cptGirmayTesfa
Topic Author

Copa Airlines Announces 2007 Expansion Plans

Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:54 pm

From Copa's webiste:

PANAMA, MAY 31, 2007 – Copa Airlines, subsidiary of Copa Holdings, S.A., (NYSE: CPA), has announced that it will increase flight frequencies this summer to eight cities in the Americas, in some cases offering up to four daily schedules. Weekly frequencies will increase as follows:

Destinations from Panama Weekly Flights
San José 28 35
Guatemala 28 35
Managua 21 28
San Salvador 7 14
Orlando 6 11
Miami 14 20
Cancún 5 10
Lima 14 21

With the new frequencies, Copa will operate a total of 126 daily departures from its Hub of the Americas in Panama to 40 destinations in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean.

“The increase in destinations and flight frequencies enables our passengers to make good use of their travel time from start to finish, whether they are flying to or from Panama, or connecting to other flights at Copa’s Hub of the Americas in Panama,” said Pedro Heilbron, CEO, Copa Airlines. “Our new flights will contribute to the growth of trade and business relationships in the region, as well as promote tourism, helping to drive economic development.”

The airline also recently announced the launch of new nonstop flights between its hub in Panama and four cities in the Americas during 2007. New destinations previously announced for summer 2007 are Washington, D.C.; Punta Cana, Dominican Republic; Guadalajara, Mexico; and Cordoba, Argentina.

The Hub of the Americas continues to grow, making Panama the best hub for passengers traveling in the Americas. Some flight schedules and numbers will need to be modified as frequencies are increased. Copa suggests passengers verify new schedules and flight numbers in the flight information section of www.copaair.com, or by consulting their travel agents.

About Copa Holdings

Copa Airlines, with a fleet of 30 aircraft, offers over 110 daily flights to 36 destinations in 21 countries in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean. Copa also provides access to an additional 120 international destinations through code-share agreements with Continental Airlines and other airlines. For more information, visit www.copaair.com.

About the Hub of the Americas

The Hub of the Americas offers convenient flight schedules designed for connecting times of less than 90 minutes, bags checked to the passenger’s final travel destination, and a variety of duty-free shops. Clase Ejecutiva (Business Class) passengers have access to the Presidents Club jointly operated by Copa Airlines and Continental Airlines.

juanchito

RE: Copa Airlines Announces 2007 Expansion Plans

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:09 am

Good to see CM expanding. GUA will have a 5 daily flights thats really good news to me. But what happen to POS. I called yesterday for some information and the Hold recorder said to ask for the POS flights. When I ask the lady that answer me, she didn't have a clue.

Juanchito
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/

incitatus

Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:13 am

Quoting CptGirmayTesfa (Thread starter):
The Hub of the Americas continues to grow, making Panama the best hub for passengers traveling in the Americas.

Sorry, that spot belongs to Miami.
I do not consume Murdoch products including the Wall Street Journal

juanchito

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:37 am

Quoting Incitatus (Reply 2):

Not for travellers. I prefer to go through PTY than MIA, the only advantage MIA has is al of flight they have. Almost to any city in the Americas.

Juanchito

Pu752

Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:59 am

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 3):
Not for travellers. I prefer to go through PTY than MIA, the only advantage MIA has is al of flight they have. Almost to any city in the Americas.

Its not about what you prefer, its about what the numbers say.

juanchito

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:50 am

Quoting PU752 (Reply 4):
Its not about what you prefer, its about what the numbers say.

I know that but, but most of the people would rather go to PTY than MIA.
For Example:

GUA-MIA-EZE
Customs
5423 mi
AA Price USD 1822.70

GUA-PTY-EZE
No Customs
4157 mi
CM Price USD 1,401.60

Prices are for the same day
So I would save USD 421.10 and about 7 to 8 hours and get free food.
Just my opinion

Juanchito

jfk777

Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:55 am

Copa is a great ambassador for Panama, it shows what a latin american airline should be. It may be time for Copa to buy 787 and fly them to EZE, GRU and SCL, and start service to Europe via Madrid and Paris.

Pu752

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:11 am

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 5):
I know that but, but most of the people would rather go to PTY than MIA.
For Example:

GUA-MIA-EZE
Customs
5423 mi
AA Price USD 1822.70

GUA-PTY-EZE
No Customs
4157 mi
CM Price USD 1,401.60

Just my opinion

Of course, it also depends on distances too it doesnt make sense going to MIA if you're in Central America going to South America if you can go through PTY.
My point was that MIA still the main hub for the Americas.

MAH4546

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:13 am

Note that MIA is increased to only 20 weekly flights instead of 21 weekly (like when it was originally loaded). That is because that 21st frequency will still be launched, but instead of being from Panama City, it will be non-stop from David, Panama.
a.

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:17 am

GUA-MIA-EZE
Customs
5423 mi
AA Price USD 1822.70

GUA-PTY-EZE
No Customs
4157 mi
CM Price USD 1,401.60

May I know which days?

Just my opinion

And a respectable as anyone else.
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:27 am

Quoting Jfk777 (Reply 6):
Copa is a great ambassador for Panama, it shows what a latin american airline should be

Take a look at this info and the video.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=5357674
'Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind'. Albert Einstein

juanchito

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:28 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 9):
May I know which days?

June 10 to June 16

Juanchito

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:32 am

Quoting Juanchito (Reply 11):

June 10 to June 16

Thanks!

With TACA

Seleccionar | 1.327,10 $ e
08:20 Guatemala Ciudad ( GUA)
03:40 Buenos Aires ( EZE)
+1 día(s)
Lacsa (LR) OP

* 16:20
* 2 parada(s)
* Económica con restricciones
* detalles del vuelo

06:45 Buenos Aires ( EZE)
19:50 Guatemala Ciudad ( GUA)
Taca Intl Airlines (TA) OP

* 16:05
* 2 parada(s)
* Económica con restricciones
* detalles del vuelo

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:47 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 9):

With AA you get more miles in your FF, meals between MIA / EZE and vice versa, and bigger and most comfortable planes. [There is nothing in writing about taste].

FLYACYYZ

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:48 am

Weren't there some rumblings regarding Toronto, or like so many others, are they restricted in the absence of proper bilateral agreements??
Above and Beyond

MAH4546

Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:49 am

AA does not charge for food on flights to South America and the West Indies, even on short hops to Maracaibo.
a.

incitatus

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:02 am

Huh? What makes you think I am not a traveller?

I have been to PTY as recent as last year and yes, Copa has a nice operation that connects many places. It remains to be seen if they can continue to expand and make money at places like Manaus, Cordoba, Brasilia, etc. PTY the airport falls in the scale between dingy and Ok. The whole place has the air of Ciudad del Este, Paraguay. Now, that is not to say Miami is a great airport. It is not. For facilities MIA may even get a lower grade than PTY. For connectivity there is no comparison.

juanchito

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:15 am

Quoting Incitatus (Reply 16):
For connectivity there is no comparison.

This is the advantage MIA gets.

Juanchito

luisca

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:18 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 10):
Quoting Jfk777 (Reply 6):
Copa is a great ambassador for Panama, it shows what a latin american airline should be

Take a look at this info and the video.

Sh#t happens, sure Copa handled this situation horribly, but this does not happen everyday nor can the service the airline provides be judge by one screw up which is not ENTIRELY their fault. Weather, Crew maxing out on time and customs availability on arrival were all involved, the airline should have handled this situation a lo better but I am certain they did what they thought was best at the time. It all went downhill but what do you want them to do? go on to Lax and break several different FARs and ICAO regs?

At least it was only one flight and not dozens like JetBlue in Valentines day.

Hub of the Americas is the promotional name that CM uses for PTY, it has nothing to do with numbers or your opinion, its just a nickname created by CM marketing.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 13):
With AA you get more miles in your FF, meals between MIA / EZE and vice versa, and bigger and most comfortable planes. [There is nothing in writing about taste].

Trust me, after transferring in the US I will never ever do that again, they made me carry my overweight bags all around to re check in for another flight, whenever a choice is given between connecting in the US towards a third country and avoiding the US Most people will avoid it, especially MIA.

TACA, we all know you have a hatred towards CM and will take any opportunity to bash it, that is your right and you probably have your reasons why you hate them and they may be perfectly valid, but to say that it is better to connect in MIA is completely ridiculous, I am sure you know that.

And about the LAX incident I am disappointed at how CM handled it, but you cant deny that sometimes shit happens and people have to make decisions in very little time, probably the reason why they didn't provide hotels for people was because most Latins are required a visa to enter Mexico. There must have been a reason why they landed at TIJ and not SAN, please continue discussion on the LAX subject in this thread:
Copa LAX Pax Stuck In TIJ For 14hours. (by Laxintl Jun 1 2007 in Civil Aviation)

and lets leave this one for the purpose it was written for.
If it ain't Boeing (or Embraer ;-)) I ain't Going!

adriaticus

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:24 am

Not for travellers. I prefer to go through PTY than MIA,

Agree with Juanchito. Miami implies backtracking for all connections between South America and the Southern USA (except FL and the Gulf coast), Mexico, and all of Central America. Plus -depending on the terminal- one of the most annoying and inefficient immigration and security screening services around!

PTY Rules!!

Slightly off-topic... When will CM become associate member of SkyMiles, in order to gain Elite status (DL MQM, e.g.) flying on CM-coded flights? Does anyone know?

__Ad.
A300/18/19/20/21/30/32/88 An24 ATR42/72 B721/2 B732/3/G/8/MAX B741/2/4 B752 B762/3/4 B772/3 B788/9 Concorde DC8/9/10 E45/70/75/90/95 IL62/86 MD10-30/11 SA340/2000 TU134/154

luisca

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:27 am

I have been to PTY as recent as last year

I hope by last year you mean January 1st 06 becouse if not then im calling BS  redflag 

PTY the airport falls in the scale between dingy and Ok. The whole place has the air of Ciudad del Este, Paraguay.

The airport has been completely renovated, Glass walls, ceramic flooring, new lighting with more natural light, modernized gate counters with LCD status screens, double waiting and circulation area in the central concourse, new jetways, major face lifts, granite bathrooms, etc, MIA is far worse with the old carpets and crowded corridors.

Take a look at http://www.tocumen.aero and see for yourself.

incitatus

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:19 am

Quoting Luisca (Reply 20):
I hope by last year you mean January 1st 06 becouse if not then im calling BS

Yes when I was there the construction was not done, but the end result was visible. Are you trying to say the passenger experience at PTY was transformed by another half a dozen gates and a high ceiling? Yeah, right...

Quoting Luisca (Reply 18):
Trust me, after transferring in the US I will never ever do that again, they made me carry my overweight bags all around to re check in for another flight, whenever a choice is given between connecting in the US towards a third country and avoiding the US Most people will avoid it, especially MIA.

People avoid Miami. I avoid Miami. The fact that it still has so much traffic is proof that it is on a league of its own and that to call PTY the best hub for the Americas is just laughable.

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:24 am

Quoting Luisca (Reply 20):
MIA is far worse with the old carpets and crowded corridors.

PTY better than MIA ?

In some way maybe. But MIA is still a good airport, always improving for better.

http://www.miami-airport.com/index.html

but to say that it is better to connect in MIA is completely ridiculous, I am sure you know that.

No. It's not. And I am telling you why. Among many other things, MIA offers more choices to South America, like LA, AA, JJ, than PTY. More flights arriving from Europe, that can connect with other flights inside the U.S. . the Caribbean and LatAm.

Luisca. It is simply not ridiculous.

And about the LAX incident I am disappointed at how CM handled it

Definitely. Me too.

but you cant deny that sometimes shit happens

And in such cases an airline can demonstrate if they improvising or not.

Not quite long ago, and I told that here [at A.net], something similar happened to me in the route MIA/PTY/SJO. We left MIA around 15:00 hours, and I arrived to SJO at 04:00 next day. Really awful. But as you truly said "shit happens".

Sometimes unfortunately quite often.

luisca

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:41 am

Quoting Incitatus (Reply 21):
call PTY the best hub for the Americas is just laughable

Nobody said it was the best hub for the Americas, again Hub Of The Americas is a marketing slogan, entirely made up by CM, It is my opinion CM is very convenient for connections.

Yes when I was there the construction was not done, but the end result was visible. Are you trying to say the passenger experience at PTY was transformed by another half a dozen gates and a high ceiling? Yeah, right...

The main complaint at PTY was lack of space to move around and that the duty free shops were taking so much space that people had trouble walking, Now the duty free stores are out of the way and the hallways are wider, Terminal 2 will be completed in 2009, I just travelled to PTY 2 days ago and YES the travel experience is a LOT IMPROVED. Better than any airport in the region, and defiantly better than concourse C (or D which one is AA for Latin America?) in MIA.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 22):
Sometimes unfortunately quite often.

If it is that often then why does CM have the highest on time score in Central America?

Once my CM flight to MIA was six hours late out of PTY and they gave us Meal vouchers, offered to take us to a nearby Hotel (I declined, went home) and called us with an estimated time of when to come back to the airport, All in all they handled it well. I think CM has a problem with non PTY staff.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 22):
PTY better than MIA ?

In some way maybe. But MIA is still a good airport, always improving for better

Obviously MIA is a mammoth airport, and No doubt there are more options, but CMs market is those people who dont care about options, they just want to go from A to B without having to connect in MIA. And again PTY is better than concourse C or D in MIA.

MAH4546

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:57 am

Quoting Luisca (Reply 23):
And again PTY is better than concourse C or D in MIA.

Concourse D low gates? Yes.

Concourse D high gates? No.

And Concourse C closes in a few months, finally.
a.

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:02 am

If it is that often then why does CM have the highest on time score in Central America?

Really?
Prove it. Please give me the source.

Once my CM flight to MIA was six hours late out of PTY and they gave us Meal vouchers, offered to take us to a nearby Hotel (I declined, went home) and called us with an estimated time of when to come back to the airport, All in all they handled it well. I think CM has a problem with non PTY staff.

Any airline when is late gives meal vouchers and hotel accommodations because is a regulation. The defunct Air Madrid did it more than any other airline.

Obviously MIA is a mammoth airport, and No doubt there are more options, but CMs market is those people who dont care about options, they just want to go from A to B without having to connect in MIA.

MIA is indeed a huge airport.
"CMs market is those people who dont care about options..." BS. Everybody want options in life.
"they just want to go from A to B without having to connect in MIA." More BS.

The new version is that "PTY is better tha MIA, but just compared with concourse C or D". Where did you get such info?

hardiwv

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:02 am

I just travelled to PTY 2 days ago and YES the travel experience is a LOT IMPROVED. Better than any airport in the region

You must be dreaming! Well, perhaps you mean by region Central America. Then you may be right.

Rgs

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:17 am

Better than any airport in the region, and defiantly[sic] better than concourse C (or D which one is AA for Latin America?) in MIA.

Are you serious?
Which region? LatAm? Be serious.

Just take a look at this again:

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 24):

Concourse D low gates? Yes.

Concourse D high gates? No.

And Concourse C closes in a few months, finally.

luisca

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:27 am

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 26):
perhaps you mean by region Central America

Yes.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 25):
Any airline when is late gives meal vouchers and hotel accommodations because is a regulation. The defunct Air Madrid did it more than any other airline.

All I said is they handled the situation well, it is too hard for you to accept this?

"CMs market is those people who dont care about options..." BS. Everybody want options in life.
"they just want to go from A to B without having to connect in MIA." More BS.

Why BS, cant you accept that some people dont have the time or the patience (or the Visa) to connect in MIA? This is the core of CM and your beloved TA's business.

Really?
Prove it. Please give me the source

Quote:
Copa Airlines is ranked high in service and reliability. Its young, 30-plane fleet consists mostly of Boeing (NYSE:BA) 737s and a growing number of Embraer (NYSE:ERJ) 190s. The carrier scored 91% in on-time performance in the first quarter

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/...cles/newstex/IBD-0001-17101691.htm

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:43 am

Quoting Luisca (Reply 28):

Yes.

Still doubt it. I think is SAL. But is just a personal believe.

All I said is they handled the situation well, it is too hard for you to accept this?

No. But they were just doing their job. Once again "their job", nothing "extraordinaire" or "heroic".

Quote:
Copa Airlines is ranked high in service and reliability. Its young, 30-plane fleet consists mostly of Boeing (NYSE:BA) 737s and a growing number of Embraer (NYSE:ERJ) 190s. The carrier scored 91% in on-time performance in the first quarter

And you said:

That's different compared with what the article says. TA also managed quite similar on time scores. Sometime better, some other times don't

LipeGIG

Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:58 am

Quoting CptGirmayTesfa (Thread starter):
Copa Airlines, with a fleet of 30 aircraft, offers over 110 daily flights to 36 destinations in 21 countries in North, Central and South America and the Caribbean

And imagine how many destinations they can add ! Only in Brazil they can focus on CNF, BSB, FOR, SSA, REC (subject to more frequencies on bilateral). Amazing how they develop a very profitable operation.

Thanks for sharing.

Felipe
New York + Rio de Janeiro = One of the best combinations !

TACAA320

Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Of course. And I know that shit happen.

"
May 31, 2007 (KABC-TV) - A refueling stop in Tijuana turned into a 14-hour ordeal for more than 150 passengers on a Copa Airlines flight.

They were traveling from Panama City in Panama to LAX. The flight was supposed to arrive at 12:09 a.m. on Thursday morning at LAX. But it didn't arrive until Thursday afternoon.

The passengers say they were left stranded in the terminal with little food...
"

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=5357674

JoFMO

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:00 am

Maybe a little bit off topic, but which airline is bigger, Taca or Copa?

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:14 am

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 32):
Maybe a little bit off topic, but which airline is bigger, Taca or Copa?

Hard to determine.
Unfortunately I don't manage financial information in terms of assets [and debts of course]. Many aspects must be taken to determine that.

JoFMO

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:34 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 33):
Unfortunately I don't manage financial information in terms of assets [and debts of course]. Many aspects must be taken to determine that.

I would be more interested in fleet size, destinations (although I could find that out) and no. of passengers.

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:56 am

Quoting JoFMO (Reply 34):
fleet size

I prefer to talk about of number of seats. But I will try to find out some info for you [not promising anything, just will try].

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 2:19 am

The fact that it still has so much traffic is proof that it is on a league of its own and that to call PTY the best hub for the Americas is just laughable.

PTY is among the best in Central America and much better than some in South America ( I personally prefer SAL), BUT the best hub of the Americas is simply not true. "The Hub of the Americas" is just a name, a trademark of an airport called Tocumen.

MAH4546

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:18 am

Quoting LipeGIG (Reply 30):
And imagine how many destinations they can add ! Only in Brazil they can focus on CNF, BSB, FOR, SSA, REC (subject to more frequencies on bilateral). Amazing how they develop a very profitable operation.

Manaus has performed horribly, and Manaus is generally the biggest North America<->Brazil market outside of GIG/GRU. I don't see much oppurtunity for them in Brazil.
a.

Viscount724

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:27 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 36):
"The Hub of the Americas" is just a name, a trademark of an airport called Tocumen.

The term is also a play on words since North America and South America meet at Panama.

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:50 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 38):

The term is also a play on words since North America and South America meet at Panama.

North America meet South America at Central America, not at Panama. During the Colony Period, Panama belong to South America [more specifically to Colombia].

Your affirmation delete Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Costa Rica from the phase of the earth.

Viscount724

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:12 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 39):
North America meet South America at Central America, not at Panama. During the Colony Period, Panama belong to South America [more specifically to Colombia].

Central America isn't a continent. I was referring to the continents of North and South America. Dictionary definitions include Central America in the definition of North America.

[Edited 2007-06-02 21:17:28]

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 40):
Central America isn't a continent. I was referring to the continents of North and South America. Dictionary definitions include Central America in the definition of North America.

Right. Central America is not a continent.

The continents, according what I learned are: America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania.

But I must admit that there are different thesis or positions in this regard.

[BTW: Central America is not part of Central America, not historically nor geographically]. It's an isthmus.

hardiwv

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:51 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 37):
Manaus has performed horribly, and Manaus is generally the biggest North America<->Brazil market outside of GIG/GRU. I don't see much oppurtunity for them in Brazil

Perhaps MAO performed horribly because TAM started nonstop MAO-MIA about the same time CM started its flights in MAO. Other destinations such as BSB, CNF, or REC could work better.

If MAO is performing so horribly for CM why dont they simply drop the flight? I am yet to see evidence of CM's poor performance in MAO.

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 36):
PTY is among the best in Central America

Add SJO to the list.

Rgs,

Viscount724

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:14 am

Quoting TACAA320 (Reply 41):
The continents, according what I learned are: America, Europe, Asia, Africa and Oceania.

But I must admit that there are different thesis or positions in this regard.

[BTW: Central America is not part of Central America, not historically nor geographically]. It's an isthmus.

I think you will find that most geographical sources consider that there are 7 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica. I guess there are some variations.

Assume you mean "Panama" is not part of Central America. IATA has always included Panama in the definition of South America for fare construction and similar purposes. It's always caused some confusion as many people think of it as more closely related to Central America.

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:36 am

Quoting Viscount724 (Reply 43):

I think you will find that most geographical sources consider that there are 7 continents: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Antarctica. I guess there are some variations.

As I told you before, there are different criteria in this regard.

And I respect [don't share, but respect] all.

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:40 am

Quoting Hardiwv (Reply 42):
Add SJO to the list.

I will Hardiwi!

MAH4546

Sun Jun 03, 2007 6:27 am

If MAO is performing so horribly for CM why dont they simply drop the flight? I am yet to see evidence of CM's poor performance in MAO.

It was supposed to be a daily 73G. It launched as 5x weekly 73G. It quickly dropped to 5x weekly E90. It will soon become a 4x weekly E90.

What more evidence do you need?
a.

asuflyer05

Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:48 am

Does anyone have traffic figures on PHX-PTY? I am curious as there seems to be a lack of options PHX-Central America without backtracking through Houston or Dallas.

MAH4546

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:00 am

Quoting Asuflyer05 (Reply 47):
Does anyone have traffic figures on PHX-PTY? I am curious as there seems to be a lack of options PHX-Central America without backtracking through Houston or Dallas.

I don't have traffic figures, but I promise you the market is very small.
a.

TACAA320

Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:12 am

Quoting MAH4546 (Reply 46):

Not quite long ago, I flew SJO / PTY / MAO with CM. The service was good [nothing "extraordinaire" but "good"], but too much time in a relative small plane [I'm 6,1'] without IFE [too boring]. In a few words "never again".

The last time, about a month ago, I flew again there via MIA with JJ. What a world of difference! Even in service, and in a more appropriate plane for such a long flight.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos