baguy
Topic Author

Cabin Crew - Forbidden Objects In Cabin!

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:20 am

Hi,

On a recent flyBE flight from MXP, a member of the CabinCrew had an aerosol spray perfume in the cabin - I know this because she put in on while we were taxiing. I know that aerosols,knives etc. are forbidden in the cabin, but do these rules apply to the CabinCrew?

BAguy

davescj

RE: Cabin Crew - Forbidden Objects In Cabin!

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:26 am

Quoting Baguy (Thread starter):
but do these rules apply to the CabinCrew?

As a rule, yes......but it may have a certain volume that is still allowed. Are you sure it wasn't a "fake" aerosol", the kind that you "manually" pump full of air (sort of like an atomizer), which I think are still allowed.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

baguy
Topic Author

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:31 am

Quoting Davescj (Reply 1):
Are you sure it wasn't a "fake" aerosol", the kind that you "manually" pump full of air (sort of like an atomizer), which I think are still allowed.

From what I could see it was an 'Impulse' brand spray. I think these are aerosols, but I may be wrong.

BAguy

BFS

Sat Jun 23, 2007 11:21 am

In the UK, Cabin crew go through the same security procedures as passengers. It is not uncommon though for crew to go down to the hold and bring checked luggage up to the cabin, especially on long multi-sector days.

VHXLR8

Sat Jun 23, 2007 1:32 pm

I know that aerosols,knives etc. are forbidden in the cabin, but do these rules apply to the CabinCrew?

Aerosols are not forbidden in the cabin; as long as it's not more than 100ml, and has been inspected by security, it's fine.

WNCrew

Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:51 pm

In the US we go through the same security in passengers in most airport, but we are exempt from things like aerosols, liquids etc. That's not to say we could get through with knives or anything....we can't, I've even had TSA look carefully at my plastic cutlery but YES we are allowed through with things passengers are not.
ALL views, opinions expressed are mine ONLY and are NOT representative of those shared by Southwest Airlines Co.

jetjack74

Sat Jun 23, 2007 3:02 pm

On a recent flyBE flight from MXP, a member of the CabinCrew had an aerosol spray perfume in the cabin - I know this because she put in on while we were taxiing. I know that aerosols,knives etc. are forbidden in the cabin, but do these rules apply to the CabinCrew?

Weapons are forbidden, liquids, gels cremes are not. We cna carry through security unabated.
Made from jets!

PureKiwi

Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:03 am

From what I could see it was an 'Impulse' brand spray. I think these are aerosols, but I may be wrong.

In New Zealand Impulse is a popular deoderant among girls. It is an aerosol and my sisters says 75g so If security didn't read it properly they might have thought it said 75ml.

The flight attendent was a bit inconsiderate spraying it in a cabin though, that stuff is very strong and gives alot of people headaches including myself when my sisters used too much in the bathroom and i walk in afterwards.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos