Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

boeing743
Topic Author

CO At Terminal E At IAH

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:19 am

When I flew into and out of IAH in early of May. I noticed that Mainline aircrafts of CO not even full the terminal C as I rode on bus to rental center, I could see many planes parking at Terminal E. I know that many regional use B expect for regional international use E. I am wonder if it is waste of money to have E building and never use C or D? I live in houston from 1993 to 1995, the C and D was so much in life and now boring while E is so energy with planes comes and go every minutes.

mpdpilot

RE: CO At Terminal E At IAH

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:31 am

I think it has something to do with Terminal E being newer and more passenger friendly. I noticed the same thing when I was there last and frankly I was glad I liked the terminal much better than the others.
One mile of highway gets you one mile, one mile of runway gets you anywhere.

drerx7

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:38 am

Depends on time-- I think at 9a nearly every gate at C and E are full. Since E handles international departures and arrivals as well as domestic ops you'd see E busier by default. Besides--things are gonna get tight at IAH in the next 3 years or so while the Terminal B reconstruction begins...the south side as we know it is coming down and making way for linear concourses. Come 20 years IAH will look alot like ATL in terms of its airport layout.
HOUSTON, TEXAS

WesternA318

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:39 am

Quoting MPDPilot (Reply 1):
I think it has something to do with Terminal E being newer and more passenger friendly. I noticed the same thing when I was there last and frankly I was glad I liked the terminal much better than the others.

Most of the EWR and CLE arrivals/departures (at least when Im travelling) end up either leaving or coming into C.

stxbohn

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:52 am

Quoting Drerx7 (Reply 2):
the south side as we know it is coming down and making way for linear concourses. Come 20 years IAH will look alot like ATL in terms of its airport layout.

Bring on the IAH master plan. I'm all about 4 simultaneous ILS runways...

I miss my IAH/Continental action, may ya'll live it up! Hope the OnePass miles don't expire anytime soon.

Brooks

ikramerica

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:06 pm

You sure are starting a lot of topics and voicing strong opinions without much knowledge of our industry or market. I suggest you sit back and read and learn before condemning every airline and airport for not doing things the way you say they should after one visit/try. IAH gets very busy, and if you had ever used it before Terminal E, you'd know you are way off base.

Further, Terminal E allows them to renovate the rest of the airport. They already closed down 5 terminal C wings, one at a time, and will now do the same at B. Without E, this couldn't be done.

Quoting STXBohn (Reply 4):
Hope the OnePass miles don't expire anytime soon.

Go to the CO website and shop via their partners at least once every 18 months and they never will expire. Since they partner with 4 or 5 florists, should be simple. Just click through the OnePass site and make sure to give your number.
Of all the things to worry about... the Wookie has no pants.

Slovacek747

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:13 pm

I'm glad I have the CO MasterCard... I can buy a coke every 18 months and keep my account active  Smile

Slovacek747

IAHFLYR

Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:28 pm

Bring in 100 arrivals during an hour period..........ALL GATES ARE FULL at B, C, D and E!
Any views shared are strictly my own and do not a represent those of any former employer.

ThePinnacleKid

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:44 pm

Quoting Boeing743 (Thread starter):
I know that many regional use B expect for regional international use E.

I have yet to park on E (although in theory I guess we could)... everyone I have brought in from international has parked on D or on the D Intl. Ramp...
"Sonny, did we land? or were we shot down?"

davescj

Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:49 pm

Quoting ThePinnacleKid (Reply 8):
I have yet to park on E

Oddly, the AM flight from MEM -IAH - ELP does go through E when itis a 737....or at least it has when I was on it.

I also flew E out of IAH - CDG......I agree with the others, I like it.......but for a n RJ, B is quick and easy to get around, and has a great Pres. Club.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

lincoln

Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Quoting WesternA318 (Reply 3):
Most of the EWR and CLE arrivals/departures (at least when Im travelling) end up either leaving or coming into C.

Invariably when connecting through IAH I arrive at 'C' and depart from 'E' or arrive at 'E' and depart from 'C' (actually, off the top of my head, I can't think of a single time where I arrived in 'E'). The gates are well utilized, and it's quite a hike.

Lincoln
CO Is My Airline of Choice || Baggage Claim is an airline's last chance to disappoint a customer || Next flts in profile

iahflyer

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:25 pm

Quoting ThePinnacleKid (Reply 8):
I have yet to park on E (although in theory I guess we could)... everyone I have brought in from international has parked on D or on the D Intl. Ramp...

If I am not mistaken CO ERJ International flight use 1-(2 or 3) D gates. In the 2 or 3 years that E has been open, ( I have traveled through it 8 times), I have yet to see a ERJ or CRJ at a E gate.
Little airports with the big jets are the best!! Floyd

ConcordeBoy

Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:59 pm

Quoting Slovacek747 (Reply 6):
I'm glad I have the CO MasterCard...

...and for those of you who may not already be aware:
even if you lack the credit history to get a real MasterCard, Chase Bank now offers checking/debit cards that accrue CO or UA mileage just like the real thing.

What's even more cool is that they're also eligible for dining mileage programs. I use my CO checking card to get CO miles for most things, DL miles for eating out (everything from Pizza Hut to expensive joints); and then use my DL AmEx to double up on all things other. Very convenient, particularly seeing as I haven't been able to travel much in the past two years!
Faire du ciel le plus bel endroit de la terre c'est impossible sans Concorde!

DualQual

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:14 am

Quoting Davescj (Reply 9):
Oddly, the AM flight from MEM -IAH - ELP does go through E when itis a 737....or at least it has when I was on it.

I have never seen us use the same gate for the same flight pairing all the time. I can't tell you how many times I have flown the same flight on different days (usually within a few days of each other though) and they have been different gates, different terminals or even different equipment!
There's no known cure for stupid

ThePinnacleKid

Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:51 am

Quoting IAHFLYER (Reply 11):

If I am not mistaken CO ERJ International flight use 1-(2 or 3) D gates. In the 2 or 3 years that E has been open, ( I have traveled through it 8 times), I have yet to see a ERJ or CRJ at a E gate.

Yup (I've parked at D2 through D6)... and the hardstands that CHQ aircraft are sometimes parked at out there.. we use those a lot when inbound from intl.... if the D gates we use are full

Quoting Davescj (Reply 9):

I was talking about personally piloting the aircraft and I fly RJ's... I have yet to park on E...

davescj

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:03 am

Quoting IAHFLYER (Reply 11):

D is international arrivals.......I've seen RJ's leaving B for points in Mexico.
Can I have a mojito on this flight?

slider

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:29 am

Co also owns and operates Term E. They get a share of concessions revenue as well. Hence, there is inherent motivation to maximize utilization of these gates as opposed to others.

Gate plotting is more complex than a casual observer would also know. Gauge, arrival times, runway pattern, intl VS domestic, minimizing taxi times (on to in), you name it...

iahflyer

Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:53 am

Quoting Davescj (Reply 15):
D is international arrivals.......I've seen RJ's leaving B for points in Mexico.

I did not elaborate enough, sorry about that. Do any CO ERJ flight leave out of D or do they all get towed over to afterwards?
Little airports with the big jets are the best!! Floyd

ThePinnacleKid

Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:15 am

Quoting IAHFLYER (Reply 17):

I did not elaborate enough, sorry about that. Do any CO ERJ flight leave out of D or do they all get towed over to afterwards?

in a manner of speaking.. yes they do leave D under pilot's operating them... but only to repo them back over to B... otherwise.. the vast majority of the time they are supertug'ed back over to B...

iahcsr

Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:14 pm

Quoting IAHFLYER (Reply 17):
Do any CO ERJ flight leave out of D or do they all get towed over to afterwards?

On bad WX days, both CO and CoEx will run departures out of D when out of gate space elsewhere...  crowded 
Working Hard, Flying Right Friendly....

ABQ747

Tue Jul 03, 2007 6:03 pm

Quoting Davescj (Reply 15):

Right. When I flew Continental Express from IAH to ACA, we left from Gate B83A

drerx7

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:15 pm

For the IAH Master plan check out --> http://www.fly2houston.com/iahMasterPlan
HOUSTON, TEXAS

atct

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:38 pm

There are 3-4 times through the day that every single gate thats Continental is full of planes, with 10 or so sitting somewhere on the airport waiting. The C Concourse is full up alot of the time. The C30ish range are almost strictly home to B753's. Most of the day you will see 3-4 side by side in that area. (LAS, LAX, MCO, TPA, EWR etc.)

ATCT
Trikes are for kids!

WTXJET

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:29 am

Quoting Boeing743 (Thread starter):
I am wonder if it is waste of money to have E building and never use C or D?

I don't have many post here but I have to respond. Boeing743, please review your post before posting. If I have read your question correctly, your observation was made over two months ago while riding a bus. From this bus ride you have determined that terminals C & D are never used. Did I understand your question correctly?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos