Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

LHboyatDTW
Topic Author

What Happened To LX's E-170 Orders?

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:02 am

I remember seeing that Crossair was once the launch customer for the E-170. For whatever reason that I'm unaware of, they seem to be only a distant memory. This quote started to make me think.

Quote:
SWISS is responding to the continuing crisis in the air transport industry by modifying its current fleet renewal programme. Adjustments are being made to both the number of EMBRAER aircraft ordered and the timetable for their delivery. At the same time, however, SWISS has expressly confirmed its commitment to its chosen fleet concept and its partner EMBRAER; and the aircraft ordered remain a cornerstone of the company’s future business strategy.

In view of the current economic situation and the presently far-from-favourable business projections, SWISS and EMBRAER have agreed to modify the carrier’s order with the manufacturer from 60 to 30 aircraft (15 EMBRAER 170s and 15 EMBRAER 195s). The number of options is also being reduced, from 100 to 20 aircraft.

Delivery of the first aircraft has also been rescheduled to one year after August 2003, the original handover date. The simulator for the 70-seat EMBRAER 170 will, however, be installed in Basel this summer according to plan, enabling SWISS Aviation Training to offer corresponding training services to its customers. Delivery of the 108-seat EMBRAER 195 remains unchanged, i.e. from 2006 onwards.

As we know today, no delivery took place up to now...

I didn't find any information about a decision to delay the delivery again or even to cancel the order.

A friend of mine also told me of the E-Jet simulators still being in ZRH, so what is LX still doing with them? Are they still keeping those order slots?

Some light being shed on this topic would really help me find the missing puzzle piece.

View Large View Medium
Click here for bigger photo!

Photo © Rudolf-Jürgen Hanser

The air in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious because it's the same the angels breathe.

columba

RE: What Happened To LX's E-170 Orders?

Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:04 am

Converted to LH's order for E190s.
Air Berlin - gone but not forgotten

viasa

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:55 pm

Quoting Columba (Reply 1):
Converted to LH's order for E190s.

That's not true... LH order 30 E190 but at the same time LX cancelled it's order for 15 E170 and 15 E195.

http://www.embraer.com.br/institucio...58-Com-VPC-E190_Lufthansa-07-I.pdf

The existing firm orders for 15 EMBRAER 170 and 15 EMBRAER 195 jets placed by SWISS have been cancelled.

[Edited 2007-06-25 13:57:02]

johnnybgoode

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:01 am

in the end, the orders were cancelled, but they were actually taken over by LH. only this way LH put the money LX put down when it bought production slots to good use. it's a technicality, but in effect, the order was taken over by LH.
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

OA260

Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:38 am

Shame LX wont get these wonderful E Jets. Anyone have any artists impressions on what they would have looked like in LX colours??? Would have been great.

LXA340

Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:07 pm

But we must see, it is possible that the Embraer order made by LH is aimed to go to LX nothing is confiremd or anything though however fact is that by the Avro fleet is not the newest and will need to be replaced in the next few years and most likely this will be with Embraers

johnnybgoode

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:24 am

i don't those Embraers will go to LX as the leases of LX's Avro fleet won't run out for quite some time. deliveries of those jets will apparently start in 2009 which seems to go well with expiring aircraft leases of LH Regional.
If only pure sweetness was offered, why's this bitter taste left in my mouth.

columba

Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:43 am

Quoting LXA340 (Reply 5):
But we must see, it is possible that the Embraer order made by LH is aimed to go to LX nothing is confiremd or anything though however fact is that by the Avro fleet is not the newest and will need to be replaced in the next few years and most likely this will be with Embraers

Doubtful, the Embraer is made by LH and not by LX. As I mentioned earlier that LX will take either the 787 or A350 depending on LH's decision I was told that LX is making their own fleet decisions and as seen in the past LX has acquired their own aircraft A320s, A330s and A340s without LH ordering them first and then giving them to LX.
Also John Leahy mentioned last week that he is in talks with LX about A330s so there are indeed buying there own aircraft
If these aircraft were going to LX the order would have stayed a LX order.
Air Berlin - gone but not forgotten

LXA340

Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:31 am

Quoting Columba (Reply 7):

Doubtful, the Embraer is made by LH and not by LX. As I mentioned earlier that LX will take either the 787 or A350 depending on LH's decision I was told that LX is making their own fleet decisions and as seen in the past LX has acquired their own aircraft A320s, A330s and A340s without LH ordering them first and then giving them to LX.
Also John Leahy mentioned last week that he is in talks with LX about A330s so there are indeed buying there own aircraft

Nevertheless it is possible that LH can also aircraft for LX of course both parties would agree. Yes the B787 or A350 one of the two will join the fleet if they take the plane LH takes they would obviously receive better conditions for the price etc. True LX might order A333's A320's A330's and A340's all were ordered before the LH era howevr the 6 additional A340's that are arriving over the next year from OS and AC which LX uses for expansiion and repalcing 2 A332's with was made by LX however LH had to aprove the expansion. As I said I don't expect LX to start replacing their Avro's before 2010 especially as th whole flee is currently receiving a new interior with new seats which should be accomplished by the begining of 2008 and the LH order for the Embraers is schedulled for delivery in 2009 which would be to early then.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos