Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TK787
Topic Author

Turkish Aviation June 2007

Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:34 am

Merhaba to all,
A new month and a new Turkish Aviation thread. To sum up last months topics:
-IST-KUL flights? Anything new?
-TK's decision on 787/350/777 this September?
-Leasing of 319s and 332s for TK?
-343 being refurbished?
-TK's IST-JNB-CPT is back
-Batumi, Georgia flights started, Aleppo next?
-What is the latest on SAW?
-TK/LH/OS codeshares are going on.
-Onur might be getting 330s.
-"Wing" is in the army now.
-As I have asked beginning of this year, being an election year, what will be the effects of this election outcome on TK?

Thanks for all your input.

debonair

RE: Turkish Aviation June 2007

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:04 am

Quoting TK787 (Thread starter):
Merhaba to all,
A new month and a new turkish Aviation thread.

...and next question: what is doing FLY AIR??? back to the skies???

Cheers chriX

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:00 am

Quoting Debonair (Reply 1):
what is doing FLY AIR???

From the news on June 1st, the owner Mehmet Hasancebi explains that they have 2 planes ready to fly with new paint jobs. As of last week filed their flight schedules with the Turkish FA and waiting for to take it "back to the skies".

-Also the number of TK 738s with winglets are up to 8 now. It would be a total 26 when done, right?
-Any ideas when the Atlasjets 7x A320s will be back from Saudia? Same with their 757 from Eritrean, also Onur has some with Saudia, and few others. If not now in the busy summer season, when?

illusion

Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:01 am

Greetings from Ankara...

Not much of an answer to your questions from my side but a couple of news from ESB...

With the new Esenboga Terminal the level of service to passengers got much much better so the only problem left for Ankara is that this new terminal is simply empty. With the summer 2007 season many European Charters started to fly back to ESB but still not many international flights from/to ESB...

Ankara could be a good hub for cargo and transit flights... Air Blue started fuel stops at ESB for UK - Pakistan flights... We'll see if more will come...

Kind Regards
just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there...

ThereandBack

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:01 am

Why does TK fly into ORL instead of CDG? Do any of you know?

I hope to fly from FRA to BJV on TK or SunExpress this summer and BJV to ESB and I will make a trip report because I think there hasn't been one to ESB's new terminal yet.

cmoltay

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:03 am

Greetings to all participants of the Turkish Aviation Forum,

As an introduction of myself, I'd like to say that I'm fairly new to aviation as a hobby and newer to airliners.net as a member. I'm an engineer, living in Istanbul, w/o any relation to the aviation industry.

I have been curious for some time regarding the legal status of plane spotting in Turkey, apart from the famous "Flyinn Experience", are there any known rules on the issue?

I have realized that for some time now Atakoy runway is not being used or used very little for landings over the city, is this due to the law suit by the residents of Atakoy or some other factor or am I mistaken in my observation?

Coutilization of the Batumi airport between Georgia and Turkey reminds me of the Aachen-Enschede airport, I hope this will benefit the region to create some welfare.

Waiting eagerly for some discussion on Turkish aviation,

Regards,

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:10 am

ThereandBack,
Your summer travel plans sound great, waiting for the TR's. In terms of ESB, it might be a bit ahead of its time but the capital needed a well deserved upgrade, and it will get used in the future.

Cmoltay,
Welcome to the a.net,
In regards to spotting in IST, in the years back I used to go to the abandoned park by the beach (36R) with sandwiches, cameras, and mom. As usual people thought we were weird, left us alone, including the military personnel. But again this was a long time ago.
About the runway, you mean 6/24? Last month I have landed on 06 with DL and seemed like it gets used regularly. In terms of 24 usage I have seen it only a few times, maybe someone else can let us know more about that.

LAXintl

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:22 am

Quoting ThereAndBack (Reply 4):
Why does TK fly into ORL instead of CDG? Do any of you know?

TK has served Orly for many decades. In many ways Orly is the preferred airport as it not only closer to the city center but also has always offered much more domestic connectivity.

I dont see TK moving to CDG as there really is no need to be located at a Skyteam hub. Having said this tough I know many Star carriers are trying to collocate under one roof at CDG 1 with TAP being the biggest notable exception preferring to retain its ORY ops.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

ThereandBack

Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:00 pm

http://www.thy.com/en-INT/corporate/skylife/article.aspx?mkl=450
That the Skylife article on the new TK lounge in ESB. It looks small and not nearly as nice as the one in IST.Is the permanent or is that seriously the new lounge?

TurkishWings

Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:34 pm

-TK's IST-JNB-CPT is back

This is the best news for me... I am happy that they reintroduced the route... Last time I flew to CPT, I had to go via FRA and this extends the journey time by at least 5-6 hours including the layover there....

The schedule is already in the online timetable: It's very similar to their previous schedule...I flew this route back in 2001.

IST-JNB-CPT (as of 17/09/2007)
Days: 1.....6.
TK 80
23:45 - 08:10 (IST-JNB)
09:15- 11:25 (JNB-CPT)

CPT-JNB-IST (as of 18/09/2007)
Days:..2.....7
TK 81
16:15 - 18:15 (CPT-JNB)
19:25 - 06:15 (JNB-IST)

Aircraft: A 340-300

While going through the timetable, I also noticed 2 of the 4 weekly flights to LJU (Ljubljana) goes through ZAG (Zagreb). This is not very usual for TK. Probably due to low load factors to LJU?

Quoting TK787 (Reply 2):
Any ideas when the Atlasjets 7x A320s will be back from Saudia?

As far as I heard, they will stay there for another few months at least.. A friend of mine works for Atlas Jet and she has been based in Riyadh for a while... I didn't know the planes were wet-leased... She is not unhappy though  Smile
Coffee - Tea or Me?

emrecan

Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:48 pm

Selamlar,

Welcome all new A.net Turkish members...

On www.airporthaber.com it was told that the refurbishment of the A343s were not completed due to some problems. Also on that site they were blaming TK for those problems. I don't find that website very reliable because they are always against TK. I guess our friends from TK can inform us about A343s much better.

Regarding IST, are 36R and 36L still used simultaneously?

Herkese iyi gunler

Emrecan

[Edited 2007-06-05 10:50:08]

stylo777

Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:15 pm

TK's decision on 787/350/777 this September?

some days ago I had a interesting conversation in Frankfurt with Candan Karlitekin regarding this order. Sure he couldn't give the details and the actual position of TK, but it seemed that TK will go for Airbus due to success of the A340 as well as the A330 on long-haul operations. He also mentioned that the decision is very difficult and will take more time than expected.

Quoting Debonair (Reply 1):
...and next question: what is doing FLY AIR??? back to the skies???

please ban this airline and all of the people behind it forever! this is just another attempt to destroy the very well developed Turkish aviation. It makes me angry when I hear such news...  biting 

Quoting ThereAndBack (Reply 4):

I hope to fly from FRA to BJV on TK or SunExpress this summer and BJV to ESB and I will make a trip report because I think there hasn't been one to ESB's new terminal yet.

please let me - a FRA based a.netter  Wink - know when you'll be here.

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 10):
Regarding IST, are 36R and 36L still used simultaneously?

as far as I know they are used simultaneously for take-off and arrival, but I could be wrong.

Boogyjay

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:02 pm

Quoting Emrecan (Reply 10):
On www.airporthaber.com it was told that the refurbishment of the A343s were not completed due to some problems. Also on that site they were blaming TK for those problems. I don't find that website very reliable because they are always against TK. I guess our friends from TK can inform us about A343s much better.

I don't think TK is to be blamed on that. AFAIK, TK has been very professional in their program management as well as technically. The truth is that Panasonic had many problems with the installation (design of integration into the airframe defective, missing cables, etc). You have to remember this is the first integration of this system in an A340.
It's being resolved but takes time.

stylo777

Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:50 pm

Quoting BoogyJay (Reply 12):
I don't think TK is to be blamed on that. AFAIK, TK has been very professional in their program management as well as technically. The truth is that Panasonic had many problems with the installation (design of integration into the airframe defective, missing cables, etc). You have to remember this is the first integration of this system in an A340.
It's being resolved but takes time.

very good point  thumbsup   checkmark 

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:03 pm

Quoting TurkishWings (Reply 9):
The schedule is already in the online timetable: It's very similar to their previous schedule..

According to the TK website, Skylife magazine, the flights are 3xweekly:
http://www.thy.com/tr-TR/corporate/skylife/article.aspx?mkl=441

TurkishWings

Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:22 pm

Quoting TK787 (Reply 14):
According to the TK website, Skylife magazine, the flights are 3xweekly:

I got the schedule from TK website too.. They have their summer timetable in the website. Take a look at the PDF document.
Coffee - Tea or Me?

cmoltay

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:18 am

-Onur might be getting 330s.

In an article at this link: http://www.airhaber.com/?p=2539 (unfortunately only in Turkish), it is said that Onur Air will be getting two of their 330s at the beginning of the 2007 winter season and they'll use them to fly to Far East as part of a cooperation with Air Asia... In total 13 new airliners to be procured are mentioned, 10 of which are A320 / A321s and the remaining are A330s....

Regards,

robcol99

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:30 am

The A340 interior refurbishment is on its way. The first one should be finished soon, (in France), the others will be completed in Turkey. On Wed and Sat. THY flies to JFK with A330 instead of the A340 to accommodate for aircraft scheduling.

ThereandBack

Wed Jun 06, 2007 2:56 am

Quoting Robcol99 (Reply 17):
The first one should be finished soon, (in France), the others will be completed in Turkey.

Do you know why one is being done in France and the rest are being finished in Turkey? Also, which A340 is being refurbished?

LTAC03R

Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:20 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 6):
Last month I have landed on 06 with DL and seemed like it gets used regularly. In terms of 24 usage I have seen it only a few times, maybe someone else can let us know more about that.

as a matter of fact it's used pretty often, we just don't hear of as many planes going off the end  Big grin
The difference between god and a pilot is that god doesn't think he is a pilot.

jimyvr

Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:23 pm

TK/LH/OS codeshares are going on.

I wonder which codeshares cities will LH pick for the phase 3 from the winter timetable for 07/08.
1000 - 01MAR07 | http://airlineroute.blogspot.com/

stylo777

Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:31 pm

I want to add one thing which annoys me very much. Just 20 minutes ago I called the reservation line of XQ to change a ticket. The woman on the phone seemed very disinterested, bored and rude. Ok someone could say 'hey it wasn't her day', but I experience this everytime when I pick up the phone and call a hotline. The people don't really care about customer satisfaction or even gentleness. Maybe it is me who think about that, but I'm used to have different kind of customer care here in Germany. I think the airlines should think about it!

Anybody with the same opinion?

pilotaydin

Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:00 pm

stylo, i was just in FRA, we were a lil delayed as TK 1605/6 to ankara and they gave us V148 stand so i couldnt find anyone to ask about you Sad im sorry hopefully next time!

turkish aviation thread for june.... my flight schedule this month is 63 hours plus 10 reserves, which means ill hit 100 hours easy.....kinda rough but it's good stuff at the same time.

I saw the new hybrid sun express/thy 737-800 is DIY 2 days ago, they are flying pretty frequently and at capacity

i have one issue this month id like to bring up

ATC in eastern turkey needs a revamp IMMEDIATELY, we flew to DIY on radar vectors and they had us all over the place, too high too fast and overshoot the VOR radial inbound at high speed and altitude and had to pull a tight steep turn to come back around, most eastern ATC and radar is very weak.....
The only time there is too much fuel onboard, is when you're on fire!

Boogyjay

Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:36 pm

Quoting ThereAndBack (Reply 18):
Do you know why one is being done in France and the rest are being finished in Turkey? Also, which A340 is being refurbished?

The 1st aircraft is the prototype as far as the STC (Supplemental Type Certificate) is concerned. On any prototype, you find lots of discrepancies between your design and the aircraft so you often have problems to resolve. It's far better to do a cabin retrofit, especially when it involves a full IFE upgrade, in a completion center experienced in this type of retrofit. Full cabin-IFE retrofits are very specific jobs, different from the usual maintenance.
In the case of TK's A340s, the program integrator is Air France, so it's easiest to perform the mod at their own facilities, where they can be very reactive, taking advantage of their mx dept (wire manufacturing dept, equipment overhaul dept), but also available stocks, logistic dept, and of course the engineering dept.

IIRC, TC-JDJ is the prototype being retrofitted in ORY right now.

FYI, I'm not sure how many will be done by AF at ORY and how many by TK directly in IST. But the last discussions I'm aware of (they're maybe not the latest) were about 2 aircraft to be done by AF, and even possibly the whole fleet. I don't know what the latest outcome is.

robcol99

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:39 pm

Hey everyone,
Pilotaydin might know about this, but any info is welcome: What happened to new air routes project? Onur and Pegasus had a joint proposal to SHGM about adding more FIR routes and even using RNAV.
Any info on that?

gokmengs

Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:53 pm

Quoting BoogyJay (Reply 23):

Thanks for the insightful post, that answered a lot of questions.
My question is why it took so long for TK to refurbish the 340's. The plan was to do it as the 330's started coming to the fleet. I really question the motive behind spending all this money on a soon to be replaced a/c. But what do I know maybe TK will keep them for 10 more years.

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 22):
ATC in eastern turkey needs a revamp IMMEDIATELY, we flew to DIY on radar vectors and they had us all over the place, too high too fast and overshoot the VOR radial inbound at high speed and altitude and had to pull a tight steep turn to come back around, most eastern ATC and radar is very weak.....

Pilotaydin, I hear your worries and it is so sad that with the aviation market in turkey growing ever so fast, the infrastructure is still staying same. It is unfortunate that In Turkey it takes a disaster for people to start paying attention to these intangibles, that are so essential to the commercial aviation. Pathetic really
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

TK787
Topic Author

Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:07 pm

Quoting BoogyJay (Reply 23):
IIRC, TC-JDJ is the prototype being retrofitted in ORY right now.

Thanks for the info,
Well you know what this means, starting with the oldest 343 in the fleet. 14 years old JDJ might be around for another how long? Does this make any economical sense? Do we see the 343s in the fleet five years from now?
I mean, you take out planes out of service 45 days at a time, spend millions upgrading them, and few years later they are out of commission. On the other hand, even though too little too late, I would be enjoying the IFE immensely on JFK flights.

Other news,
Pegasus will fly red-eyes, 1x weekly to BLQ and 2x weekly to FCO from SAW between June24-Oct31, one way 80 euros.

Gokmengs, you beat me to it about the 343s.

[Edited 2007-06-06 16:10:11]

robcol99

Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:46 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 25):
But what do I know maybe TK will keep them for 10 more years.

As far as I know, THY does not intend to receive the new generation of long-haul aircraft before 2011.
In the meantime, they will try to add A332s and A343s (prob. second hand)
Side info, leased A343s were purchased and brought into the balance sheet. (they intend to keep them.)

Quoting TK787 (Reply 26):
I mean, you take out planes out of service 45 days at a time, spend millions upgrading them, and few years later they are out of commission.

JDJ will take 45 days, but the remaining aircraft will be refurbished faster.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:06 am

Quoting Robcol99 (Reply 27):

Thanks Robcol99,
Good luck finding second hand 332s, TAP and Swiss are picking up those 343s also.
To be able to receive planes in 2011, they should have ordered 787s by now, for 350 won't be ready.
In short, 343s are all owned and will be around for at least another 5 years, at which the youngest will be 12 years old.
If they thought about this a bit better, TK would have ordered more 332s not only to replace/support 343s, or for expansions, also to replace the 20 year old 310 fleet.

Also guys, check out my new TR: IST-DLM-IST On TK With Pics. (by TK787 Jun 6 2007 in Trip Reports)

gokmengs

Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:34 am

As far as I know, THY does not intend to receive the new generation of long-haul aircraft before 2011.
In the meantime, they will try to add A332s and A343s (prob. second hand)
Side info, leased A343s were purchased and brought into the balance sheet. (they intend to keep them.)

The issue I have with that is Robcol99, the fact that they waited such a long time to refurbish the a/c. If I'm not mistaken the 330's started coming 2 years ago with an excellent in flight product, why wait this long and have 2 years of inconsistent product on your long haul? Inconsistency doesn't help TK when they make moves and announce that they will be a global player in long haul, especially TK which is one of the most efficient equipment swapping airline in the world. You buy a J ticket thinking you will get 330 and its changed to 340 and its like hello 1990's.
As far as their future order, the more they wait the more they miss the train, I hope they at least secured slots on either 787 and 350 so that the late decision don't result in delays.

stylo777

Thu Jun 07, 2007 3:41 pm

TC-JRB, one of TK's newest A321, made an emergency landing in FRA. They were enroute MAN-IST as TK1994 and parked for a long time on the apron (position V157).
I don't know the reason for the emer.land., but I suppose for medical reasons.

aside from that I saw TC-SGD, one recently leased B734 by Saga Airlines, operating flight 9U 864 from FRA to KIV (Chisinau).

Quoting Pilotaydin (Reply 22):
stylo, i was just in FRA, we were a lil delayed as TK 1605/6 to ankara and they gave us V148 stand so i couldnt find anyone to ask about you Sad im sorry hopefully next time!

kardes, where have you been so long?  Smile how are you doing? tell me next time your arrival and I'll direct you into the position like the follow me guys out there Big grin
I'll be in IST end of June, are you there?

Boogyjay

Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:54 pm

JDJ will take 45 days, but the remaining aircraft will be refurbished faster.

JDJ will take more than 45 days. It began its retrofit early February, so we're now at 120 days. But the end of the mod is close, if it has not been already happen...

I think the aim for JDJ was 8 or 10 weeks, with subsequent aircraft going down to 6 and 4 weeks as experience is gained and as you don't have the type and magnitude of problems you have with the prototype... But of course, it'll take more time if one part of the fleet is done in another completion center.

As far as ROI of the mod is concerned, I think that it has to be within 5-7 years max as your IFE and cabin go obsoletes by this time anyway. I guess that it's what has been evaluated by TK and that it is TK's aim to retain the A340s for that timeframe before retirement.

Mutlu uçuşlar...  Wink

777way

Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:25 pm

Air Blue A321 began teching at Ankara for the Islamabad-Manchester service from 1 June.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Konstantin von Wedelstaedt

LAXintl

Sun Jun 10, 2007 1:33 pm

Poorly written article, however the jist of the story is THY plans on offering multiple daily flights to BKK and offering onward connections in cooperation with Star partner Thai.
And no, TK is not launching a MNL flight next month  Yeah sure

Quote:
Turkish Airlines picks Thai hub
June 7, 2007

Turkish airlines, which chose Bangkok's Radisson Hotel yesterday as the official lodging for its crew, plans to make Thailand its Southeast Asian hub.

The airline increased its regional flight capacity by 50 per cent last year by launching new direct flights from Istanbul to Hong Kong and Singapore. Prior to that, passengers had to make a transit stop in Bangkok.

With its Star Alliance membership pending next year, Turkish Airlines' move to Bangkok is strategic, Bahri Yilmaz, director for Thailand, Taiwan and Hong Kong, said

Having opened 24 new routes last year - a record for a commercial airline - Turkish Airlines will benefit from using Suvarnabhumi Airport to transport passengers, not only to Asia Minor but also to Europe, said Yilmaz.

The airline is now planning to use Thailand as a base to fly to other Southeast Asian cities such as Ho Chi Minh City and Jakarta. Its Bangkok-Manila flight looks set to take off next month.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007.../07/business/business_30036195.php
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

stylo777

Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:31 pm

in all those deliberations they forget the potential pax flow to Australia. the timing of TK60 is bad to connect to Australia. The flight arrives BKK at noon (13.05hr) when TG's MEL, BNE, SYD, PER flights already departed in the morning. So the pax have to wait for more than 7-8 hrs until the evening. In my eyes they need to take this into account if they're considering a second flight to BKK. The Star Alliance cooperation of TK and TG could probably decrease the ticket prices and make it more attractive for potential Turkish customers.

possible and convenient connex to SE Asia with TG (TK60 from IST arrives at 13.05hr)

TG 417 BKK 16:00 KUL 19:10 772 0 1234567 02:10 - 1
TG 419 BKK 19:45 KUL 22:55 333 0 1234567 02:10 - 1

TG 694 BKK 15:40 SGN 17:10 AB6 0 --3---- 01:30 - I
TG 694 BKK 16:05 SGN 17:35 AB6 0 ----5-- 01:30 - I
TG 686 BKK 18:15 SGN 19:45 AB6 0 1234567 01:30 - I

TG 624 BKK 15:15 MNL 19:30 AB6 0 -2345-7 03:15 - I1

TG 630 BKK 15:30 TPE 21:55 333 1 1234567 05:25 - 1
TG 636 BKK 18:15 TPE 22:55 772 0 1234567 03:40 - 1

TG 684 BKK 17:50 HAN 19:40 AB6 0 1234567 01:50 - I

TG 630 BKK 15:30 HKG 19:25 333 0 1234567 02:55 - I
TG 606 BKK 16:00 HKG 19:45 772 0 1234567 02:45 - I
TG 602 BKK 19:00 HKG 22:45 772 0 1234567 02:45 - I

wing

Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:50 pm

-"Wing" is in the army now.

Hello friends, here is a short briefing about my days in the army.

After the exams I learnt that I am due to report to 1.st Piyade Tugay Komutanlýðý in Adapazarý/Sakarya in the genelkurmay web site.I felt very lucky it is the most proximate military base outside my home town Ýstanbul.As we joined they said 1.infantary this way and seperated us from the others.We were send to Kandýra to begin the "acemi eðitimi"I was a little upset but to leave the city center for Kandýra but my surprise was just beginning.They said you guys are going to join 1.st tabur we said OK.The seargent showed the 2nd tabur is the building overthere,the 3rd tabur is the one right behind you and do you want to know where the 1st tabur is?We were like Ok where is it?,the Search laughed histerically :IT'S IN ÞIRNAK since 2003. We were like what the f**k!

Since than I've been through a very heavy "iç güvenlik training" for infantary divisions,while others practice for ceromonial walking,I have lost 12 kgs of weight and I have to say I have never been through such torture before.OK It may not be hard for 20 yo's but I am 34 for gods sake and and my body can not comply with my brains wishes as quick as they want, it took my 2 months to convince the commanders that I will be more usefull in an office.Finally they took my profession of "architecture" into consideration and I have reached back to Adapazarý" 1. tugay istihkam savaþ taburu" and I am the oldest corporal in the whole military base.I am fine now.I can even use internet as we go the city center,thats a giant step forward.

My best wishes to all Turkish members I ll try to keep up with the latest.

Pilotaydýn;

What is the latest on the language training course we were choosen for?Been to US yet?

GokmenGS,

I have read FB 14-GS 0 onthe newspapers any info about that,you know I cant follow everything in the military maybe youcan help me  Smile  Smile  Smile 100. yýlýn þampiyonu Fenerbahçe  Smile  Smile  Smile
follow me on my facebook page" captain wing's journey log"

gokmengs

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Wing (Reply 35):
GokmenGS,

I have read FB 14-GS 0 onthe newspapers any info about that,you know I cant follow everything in the military maybe youcan help me Smile Smile Smile 100. yýlýn þampiyonu Fenerbahçe Smile Smile Smile

Wing First off I wish you a safe, healthy, and quick "tezkere" as far as the GS-Fb stuff goes congrats this year you guys got it last year we did. Right now we are even in championships but hey that will change Wink

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Jun 11, 2007 11:16 pm

Quoting Wing (Reply 35):
it took my 2 months to convince the commanders that I will be more usefull in an office.

How about someplace in the air-force? It is such a shame that not only you are away from your family at your age, away from your profession, you do absolutely nothing at your capacity. What a waste of resources on all fronts.
Good luck.

stylo777

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:15 am

very interesting article on airporthaber

http://www.airporthaber.com/hb/detay.php?id=16818

TK787
Topic Author

Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:29 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 38):

Very touching story, thanks.
By the way, the same website started an English version, and Karlitekin says TK should be flying to Toronto by April 2008 in another article?

stylo777

Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:07 pm

It seems to me that the aviation sector in Turkey is undergoing a period of silence and calm. No 'real' big news, no new routes, no new orders and all this since months. Is it only me or do you think the same?

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:10 pm

No news is good news?
I think TK is doing good, the problem is with the others.
TK is still getting new planes, is returning to S.Africa (YYZ next April?), soon will have an order to replace the long-haul fleet, Star Alliance, last week in one day TK flew 60,000 pax, new terminals in a bunch of cities, AYT is having a great year so far. Well, that all sound pretty good. Let's enjoy this calm.

TurkishWings

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:26 pm

Flying IST-SIN in a few hours on the TK A-332. Returning on the 28th...

Later connecting to SQ 772 to KUL in F Class Big grin

Expect a trip report  Wink
Coffee - Tea or Me?

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:45 pm

Lucky you,
Would be nice to know the loads on the SIN flights this time of the year.
Boy Voyage.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:10 pm

http://www.sabah.com.tr/pz/haber,11A275F0E59746F88ADE40C179B77C6B.html

some interesting news (in Turkish); about a TK terminal at IST, and the usual 787/350 choice.

stylo777

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:21 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 41):
last week in one day TK flew 60,000 pax,

is this the number of all pax departing on TK only from IST or the number of pax on ALL TK flights that day? Just for your comparison we have almost the same number of pax at FRA departing only with LH on usual days (around 57-58.000). At very busy days this number increases over 70.000.

btw. my mother returned today from ADB with XQ and I asked myself who the company owns? I know TK, but I'm not sure about LH or ThomasCook (Condor). Could someone enlighten me please Big grin

gokmengs

Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting Stylo777 (Reply 45):
is this the number of all pax departing on TK only from IST or the number of pax on ALL TK flights that day? Just for your comparison we have almost the same number of pax at FRA departing only with LH on usual days (around 57-58.000). At very busy days this number increases over 70.000.

Selam Stylo! I'm sure thats including all stations all flights. As far as your LH comparison, well look at the capacity difference its very normal to have that gap. Heck LH probably has more seats in one of its types then TK has in its whole system Smile Not an apples to apples comparison.

stylo777

Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:35 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 46):
Selam Stylo! I'm sure thats including all stations all flights. As far as your LH comparison, well look at the capacity difference its very normal to have that gap. Heck LH probably has more seats in one of its types then TK has in its whole system Smile Not an apples to apples comparison.

yes you are right, I don't wanted to put this into a wrong light. I just wanted to show you another number, but in my eyes 60.000 for TK is even very high and shows an enormous growth in capacity compared to the past years.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:27 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 46):
thats including all stations all flights

That is right, on May 20th, TK carried 61,652 pax and that is a record.
They are hoping the number will go above 80,000 in July, Aug. This could be only possible if the loads on all flights are over 100%. Maybe they will get some extra capacity which would make it possible. Fingers crossed...

stylo777

Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:57 am

Quoting TK787 (Reply 48):
Maybe they will get some extra capacity which would make it possible

what about their A332 lease mentioned some weeks ago?

If I'm not mistaken they wet-leased some XQ a/c...

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos