Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Goldenshield
Topic Author

Mesa Will Be Pulling Out Of UT And NV EAS Early

Sat May 26, 2007 4:43 am

Mesa will be shutting down its EAS routes in SLC and NV in 90 days.

Short article courtesy of the St. George Spectrum:

Original article

CEDAR CITY — Mesa Airlines, whose year-long stint at Cedar City Regional Airport has been plagued by customer complaints, late and canceled flights and declining enplanements, is skipping town.

The Phoenix-based airline sent a letter to the city this week announcing its intent to pull its operations out of Cedar City in 90 days, about a year before its essential air service contract is set to expire.

"I don't know why," said airport manager Steve Farmer. "I think it's just because they lost too much money."
Although Mesa wants to leave as soon as possible, Farmer said federal regulations require that a new airline provider is in place. That means Cedar City will not experience any void in airline service, he said.

Mesa also plans to vacate about 10 or 15 other cities, including Moab and Vernal, and Ely, Nev., Farmer said.
For more on this story, please see Saturday's print editions of The Spectrum & Daily News.
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

DesertAir

RE: Mesa Will Be Pulling Out Of UT And NV EAS Early

Sat May 26, 2007 5:00 am

It looks like Mesa is retreating from these small cities. What type of aircraft do they use on these routes? I wonder if they are phasing out their prop planes and the RJs would not be cost effective for these small routes?

USPIT10L

Sat May 26, 2007 5:06 am

Quoting DesertAir (Reply 1):
It looks like Mesa is retreating from these small cities. What type of aircraft do they use on these routes? I wonder if they are phasing out their prop planes and the RJs would not be cost effective for these small routes?

Beechcraft 1900Ds. They are looking to eliminate all BE1 flying, except for central KS and MO.
It's a Great Day for Hockey!

DAL767400ER

Sat May 26, 2007 5:07 am

What type of aircraft do they use on these routes?

B-1900s.

Hope this means Skywest will return to CDC. They may not bid as low as Mesa did, but at least they have never received the same number of complaints in all their years at CDC as Mesa has.

cirrusdriver

Sat May 26, 2007 5:11 am

IMHO, Mesa has been hit the hardest with the recent pilot shortage. Even the low time pilots, the 250hr ones, are getting the message and staying away from Mesa. I am going to speculate that this is a major contributing factor for these cancellations.

[Edited 2007-05-25 22:12:26]

[Edited 2007-05-25 22:12:56]

FATFlyer

Sat May 26, 2007 5:30 am

In the thread earlier this week about them leaving VIS/MCE/ELY
https://www.airliners.net/discussions...eneral_aviation/read.main/3420562/
I listed the following EAS cities as airports where Air Midwest/Mesa has filed to end service in the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Visalia and Merced, CA;
Ely, NV;
Farmington, Alamogordo, and Roswell, NM;
Cedar City, Moab, and Vernal, UT;
DuBois, Franklin/Oil City, and Lancaster, Pennsylvania;
Hagerstown, Maryland;
Greenbrier,White Sulphur Springs,Lewisburg, West Virginia;

Since then I've also heard:
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Massena, Ogdensburg, Watertown, NY
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness." - Mark Twain

usxguy

Sat May 26, 2007 7:36 am

Actually the pilot shortage really hasn't affected Air Midwest, yet a poster decided to spread their Mesa-hate on the spectrum's website. ZV is just re-evolving itself into its 1990 form.

*sigh*

So how's Aloha doing, with 3 planes down? Oh yeah, 15% on time inter-island.
xx

ScottB

Sat May 26, 2007 7:45 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 5):
Since then I've also heard:
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Massena, Ogdensburg, Watertown, NY

MSS, OGS, and ART are already gone; Big Sky got the contract and is operating to BOS as Delta Connection.

The number of EAS providers is dwindling, what with Air Midwest dropping markets and RegionsAir imploding. I doubt that Colgan wants to get into the markets out west, so that pretty much just leaves Great Lakes.

FATFlyer

Sat May 26, 2007 8:06 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 7):
The number of EAS providers is dwindling, what with Air Midwest dropping markets and RegionsAir imploding. I doubt that Colgan wants to get into the markets out west, so that pretty much just leaves Great Lakes.

When the Visalia/Merced contract came up last year there were bids from
Air Midwest/Mesa
Great Lakes
and Big Sky

Vision Air now has its certificate so maybe they will start bidding on some of the western EAS cities along with Great Lakes.

ScottB

Sat May 26, 2007 8:13 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 8):
When the Visalia/Merced contract came up last year there were bids from
Air Midwest/Mesa
Great Lakes
and Big Sky

That's what I recalled; now that Big Sky has 10 aircraft committed to Delta Connection at BOS, I just don't see them jumping into the the markets in the Southwest/California. SkyWest might be able to take some of the markets though the EMB-120 is probably too large for most. I do see GQ possibly taking some of the EAS markets which Commutair wants to vacate, like SLK and PLB, either to BOS or JFK.

mtnwest1979

Sat May 26, 2007 8:37 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 9):
That's what I recalled; now that Big Sky has 10 aircraft committed to Delta Connection at BOS, I just don't see them jumping into the the markets in the Southwest/California.

Well maybe GQ could use the same 1900s Mesa is using, since that is where they got the ones they have now. That may be easy.

I feel sorry for these small towns that seem to be getting the shaft more so lately by some of these EAS carriers. After Mesa, Westward, and Scenic, it would be nice to have stable service again to these places.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

LASoctoberB6

Sat May 26, 2007 8:45 am

Beechcraft 1900Ds

weird that i see those here in Las Vegas....i was wondering if Mesa was just chartering those B1900s to private flying people...guess not..

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 8):
Vision Air

the same Vision Air that competes with Scenic out of VGT?
[NOT IN SERVICE] {WEStJet}

acvitale

Sat May 26, 2007 8:49 am

Aircraft have been sold from Mesa to Gulfstream.

Great Lakes has political disaster with the failure to restart the ex Regions Air routes after they told political powers that they were ready to step in when/if something happened to Regions Air.

All in all EAS is going to be a difficult time.

For the sake of Cedar City, I hope they get the Skywest EMB-120 with the stop between SLC and SGU.

The other markets will have a tougher time.

flyboy7974

Sat May 26, 2007 8:57 am

Wasn't Regions Air trying to get back up and going again? Somewhere I thought I had heard or read that about mid summer they'd be trying to fly again, so who knows, a rebranded Regions Air picking up a lot of those EAS routes and starting a west coast division to utilize those planes if they get their certificate cleared

pdxcof9

Sat May 26, 2007 9:07 am

Quoting ScottB (Reply 9):
SkyWest might be able to take some of the markets though the EMB-120 is probably too large for most.

CDC, VEL, and CNY all have runways over 6200 feet and the brasillia only need 5200 or so to take off. I saw a really gutsy pilot take off halfway down the runway, and the runways here are 11,000 feet.

I'm sure skywest can get enough people for at least 1 daily flight to each of those destinations, SLC being a delta hub and all. As for gate space we are pretty much maxed out for brasillia's. We have only 8 spots that the brasillia can power out without having to be pushed back. If we park it at a different gate we will have to push back which we can do, we have a tow bar and we all know how to do it.
Flown:733,4,7,8,752,763,TU3,CRJ,7,EM2,ER3,4,318,19,346,M80,90 Worked:CRJ,7,9,EM2,ER4,733,5,7,8,9,752,3,318,9

FATFlyer

Sat May 26, 2007 9:45 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 11):

Yep, they now hold a scheduled carrier certificate from the DOT.

They are going to be operating Carlsbad (CLD) to VGT along with Mesa/Williams to VGT.

I know they have also spoken with a few other airports in the west.

So I would not be surprised to see EAS bids from them. Doesn't mean they would get them but there are few operators around to compete for the contracts.

I do wonder if VIS might attract some new interest from OALs.

Mesa's proposal was based on 835 monthly enplanements which was basically the airport's pre 9/11 numbers. They had not seen that level since then.

But VIS saw 1300 enplaned passengers in March and over 1300 enplaned in April.

whatusaid

Sat May 26, 2007 12:27 pm

Is it really worth the subsidies of several hundred dollars per passenger for Visalia to have commercial service? It's a 40 minute drive from FAT to VIS.... Granted, travel is up since Mesa started the flights to LAS, but I wonder, just how much is O&D vs connecting service? Just look at FAT's O&D to LAS for a clue, perhaps?

VIS is a great city, growing, but trying to compete against FAT on the same routes just doesn't make economic sense. Now, if you'd do a VIS-SMF, and have all of the State employees in Fresno driving down to VIS to catch the flight, enjoying the free parking at VIS, that might be interesting. Sound crazy? Hey, you ever drive 99 to Sacramento every week?

FCYTravis

Sat May 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Quoting USXguy (Reply 6):
ZV is just re-evolving itself into its 1990 form.

Ah, "re-evolving." Now that's some great PR-speak for "shutting everything but the MCI base down." How much did they pay you to write that?  Wink

Signed, another liar for hire
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

jkudall

Sat May 26, 2007 2:06 pm

Good riddance. Mesa/Air Midwest has done a piss poor job with their service and a lot of people in CDC would rather drive the 45 min to SGU anyways so they can fly OO or just drive to LAS or SLC for flights. Hopefully a decent carrier can come in and take over soon. I must say the OO flights to CDC whent they had them were poorly timed for connecting traffic and only one of the two (sometimes three) flights had full loads most of the time. If DL/OO retimed those flights, they would do a lot better.

flyboy7974

Sat May 26, 2007 2:18 pm

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for the nimbies or anybody that backs the town of CDC and their relation with Mesa Airlines and commercial airline service. I wrote a huge commentary to their local paper months and months ago and once posted, I had tons of people contact me about what I wrote and how it differed from the story that they're being told by their local politicians and city people. From the start, the officials in CDC wanted that relationship to fail so that they could return to the SkyWest service for a much lower subsidy than previously submitted. They cried "wolf" from the start and I know 5 year olds smarter than the town officials in CDC.

usxguy

Sat May 26, 2007 4:02 pm

Sounds like what Quincy and Marion have done to RegionsAir, considering their close relationships to a powerful U.S. Senator... "anyone but RegionsAir" unfortunately meant no one.
xx

mtnwest1979

Sun May 27, 2007 6:47 am

Quoting LASOctoberB6 (Reply 11):

I believe Scenic now operates out of the Boulder City Airport.
Riddle: Which lasts longer, a start-up airline or a start-up football league?

Mainland

Mon May 28, 2007 8:38 pm

Quoting Flyboy7974 (Reply 13):
Wasn't regions Air trying to get back up and going again?

They are, or were, depending on the source. Their website states:

"RegionsAir has a plan to resume operations in the near future and we are vigorously working to expand our service and grow this airline back to the "hidden jewel" of the airline industry that it once was."

This is different from what they were saying just 3 weeks ago when they were saying they planned on starting ops tomorrow:

Quoting Mainland (Reply 54):
Quoting ERAUgrad02 (Reply 53):
Any word on regions yet?

According to their website they plan on resuming operations on May 29th to "six of the cities we previously served out of Saint Louis."

http://www.regionsair.com

Hop over to Wikipedia -- not the greatest source of info, granted -- and it claims, "On May 25, 2007 the airline sucessfully closed the doors and laid off the last remaining 14 employees."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RegionsAir

So, who really knows?
You don't need a passport to know what state you're in...

usxguy

Tue May 29, 2007 12:30 am

*koff* I can't comment on RegionsAir status.

But regarding Air Midwest, seems that HP, I refuse to say US, mgt will not let pro-rate carriers manage their own inventory. As a USX carrier, Mesa had the ability to instantly change and update inventory on a whim... now they couldn't file their own fares (which is fine), they have to send them to US to put in the system.

But I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that the HPX side really doesn't bring in much revenue for HP, so they aren't going to let YV have the same control for the *same* flights that were once on US Sabre.

Basicly, JO can't control his own inventory anymore. He's at the mercy of some 19 year old who was just hired that has no airline experience that is told to follow HP yield management policies & procedures, instead of someone at Mesa that's been there for years who knows the markets.
xx

Caspian27

Tue May 29, 2007 12:59 am

Basically ZV has been losing money for sometime. Although the Beech is a great airplane to pilot, it is hard to make money using it, even on EAS routes. There have been rumors upon rumors of ZV getting sold or shut down and this is the first sign of that happening.

If they really are planning to consolidate ops in the midwest that is a smart move considering the logistical nightmare of planes and crews right now. There's 20 airplanes for coast to coast ops, and it's just not enough. Although I love the Beech, they have tons of cycles on them and stuff is gonna break in the outstation that can't be MEL'd. So now you have a broken plane in VIS, MCE, ELY, VEL, CNY that has to be Part 91'd to FMN. Not exactly a short hop. It's the same out east. If something breaks down in AHN they have to fly it to DUJ to fix it. Since there are no spare aircraft or crews, you can't just ferry another plane in for the revenue flight. Another issue with VIS and MCE has been the fog in the central valley delaying flights until there is the required 1/4 mile visibility. I think this move is entirely about centralizing ops in the midwest to make things easier logistically. Although I won't be surprised if they turn out the light on ZV.
Meanwhile, somewhere 35,000 ft above your head...

masseybrown

Tue May 29, 2007 12:30 pm

Quoting ScottB (Reply 7):
The number of EAS providers is dwindling, what with Air Midwest dropping markets and RegionsAir imploding.

Isn't Mesa/Air Midwest the low-cost provider of EAS services? If Mesa can't make money, who can?
I can see a number of these routes not drawing any replacement service proposals.

dsuairptman

Tue May 29, 2007 1:01 pm

I seriously doubt JO would whack ZV before cooking up a means to keep the operating certificate alive (if its part 121).
When it comes to business plans, JO is a sharp guy and he wouldn't let a future oppurtunity involving the ZV cert. to pass by.
GEAUX SAINTS!

asuflyer05

Tue May 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Quoting Dsuairptman (Reply 26):
I seriously doubt JO would whack ZV before cooking up a means to keep the operating certificate alive (if its part 121).
When it comes to business plans, JO is a sharp guy and he wouldn't let a future opportunity involving the ZV cert. to pass by.

Clearly the EAS flying doesn't generate enough of a profit (if at all) to justify keeping the operation. As far as certificiates go, MAG has 3 certificates, Mesa, Freedom and Air Midwest. If he wanted he could just put an RJ to keep the ZV certificate alive like they did with Freedom for a while.

My guess is you will see the assets sold off to another Beech operator and the crews integrated into the Mesa flying. From what I have heard YV is facing a major pilot crunch and will see a number of crews time out for the year in November.

fanoftristars

Tue May 29, 2007 2:18 pm

Quoting Pdxcof9 (Reply 14):
I'm sure skywest can get enough people for at least 1 daily flight to each of those destinations, SLC being a delta hub and all.

They didn't really have enough before; I think the service was part of a flight to SGU that stopped in CDC on the way, or on the way back. CDC does have a better runway though, SGU's is a little scary.
"FLY DELTA JETS"

Goldenshield
Topic Author

Tue May 29, 2007 8:11 pm

Quoting Fanoftristars (Reply 28):
CDC does have a better runway though, SGU's is a little scary.

Aww, come on. There's nothing like an 800 foot drop that makes you believe in the beauty of air travel.  Wink
Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions on a sesame seed bun.

Caspian27

Wed May 30, 2007 12:17 am

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 27):
Clearly the EAS flying doesn't generate enough of a profit (if at all) to justify keeping the operation. As far as certificiates go, MAG has 3 certificates, Mesa, Freedom and Air Midwest. If he wanted he could just put an RJ to keep the ZV certificate alive like they did with Freedom for a while.

My guess is you will see the assets sold off to another Beech operator and the crews integrated into the Mesa flying. From what I have heard YV is facing a major pilot crunch and will see a number of crews time out for the year in November.

The big rumor about 3 months ago was that Great Lakes or Big Sky was buying Air Midwest. Apparently they even had people come and tour MCI ops. Turns out they wanted just the planes, not the certificate. (All of Big Sky's aircraft are leased from Mesa) It appears the offer wasn't valuable enough.

It would be interesting to have RJ's on the ZV certificate though.
Meanwhile, somewhere 35,000 ft above your head...

FATFlyer

Wed May 30, 2007 3:47 am

This quote about the VIS/MCE cancellation has me trying to figure out a few things.

Quote:
In Visalia and Merced, the federal government pays the airline up to $200 per passenger but even that is not enough to offset the increase in fuel and other expenses, said Jeffrey Hartz, planning manager for the Phoenix-based Mesa Air Group.

"When we bid this contract, fuel prices were substantially lower and we expected them to stay lower," he said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl.../a/2007/05/29/state/n095710D68.DTL

Someone help me. Mesa bid this contract in July 2006. What were aircraft fuel prices last year compared to say the last few months? Mesa has flown the route from Nov 2006 to the present.

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought fuel was tracking pretty close to the 2006 prices. Much higher than 2 or 3 years ago but actually fairly consistent for 2006 and 2007.

The quote sounds like someone expected fuel prices to drop back to much older prices and stay there over a 2 year contract. Isn't that a bit optimistic?

ScottB

Wed May 30, 2007 6:31 am

Quoting Dsuairptman (Reply 26):
When it comes to business plans, JO is a sharp guy and he wouldn't let a future oppurtunity involving the ZV cert. to pass by.

Perhaps, but that didn't keep him from shutting down CCAir several years back.

Quoting Caspian27 (Reply 24):
If they really are planning to consolidate ops in the midwest that is a smart move considering the logistical nightmare of planes and crews right now.

That sounds completely logical; it just seems like far too complex of an operation given the amount of revenue and/or profitability it brings in.

flyingcat

Wed May 30, 2007 7:16 am

Quoting USXguy (Reply 23):

Your comparing apples to oranges. Mesa capacity is purchased by US they can manipulate the inventory anyway they want it. Colgan, Air Midwest, and Trans States are at will carriers. They choose or bid the routes, lose money if they are not successful and pay US for use of the res systems and licensing fees for the name. The at will carriers, and most certainly purchased capacity never had direct connections to manipulate inventory in Sabre or Shares. All their decisions were entered by US employees.

Analysts at US are bachelors and masters level so I do not know why you think they are 19 and know nothing.

If any inventory analyst has been at Mesa for years, they are dumber than they think the people at US are.  silly 

P.S. I signed up for airliners to set the record straight Nothing personal, just like the facts and am happy when I can share them with fellow enthusiasts

highliner2

Wed May 30, 2007 7:30 am

Quoting USXguy (Reply 20):
Sounds like what Quincy and Marion have done to RegionsAir, considering their close relationships to a powerful U.S. Senator... "anyone but RegionsAir" unfortunately meant no one.

Your absolutely right, what a piss-poor bit of foresight by everyone involved. What I don't understand is this: Great Lakes jerked the State of IL and the local airport authorities around for months on end regarding the intrastate service until everyone got fed up and bought in Mesa. What exactly did Great Lakes do to inspire confidence that they could take the Regions service? Not a single thing. Now we have no service and Great Lakes looks like a real joke around here. Nice job and hats off all-around. No air service from MWA is MUCH better than Regions. Again - GREAT JOB!!!!
Go Cubs!

travatl

Wed May 30, 2007 7:42 am

I can't imagine FMN without Mesa there. Not only is it their birthplace, but they spent so many years running every other airline out of there.
1 Interview. 24 years. 3 Airlines.

FCYTravis

Wed May 30, 2007 7:44 am

Quoting Flyingcat (Reply 33):
Your comparing apples to oranges. Mesa capacity is purchased by US they can manipulate the inventory anyway they want it.

USXguy knows of what he speaks. Air Midwest capacity is not purchased by US. All Air Midwest flights are operated under at-risk contracts.
USAir A321 service now departing for SFO with fuel stops in CAK, COS and RNO. Enjoy your flight.

asuflyer05

Wed May 30, 2007 8:57 am

Quoting Flyingcat (Reply 33):
Mesa capacity is purchased by US they can manipulate the inventory anyway they want it.

Quoting FCYTravis (Reply 36):
Air Midwest capacity is not purchased by US.

My understanding is you are both correct. YV capacity is purchased by US, ZV capacity is not. Basically Dash 8 and up are controlled by US.

FCYTravis

Wed May 30, 2007 9:17 am

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 37):
My understanding is you are both correct. YV capacity is purchased by US, ZV capacity is not. Basically Dash 8 and up are controlled by US.

Right, and we're not talking about YV flights - we're talking about ZV capacity here. That makes Flyingcat incorrect  Wink

usxguy

Wed May 30, 2007 9:21 am

And FMN-PHX is a capacity purchase agreement with HP as well, so I am not sure if they are going to cut that route or not.

When I say "Mesa" I'm talking of the umbrella company. ZV, while it has an office in Wichita, is actually ran by the planning dept in Phoenix.... SOC in PHX controls all the Mesa Airlines & Freedom Air flights, for example. Mesa tries to control as much as possible from PHX.

And yes, they had the ability to go into US Sabre and change their inventory at anytime, anyflight, anywhere. On the HPX side, they can't.

And regarding the inventory guys at HP, I didn't mean to slam the entire department, but they're definitely a lot more wet behind the ears than at other airlines. And I know of a few people in there that do NOT have a college degree.
xx

FATFlyer

Wed May 30, 2007 10:31 am

Quoting USXguy (Reply 39):
And FMN-PHX is a capacity purchase agreement with HP as well, so I am not sure if they are going to cut that route or not.

ZV filed a 90 day cancellation notice for FMN-PHX on 5/22. That means they want service to end some time after August 19
http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf101/470202_web.pdf

SpencerII

Wed May 30, 2007 2:34 pm

I wonder if Big Sky will again try to get the contracts, only maybe they could fly under the Delta Connection Banner into SLC from VEL CNY CDC ELY & FMN (i think OO's Brasilias are much to large for markets such as this...yes even for CDC

imapilotaz

Thu May 31, 2007 2:21 am

Quoting FATFlyer (Reply 40):
Quoting USXguy (Reply 39):

ZV filed a 90 day cancellation notice for FMN-PHX on 5/22. That means they want service to end some time after August 19
http://dmses.dot.gov/docimages/pdf10...b.pdf

FMN-PHX is not a capacity purchase agreement, and FAT, read the submission closer. It does not mention PHX whatsoever. It only mentions ABQ. Mesa did not pull its AZ bid, and rumor has it, will be awarded Prescott & Kingman any day.

FATFlyer

Thu May 31, 2007 2:41 am

Ooops, right. My mistake. I misread USXGuy's post. My mind read it as ABQ.  blockhead   blush 

usxguy

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:39 am

Well FMN's boardings have plummeted since 1995. In 2005, they only boarded 29,226 passengers, a 64% drop from the 80,000 they used to board.

And fuel prices continue to skyrocket at an unfair pace. In 2005, a gallon of Jet A was $1.1799 while a barrel of crude was $42.16. May 30th, the cost of Jet A was $2.025 / gal and cost of a barrel of oil is $63.47. So while oil went up only 51%, the cost of Jet A went up 72%.

Shouldn't the 2 go hand-in-hand??!!??
xx

SkyexRamper

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:45 am

Don't forget that Great Lakes also was awarded the EAS contracts to replace Skyway out of MKE. But no word on when they'll be taking over our flying.
Good Luck to all Skyway Pilots! It's been great working with you!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos