cabins

Delta isn't necessarily increasing the number of LOD FAs on those flights; the problem is that many of the existing and senior LOD FAs are dropping their language so that they can fly other flights. There are ex-Pan Am Ukranian speakers for example, who never signed up as a Ukranian LOD FA for fear of being forever 'assigned' to the KBP flight and not having the opportunity to work other internationals out of JFK. Many senior and not-so-senior French speakers have also 'de-registered' from the French LOD FA list as their seniority and the significantly increased number of international flights at DL will allow them to continue flying international; previously, keeping their LOD designation was the only way for many FAs to fly exclusively international. Now, keeping their LOD designation has instead become a hinderance as they would 99% of the time be 'assigned' (i.e., forced) to fly their LOD flights.

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 7:19 am

Quoting Panamair (Reply 12):
Now, keeping their LOD designation has instead become a hinderance as they would 99% of the time be 'assigned' (i.e., forced) to fly their LOD flights.

True. Very True. I have friends that are Flight Attendants with American Airlines and United Airlines, they have dropped their foreign language skills since they were only seeing France (French speaking), and Brazil (Brazilian Portuguese speaking). It is something that I myself am not bothered by. However, I am sure that the newness of Pisa, Venice, Malpensa, and Rome would wear off sometime down the road. In the meantime I guess it would always help to learn, or at least try other languages as well.

-JD

OOer

Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 am

What a coincidence, I am currently in my 3rd week of LOD F/A training in Atlanta...I speak Italian. I have 2 more weeks to go and have my first 2 flights this Saturday and Monday, one to DCA and the other to PHX.

To answer your questions:

LOD pay is an extra $1.35 per hour

When you go interview at the end they will either ask you to take a drug test then and there and take a language test over the phone administered by Alta language services, or they will tell you they will be in touch!!!!!

Also, there are 3 levels of proficiency with the languages, Beginner/Intermediate/Fluent . Right now they are looking for fluent speakers...I just had 2 friends get sent home after 3 weeks of training because they messed up their paperwork and their tests came back with only intermediate on their respective languages (Italian/French/German).

Good Luck!!!!!

Anything else just let me know!

MCOflyer

Fri May 25, 2007 9:53 am

Good luck and I hope you get the job.

MCOflyer
Never be afraid to stand up for who you are.

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 10:09 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 14):
What a coincidence, I am currently in my 3rd week of LOD F/A training in Atlanta...I speak Italian. I have 2 more weeks to go and have my first 2 flights this Saturday and Monday, one to DCA and the other to PHX.

That is kind of a coincidence I was supposed to be interviewing for a start date of 7 May. That means we would have been in about the same class if I was a success. I am not doubting my Italian skills. Kind of as a coincidence since I grew up speaking both Venetian and Italian. Venetian with my mothers family, and Italian with Calabrese tidbits when I am speaking with some of my Fathers family.

Quoting OOer (Reply 14):
Right now they are looking for fluent speakers...I just had 2 friends get sent home after 3 weeks of training because they messed up their paperwork and their tests came back with only intermediate on their respective languages (Italian/French/German).

Wow, was that because the language testing company didnt release the scores to Delta Air Lines for 3 weeks? Or was it because of something else? If it was because Delta got the results after 3 weeks, that would be suprising. But none the less Delta needs to put the safety of the passengers as a priority and interim or conversational Italian is not going to fly when you have 200 people facing you in a emergency situation. That really has to be applauded on behalf of Delta Air Lines.

-JD

B767300ER

Fri May 25, 2007 10:31 am

As a TLV / LLBG), Israel">LOD I wishyou the best. While my DL seniority is only 5 years, having bbeen with TW and LH it was my TLV / LLBG), Israel">LOD experience and abilities that allow me to hold a regular line. Being fluent in Hebrew and Russian I can hold most SVO or TLV trips. Spanish and Portugese require greater seniority. When we start flying to DUB will bid for that as can speak Aravic as well. While based at JFK at times I "trade" trips to fly domestic routes. If you enjoy people and flying iys a great carreer/  Smile

OOer

Fri May 25, 2007 10:36 am

Actually that is incorrect. You will be disciplined if in an emergency you direct passengers in a language other than english. It is an english airline and the LOD program is for customer service only.

L1011Lover

Fri May 25, 2007 10:50 am

It´s so wonderful seeing Delta is hiring new flight attendants. On the other hand I´m kind of saddened. I´ve always wanted to become a flight attendant for Delta. Ever since I first flew from Frankfurt to Atlanta in 1985. But probably will never get a chance to do so...

I am a flight attendant with LH and I have to say it´s okay! I´ve been flying for Lufthansa and it´s subsidiary Condor for the last 9 years and I´m loving it... well I love being a flight attendant, however LH really isn´t the airline I ever wanted to work for. I´m glad I have a job and I´m grateful I can fly and that LH hired me so I´m a loyal LH employee and I´m trying to do the best I could and work with passion. But even in all these years I´ve never been able to really identify with LH. They´re just so different compared to US carriers and DL in particular.

When I began my career with Condor/Lufthansa at the age of 20 I kept dreaming that when I turn 30 I wanna work for DL at last. Well I´ll turn 30 this year and I´m still a LH flight attendant and probably will always be...  Sad
Seniority is everything in this business, so after almost 10 years of service to one carrier it´s probably better to just stay there.

Plus Delta isn´t hiring for German speakers anyway, so I shouldn´t be bothered.

The only thing that keeps me from applying with DL is the fact that (even though I´ve lived in the US for quite a while as a child and a teenager) I´m not in possession of a valid visa, well a green card which is needed in order to apply with a US carrier nowadays. Pan Am, TWA, later Delta, United, American and Northwest used to hire foreign nationals or the successors inherited them from PA and TW in the past, but times have changed.

I remember when United established its Flight Attendant domicile in FRA in 1996/97and how thrilled I was, however the minimum age was 21 and at the time I had just turned 19, so I missed the chance to work for any of my favorite carriers (PA which was long gone, DL and UA). Since then none of the US carrier hired any European flight attendants without a US passport or green card and will probably never do so again. Times have changed and the world has changed. Nowadays foreign workers seem to be more of a threat to an individual work group than an advantage as they were looked at in the 60´s and 70´s when Pan Am and TWA were hiring big time in Europe.

LH for instance is still hiring foreign flight attendants from India, Japan, Thailand, China and South Korea but they´re of course limited to flying to and from their respective country of origin, so they´re not really considered a threat to the German based flight attendants.

Oh how I´d love to see Delta opening a crew base in CDG or AMS or FRA... just like United did in FRA and LHR. I´d be fine with flying FRA to ATL all the time if only I could work for my favorite airline.

I´ve checked out DL´s career opportunities on their website and the job description and minimum qualifications for becoming a LOD flight attendant with DL don´t include any information whether you need a US passport/green card or not whereas in the past it usually did. But I´m almost 100% positive DL isn´t sponsoring anyone in order to get one. Maybe if someone speaks all the languages they need so that would qualify them for the "special knowledge and qualifications" program... lol...

Well I HAVE a good paying job so I keep my fingers crossed for anyone who is trying to get on with Delta. I definitely have no intention on taking away available jobs from US citizens or those who have green cards, so don´t you worry... and please don´t give me a lesson that jobs should be kept in the US. However I still believe 100 or 200 European based flight attendants wouldn´t hurt the United States or Delta... I´m sure they´re an advantage for United...  Wink

FLYGUY767 I keep my fingers crossed especially for you and wish you the best of luck... even though I envy you and everyone else who has the option of applying with my beloved, favorite airline.
And if you get hired open a bottle of champagne and celebrate and think of the one who´d love to be in your shoes... LOL...

Being a flight attendant isn´t just a job, it´s a lifestyle... and I love almost every aspect of it...

cheers

L1011Lover  Smile

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 11:13 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 18):
You will be disciplined if in an emergency you direct passengers in a language other than english.

That actually is a bit shocking since I was told that part of the language qualification is that you must evacuate the plane in both English and the LOD. What is one to do if the majority of passengers are not English speaking on the flight? The passengers cannot speak or comprehend English. I am just a little surprised but Delta/FAA sets the rules, we as the *hopeful* Flight Attendants are their to follow them.

Quoting OOer (Reply 18):
It is an english airline and the LOD program is for customer service only.

It is just a little shocking since over the years there have been problems with airline evacuations because of the passengers lack of comprehension of the language. But like I have said above it is the rules that Delta/FAA set forth that we must apply to the position. In any case good luck to you OOer. How did you become fluent in Italian?

Quoting L1011Lover (Reply 19):
FLYGUY767 I keep my fingers crossed especially for you and wish you the best of luck... even though I envy you and everyone else who has the option of applying with my beloved, favorite airline.

L1011Lover, I think that we all live our lives vicariously through other people at one point or another. I think that it was wonderful that you have had the chance to work with Lufthansa. It is a great airline, only recently have I seen a decline in its service levels. I am pretty sure that Delta Air Lines is looking for German speakers. I could however be mistaken. Your vote of confidence is very well appreciated. Whether I am offered the position of not, I am still a huge Delta Air Lines fan. And more so its predecessor Pan Am.

-JD

rwy04lga

Fri May 25, 2007 11:41 am

OK...I give up...what's LOD? Ben-Gurion Airport?? Oy!
Just accept that some days, you're the pigeon, and other days the statue

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri May 25, 2007 11:41 am

Quoting B767300ER (Reply 17):
As a TLV / LLBG), Israel">LOD I wishyou the best. While my DL seniority is only 5 years, having bbeen with TW and LH it was my TLV / LLBG), Israel">LOD experience and abilities that allow me to hold a regular line. Being fluent in Hebrew and Russian I can hold most SVO or TLV trips.

Thank you for the kind words B767300ER. You are a very lucky man. Israel is such a wonderful country. I was lucky when I was a teenager to visit Israel for 3 weeks. Isn't Delta Air Lines due to restart JFK-TLV with the 767-300? In addition I have heard a few rumbling that Delta is looking to add JFK-LED in the not so distant future. In any case I wish you the best of luck in your career with Delta Air Lines.

Quoting B767300ER (Reply 17):
While based at JFK at times I "trade" trips to fly domestic routes.

How long after you started did you start dropping International trips for domestic trips? I used to work a number of years ago for another airline. I will never forget my line every month was Mexico City, Mexico City, Mexico City. At that time I was Spanish qualified. We used to have a whole room of nothing but trips people were trying to give away. It was like walking into a candy store everytime. In fact I remember a Flight Attendant offering $200.00 cash for me to take her Ft. Lauderdale trip over Christmas. I dont know if that is kosher anymore. I mean bartering to pick up trips. But in any case that was a great time.

-JD

DL WIDGET HEAD

Fri May 25, 2007 1:41 pm

Quoting Rwy04LGA (Reply 21):
OK...I give up...what's LOD?

Language Of Destination

VHXLR8

Fri May 25, 2007 3:13 pm

Quoting OOer (Reply 18):
Actually that is incorrect. You will be disciplined if in an emergency you direct passengers in a language other than english. It is an english airline and the LOD program is for customer service only.

Might be different in the USA, but that doesn't sound right. Here in Australia, language speaking F/As are required to know various safety related terms. In an emergency, you CAN direct pax in another language if you feel that they are not understanging you; but of course english would ALWAYS come first.

B767300ER

Fri May 25, 2007 9:37 pm

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 22):

Most trades are now computer generated, to make sure they are legal for crew members. Most of the domestic trips
I pick up are on "open time" (not assigned yet to reserve crew members). While I may be legal for trip as far as rest times, you still can't exceed the monthly hours for crew, so some times I have to put one of my "regular" trips up other wise
I go NRSA, which now a days is pretty tough even as a Class 5.

Delta11

Fri May 25, 2007 9:57 pm

Quoting FA4B6 (Reply 6):

Quoting FA4B6 (Reply 6):

No you do not get Priority , You will be lucky to get an Int flight. Delta is hiring LOD first as some senior staff is dropping there LOD status. You will fly primary Dom flights and a few back up flights. Also be prepared for "A" days, you will sit in the airport and wait for a flight to be scheduled.

As for the pay, please know you are only paid once the door is closed and wheels up. So yes you can be locked on board for 10 and only be paid for 8.

As for FRA becoming a base again from the old Pan Am days, that would be nice.

For Delta sponsering, No way. They hire only legal and US .

As for the comment of the one member friend losing LOD for German. She / He can not be a new hire as Germany FA's are not being hired. They have 172 est German F/A's and they always do not get INT flights.

Crew schedulingt is based on seniroty.
In any case, good luck.

Delta11

Fri May 25, 2007 10:07 pm

Pay is also based on seniroty. You will start in the $17 an hour and LOD when you fly an LOD flight. Also in the first 6 months you will get base pay and no hourly until after your prob time frame.

OOer

Fri May 25, 2007 11:24 pm

On every international flight there are anywhere from 1 to 3 LOD F/A positions. If you are LOD you can bid for those positions where regulas F/As cannot bid for those positions.

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Sat May 26, 2007 1:39 pm

Quoting OOer (Reply 28):
On every international flight there are anywhere from 1 to 3 LOD F/A positions. If you are LOD you can bid for those positions where regulas F/As cannot bid for those positions.

Great to hear the number of LOD Flight Attendants per aircraft. Have you gotten your base assignment as of yet?

-JD

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Sun May 27, 2007 11:00 pm

Thank You to everyone who assisted me with my questions regarding the Delta Air Lines LOD Language Testing. Happy Flying to everyone!

-JD

OOer

Wed May 30, 2007 4:12 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Reply 29):
Great to hear the number of LOD Flight Attendants per aircraft. Have you gotten your base assignment as of yet?

You wont get that until 2-3 days before graduation. So about 1 week from now or so!!!!!

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Wed May 30, 2007 8:29 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 31):
You wont get that until 2-3 days before graduation. So about 1 week from now or so!!!!!

OOer,

Thank you for all of your information in regards to Delta Air Lines. After a lot of thought I made a very hard decision to decline the interview with Delta Air Lines. For as much of a fan I am of Delta Air Lines, the thought of living on such a poor wage, is not something that is easy to swallow. I have 2 friends in the employ of Eos Airlines and their pay is nearly $5.00 more per hour than Delta Air Lines. Another friend that is a new hire with Continental is nearly $2.00 per hour more than Delta without the supplemental language pay. For now I am going to stay on the ground and work in New York City, where I have been for a number of years. Maybe someday I will return to the Flight Attendant position but on the pay that Delta Air Lines is offering, combined with the extremely low supplemental pay for foreign language the offer simply does not mitigate the change in lifestyle. I can only wish the best of luck to you and your fellow classmates with Delta Air Lines. Fly the widget proud!

airplane 

-JD

GlobalATL

Thu May 31, 2007 10:20 pm

A bit off topic....

Nowadays, what is DL calling their domestic & int'l F/As who are command of the cabins?
It shows u how old I am....they were called OBL & IFSC. Still the same?
TriStar BusinessElite FedEx AirTran Delta Air Lines oneworld SkyTeam JetBlue/jetBlue MAXjet SkyMiles Eos = good spelling

panamair

Thu May 31, 2007 10:24 pm

Quoting GlobalATL (Reply 33):
Nowadays, what is DL calling their domestic & int'l F/As who are command of the cabins?
It shows u how old I am....they were called OBL & IFSC. Still the same?

I think the "A" is now called the "Flight Leader" (at least that's what the badge says)...."B" I believe is still the Customer Service Coordinator..

OOer

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:38 am

A = On Board Leader
B = Revenue Leader
C-K = Guest Services

Any more questions?

BTW: I graduate in 8 days....unless something real bad happens!

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:43 am

Quoting OOer (Reply 35):
BTW: I graduate in 8 days....unless something real bad happens!

May you fly proud!  Smile

-JD

a380us

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:02 am

Quoting FLYGUY767 (Thread starter):
ts language testing for LOD

what is LOD?
www.JandACosmetics.com

FLYGUY767
Topic Author

Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:26 am

Quoting A380US (Reply 37):
what is LOD

Language of Destination

-JD

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos