Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

emrecan
Topic Author

Turkish Airlines Has Recieved Its Refurbished A340

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:07 pm

Hi..

The first A340-300 (TC-JDJ "Istanbul") of TK is returned from France after it is refurbished. The new interior is like TK's A330s with PTVs on every seat and new business class seats.

The other A340s wil be refurbished later due to high season. (article from www.airporthaber.com)

We are waiting the new pics from the spotters  Smile

Rgrds

Emrecan

LAXintl

RE: Turkish Airlines Has Recieved Its Refurbished A340

Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:16 pm

I hear the new J class seats are turning out to be a little disaster due lots of mechanical issues.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

EI321

Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:12 pm

Any word on the roumered A340 order from turkish? Are they looking at the A346 or A343?

robcol99

Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:39 pm

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 1):
I hear the new J class seats are turning out to be a little disaster due lots of mechanical issues

Well, on my last flight with TK, flying back from JFK on the A330 (TC-JND), i was seated in economy, and a couple of screens went black. I called the flight attendant, she informed the pilot, and the pilot notified the maintenance center in IST.
Listen to this, while we were flying over the Atlantic, technicians connected to my AVOD system through remote GPRS, resolved the issue, and I got my system back.

I thought it was good customer service.

gokmengs

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:40 am

Quoting Laxintl (Reply 1):
I hear the new J class seats are turning out to be a little disaster due lots of mechanical issues.

IIRC TK had to take the A330's a month or so delayed because of the strike/or performance issues at the seat manufacturer. I believe the seats are from Recaro, aren't they like top notch? Or did TK made a mistake again?
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

Maersk737

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:45 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 4):
I believe the seats are from Recaro, aren't they like top notch?

Normally Recaro seats are top quality  Smile

Cheers

Peter
I'm not proud to be a Viking, just thankfull

robcol99

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:38 am

Quoting Gokmengs (Reply 4):
I believe the seats are from Recaro, aren't they like top notch? Or did TK made a mistake again?

Seats are from Sogerma.

LAXintl

Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:51 am

Quoting Robcol99 (Reply 6):
Seats are from Sogerma

checkmark  Indeed the new J class seats are from Sogerma.

http://www.thy.com/tr-tr/services/pa...services/business_class_seats.aspx

here is a news story on the seats when they were selected back in 2005 (in Turkish only)
http://arsiv.sabah.com.tr/2005/04/01/cp/hob104-20050320-102.html

There are issues with the multiple seat motors dying leaving the seats in various states of recline. In addition there have been issues from what I understand with various other parts breaking including tables.

Conversion of further A340 aricraft could be on hold as Sogerma works these issues out.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Maersk737

Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:02 am

Quoting Robcol99 (Reply 6):
Seats are from Sogerma.

Ha ha, then it doesn't matter how good Recaro seats are
 Wink

Cheers

Peter
I'm not proud to be a Viking, just thankfull

emrecan
Topic Author

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:09 am

The seats are made in Morocco.. This is the main problem I guess

OA260

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:17 am

Quoting Robcol99 (Reply 3):
Listen to this, while we were flying over the Atlantic, technicians connected to my AVOD system through remote GPRS, resolved the issue, and I got my system back.

Now thats what I call great service and amazing that they can do it also. How cool.

kaitak

Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:35 am

Good for Turkish Airlines; I'm glad to see that they are making such great efforts to build a good reputation for customer service; the vast majority of EU and US airlines would shrug their shoulders and say "sorry, nothing we can do".

Incidentally, will the configuration be the same on the revised/reconfigured aircraft?

Finally, I think it is just Airbus that is saying that TK is in talks with Airbus about A340s. I had understood that TK was interested in 773ERs.

virgin744

Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:21 pm

Quoting Robcol99 (Reply 3):

Now THAT'S what I call customer service!! That is fantastic and truly amazing how the techs could fix the system remotely. Well done THY!
It even puts Virgin to shame! Last November on a flight back to the UK my IFE crashed and the screen had frozen, so I called the FA and asked if she could do something about it, so she said that she would 'reboot' my system and took my seat number and said to wait 10mins and it should be fixed. 50min later nothing, still waiting...So I called another FA who said they would re-reboot it for me and 30mins later it was still shagged. After catching his attention a while later he said that he had rebooted it and if it didn't work there's nothing canbe done about it other than report it to ground staff/technicians upon arrival to LHR......some 8hrs later!!!!

So I took matters into my own hands and wandered down the isle and loitered around the galley area. After talking to a different FA for a few minutes I noticed her rebooting someone else IFE so I asked if she could do mine too whilst she was there, 10-15mins later I went back to my seat and Hey Presto it was working again!!!

So much for the famed VS helpfullness!!!  Yeah sure

virgin744

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos