DAYflyer

RE: Northwest Planning Numerous Flight Cancellations

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:47 am

I joined the NW cancellation club this morning and they have lost a customer for life this afternoon.
One Nation Under God

surfdog75

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:09 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 197):
Do you really believe that the pilots calling in sick is not part of an unofficial job action, that would be miraculously cured by a pay raise. It would be as if they all went to Lourdes.

I do know that management is quick to blame labor for it's own lack of foresight. When the work rules section of a labor contract is decimated there are going to be problems. Management is paid for many things. One of them is to plan for contingencies.

GeorgeJetson

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:50 am

Will Northwest have enough pilots when they take delivery of their brand new Boeing 787? At this rate, almost anything is possible! I can just picture seeing a NW 787 grounded because there is no pilot available to fly it!
Meet George Jetson

bahadir

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:18 am

Any impact on international ops? I am planning to book SEA-AMS-IST and back in late Aug. I avoided Turkish because of the labor issues there as well.. Looks like i will have to try my adventure of buying two tickets : SEA-JFK-SEA in DL and JFK-HAM-IST-AMS-JFK in Emirates/turkish/KLM combo..
Earthbound misfit I

RL757PVD

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:25 am

Quoting Bahadir (Reply 203):
Looks like i will have to try my adventure of buying two tickets : SEA-JFK-SEA in DL and JFK-HAM-IST-AMS-JFK in Emirates/turkish/KLM combo..

Why not do SEA-JFK-IST on DL? currently Running at $1,100 on some days, seems like a good fare for alot of flying!
Experience is what you get when what you thought would work out didn't!

bahadir

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:32 am

Quoting RL757PVD (Reply 204):
Why not do SEA-JFK-IST on DL? currently Running at $1,100 on some days, seems like a good fare for alot of flying!

I don't like DL on JFK-IST run.. (Their JFK-SEA product is much nicer). their quote for my days was $1600 r/t.

The only thing that worries me with buying two tickets is the fact that i cannot get the protection just one goes delayed.
Any travel agents that can see if they can ticket both itens in a single ticket? I tried with Expedia over the phone and didn't happen..
Earthbound misfit I

bobnwa

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:41 am

Quoting Surfdog75 (Reply 201):
When the work rules section of a labor contract is decimated there are going to be problems. Management

What rules were decimated? No work rules have been ignored by management, just the pilots refusing to work up to the maximum covered by the rules, by calling in sick.

The maximum at NWA is well within the norm for all legacy carriers.

ual777

Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:50 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 206):

What rules were decimated? No work rules have been ignored by management, just the pilots refusing to work up to the maximum covered by the rules, by calling in sick.

Bob, may I ask who you flew for? You sound like a management pilot or something worse.
It is always darkest before the sun comes up.

surfdog75

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:41 am

Quoting Bobnwa (Reply 206):

The work rules were decimated in the concessionary contract. To expect a historical level of voluntary overtime under the deal the pilots have now was short-sighted of management to say the least.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos