Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

f1eddie

RE: Lining Up On 28; Another Irish Aviation Thread!

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:48 am

Heard a localised advert on RTEs Drive-time show this evening for Ethiad. It was just saying when they are starting and where they are flying to and then on from there to whever they fly. That was the second half of the ad. The first part was sort of introducing the airline saying how good they were etc etc....

Good day for airbus alright and lets hope they keep those orders coming for the next few days...
Flown on EI, FR, BMI, TG, PG, FD, JQ, DJ, LA, NZ, SQ, DL, LX, LH

Toulouse

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:02 am

Quoting Kaitak (Reply 197):
'DUZ anyone know when the new aircraft is going to be delivered? I heard it was coming today, but my previous predictions were wrong; mind you, 'DUO came in quite late in the evening - about 7-8pm.

Just back from collecting my wife and son at TLS and DUZ is still parked, so unless a late flight tonight, I doubt it's today. Moreover, it's not parked at the delivery centre, not thai I know whether that means anything or not... maybe EIDAA can shed some light on that.
Long live Aer Lingus!

OA260

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:26 am

Quoting F1eddie (Reply 200):
Heard a localised advert on RTEs Drive-time show this evening for Ethiad. It was just saying when they are starting and where they are flying to and then on from there to whever they fly. That was the second half of the ad. The first part was sort of introducing the airline saying how good they were etc etc....

##

Yes you can expect to see ramped up ads and other things over the next few weeks. They are really going for it and are going to be an agressive competitor. They want to be the best airline operating out of DUB and with all the awards they are getting they will probably do it. Far East and Australia are doing very well for them on pre launch bookings. They have lots of money to spend on advertising and under cutting rivals whilst offering the best in flight service around. Not many can do that all at once.

Cant believe all the orders for Airbus today, it really has been a good day. Cant wait to see what unveils tomorrow and the rest of the week.

aer lingus

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:20 am

Does anyone know whats the story with that VS A346 at DUB today? It looks like that it was heading over to the hangars.
Maintenance or something?

bigthumbsup 
Split Scimitar or Sharklets?

iRISH251

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:33 am

No sign of any EI delivery flight on the flight-tracker Flytecomm.com, which captures most airline flights into Dublin.

n272wa

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:00 am

Well lads. OK, so disaster struck on Saturday and I did not make it to Milan afterall due to an irreparable error I committed. Please forgive me for not posting a TR but this is what happened.
Given this was a day trip, I had no bags to check in and so I used the EI online check-in on Friday evening to print my boarding card for Dublin - Milan Linate. I selected seat 29A. Booked a taxi and I arrived in Dublin Airport at 5.30am. The airport was pure manic, busier than I have ever seen it. Security Lines were just unbelievable and I joined a security line up at the BMI Ticket desk which went up and down and up and down and then finally joined another line which too serpentined half way across the floor backwards and forwards and in and out. Being half asleep, cranky and a wee bit hungover does not help either. When I got to the security door, the guy there carefully examines my printout, asks for my ID and then closes the door!! He scans the barcode and says "You've got the green light, go ahead". So quickly went through the security check and noticed that my flight was due to leave from gate C41.

I then took a wee wander towards Pier C and saw that the Aer Lingus flight to Faro EI490 was boarding from the same gate before our flight. Other aircraft on the C Pier was the Aer Lingus flights to Barcelona, Bologna and the BMI flight BD120 to London Heathrow.
At 6am, there was an anouncement made over the wee PA System saying that Aer Lingus operations have been "stalled until 7am". So, I decided to head into the nearest bar for a pint as my head was splitting so it was. The beer went down very well I must say-a little piece of heaven in a pint glass, so I therefore had a second, following which I went back to the gate for 7am and waited impatiently until 7.30am. Still no aircraft at the gate and no Aer Lingus ground staff. Suddenly, a lady in EI uniform appeared like a Deus-ex-Machina, or so I thought, and inevitably got jumped on by a huge group of irate Italians who were losing the plot because there was no information and to make matters worse, the monitor foolishly declared that the flight was 'boarding'. She roared back to them "I AM NOT GROUND STAFF, I AM CABIN CREW!!". LOL. At this point, EI-DEF came onto stand which would operate the EI432 to Milan Linate. Anyway, while all this fracca was going on, I said I'd grab another pint, as I was quite fed up and tired... A few pints later, I sauntered out of the bar back down to C41 and there was nobody there. I recoiled in total disbelief. No aircraft, no ground staff and no passengers.... The flight had departed without me...Bereft of a bum in 29A....QUELLE HORREUR!! I honestly did not hear my name being called out and cannot understand where the time went to. Feeling a wee bit worse for the wear, I sheepishly went up to the lady at Security towads the A Pier and told her what had happened and that I needed to 'get out'. A devilish smile was etched on her facial billboard and realising I would get no smpathy from her, I quickly sidestepped the barrier and walked(staggered?) down the wooden staircase with my tail between my legs into the mayhem of the Baggage Hall. My head was pounding and I was thinking longingly of my bed. Still clutching my boarding card, I sailed through the Blue Channel forcing myself to walk in a straight line out into the Arrivals Hall for fear I would have a close encounter with the floor...... Saturday 16th June, what a total profligacy and unprecedented situation for me.
In any case, EI432 departed at 8.43am that morning bound for Milan. I have also learned my lesson....Beer+Early Flight = BAD IDEA!!! Never Again!

f1eddie

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:03 am

Well at least you got to the airport. I did that on a Qantas flight SYD > CNS and i woke up as my flight was departing. Rang them but i never got anything. Annoying thing was it was my only flight on Qantas so i never got to fly with them at all. Just flew later in the day with DJ so it also worked out as an expensive lesson.
Flown on EI, FR, BMI, TG, PG, FD, JQ, DJ, LA, NZ, SQ, DL, LX, LH

EIDAA

Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:32 am

Quoting Toulouse (Reply 201):
Just back from collecting my wife and son at TLS and DUZ is still parked, so unless a late flight tonight, I doubt it's today. Moreover, it's not parked at the delivery centre, not thai I know whether that means anything or not... maybe EIDAA can shed some light on that.

If it was still at the flight test ramp it will be a few days yet before delivery. I have no idea when it is due to deliver and I won't be back down there until mid-July unfortunately.

If someone has better information on the scheduled delivery date do please update us, but I would imagine it will be a few days yet. Once the aircraft moves to the delivery centre it stays there for about week - aside from any rework which takes place on site or often in the A380 hangar behind the centre (looking from the terminal).
Most Flown:- G-BUVA (20 Flights), EI-DEB (12 Flights), EI-JFK (11 Flights)

aerarann

RE: Lining Up On 28; Another Irish Aviation Thread

Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:33 am

Quoting F1eddie (Reply 200):

Heard the advert myself on newstalk, its a brilliant piece of work, and will go hand-in-hand with the T.V marketing.

Quoting N272WA (Reply 205):
disaster struck on Saturday

Brilliant story, Did you get a refund?? Disgraceful behaviour by EI staff, completely unacceptable ... Would they not take a piece out of the RE ground ops book???

tonymctigue

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:46 pm

Well N272WA, I'm sure your not the first person to have this happen to you & I sure you won't be the last. I have a friend who once was due to get an RE flight fron LTN to GWY. He was away on a buisness trip & after he checked in at the airport, he took out his laptop & was working away, keeping an eye on the time a the bottom right of the screen. When the time for his flight, he went to the gate only to discover that the filght had left! What had happened was that the date on his laptop was set wrong & therefore hadn't picked up that the night before was the night the clocks went back an hour! The funny part was that his watch was actually set to the correct time but because he was working on the laptop he kept referring to the time on the laptop.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

tonymctigue

Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:49 pm

Quoting Tonymctigue (Reply 209):
What had happened was that the date on his laptop was set wrong & therefore hadn't picked up that the night before was the night the clocks went back an hour!

Apologies. I ment to say that the nigh before was the night the clocks went forward an hour.
Airports: SNN GWY NOC DUB ORK BOS EWR JFK ORD MCI BOI SEA LHR STN CDG LYS FAO GVA HKG MEL ADL HBA

OA260

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:55 pm

I quickly sidestepped the barrier and walked(staggered?)

Haha I didnt believe you when you told me!!! Oh well you live and learn , but your still an idiot LOL.... Big grin

shamrock350

Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:57 pm

Interesting story N272WA!

"I AM NOT GROUND STAFF, I AM CABIN CREW!!".

I wonder if she was telling the truth or just trying to get away from the crowds  Wink

OA260

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:48 pm

Apparantly a bird strike has grounded a FR plane in City of Derry airport!!!

shamrock350

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:53 pm

For anyone interested there is an Airbus press conference that can be viewed online. It's about the A350XWB and they are giving some new information on the aircraft. They have just said they are in talks with GE for an engine but as of yet they are nowhere near an agreement.

www.airbus.com

sawtooth

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:06 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 213):
Apparantly a bird strike has grounded a FR plane in City of Derry airport!!!

Wasn't bird management one of the reasons the CAA closed Derry a few weeks back?

n272wa

Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:39 pm

Aye exactly, but a spokesman for LDY is quoted as saying that "The bird management process was in operation at the time of the incident". lol.  Smile

n272wa

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:12 pm

Quoting OA260 (Reply 211):
but your still an idiot LOL

Eh - ZIP IT OA260!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course I had almost forgotten how big of a megalomaniac you actually are  Smile LOL.
Whilst mere mortals like I who travel in Y class wile away the time sitting in airport bars drinking draught beer from grotty pint glasses, you are lounging around on leather sofas in luxurious airport lounges sipping coffee from fine bone China.... OF COURSE, there is no chance you would miss your flight given that you don't slum it with commoners like I.

OA260

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:18 pm

Quoting N272WA (Reply 217):
Eh - ZIP IT OA260!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course I had almost forgotten how big of a megalomaniac you actually are LOL.
Whilst mere mortals like I who travel in Y class wile away the time sitting in airport bars drinking draught beer from grotty pint glasses, you are lounging around on leather sofas in luxurious airport lounges sipping coffee from fine bone China.... OF COURSE, there is no chance you would miss your flight given that you don't slum it with commoners like I.

LOL....must keep an eye on you and the free Vodka in the DME lounge lol...

n272wa

Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:22 pm

Guys, has anybody found out if Etihad had an aircraft in Dublin last week operating a flight, as it was listed on the boards and just curious.
Thanks.

OA260

Tue Jun 19, 2007 10:21 pm

EI now selling J class seats on the DUB to MCO routes . Y class service but Premier seat €150 per person each way !!!
Amazing value if you ask me for such a long trip !!!!

shamrock350

Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:08 am

Quoting OA260 (Reply 220):
Amazing value if you ask me for such a long trip !!!!

Especially if you get the lie flat seats!

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:17 am

Yes, exceptionally good value, although I guess they'll probably be sending the older aircraft. Mind you, even those, at such a small premium, are a very nice way to fly ...

I've just set up a new Irish aviation thread, No. 29/07, so let's mosey ...
Green Is Our Sky ... Irish Aviation Thread 29/07 (by Kaitak Jun 19 2007 in Civil Aviation)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos