SkyvanMan
Topic Author

EOS To Operate 767's?

Sat Jun 16, 2007 7:54 pm

I am at the Stansted Raddisson SAS (MaxJet put us up here when they delayed the Vegas flight 7:30 hours) and I talked to a couple of EOS pilots and asked them about the expansion possibilities given that they only operate 757s. They told me taht from what they know EOS will be getting 767s within a year and fly to L.A. Does anyone know if EOS will be for sure operaitng to LAX and acquriing new aircraft (other than 757s) as I was told?
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

thirteenright

RE: EOS To Operate 767's?

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:39 pm

No one knows for sure ... but I have heard the same thing (or they want to add extra fuel tanks on their 757s and fly LA-STN and JFK-Sao Paulo). Not sure if it will happen and although I think the future is bright for Eos, I would hate to see them add a second fleet type and compete with a route that MY just announced. I think there is a lot they can do with the 757s they have now.

SkyvanMan
Topic Author

Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:55 pm

Well MaxJet and EOS are completely different airlines, though they both offer 'business class' they are fundamentally different in the level of business class. EOS is more like first class while MaxJet is more like business class or premium economy. This being said I think that they have pretty different types of people flying on them and therefore competing head-to-head might actaully not be competing at all.
The 3 best planes of all time: Shorts Skyvan, 330 and 360

N770WD

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:38 pm

Quoting SkyvanMan (Thread starter):
Does anyone know if EOS will be for sure operaitng to LAX and acquriing new aircraft (other than 757s) as I was told?

Anything is possible, but remember that the Eos seat wouldn't fit well in the 767s 2x2x2 configuration (and would need extensive modifications for 2x1x2) and that Eos' whole brand is based on having 48 seats. The auxiliary fuel tank on a 757 is a more likely option.

And no, Eos and MAXjet have very little overlap in customer bases. Eos is a first class product for business class fares, while MAXjet provides business class for economy/premium economy fares.

thirteenright

Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:20 am

Quoting N770WD (Reply 3):
Anything is possible, but remember that the Eos seat wouldn't fit well in the 767s 2x2x2 configuration (and would need extensive modifications for 2x1x2) and that Eos' whole brand is based on having 48 seats. The auxiliary fuel tank on a 757 is a more likely option.

I would hope so. Could a 757 get enough fuel tanks to make LA-STN work?

And no, Eos and MAXjet have very little overlap in customer bases. Eos is a first class product for business class fares, while MAXjet provides business class for economy/premium economy fares.

Thats a great point, I didnt even think of that.

FLYGUY767

Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:01 am

Quoting SkyvanMan (Thread starter):
Does anyone know if EOS will be for sure operaitng to LAX and acquriing new aircraft (other than 757s) as I was told?

From what has been heard Los Angeles, and San Francisco were both being considered for service to Stansted on the West Coast. Las Vegas, is to low yielding and has enough with the existing service in that market. San Francisco, and Los Angeles both serve as two different purposes. San Francisco - Financial, and Industry. Los Angeles - Hollywood, and industry. There is a chance that EOS will indeed serve both. This is a ways off, and they are as they have been reviewing additional aircraft to bring into their fleet. It would seem as if the likes of MaxJet, and SilverJet have been expanding in markets that EOS has been looking at such as IAD, and ORD. It has yet to be seen what will happen with the 3 757 ships EOS will be receiving in the coming year. At this point I would put more stock into a European expansion with the 757 ships they are yet to recieve.

As I have said in former topics, EOS is an outside of the box thinking operation. EOS is looking for markets where they can gain the true high yield returns, and a distinctive audience. The latest I have heard is that Paris, Frankfurt, Milan, Zurich, and Amsterdam are all still being looked at from the JFK market. Additionally Boston, Washington, and Chicago are still under review for Stansted expansion. Again, as I have posted in other threads. Opening BOS, IAD, and ORD, or any of the three would pose crew maximization. In turn EOS would have to hire a hefty number of new Flight Attendants to attain their staffing requirements for a reverse Stansted operation. Los Angeles, and San Francisco were thought of since day one. The problem is range with the current equipment type in the fleet. The 757 could fly it with a even more limited pax load, and additional fuel tanks. However, to fly LAX-STN with a 24 pax load, would indeed push the EOS pricing structure into the First Class premium that BA, and AA charge on the route. Of which EOS does not want to do.

Remember EOS is not in business to play the game of we fly to more places than you. EOS is looking to capture a very distinct audience. Also and of note the management team at EOS is a who's who of the airline industry. Ex-Singapore Airlines, Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, management alumni and others stalk the halls at their HQ in Rye, New York. Our company is looking to sign a contract with EOS in the coming months. Our American Airlines agreement is coming to an end, and we are looking for a product with a more distinct environment. It is very hard to get work done on a plane with 300 people, and a less intimate work environment such as an AA 777. More and more business people have been attracted to EOS. A few months ago I was in the company of Kate Winslet, and Sarah/Duchess of York on the return STN-JFK routing. You will also find that Sarah/Duchess of York has a spot on the EOS website. EOS has become the MGM Grand Air of its time. A very classy operation.

-JD
Summer Trip 2007: DEN HAAG>DUBAI>LONDON>VERONA>COSTA SMERALDA>CAPRI

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos