Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BrettFromCLT
Topic Author

US Airways Companion Certificates

Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:28 pm

Hi all,

I'm a big US fan - they been berry berry good to me in my travels from CLT, and I love the new cs and they take care of me.

US Visa and MasterCard cardholders get a certificate each year that entitles the member to 2 $99 (plus taxes) tix with purchase of one at least $250 rt tix. Has anyone besides me ever used one?

Here's how it seems to work. You have to call US reservations to make the reservation - no option to make this reservation online, but they still charge the reservation fee. I'm going with two buds to LAS in August so no rush. However, when you make the reservation, they let you know you have to go to a ticket counter within 24 hours to turn in the physical certificate.

Why do they never know how to handle things when I show up at the counter? Am I the only one who ever uses these things? (We saved $800 or so using them so not complaining too loud.) I made the res last night, went to the airport this afternoon to turn in the certificate as specified by the res agent. Why does the agent never know how to handle these things? Also, after I got done, it totally seemed as if the supervisor who came over to help me was going to pitch my certificate in the trash.

Am I correct? Did I even need to go to the airport today? Why do they issue these things to thousands of credit card holders and not tell counter people how to handle them? Or, should the resv agents not tell me to go to the airport?

Thanks,

Big US fan anyway,

Brett

eajpecrca

RE: US Airways Companion Certificates

Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:05 pm

I used the companion certificate last summer to take my granddaughter from PHL to SFO. Did my research online and then went through US call center as you describe. No problem at all. I was told to mail the certificate to US Airways right away to confirm all arrangements. Did as directed and all went well. I'm surprised you were told to bring in the certificate to a ticket counter. Seems to be a real waste of time and energy.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos