[email protected]
Topic Author

Bits About Vivaaerobus

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:34 pm

How many 733s does VIV now have? 5? 6?

What's happening with its MTY-ZCL-MTY route? It appears in its schedules as thrice-weekly but it's not available for
booking, and it hasn't been for a good while. If it does happen it won't, according to VIV's timetable, have particularly inspiring times: MTY-ZCL 2200-2220, ZCL-MTY 2245-0055*.

VIV's frontpage states that MTY-CUN-MTY will go twice-daily, but from when? Whenever I use its booking system it doesn't appear as twice-daily. In comparison, the other cities that'll get twice-daily VIV service, namely VER, BJX and CUU, all show twice-daily.

Also, VIV's timetable section is out-of-date in terms of some times and frequencies. For example, ACA shows as daily but is thrice-weekly (Thu, Fri and Sat) according to its booking system; ZIH shows daily yet is thrice-weekly (Thu, Fri, Sun) according to its booking system; and MZT shows as daily but is thrice-weekly (Mon, Wed, Sat) according to its booking system. Unless, of course, all these will be increased to daily, and that the booking system hasn't yet updated it. Or were daily but then reduced. I don't know.

What other routes within Mexico could VIV operate from MTY? A daily flight to PBC seems obvious.

[Edited 2007-06-26 16:38:15]
"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."

Longhornmaniac

RE: Bits About Vivaaerobus

Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:51 pm

Hey [email protected],

According to a source I can't link or quote due to copyright restrictions, evidently (news to me as well), VivaAerobus is looking at building AUS as a sort of US focus city, with flights to about 5 Mexican destinations. Part of this deal, though, is they would be building a new, small, LCC-esque terminal on the south end of the airport, with a different entrance than the main terminal.

I wish I could quote it, but it is from a link my dad sent me (source unknown), and he said I could talk about it, but just not link to it. It cites the Austin Aviation Director as the main source, so I have no reason to believe that this is untrue. I suppose we should just wait and see. The Director said he hopes their will be more news at the end of July.

If anybody else has a link, to anything revealing anything resembling the same info, I'd be thrilled to see it.

Cheers,
Cameron

Edit: Voila! Austin American Statesman link. Free Registration is required, however.

[Edited 2007-06-26 17:05:10]
Cheers,
Cameron

tcfc424

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:23 am

Glad someone else has heard/seen something about this. I just read it online at www.news8austin.com that VivaAerobus would like to start operations in November from AUS! They say that fares could be as low as $10???? This sounds a bit far-fetched, but the city council seems to be buying off on the plan, stating it is a solid business plan? I went to their website, but no real information there. Says the terminal will be bricks and steel...no frills, no nothing.

Personally, I'd much rather see F9 or FL start up LCC operations in a secondary terminal...

Why are they called VivaAerobus (Airbus?) when they fly B737's?

Weird company, weird plan...like Primaris, et al., I'll believe when I see it...and I hope my tax dollars aren't paying for this!

Mike S. in AUS

pzurita1

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:23 am

Pearson,
There have been some trouble building certain routes, especially ZCL, TRC, SLP and DGO. They were all thought to run daily but plans have changed to do them 3x times a week. Their webmaster seems too busy to update all info regarding these changes. TRC and SLP are also said to have not performed as well as thought at first. So we might see them reducing services there in order to place a/c in more profitable routes.
Remember that at first, all destinations (the 24 of them) would be served only once daily. However, due to market conditions, some destinations were found to be better than other, hence the changes. ACA, ZIH, and the aforementioned saw reductions.

About MTY-ZCL-MTY schedule, I like it a lot. YOu could go there for the weekend after office and be back on Sunday taking full advantage of Zacatecas. If wonder what to do on Sunday evening, save time to dinner at Los Dorados de Villa.

PZ
Next flight: IAH-DBX-MRU-ANT

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos